RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
67 Things To Do At School When Bored
Quioxte Offline
Pariah

Given 12 thank(s) in 5 post(s)
67 Things To Do At School When Bored

Not sure if you all have seen this before, but here's a list I found on some site (link at bottom of page. It's actually not a bad list. Oh yeah, post anything else like this? Whether you found it on the internet or made it up, I'd like to hear it. So anyways....

67 Things To Do In School When Bored...

1. Walk backwards and when you bump into someone yell, “Watch where you’re going! Geez!”

2. Choose a ‘unique’ teacher and impersonate him/her the whole day.

3. Say everything really loudly.

4. Say everything really softly.

5. Stick ‘Kick Me’ signs signed by yourself all over your back.

6. Pretend to fall asleep and when anyone touches you or talks to you, ‘wake up’ and yell, “Can’t anyone get some decent sleep around here?”

7. Run into walls and apologize to them.

8. Every time you see one of your friends, shout, “Hello!” really loudly from across the room.

9. Walk up to students you don’t know at all and say ‘hi’ or ‘hello’ repeatedly.

10. When the teacher walks out of the room, walk to the board and start ‘teaching’ the class.

11. Say serious things in a sarcastic tone and sarcastic things in a serious tone.

12. Hug your friends randomly and say, “I’m going to miss you sooooo much!” and start bawling loudly.

13. Bring in a metal cup with some change in it and start clanging it around as if you’re a beggar.

14. Hand out detention slips to people you dislike while wearing a band labeled “Detention Monitor” (you know, like hall monitor bands?)

15. Put up school election posters after the election is over.

16. Write a letter to the guidance counselor telling him/her how he/she has caused more problems than he/she has fixed.

17. Tell your teacher that your imaginary friend Bob ate your homework.

18. If there is an empty seat next to you, start whispering and passing notes. When someone asks you what you are doing, tell them that it was Bob’s fault.

19. Gossip about yourself.

20. Gossip about Bob.

21. Tell the teacher that Bob did (insert whatever Bob did here).

22. Keep talking as if you’re talking to the person next to you, and when they answer, scream, “I wasn’t talking to you! Now, Bob, where were we?”

23. Run down the halls.

24. Repeat.

25. Repeat.

26. Yell at yourself, “The halls are not a race track!” Then walk away and pretend nothing happened.

27. Zone out whenever anyone speaks to you.

28. Grin broadly and say, “I didn’t take my medication today!”

29. Act like germs are your worst enemy and when someone informs you that they are everywhere scream, “Ah! Get them off! GET THEM OFF!!!”

30. Act like you’re scared of everything.

31. Bring a straitjacket to school and say, “See? My mommy uses this when she forgets to give me my medication.”

32. Say the word ‘like’ in between like every like word like you like say.

33. Start sneezing and hacking all over the place, wipe your nose, and then say, “It’s (insert made-up illness here). *cough* Very *hack* contagious *cough*”

34. Draw a stick figure and ask your art teacher, “Isn’t it beyootiful?”

35. Make up a word and ask your CA teacher what it means.

36. If you are the teacher’s pet, break some rules and see if you get into trouble.

37. Give a present to your locker and start singing “Happy Birthday” to it.

38. Act like the opposite of your normal self.

39. Apologize for every little thing you do.

40. Have conversations with yourself.

41. Have conversations with Bob.

42. Wear something really formal and when people ask you why you’re wearing it say, “Why? Isn’t it picture day today?”

43. Randomly start banging on a computer and exclaim, “Why won’t this thing work?”

44. Look up words that also mean ‘here’ and say them when your teachers call your name for attendance.

45. Act like the ‘popular’ cliques in your school except exaggerate. i.e. Say, “Oh my gawd! I can’t believe that he said that she said that she said that he said that… (etc.)”

46. Speak in a foreign language all day except in that class.

47. Dance to your classes.

48. Bring a Glad product to school and whenever someone gets mad at you, say, “Don’t get mad! Get Glad!” Then hold up the Glad product.

49. If you know a foreign language that nobody else knows (This is important!) teach the obnoxious jerks in your school ‘curse words’ (well, tell them that) Instead, teach them phrases such as ‘I love you’ and ‘Will you marry me?’ (Unless the only other people who know the language are your friends and won’t tell them, don’t try this)

50. Watch them say those things to each other and laugh hysterically.

51. Pretend you’re in a secret organization and sneak around to your classes.

52. Look up five difficult words in the dictionary and use them as much as you can all day.

53. Randomly shout, “Are we there yet?”

54. Whenever someone of the opposite gender (that you particularly do not like) touches you, scream, “PERVERT!” and run away bawling.

55. Every time someone says something to you, act like you’re deaf and scream, “What?!”

56. Run down the halls screaming, “Bob is coming! BOB IS COMING!”

57. Later on, tell people it was a Social Studies project and since you’re studying the American Revolution…

58. Babble about your latest obsession (bishie, video game, anime, etc.)

59. Randomly hyperventilate.

60. Whack/kick people for being perverted.

61. Scribble everything down in the worst handwriting imaginable.

62. Try to decipher it.

63. Take out a picture(s) of your bishie(s) and stare and drool at it. If you’re not a fangirl/boy, stare and twitch while staring at people doing the activity stated before this sentence.

64. Walk up to people having a conversation, laugh really loudly and then walk away.

65. Answer all questions with two words… ‘no comment’

66. Stare at someone and if/when they stare back at you, yell, “Staring is extremely impolite!”

67. Print this out and read it over seven times before you’re sick of it and throw it away.

http://www.fanart-central.net/chapter-14069.html
01-04-2009 10:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Steven Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Re: 67 Things To Do At School When Bored

39. Apologize for every little thing you do.
- this is something a classm8 does everyday but he's not trying to be funny Cuckoo

64. Walk up to people having a conversation, laugh really loudly and then walk away.
Rofl
01-06-2009 12:58 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 15 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

i or someone i know have done all these things apart from 67 xD

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
01-06-2009 02:31 AM
Steven Offline
Revolutionary

random_name Wrote:i or someone i know have done all these things apart from 67 xD

Bob ? Laugh
01-06-2009 02:42 AM
undergroundrevolutionary Offline
Pariah

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

68. beat off in the middle of class and say you were just scratching your dick

Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life your living? Bob Marley
01-06-2009 02:49 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Stephen Wrote:
random_name Wrote:i or someone i know have done all these things apart from 67 xD

Bob ? Laugh

how did you guess?

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
01-06-2009 03:25 AM
ChickenLeg Offline
Revolutionary

Given 8 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

List is win.

[Image: b24db005eGyMw.png]
01-07-2009 03:48 PM
Fang Offline
Defiant

i have done several of these we should all print this out and challenge someone to complete all these as a task and if they do they get a reward also should there be a universal reward or should we each give something different

Martyrs are needed for incidents
Incidents are needed for revolution
Revolution is needed for progress
01-10-2009 06:17 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Fang Wrote:i have done several of these we should all print this out and challenge someone to complete all these as a task and if they do they get a reward also should there be a universal reward or should we each give something different

i won the competition

Hidden stuff:

-Ben Franklin

01-10-2009 11:18 PM
Quioxte Offline
Pariah

random_name Wrote:
Fang Wrote:i have done several of these we should all print this out and challenge someone to complete all these as a task and if they do they get a reward also should there be a universal reward or should we each give something different

i won the competition

Your prize was not being bored at school for 1 day.
01-11-2009 12:06 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Given 10 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

I've seen this list a million times. And I must admit, a lot of the things on it will make you look like a fucking moron.
01-12-2009 05:32 AM
i-am-the-liquor Offline
Fanatic

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

undergroundrevolutionary Wrote:68. beat off in the middle of class and say you were just scratching your dick
did it

I dont mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am,so thats how it comes out.- bill hicks
01-14-2009 02:23 AM
SurvivalWarrior Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Randomly shout, “Are we there yet?”

haha my teacher is talking and i shout are we there yet out! lmao
01-26-2009 08:39 AM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

when the teacher askes to talk to you alone yell i well not have sex with you

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -socrates-

Schooling us to prepare us for the career in need
Not caring about our interests and dreams to heed
01-26-2009 09:17 AM
youvebeenthunderstruck Offline
Fanatic

Given 21 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

This thread is full of fucking fail.

<lordpie> Life sucks so much right now. It seems I'm spending all of it doing math.
<Rosti_LFC> You are "Math Boy"
<Rosti_LFC> Doer of math
<Rosti_LFC> Unable to integrate with society. Only with functions of x
01-26-2009 09:19 AM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

yea so it happens

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -socrates-

Schooling us to prepare us for the career in need
Not caring about our interests and dreams to heed
01-26-2009 09:21 AM
Quioxte Offline
Pariah

youvebeenthunderstruck Wrote:This thread is full of fucking fail.

you're full of fail
01-26-2009 09:25 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Any interesting things happen at your school this year? mudkip liek 71 27,970 06-24-2017 06:16 AM
Last Post: Marlena403
  Things you did in school. AnonBrony 27 10,454 05-07-2017 03:00 AM
Last Post: Avatar Korra
  16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me in School Miller0700 5 10,076 06-24-2016 11:20 PM
Last Post: gone
  5 Things It Turns Out You Were Right to Hate About School Miller0700 37 27,191 06-24-2016 04:07 PM
Last Post: UnicornLionWolf
  5 Dumb Things I Used to Think About School - A Teacher Turns on the Value of... SoulRiser 3 3,112 09-15-2015 09:06 AM
Last Post: Cianna200
  A 10 things that i think is bullshit about school Rebel12 13 7,539 06-21-2014 05:29 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  Bored at school? jackssmirkingrevenge 1 1,682 09-27-2013 02:40 PM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  "School exists so you can experience new things." Miller0700 30 13,785 03-24-2012 01:30 AM
Last Post: Aya
  Five things they never tell you about High School until it's too late Miller0700 1 3,054 03-16-2012 05:29 AM
Last Post: SaintVicious
  Some things to do in school. aerftghyjk 5 1,956 09-29-2009 10:11 PM
Last Post: returnal