RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Revolution Update
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)
A Revolution Update

Discussions about the revolution have taken place in these threads:

Hidden stuff:
http://www.school-survival.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11676

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11709

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11707

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11752

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11717

If you haven't already, please read through the threads (especially the first one) to find out what's happening.

We've established(well most of us agreed) that taking action now is better than sitting around and waiting for a miracle.

This following intro to the revolution was a team effort and is the only one we have so far(I added a few paragraphs to finish it off, criticism is welcome):
Quote:Laws. Rules that define what is and is not allowed. Disobeying the law results in deserved punishment. They enforce your rights, making sure people don't impose on your freedom. Now what if laws imposed on your freedom? What if they were imposing on your parental rights, telling you how to raise your children? You'd be outraged wouldn't you? Utterly disgusted.

Well, they are. They force you to send your childen to school. You have no choice in the matter, except which school to send them to. Private school, public school? Maybe homeschool them, though even then the government still keeps tabs on you. The government doesn't interfere with what they eat, what they wear or when they go to bed. Why should it be allowed to decide if they go to school or not? It's such a major decision.

In it's current state, schools are isolated from the rest of society. Children, the most vulnerable of our kind, are forced to attend these secure institutions where they are fed not valuable learning material, but anything that the government wants. Parents should have a say in what their children learn, and the children themselves, not the government.

The current school system supresses creativity, individuality and produces obedient workers.

If the law is harming society and destroying children, then it must be changed. The only way we can do this is by spreading awareness and exposing the flaws of school.

You can help by telling others about this article and therefore joining the <NameOfRevolutionHere>, which is about spreading awareness and exposing school's major flaws.

There have been many suggestions for a name for the revolution:
-FER (Free Education Revolution)
-AS Revolution (Anti-School Revolution)
-SS Revolution
-Student Revolution
-Insurrection
-ASIO (Anti-School Information Organization)
-Educated Revolution

We also had many suggestions for a logo, and this one was popular(same as school-survival.net, or at least similar):
Hidden stuff:
[Image: badge.gif]

This is what we've come up with so far, but unless we have a place for the intro page, logo and name to settle, it's all very unofficial and the real winning logo and name will be the most popular one.

The goal here is to spread awareness, and to let others know what's wrong with school, but also to make our anti-school presence more well known.

Things that need more work are probably the intro and a final name.
01-16-2009 10:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
schoolhater234 Offline
Renegade

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)
Re: A Revolution Update

It's very good although before it goes public, that pharagraph will definitely need some editing because I've found a few grammar mistakes in it and it would look a lot better if all the grammar and spelling was good. Should I edit it for you?

But anyways, It's still awesome. I'd love to be involved in helping set this up... or whatever other help you need.

sCHOOlHatER234

Aint no power like the power of the people cause the power of the people don't stop!

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.
- Abraham Lincoln

Come children and students abide by our rules
we'll send in the troops to recruit at your schools
and we'll tell you it's noble, we'll tell you it's cool
and you'll hear every word that we're saying
and there's room in the jails if the classrooms are full
for the times, they are not a-changin'
come mothers and fathers and friends of the slain
while we exploit your loses to fund our campaigns
we brought you the war, now there's no one to blame
you best hope the new leader ain't crazy
you can vote how you want but the outcomes the same
for the times, they are not a-changin'
- Ryan Harvey
01-17-2009 01:46 AM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

schoolhater234 Wrote:It's very good although before it goes public, that pharagraph will definitely need some editing because I've found a few grammar mistakes in it and it would look a lot better if all the grammar and spelling was good. Should I edit it for you?

But anyways, It's still awesome. I'd love to be involved in helping set this up... or whatever other help you need.

sCHOOlHatER234

Yes please editing it would be great Biggrin Or if you think you could make it longer or more persuasive that would be good too
01-17-2009 01:59 AM
DeadLugosi Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

As I suggested when I talked about creating a facebook group and as soulriser suggested somewhere else, it'd be nice to have some kind of arguments list: more explicit than a text, if the list is numbered, one can refer to the number of the argument if one wants to contest it, easy to add arguments etc.
Of course this isn't incompatible with a text, both should be done actually.

One argument I can think of right now: School is official, hence it teaches official knowledge and consequently prevents progress (I'm going to post a thread about something a college teacher said in class which shocked me and perfectly illustrates this argument).
Another one: remember that quote "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it"? Well, this is not only the reason why teachers are difficult to convinced: this is also one of the reasons why school sucks: if we found more efficient methods for teaching, that would mean we'd need less teachers, and I don't know about other countries but in France teachers are the most powerful protesting force, which is why almost no reformation of the French education system has been successfully attempted for years (decades?). Question: can we let teachers control the education system while they have no interest in improving it (as they are protected by the state anyway)?
01-17-2009 04:18 AM
Swift Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

I think their should be some kind of flag for the revolt. I've made designs, as a amaetur vexillogist

"I heard a joke once. Man goes to doctor says "I'm terribly depressed". Doctor says "I know just what you should do. Poliacci the clown is in town, go see him, you'll be cheered right up." The man bursts into tears. "But Doctor, I am Poliacci." Funny joke. Roll on snare drum. Everyone laugh."

-Rorschach

[Image: BANANAMAN.gif]
01-17-2009 09:57 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Given 30 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Well then, let's see the designs.

The only good signature is a dead signature.
01-17-2009 10:11 AM
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

Given 28 thank(s) in 23 post(s)

As for names, shall we make a poll?

" I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. " ~From the television show The Wonder Years
01-17-2009 10:15 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

This just happened at me: Do we really nead an official name?

01-17-2009 10:21 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

It would certainly be more convenient than saying "hey dude, you want to join this group of students who are trying to gradually influence the political process through petitioning, demonstrations and possible civil disobediance in order to win minors more rights when it comes to policy making in the education system?"

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
01-17-2009 10:39 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

I like simply calling it the revolution though it might be nice to stick a name to it.
If we do use a name I vote for the free education revolution
01-17-2009 10:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

Vote for FER!!!

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
01-17-2009 03:26 PM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

i liek students in arms its like saying wre sick of it and wre gonna fight for our rights SIA or just SA

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -socrates-

Schooling us to prepare us for the career in need
Not caring about our interests and dreams to heed
01-17-2009 03:32 PM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

yeah but that implies violence
01-17-2009 03:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
classclown Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

i thought of that and people say it we can say we fight by writing and protesting the last thing we need is voilence it would ruin it

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -socrates-

Schooling us to prepare us for the career in need
Not caring about our interests and dreams to heed
01-17-2009 03:37 PM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

so we dont need the in arms thing
01-18-2009 12:50 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

I shall abstain from voting simply from lack of any real choice on the ballot.

01-18-2009 01:05 AM
Quioxte Offline
Pariah

Given 12 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

Good Posts. I will come up with a few flag designs even though I am not a very good graphics designer...
01-18-2009 03:56 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

I could try making some designs if you like. Do you guys have any specific ideas?
01-18-2009 04:33 AM
PunchingYou Offline
Revolutionary

PresidentSwift Wrote:I think their should be some kind of flag for the revolt. I've made designs, as a amaetur vexillogist

WE SHALL SAIL UNDER A BLACK FLAG!

Right? We might be mistaken as pirates though

JESUS SAVES... ON THE PRICE OF DETERGALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!!
01-23-2009 10:20 AM
Swift Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

I was thinking of that Blue Rose color.

But Anarchy rulez. (Anarchy uses a black flag, in case you didn't know)

"I heard a joke once. Man goes to doctor says "I'm terribly depressed". Doctor says "I know just what you should do. Poliacci the clown is in town, go see him, you'll be cheered right up." The man bursts into tears. "But Doctor, I am Poliacci." Funny joke. Roll on snare drum. Everyone laugh."

-Rorschach

[Image: BANANAMAN.gif]
01-23-2009 10:52 AM
DeadLugosi Offline
Rebel

Well, as for the black flag, I must remind you that we don't want to be associated with any ideology, for we just want to INFORM people (we don't even give precise solutions), this way we'll have a greater audience to our cause.

Also, haven't you noticed that this stuff doesn't advance anymore? We got excited about this a few weeks ago and now, nothing ...
We've got to continue organizing that stuff guys, finding a name, a pamphlet, maybe a logo etc.

Just my opinion about our priorities: I think a name is necessary to keep organized, that is to keep organized nationally and internationally, also this way someone who's been given a flyer can google us. A logo is good but it's unnecessary (I'm not saying it's unuseful) for starting to take action and it can be changed very easily (changing the name will get harder and harder as the group grows, while we see organizations changing their logos regularly), a text (with our arguments and stuff) can be changed very easily too but it's absolutely necessary to take action (what are we going to do else? Distribute flyers with only our name and logo on them?...), of course we don't absolutely need a big and good one at first.
So, we need:
- First: a name
- Next: a little text explaining who we are etc. and, most important, our arguments
- Then: starting to take action (i.e. spreading information in any way possibleà

And (unnecessary but important) a logo.

Of course it's my vision of what we should do that you see here, I might have forgotten stuff or simply be wrong...
01-24-2009 11:03 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

We need to do stuff. I get back to school soon, and I'm going to hand out flyers and stuff. Also, as for the flag, if we make it, don't use any political references, not to anarchy, or the rebel flag. Nothing political. Ok?

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
01-24-2009 07:36 PM
Liquid Offline
poison - do not drink

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

psychopath Wrote:There have been many suggestions for a name for the revolution:
-SS Revolution
-Student Revolution
-Insurrection
-Educated Revolution

WTFH

Who proposed "Insurrection"???
The "Insurrection" was the IAA's version of this...

//

[Image: techhoops5.jpg]
01-30-2009 09:13 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Liquid Wrote:
psychopath Wrote:There have been many suggestions for a name for the revolution:
-SS Revolution
-Student Revolution
-Insurrection
-Educated Revolution

WTFH

Who proposed "Insurrection"???
The "Insurrection" was the IAA's version of this...
Some guy calling himself "hbomb". It was his only post.

01-30-2009 09:24 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 24 post(s)

Students Against Public Schooling (SAPS)
Students Against Modern Education (SAME) = This is a facebook group I saw.
Students Organized Against Public Schooling (SOAPS)

To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. - Chuang-tzu
The quieter you become, the more you can hear. - Baba Ram Dass
The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
01-30-2009 09:27 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Why would anyone call themselves SAPS?

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
01-30-2009 11:15 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Why would any-one call themselves FER?

01-30-2009 11:16 AM
Michio-kun Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 24 post(s)

Rebelnerd Wrote:Why would anyone call themselves SAPS?

Who knows, but I like SOAPS.

To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. - Chuang-tzu
The quieter you become, the more you can hear. - Baba Ram Dass
The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass. - Dogen
Great Faith. Great Doubt. Great Effort. - The three qualities necessary for training. - Zen saying
Possessing much knowledge is like having a thousand foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook. - Zen saying
01-30-2009 11:38 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Fire Elf Wrote:Why would any-one call themselves FER?
Why not?

01-30-2009 11:52 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Rebelnerd Wrote:
Fire Elf Wrote:Why would any-one call themselves FER?
Why not?
It sounds wrong?

01-30-2009 01:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Quinte Secondary School Revolution (QSS REVOLUTION) darkworld 7 3,663 03-30-2007 07:04 PM
Last Post: Odin