School Survival Forums
Student Council - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Student Council (/showthread.php?tid=8232)

Student Council - Stealth - 08-17-2009 08:43 PM

So many schools have this student council job which is practically slavery and getting them to do stuff cause they are too lazy and stop kids in hating school.

It fails and it's probably on the highest list of my hate of school.
2 year groups usually at the top grades vote for a person to be selected,teachers nitpick and choose their victim.

It really is horrible especially how kids get taught that you must obey.
The faction captains are pretty much the same except different jobs and to be taught to increase school "spirit".

Most of these cult followers take down posters,threaten others to stop posting papers around school and tell them off all the damn time.

Re: Student Council - over_9000 - 08-17-2009 10:11 PM

Why would anyone join them? This is the first time I heard of tha.

Re: Student Council - Spot-ify - 08-17-2009 10:42 PM

I used to be in one (lol) only because it got me out of some lessons though.

Re: Student Council - aaaaaaasd - 08-18-2009 12:10 AM

The student council is a popularity contest at my place. It's filled with chavs.

Re: Student Council - Fire Elf - 08-18-2009 02:11 AM

We don't get to choose our student council. The administration just goes and hand-picks the most hopelessly brainwashed kids in the whole school.

Re: Student Council - Colin - 08-18-2009 05:51 AM

When I say I want to change stuff in the school, they always ask why I don't join the student council. Then I tell them that they don't actually do anything, and that they just plan dances and put up stupid posters to encourage school spirit, which in itself is a stupid notion. Somehow people think Student Council is important, or represents the students, but it really doesn't. Like XplodingNoggin said, it really is just a popularity contest.

Re: Student Council - John Tuttle - 08-19-2009 09:07 AM

Eh, at my school people join Student Council to pad their college applications. They don't have any real power or do much of anything at all.

Re: Student Council - Stealth - 08-20-2009 09:36 PM

It's the same thing over and over again and I haven't seen a single year in my life at school where no one wants to be in the student council.

Re: Student Council - FindTheLight - 09-01-2009 04:52 AM

The Student Council is one of the biggest time wasting exercises throughout the whole of school life.

They are meant to be there for students to express their views and opinions and change things around school, through meetings and 'agendas'. However, what people don't realise is how teachers sit through the meetings since it makes a change from their daily crap of a job whilst they don't give two hoots about what is said, after which they overlook any ideas that challenge the brainwash system or have to make staff make an extra effort in any way. Yes

Our head of school council made suggestions on being less strict on uniform since the lining material of our blazer caused her allergic reactions on her skin, rashes and irritation. Her reply was to not be so 'unthoughtful' and was required to wear her blazer at all times. Scratchchin

Re: Student Council - random_name - 09-01-2009 04:59 AM

XplodingNoggin Wrote:The student council is a popularity contest at my place. It's filled with chavs.

Re: Student Council - W.O.L.F.P.A.N.Z.E.R - 09-03-2009 08:14 AM

weve made a students union which actuley go on strike or occupy the buildings its pretty fun to an extent.
pisses the teachers off loads. Biggrin

Re: Student Council - AWOL - 09-03-2009 04:28 PM

People who run for student council are either mislead, fags or suckups (read: bigger fags).

Re: Student Council - Ter - 09-04-2009 04:36 PM

I have seen genuine intelligent people that join student councils in hope that it would make a differences in the school system ( no school uniform, lower consequence for tardiness est.), and most quit afterward because they were not popular enough to join because policy agenda are less important then popularity,( eliminating them before they can join) or when they reach student councils realizing that what they say come onto deaf ears to the administrator.

AWOL I don't think they're fag (most of the time) but more leaning on mislead, believing they can make a differences when school authority don't even consider the student councils opinion or view as important enough to think about.(On the other hand if only the popular kids got voted in...)

Re: Student Council - AWOL - 09-04-2009 04:38 PM

Maybe in your school, but in mine, everything I said is true.

Re: Student Council - musicmylife - 09-11-2009 01:51 AM

my god i was on that twice, by choice. it was the worst thing i've ever done, i thought i should cos i wanted a say and it was a good way out of lessons. i was wrong about the first thing. whatever we suggested they dismissed, they said it wont work, the teachers won't want to do that so don't even bother writing it down. or if we had a complaint we were told it won't be changed so learn to live with it. Cuckoo

RE: Student Council - The man - 05-13-2017 10:21 AM

(09-01-2009 04:52 AM)FindTheLight Wrote:  The Student Council is one of the biggest time wasting exercises throughout the whole of school life.

They are meant to be there for students to express their views and opinions and change things around school, through meetings and 'agendas'. However, what people don't realise is how teachers sit through the meetings since it makes a change from their daily crap of a job whilst they don't give two hoots about what is said, after which they overlook any ideas that challenge the brainwash system or have to make staff make an extra effort in any way. Yes

Our head of school council made suggestions on being less strict on uniform since the lining material of our blazer caused her allergic reactions on her skin, rashes and irritation. Her reply was to not be so 'unthoughtful' and was required to wear her blazer at all times. Scratchchin
THIS(WELL NOT THE LAST THING)

RE: Student Council - Rule_BreakerXVIII - 05-14-2017 03:55 AM

(08-18-2009 02:11 AM)Fire Elf Wrote:  We don't get to choose our student council. The administration just goes and hand-picks the most hopelessly brainwashed kids in the whole school.

Ours was the same...only we didn't even have a student council. We had monitors.

After a while, in 8th or 9th, we were generously allowed to elect our monitors from our class; and naturally, my class chose people who were less the teachers' pets and more likely to cover for us and such.

My 9th and 10th grade class was awesome Biggrin

Also, the students -the chattel, to most teachers- aren't the ones who make a difference. The real power resides with the parents, the ones who pay the fees. Sadly they are one of the first people to betray the youth as well.

Student Council - James Comey - 05-14-2017 06:15 AM

I seem to have forgotten the shitshow that was student senate.

I need to run as a student senator one day.

RE: Student Council - the Analogist - 05-15-2017 08:52 AM

i wanna run as regular senator

RE: Student Council - The man - 05-15-2017 10:19 AM

(05-15-2017 08:52 AM)the Analogist Wrote:  i wanna run as regular senator

RE: Student Council - James Comey - 05-15-2017 10:48 AM

(05-15-2017 08:52 AM)the Analogist Wrote:  i wanna run as regular senator

Trump is the president. Nothing is stopping you.