RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NewScientist has shown evidence that God is a lying prick
Milk2Go Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 29 post(s)
NewScientist has shown evidence that God is a lying prick

[Image: img0935iq9.jpg]

Basically, the only reason we think God exists is because we convince ourselves he exists.
02-18-2009 12:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tasty Waffles Offline
Pariah

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)
Re: NewScientist has shown evidence that God is a lying prick

Thats nothing new to me. I never really believed in god. I always thought the church was a scam.
02-18-2009 12:26 PM
annie Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Was an interesting article...

Seen better in NewScientist though...

TEAM ATTICUS
"Do you really think so?"

How can anyone not get that reference...
02-18-2009 10:01 PM
Liquid Offline
poison - do not drink

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

*Sarcasm*
It's in a magazine, it must be true! Cuckoo

//

[Image: techhoops5.jpg]
02-19-2009 11:04 AM
Jackass McAwesome Offline
Fanatic

Given 24 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

"We don't need God.

God needs us."
02-19-2009 05:11 PM
Steven Offline
Revolutionary

Man = God
02-19-2009 10:27 PM
Liquid Offline
poison - do not drink

Stephen Wrote:Man = God

/* http://www.opc.org/lc.html */
God = "a Spirit, in and of himself infinite in being, glory, blessedness, and perfection; all-sufficient, eternal, unchangeable, incomprehensible, everywhere present, almighty, knowing all things, most wise, most holy, most just, most merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth." ;

/* http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/man */
Man = "a bipedal primate mammal of the genusHomo (H. sapiens) that is anatomically related to larger more advanced apes comprising the family Pongidae but is distinguished by greater development of the brain with resulting capacityfor articulate speech and abstract reasoning, by marked erectness of body carriage with corresponding alteration of muscular balance and loss of prehensile powers of the foot, and by shortening of thearm with accompanying increase in thumb size and ability to place the thumb next to each of the fingers, that is usually considered to occur in a variable number of freely interbreeding races, and thatis the sole recent representative of the natural family Hominidae; broadly : any living or extinct member of the family Hominidae" ;

if ( Man == God )
{
Go_Jump_In_A_River () ;
}

//

02-20-2009 03:30 AM
Steven Offline
Revolutionary

Liquid Wrote:
Stephen Wrote:Man = God

/* http://www.opc.org/lc.html */
God = "a Spirit, in and of himself infinite in being, glory, blessedness, and perfection; all-sufficient, eternal, unchangeable, incomprehensible, everywhere present, almighty, knowing all things, most wise, most holy, most just, most merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth." ;

/* http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/man */
Man = "a bipedal primate mammal of the genusHomo (H. sapiens) that is anatomically related to larger more advanced apes comprising the family Pongidae but is distinguished by greater development of the brain with resulting capacityfor articulate speech and abstract reasoning, by marked erectness of body carriage with corresponding alteration of muscular balance and loss of prehensile powers of the foot, and by shortening of thearm with accompanying increase in thumb size and ability to place the thumb next to each of the fingers, that is usually considered to occur in a variable number of freely interbreeding races, and thatis the sole recent representative of the natural family Hominidae; broadly : any living or extinct member of the family Hominidae" ;

if ( Man == God )
{
Go_Jump_In_A_River () ;
}

i was pointing out that man created God so in a way... man IS God...but thanks for letting us know you're a nerd and u actually bothered to search for and copy-paste that.
i'm sorry but you really pwned me with your C++ skills, i have no reason left to live, i'm gonna go jump in a river kthxbye

- "almighty, knowing all things, most wise, most holy, most just, most merciful and gracious"
how the hell would people know how God is unless man actually created God.
religion is so funny sometimes...
02-20-2009 04:14 AM
whistlingwings Offline
Revolutionary

I'm also an atheist, but what you've done here is just posted the front cover of a magazine and therefore is hardly conclusive.
02-20-2009 05:12 AM
Liquid Offline
poison - do not drink

Stephen Wrote:i was pointing out that man created God so in a way... man IS God...but thanks for letting us know you're a nerd and u actually bothered to search for and copy-paste that.

Your welcome Biggrin

Stephen Wrote:- "almighty, knowing all things, most wise, most holy, most just, most merciful and gracious"
how the hell would people know how God is unless man actually created God.
religion is so funny sometimes...

We know God because He chose to reveal His existence to man and told people what to write.

//

02-20-2009 06:55 AM
Liquid Offline
poison - do not drink

Wolfeh Wrote:I agree with Stephen in that man is God.

I would also like to note I don't believe in the monotheistic Judeo-Christian God. I interpret God in another manner. And as such, I believe that God is man, and man is God. The oneness of everything in existence has been shown to me through a couple personal revelations, and though we are autonomous beings, we are all one and the same.

So you're Pantheist?

//

02-20-2009 09:03 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

Liquid Wrote:if ( Man == God )
{
Go_Jump_In_A_River () ;
}

Java?

[Image: funny-gifs-wax-on-wax-owl.gif]
02-20-2009 12:33 PM
Jackass McAwesome Offline
Fanatic

Given 24 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

Hey, idiots.

Stop ignoring my posts -_-
02-20-2009 05:22 PM
Liquid Offline
poison - do not drink

john tuttle Wrote:
Liquid Wrote:if ( Man == God )
{
Go_Jump_In_A_River () ;
}

Java?

It's just a small block of code, with nothing actually proving the exact language for sure.

I was actually thinking in PHP when I wrote it, but it could really be almost any language in the C family: C, C++, C--, D, Java, PHP, Javascript, C#, etc.

Oni-Chiisu Wrote:Hey, idiots.

Stop ignoring my posts -_-

You mean this one?? :

Oni-Chiisu Wrote:"We don't need God.

God needs us."

My answer would be that God "upholds" the universe. Like your computer "upholds" little soldiers marching across a map in a RTS game. Without God we would cease to exist, "in Him we live, move, and have our being."

//

02-25-2009 10:17 AM
Milk2Go Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 29 post(s)

Liquid Wrote:My answer would be that God "upholds" the universe. Like your computer "upholds" little soldiers marching across a map in a RTS game. Without God we would cease to exist, "in Him we live, move, and have our being."
You best be joking, nigger.
02-25-2009 11:00 AM
maxh Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Liquid Wrote:I was actually thinking in PHP when I wrote it, but it could really be almost any language in the C family: C, C++, C--, D, Java, PHP, J
Javascript, C#, etc.

There's a few ways to eliminate some of those languages. For example, it's almost certainly not Java (the method would be "goJumpInARiver()"). For the same reason, it probably isn't C++, and is unusual for C. Furthermore, in C, K&R style (which is semi-expected) would have
Code:
if(Man==God){
    goJumpInARiver();
}
so, with the previous note, C can safely be eliminated. Going through this process with other languages might identify which one is being used.

Carla Franklin has never denied that on the afternoon of the third of August 2006 she raped and killed sixteen children celebrating their friend's fifth birthday and forced their parents to share a dinner of their remains.

If a teacher you don't know tries to bust you for something, just tell them "Jsem výměnný student, nemluvím anglicky. Tak jdi do prdele ty posranej hajzle, tvoje matka je kurva!", then send me money.
02-25-2009 11:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fuckthesystem Offline
Revolutionary

Given 11 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

BobManPerson Wrote:
Liquid Wrote:My answer would be that God "upholds" the universe. Like your computer "upholds" little soldiers marching across a map in a RTS game. Without God we would cease to exist, "in Him we live, move, and have our being."
You best be joking, nigger.

[Image: fuckthesystem.jpg]

"The seeds of oppression, will one day bear the fruit of rebellion."

-Anonymous

Also, I just realized I spelled "bear" wrong in my sig. I changed it, but, how disgraceful...

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... 550073.jpg
02-25-2009 12:19 PM
Zstriker Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

I don't know If I have said it here, but I believe in god... in the sense that I think he is a radioactive alien... But I do have reason. Radiation can cause abnormal aging due to genetic mutation. And the bible makes 'im sound like an alien. Kinda hard to explain when it's not in person, so hard to make hand gestures...

*Insert awesome signature here*
Goingcrazy
"You can fight with only 2 things, your wits and your weapons."-Zach Eckard
Soldier1-"Remember the Alamo!"
Soldier2-"Didn't everyone die at the Alamo?"
Soldier1-"Don't remember that part!"
02-25-2009 01:58 PM
Steven Offline
Revolutionary

I believe Jesus is a time traveling prankster
02-26-2009 09:18 AM
Liquid Offline
poison - do not drink

maxh Wrote:
Liquid Wrote:I was actually thinking in PHP when I wrote it, but it could really be almost any language in the C family: C, C++, C--, D, Java, PHP, J
Javascript, C#, etc.

There's a few ways to eliminate some of those languages. For example, it's almost certainly not Java (the method would be "goJumpInARiver()"). For the same reason, it probably isn't C++, and is unusual for C. Furthermore, in C, K&R style (which is semi-expected) would have
Code:
if(Man==God){
    goJumpInARiver();
}
so, with the previous note, C can safely be eliminated. Going through this process with other languages might identify which one is being used.

You are right, that would show what language I'm using via process of elimination, But it would still compile and run right in almost any of those, it would just be bad form.

You must be experienced, calling it "K&R style" means you've been around the block a bit Smile

//

02-27-2009 06:27 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence Reptorian 36 14,738 08-18-2012 09:36 AM
Last Post: Sociopath
  Evidence for Gobal Conspiracy: Banker spotted leaving "adjourned" meeting aaaaaaasd 6 2,501 03-14-2012 11:02 PM
Last Post: bulgarianlion
  Lying youvebeenthunderstruck 54 7,521 03-28-2008 04:21 PM
Last Post: Loxor