RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To Pick Up Girls
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 16 post(s)
Re: How To Pick Up Girls

Darthmat Wrote:That's the whole point. Don't do anything you wouldn't just do naturally.
Omg epic fail. Lol. That's going to help some geek who gets bullied daily SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much.

Dude, how can someone be themselves, when they are most nervous asking a girl (or guy) out?

Epic win book.
Personal Development for Smart People.
11-11-2008 10:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Apathy Offline
Pariah

Given 6 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

Quote: That's the whole point. Don't do anything you wouldn't just do naturally.

So I naturally study Pick Up Get Over It!

Who am I? That is irrelevant.
What am I here for? That will become apparent.
You can call me Apathy!
11-11-2008 10:59 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

This thread is so full of lulz that it's almost not funny. But not quite.

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out the enormous white elephant in the room and take it out with a .50 caliber incendiary AP round: Girls themselves. There are several on this forum, why has nobody asked them what they're looking for in a guy's first impression?

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
11-11-2008 11:02 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

liq3 Wrote:
Darthmat Wrote:That's the whole point. Don't do anything you wouldn't just do naturally.
Omg epic fail. Lol. That's going to help some geek who gets bullied daily SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much.
Omg four letter word to debunk a statement. Lol.
Not purposely getting into danger has nothing to do with being yourself on a date.

liq3 Wrote:Dude, how can someone be themselves, when they are most nervous asking a girl (or guy) out?
It's terrifying. But so what? Doesn't mean you should all of the sudden put on an act.
Something_Spacey Wrote:
Quote: That's the whole point. Don't do anything you wouldn't just do naturally.

So I naturally study Pick Up Get Over It!
Oh yeah. Studying someone else's work and using it as a bible. That's totally being yourself.

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
11-11-2008 11:04 AM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Darthmat Wrote:It's terrifying. But so what? Doesn't mean you should all of the sudden put on an act.
Yet, they usually do. Or, as most often happens, they never act on it. They never ask the girl out. Saying "be yourself" won't help this problem.

Epic win book.
11-11-2008 11:06 AM
The Apathy Offline
Pariah

Darthmat, Let me put it in perspective You saying to not study pick up is the equivalent of saying I should have insecurities, be a pessimist, have a low self esteem, and have a scarcity mentality. That is the true opposite of a PUA.

however, When People see that nothing phases you and your perfectly comfortable in your skin they stop bullying you. You will see they actually start respecting you.

When Your comfortable in your own skin your naturally more adventurous, more fun to hang out with, have better energy and also happen to be good with women along with any other form of social interaction.

Have you ever hung out with a PUA? They are so inspiring and fun to spend time with.

You can call me Apathy!
11-11-2008 11:16 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 24 post(s)

Quote:Omg four letter word to debunk a statement. Lol.

Omg your sarcasm causes me to see the truth. Now I understand...sort of like what you do with every one of my posts right? Damn, you got me.

Quote:It's terrifying. But so what? Doesn't mean you should all of the sudden put on an act.

What act? You mean like, becoming confident to approach a girl, show her what your interests are, show her that you were kind enough to be respectful and playful with her, showing her that you were man enough to at least try her out? etc. etc

Quote:Oh yeah. Studying someone else's work and using it as a bible. That's totally being yourself.
Omg, you mean like, whenever I study philosophy or read literature and the author is telling me all these things and it starts changing how I think? You mean like when I read Dostoevsky for the first time, I suddenly understood what Christianity was about? Shit, I need to stop reading other people's opinions.

It's called weighing information and seeing what you agree with and seeing what you're like. Discovering yourself. I don't just blindly follow what goes on in the pick up show Keys to the VIP HURR DURR.

Fuck I better just stop reading all together or taking in any new information and start acting like myself.

Get the fuck off this forum Darthmat you fucking failure. I'm sick of your faggotry. I appreciate dissenting opinions because it's healthy and honestly I enjoy Alucard more than you because at least he isn't TRYING to be a retard.

To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. - Chuang-tzu
The quieter you become, the more you can hear. - Baba Ram Dass
The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
11-11-2008 11:17 AM
Darthmat Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 35 post(s)

I quit. Nothing will show you fools how dumb you are.

I highly suggest Mobb Deep's albums The Infamous and Hell on Earth, if you have not listened to it yet.
11-11-2008 11:24 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Darthmat Wrote:I quit. Nothing will show you fools how dumb you are.

HAHAHAHA I DEFEATED THE FAGGOT

I AM INTERNET TUFF GUY FUCK ALL NIGGERS

The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
11-11-2008 11:24 AM
The Apathy Offline
Pariah

Stratovarius Wrote:

HAHAHAHA I DEFEATED THE FAGGOT

I AM INTERNET TUFF GUY FUCK ALL NIGGERS

lol yay

You can call me Apathy!
11-11-2008 11:28 AM
Vatman Offline
Foreplay in Ink

Given 98 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

*cannot stop laughing* Its funny how much you have grown young jedi.

Some cupid kills with arrows, some with traps.
11-11-2008 12:03 PM
liq3 Offline
Fanatic

Well, better get to work on finding some nothing then eh?

Epic win book.
11-11-2008 12:44 PM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Given 30 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Hey spacey. Before you give more tips, plz realise that...

Most of us don't want to be "PUA"'s!

This is not what SS is about!

In conclusion, GTFO.

The only good signature is a dead signature.
11-11-2008 12:45 PM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

26 Wrote:Hey spacey. Before you give more tips, plz realise that...

Most of us don't want to be "PUA"'s!

This is not what SS is about!

In conclusion, GTFO.

SS isn't about a lot of things and yet we talk about it. If you don't like a thread, don't respond to it, thus killing the topic.

In conclusion, STFU.

11-11-2008 12:46 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Well, since no one took my advice, I'll just put it out there to end this whole ridiculous shitthrowing fest once and for all.

To the ladies of SS: what do you find the most appealing, a guy who puts on an air of confidence and sex appeal in public that does not accurately reflect who he really is, or a guy who's totally truthful about his true nature, the good and the bad, right from the beginning?

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
11-11-2008 02:33 PM
The Apathy Offline
Pariah

Rebelnerd Wrote:a guy who puts on an air of confidence and sex appeal in public that does not accurately reflect who he really is
Rebel This is not an example of a PUA!

A PUA has to be congruent. He can only be confident in public if hes confident in every other aspect of his life.

You can call me Apathy!
11-11-2008 02:44 PM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Quote:To the ladies of SS: what do you find the most appealing, a guy who puts on an air of confidence and sex appeal in public that does not accurately reflect who he really is, or a guy who's totally truthful about his true nature, the good and the bad, right from the beginning?

Fail. Your loaded question combined with a false dichotomy shows you still don't get it.

Quote:A PUA has to be congruent. He can only be confident in public if hes confident in every other aspect of his life.

This.

11-11-2008 02:53 PM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Sorry for the caustic reply. Again, I don't think of pick up as intentionally lying to yourself. See my responses to Darthmat.

11-11-2008 03:08 PM
The Apathy Offline
Pariah

liq3 Wrote:
Something_Spacey Wrote:Well Liq3 I define it a PUA as someone who knows the steps to dancing the tango (Mating dance) combined with the thinking style of a successful business man.
Seems these skills have no correlation to intent (eg, getting laid, or deep relationship). Am I right?

Heres how I see it. The happier I am with myself (self improvement/value enhancement etc) the more happiness I will be able to share with whoever I choose to befriend.

I'm really the kind of person that stresses the value of socializing. Its everywhere (work/school/bars/malls etc). knowing what your doing and being comfortable really opens doors, and best of all its mostly just street smarts, everyone can learn how to be a leader.

You can call me Apathy!
11-11-2008 09:30 PM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 15 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

have you noticed, it's ll guys arguing? why not ask the girls on the forum what they tink or look for? i dont know a single woman who looks for a man with eyeliner and is a pua.

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
11-11-2008 09:55 PM
The Apathy Offline
Pariah

random_name Wrote:have you noticed, it's ll guys arguing? why not ask the girls on the forum what they tink or look for? i dont know a single woman who looks for a man with eyeliner and is a pua.

You, my friend are 13, Venusian Arts takes time and devotion. Most students achieve that rank in their mid/late 20's on average. Me and Strat are early bloomers so were lucky, however we would both agree theres still much room for improvement. You'd be suprised though Venusian artists are really Rare.

Most women in their early teens haven't had as much experience with guys as say a clubber.The Main reason we don't ask the girls though, for me atleast, is because girls only see the finished product not the inner structure of what happened in the interaction.

You can call me Apathy!
11-11-2008 10:07 PM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

come here and say that to my mum. i garuntee you wont go away with your face looking the same

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
11-11-2008 10:12 PM
The Apathy Offline
Pariah

random_name Wrote:come here and say that to my mum. i garuntee you wont go away with your face looking the same

what part? feel free to elaborate.

You can call me Apathy!
11-11-2008 10:16 PM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Something_Spacey Wrote:
random_name Wrote:come here and say that to my mum. i garuntee you wont go away with your face looking the same

what part? feel free to elaborate.

depends exctly how ou word it, but seriously, no woman i have ever spoken to (from 13 to 50) wants a pua.

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

11-11-2008 10:17 PM
over_9000 Offline
Renegade

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

random_name Wrote:depends exctly how ou word it, but seriously, no woman i have ever spoken to (from 13 to 50) wants a pua.
And since you haven't spoken to all women that are alive, we could assume that there are some women who want a pua. ( I hate PUAs actually)
11-11-2008 10:21 PM
The Apathy Offline
Pariah

Quote:depends exctly how ou word it, but seriously, no woman i have ever spoken to (from 13 to 50) wants a pua.

What?? I show my copy of "The Game by Neil Strauss" to chicks and they find it interesting. Just don't act weird and girl crazy when you do it. Laugh

Besides, It wouldn't be pick up if it didn't get women. theres the logic, Yes

oh right, but females respond to emotion so thats not gonna cut it for you is it? None

You can call me Apathy!
11-11-2008 10:26 PM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

I've never met a girl that said they specifically like assholes and players and yet they fall for them everytime.

11-11-2008 10:31 PM
The Apathy Offline
Pariah

Stratovarius Wrote:I've never met a girl that said they specifically like assholes and players and yet they fall for them everytime.

Yes because they're too busy telling us they like nice guys with a sense of humour who are taller than them! Smile

Somehow though Short guys get married Bigeek ,one of the many mysteries of life!!

I'm gonna risk some generalizations here, but they are so universal they "should" be spot on.

Guys Its called Girl Code. You can never take what a girl says at face value. She may hate you one second then love you the next.

An example Girls never fist fight to solve their problems they are sly and more indirect and use methods closer to psychological warfare. Yes

You can call me Apathy!
11-11-2008 10:35 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Ok, I'll be the first to admit that I'm no expert when it comes to girls. In fact I'm probably the last person on Earth any sane human would ask for dating advice. But, something tells me that they probably don't like it when people reduce them to stereotypes. Girls, am I right?

Quote:Somehow though Short guys get married Bigeek ,one of the many mysteries of life!!

FUCK YOU COCKSUCKER, SHORT PEOPLE BUILT THIS COUNTRY!!!

11-12-2008 02:13 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

Can't we just all get along and whatch this video starring everyones favourite talented singer?
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=f2b1D5w82yU
11-12-2008 02:18 AM