RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creationists
Fuckthesystem Offline
Revolutionary

Given 11 thank(s) in 7 post(s)
Creationists

Today, in my 6th period class: World Geography, I ended up having a debate, if you will, about high school. At least, it started out as a debate about high school, and ended up being about life and God, and a bunch of other bullshit.

It all started when this girl asked me if I wanted to graduate; since I do absolutely nothing. Well, almost nothing. I replied with an obvious "No." School is useless to me. She gave me a look, and rolled her eyes. This pushed me to ask her why she wanted to graduate, since she obviously wanted to graduate so badly.

Her reply was, and I quote: "Because I want to make something of myself." Now, going to a pointless prison for four years(maybe more) can help you get an okay job. But, what stunned me was when I asked her if people who don't graduate from high school make anything of themselves. As i'm sure most of you already see, she said "No." This is when the debating with the teacher began.

I honestly can't remember EXACTLY what he said, but it was something along the lines of: "School is about coming here to learn. If you don't learn anything here, you'll have nothing."

I then told him, and the girl, about Albert Einstein, arguably the most intelligent man to ever live, dropping out of high school. He said: "Albert Einstein's IQ was above 130." I took this personally for a moment because my IQ is 130 and I thought he was insulting my intelligence by saying that. I do believe that IQ is just man-made and of no importance, but it was what he was talking about that made me care. I then told him that my IQ was 130, and he gave me an ugly expression on his face that said "You retard. That's just way too smart for any regular kid, and you're intellect is no where near that level. You're a 15-year-old slacker who's never going to amount to anything in this world." Long definition of a facial expression, I know.

Anyways, after basically calling me an idiot, he began telling me about his idea of 'education' once more until he said that "life isn't about living for yourself, it's about living for other people." I was shocked. I challenged him. I said that life was exactly that: living for yourself, and that the only reason he thought that was because he was a mormon.

That's where the relevance of the topic title comes into play. He began to tell me that just because I didn't believe in a higher power, that meant anything different or something like that. He said that "When you die, you're going to have to answer to God. And if nobody 'comes up' to God and tells him that you did anything good for those people, then you're going to hell."

I laughed so hard at that statement.

I absolutely find it hilarious when creationists just can't set aside the concept of God, even momentarily, so that they can have a rational conversation with anyone who doesn't agree with their beliefs. It's like, they are so used to the idea of there being a god, that they can't even discuss anything otherwise, even when the conversation is totally hypothetical.

I'm fine with everyone's beliefs, no matter how stupid, as long as they don't pull that bullshit on me. I do not know whether or not there is a higher power, and I may never know, and unless I am positive that there is, I will not think twice about being an agnostic. That's what the definition of agnostic is, anyway: for something to be unknown, and not being able to prove or disprove something. I just happen to lean more towards the atheistic side of views.

I just wish more people would at least try to think outside the box, or inside the box depending on what you think is stupid and what is not. It gets so mind-numbing sometimes.

I'm done venting.

[Image: fuckthesystem.jpg]

"The seeds of oppression, will one day bear the fruit of rebellion."

-Anonymous

Also, I just realized I spelled "bear" wrong in my sig. I changed it, but, how disgraceful...

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... 550073.jpg
02-28-2009 03:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jackass McAwesome Offline
Fanatic

Given 24 thank(s) in 17 post(s)
Re: Creationists

*Throws you a box of awesome cookies*

I applaud that you decided to stick up for yourself on this matter, friend. However, I also gotta call you a moron, cause you actually tried to explain why to these sheeple fuckers. There wasn't a point to it, really cause nothing will change their minds, nor make them accept your ideas, whether you intended to or not.

Although now you have a cause to sue because he not only called you "stupid" but he also broke secular law, that oh so fun, SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE.
02-28-2009 03:59 PM
Fuckthesystem Offline
Revolutionary

Oni-Chiisu Wrote:*Throws you a box of awesome cookies*

I applaud that you decided to stick up for yourself on this matter, friend. However, I also gotta call you a moron, cause you actually tried to explain why to these sheeple fuckers. There wasn't a point to it, really cause nothing will change their minds, nor make them accept your ideas, whether you intended to or not.

Although now you have a cause to sue because he not only called you "stupid" but he also broke secular law, that oh so fun, SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE.

*Catches them, opens box, takes two and stuffs them in his mouth.*

But seriously, thanks. It's all good. I agree that it was pretty stupid for me to even think about engaging in any kind of argument or debate with them. Of course, with creationists, debate doesn't exist, as the conversation always leads to argument, and curse words. Usually on the creationist's part.

Once again, venting. I don't mean this about ALL creationists. But definitely most.

*Swallows cookies*

-Anonymous

Also, I just realized I spelled "bear" wrong in my sig. I changed it, but, how disgraceful...

02-28-2009 04:07 PM
Jackass McAwesome Offline
Fanatic

Given 24 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

Creationists = Fundies. Refer to them as such. ^__^

But yeah, maybe we should come up with, not a list of arguments to try and battle them with, but slap-in-the-face arguments that make their jaws drop and their faces gain "I hate you" looks on them, whilst they try to refute what you just said. Even teachers, because they're breaking the law to begin with.
02-28-2009 04:11 PM
Fuckthesystem Offline
Revolutionary

I agree. Holy shit, that would be great.

Find flaws in their arguments, and totally own them with bible contradictions and such.

Matter of fact, here's a great website for bible ludicrousy.

www.godisimaginary.com

-Anonymous

02-28-2009 04:20 PM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Fuckthesystem Wrote:I agree. Holy shit, that would be great.

Find flaws in their arguments, and totally own them with bible contradictions and such.

Matter of fact, here's a great website for bible ludicrousy.

http://www.godisimaginary.com
Link doesn't work.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
02-28-2009 10:28 PM
Fuckthesystem Offline
Revolutionary

That's strange. It works for me.

Just type it into the browser.

-Anonymous

03-01-2009 06:59 AM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Fuckthesystem Wrote:That's strange. It works for me.

Just type it into the browser.
Its working now. Probably was just down.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
03-01-2009 07:00 AM
Thought Crimnal Offline
Revolutionary

Given 6 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

fucking brilliant. *throws system an ice cold beer*
that page on creationism is lulzy and true.

[Image: dinosaursagenstcreationism.gif]

Watch on YouTube
03-01-2009 07:18 AM
Fuckthesystem Offline
Revolutionary

*Catches beer*

Thank you.Wink

-Anonymous

03-01-2009 07:35 AM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Quote:these sheeple fuckers

i find this funny. cause ounce i was in ccd ( like sunday school) and they showed this picture of this sheep going against the rest of the sheep. and they wre like we are like the sheep going against the others and doing whats right. i was luaghing my ass off.

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -socrates-

Schooling us to prepare us for the career in need
Not caring about our interests and dreams to heed
03-01-2009 11:59 AM
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

Given 28 thank(s) in 23 post(s)

I might actually print that post and show this to all creationist believers. Well FREAKIN Done.

" I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. " ~From the television show The Wonder Years
03-01-2009 12:05 PM
Fuckthesystem Offline
Revolutionary

The Man Of Pie Wrote:I might actually print that post and show this to all creationist believers. Well FREAKIN Done.

That'd be awesome if you did that. I'd appreciate it.Smile Thank you.

Classclown, you just reminded me, they think that they are the one's against everyone else. They think that they're pursued because of what they believe in. When the fact of the matter is, it is the atheists and the agnostics and definitely the wiccans who are pitted against the majority of people.

If you believe a god with no supporting evidence besides a bunch of human beings saying something happened to them that may involve a 'supernatural' occurence that can be proved with science, you're just a delusional moron who more than likely has some fear of death.

Tools.

-Anonymous

03-01-2009 12:55 PM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Given 14 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

Umm... creationism came up absolutely no where in your discussion with the teacher... He didn't mention anything about the beginnings of life, just that he believed in God, so I'm confuzzled on my you decided to call hi a creationist.

Anyways, the girl in your class is quite moronic. So is your teacher. Einstein's IQ was 165, and that was from teacher an English IQ test when he wasn't fluent in English and had just immigrated to the US. (So, it's probably higher) The average IQ is 100. (When they score the tests, they take the average score and make that 100)

Yeah, and about the girl... well... I don't even think I have to go there...

[Image: ambnh8.jpg]
03-02-2009 04:07 AM
Fuckthesystem Offline
Revolutionary

Freak Wrote:Umm... creationism came up absolutely no where in your discussion with the teacher... He didn't mention anything about the beginnings of life, just that he believed in God, so I'm confuzzled on my you decided to call hi a creationist.

Anyways, the girl in your class is quite moronic. So is your teacher. Einstein's IQ was 165, and that was from teacher an English IQ test when he wasn't fluent in English and had just immigrated to the US. (So, it's probably higher) The average IQ is 100. (When they score the tests, they take the average score and make that 100)

Yeah, and about the girl... well... I don't even think I have to go there...

He is a mormon, thus he believes that God created life. He is a creationist.

Agreed. She is pretty attractive, but has a rock instead of a brain up there in her head.

-Anonymous

03-02-2009 06:39 AM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

Did he say he's a creationist? Not all Mormons are creationists, the college professor that taught my Pre-AP English course first semester (he switched with the high school teacher for something or other) was a Mormon, and he protested against the idea of the world being 6 thousand years old. He said it amused him.

Besides, "Creationist" had nothing to do with what you stated was said in the conversation. You discussed education, and then he just stated that you need an education to help people or whatever to get into heaven. There was no mention of the beginnings of life.

Now, I can understand why this argument might seem irrelevant. But, half of this topic has been about creationism when it had nothing to do with it in the first place.

03-02-2009 10:28 AM
Fuckthesystem Offline
Revolutionary

Then he wasn't a mormon. All mormons are creationists. It's common sense. Perhaps he was raised mormon, or carries some mormon beliefs, but he is not a real mormon if he doesn't believe things along that line.

He is a creationist, and creationism ties into what he believes, and his beliefs are why the debate began. This WHOLE discussion has very well been about creationiSTS, and the stupidity they carries along with it all while spreading around like a sexually transmitted disease.

Mormons believe in Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ stated that God created EVERYTHING. That's called creationism. This certain teacher always talks about Jesus Christ in his class, and it's very annoying. He IS a creationist.

And also, the title had to do with MY beliefs on creationists, look at my signature. I posted that in the topic.

And just for the record, no one ever established Einstein's IQ, but it is said to be about 160. At least to my knowledge. Do you have any proof to validate that statement of him having a 165 IQ OR taking a test?

No worries. Irrelevant or not, I enjoy a good debate every now and then.

-Anonymous

03-02-2009 10:42 AM
Freak Offline
Fanatic

So you dictate what it means to be a Mormon?
Fundamentalist Mormons believe in creationism, some liberal ones do not. What? A Christian religion having different sects? Zomg! D=

And the debate, from my understanding, was about the important of education. And after that it led to irrelevant Creationist bashing.
You went from point A to point C, and I can't figure out where the fuck B is.

03-02-2009 11:40 AM
Fuckthesystem Offline
Revolutionary

I don't dictate anything. Anyone can put the word "mormon" in google and find the meaning of what it 'means' to be a mormon. It's their religion, not mine.

Nope, it wasn't about education completely. His whole point of view on education had to do with his belief in God and what his god wants. He believes that we need to grow up and become ordinary people with ordinary jobs, go to church, etc. When I told him I didn't want to graduate AND that I didn't believe in a higher power, he told me that even though I don't believe in a higher power, I still had to do what God wanted.

And the bashing of the creationists was COMPLETELY relevant. I mean, the title of the post is 'Creationists', so why wouldn't it be? I think you just misinterpreted this topic and why I made it. I made it because I was angry with what the teacher said. He totally dismissed what I was saying and used his religion to justify his views on why I was supposedly an 'idiot' for even thinking about dropping out of school.

I'm fed up with creationism and its bullshit. When I say ALL creationists, obviously I don't mean all, but the beliefs they hold need to be kept to themselves, their church, or any place where your opinion can be placed without trying to force others to read it; Like here for example.

And, what do liberal Mormons believe in then? Please tell me. I would just love to know.

-Anonymous

03-02-2009 12:22 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Quote:"life isn't about living for yourself, it's about living for other people."
You can't live for other people unless you take care of yourself first. And also, doing good things for others has nothing whatsoever to do with religion OR school. You don't need a special qualification to be able to help random strangers. I mean WTF, this guy seriously is linking the idea of doing some good for others with graduating school? Does he seriously believe that you can't do any good unless you graduate? That's just... Cuckoo

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
03-04-2009 10:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Trar Away
R.I.P.

Given 189 thank(s) in 125 post(s)

...the reason so many kids today are fucked up?
03-04-2009 10:35 PM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Quote:"life isn't about living for yourself, it's about living for other people."

this is just sadll how the world thinks it should be.

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -socrates-

Schooling us to prepare us for the career in need
Not caring about our interests and dreams to heed
03-06-2009 12:34 PM
Freeman Offline
Pariah

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Damn I wish someone would ask me a question like that so I could pwn them like you Laugh
03-06-2009 12:44 PM