School Survival Forums
MUDs - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: MUDs (/showthread.php?tid=34352)

MUDs - Chanku - 09-15-2014 11:18 AM

Lets discuss MUDs

MUDs - brainiac3397 - 09-15-2014 12:13 PM

I played a MUD called Armageddon.

It was all text-based, a bit steep learning curve. Due to shitty internet I couldn't really do much with it but I have to say the limited time I spent on it, the community was VERY interactive and VERY VERY adherent to story and perception. Real fun.

MUDs - Chanku - 09-15-2014 12:51 PM

ArmageddonMUD? I think I've heard of it, I do plan on playing it soon(as soon as I get used to MUDs)

MUDs - brainiac3397 - 09-15-2014 01:22 PM

Yeah.

Real in-depth. They've got everything prepared. Story, occupations, rules, places, backstories and a small but very involved community of players.

I just found the actions a bit confusing, things like sit, stand, and even more confusing was adding stuff to the actions like "sit with crossed legs, stand with a drunken sway etc.". They have documentation for that stuff too though.

MUDs - Chanku - 09-16-2014 05:27 AM

Yeah, although MUDS are generally overwhelming when it comes to that stuff if you aren't used to it(I know it was that way with me).

MUDs - Chanku - 09-17-2014 09:39 AM

Alright I've been playing Aardwolf for a bit(it's actually rather newbie friendly, at least in my opinion. Especially when used with Mudlet). Anywho, MUDs are rather fun once you get into them.

MUDs - Alistoriv - 09-17-2014 11:05 AM

I used to be super into muds for whatever reason idk
Is Aardwolf an Iron Games one? I always found those well put together but kinda boring tbh.
There was one that was really good (First Age:Avalon I think I don't remember) but you had to pay for it after a while so I gave up on it ayyyy

MUDs - Chanku - 09-17-2014 11:16 AM

Aardwolf isn't an Iron Games one.