School Survival Forums
What High School Didn't Teach Me: A Recent Graduate's Perspective on How High School - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: What High School Didn't Teach Me: A Recent Graduate's Perspective on How High School (/showthread.php?tid=34808)

What High School Didn't Teach Me: A Recent Graduate's Perspective on How High School - xcriteria - 12-24-2014 04:55 PM

Rajat Bhageria wrote in Dialogue on Education:

"I am a freshman college student and after being forced to memorize facts throughout high school, I quickly realized that our education system was broken. Rather than being inspired to pursue projects that interests me, and being taught practical skills, I was forced to memorize facts that I would never need again. As a result, I wrote a book called "What High School Didn't Teach Me: A Recent Graduate's Perspective on How High School is Killing Creativity." What do you think?"

The Kindle version of the book is free on Amazon for the next day -- get it while you can!

You can read Kindle books on the web, or in PC, Mac, Andriod, and iOS apps.

What High School Didn't Teach Me: A Recent Graduate's Perspective on How High School

What do you all think?

What High School Didn't Teach Me: A Recent Graduate's Perspective on How High School - James Comey - 12-27-2014 05:21 PM

Seems like a very interesting book.

I'm just glad to be on SS, because unlike most people in my school, I discovered the things that interested me, especially having all my energy getting beaten out of my pulp for so many years. I just can't help but feel everyone in my school is told to stay on the highway.

Fuck that, I'm taking the exit.

What High School Didn't Teach Me: A Recent Graduate's Perspective on How High School - brainiac3397 - 12-28-2014 07:45 AM

hah...highway.

They actually mean barely-maintained path.

The "real world" outside of the school bubble is the highway. Highspeed and no mercy(pit stops are exclusions)