School Survival Forums
PEE CEE GAYMING MUSTARD RACK - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: PEE CEE GAYMING MUSTARD RACK (/showthread.php?tid=31945)

PEE CEE GAYMING MUSTARD RACK - KFC Nyan Cat - 03-11-2014 09:57 AM

WE R GR8 C4NSLE Gming IS GEEYYY!

^This is what a REAL PC Gaming "Master Race" comment looks like.

Also, PC Gaming Master Race was created to satire the stupid part of the PC gamers (like this)

RE: PEE CEE GAYMING MUSTARD RACK - craxyguy562 - 03-11-2014 10:00 AM

Have they ever used the word w00t?

RE: PEE CEE GAYMING MUSTARD RACK - gore goroth - 03-11-2014 11:31 AM

Probably because PCs ARE better in so many different ways. Lets go over them shall we?

1. Better graphics depending on when it was made. The xbox 360+ps3 used 8 year old hardware to run modern games. The graphics for games like Skyrim look like shit as compared to a modern PC. They don't call it a console port for nothing.
2. Mods. PC games can be modded. Not just for better graphics, but for bugfixes and shit too. Meanwhile if you have a buggy game on console you are SOL. You can even mess with the coding for your game sometimes too. Dat freedom.
3.You can upgrade your PC at any time. For console you are stuck with the same shitty graphics and hardware until a new one comes out.
4. Steam vs. gamestop. Prices for games are far cheaper on steam AND if you feel like you are being ripped off, you can just pirate bay it. Consolefags just kind of take it and get DLC-raped. And some games cost 80$ now. Seriously, 80$ that shit is ridiculous.
5. Xbone. Nuff said. There are so many things wrong with this gen of consoles don't even start.

#PCMASTERRACE

PEE CEE GAYMING MUSTARD RACK - James Comey - 03-11-2014 11:33 AM

I'm not going to respond to this thread. These are debates I'd rather not get involved in.... PC vs Console.

PEE CEE GAYMING MUSTARD RACK - Gwedin - 03-11-2014 12:33 PM

(03-11-2014 11:31 AM)gore goroth Wrote:  Probably because PCs ARE better in so many different ways. Lets go over them shall we?

1. Better graphics depending on when it was made. The xbox 360+ps3 used 8 year old hardware to run modern games. The graphics for games like Skyrim look like shit as compared to a modern PC. They don't call it a console port for nothing.
2. Mods. PC games can be modded. Not just for better graphics, but for bugfixes and shit too. Meanwhile if you have a buggy game on console you are SOL. You can even mess with the coding for your game sometimes too. Dat freedom.
3.You can upgrade your PC at any time. For console you are stuck with the same shitty graphics and hardware until a new one comes out.
4. Steam vs. gamestop. Prices for games are far cheaper on steam AND if you feel like you are being ripped off, you can just pirate bay it. Consolefags just kind of take it and get DLC-raped. And some games cost 80$ now. Seriously, 80$ that shit is ridiculous.
5. Xbone. Nuff said. There are so many things wrong with this gen of consoles don't even start.

#PCMASTERRACE

i luv ewe

PEE CEE GAYMING MUSTARD RACK - Ky - 03-12-2014 06:42 AM

And then there's the other side of PCs. If you don't have a good computer, your gaming experience will suck. Take it from the guy with the three-year-old laptop.

All in all, consoles and PCs are pretty much incomparable; consoles are pretty easy to rate, but there's so much diversity and instability in the PC market.

PEE CEE GAYMING MUSTARD RACK - brainiac3397 - 03-12-2014 07:09 AM

Lie...

My 3 year old laptop(soon to be four) works quite fine with many older games(not old DOS old, just not too very recent). Sure..my down arrow is completely gone, the right arrow is sticky, the 7 key is half stuck, I don't know how long space bar will last and I think one of the ALT keys seem to be stuck in place. The battery can't hold charge, it needs a fan stand due to high risk of overheating, and the screen is finicky(it turns white if move it to a specific degree).

PEE CEE GAYMING MUSTARD RACK - Ky - 03-12-2014 07:15 AM

Mine, evidently, was not built for gaming.

PEE CEE GAYMING MUSTARD RACK - brainiac3397 - 03-12-2014 07:21 AM

Mine is an HP netbook with no CD drive(so I guess it's a netbook).

But I'm the master of ghetto. I can turn anything into something it should not possibly be, regardless of the damage being caused.
It's gonna break one day...might as well break it hardcore.

RE: PEE CEE GAYMING MUSTARD RACK - gore goroth - 03-12-2014 08:58 AM

(03-12-2014 06:42 AM)DoA Wrote:  And then there's the other side of PCs. If you don't have a good computer, your gaming experience will suck. Take it from the guy with the three-year-old laptop.

All in all, consoles and PCs are pretty much incomparable; consoles are pretty easy to rate, but there's so much diversity and instability in the PC market.

If you have a PS1 or N64 most modern games probably won't work on that either.

RE: PEE CEE GAYMING MUSTARD RACK - KFC Nyan Cat - 03-12-2014 11:43 AM

(03-11-2014 11:31 AM)gore goroth Wrote:  Probably because PCs ARE better in so many different ways. Lets go over them shall we?

#PCMASTERRACE

1. The game still works!
2. Can't argue. That's why I'm waiting to get a gaming PC to get Sonic Generations.
3. THE GAME STILL WORKS! PC PORTS OF GAMES OFTEN DON'T WORK AT ALL!
4. AAA market does the EXACT SAME THING on PCs! The only reason they don't on Steam is that Valve doesn't let them (Valve is the only non-indie primarily PC company that I approve of)
5. PS4, Wii U, 3DS, X360, and the Classics are still great.

My 5 reasons why I like CONSOLES better:
1. When you have a game that comes out on console first with a PC version not being worked on, the PC version is most likely a glitchy P.O.S. unless it was ported from the Original Xbox.
2. Operating Systems. To someone not as tech savvy as you and I, they could get an option between Ubuntu, Mac OS X, Windows, or Chrome OS, and pick Chrome OS for their gaming PC. PC gaming REQUIRES tech know-how in more ways than one, whereas Console, you don't need any know how, just plug the wires, put in the and play!
3. Not everyone can upgrade their hardware (my rig is basically a Legacy PC running Windows 7, except it has 3 GB of Ram.) I've had it since 2005, it still has the Windows XP sticker on it, not because I want this as my main PC, because I don't have the money.
4. Origin. Nuff' Said. On PC, sure most choose to use Steam, but not all. Many developers may make their own crappy client (or use Origin) instead of using the only good one.
5. Most genres (in my opinion) are simply designed for console. The only exceptions I can think of are Skyrim-style RPGs, Point and Click games, First-Person Games, Simulators, and MMORPGs. If those are the only kinds of games you play, PC is for you. But I play JRPGs, Platformers,and 2D Shooters, but the only kinds of games I play on that list are FP-games and Simulators.

I'm not gonna lie, if I made my own game, it would start on PC because PC is open, but I don't think PC is better.

PEE CEE GAYMING MUSTARD RACK - brainiac3397 - 03-13-2014 09:08 AM

1 reason PC is God:
UNLIMITED POWWAAAA
(via access to a command console/shell console/dev console or whatever you might call it)

RE: PEE CEE GAYMING MUSTARD RACK - (´・ω・`) - 03-13-2014 09:44 PM

(03-12-2014 11:43 AM)kfcnyancat Wrote:  

#PCMASTERRACE

1. The game still works!
2. Can't argue. That's why I'm waiting to get a gaming PC to get Sonic Generations.
3. THE GAME STILL WORKS! PC PORTS OF GAMES OFTEN DON'T WORK AT ALL!
4. AAA market does the EXACT SAME THING on PCs! The only reason they don't on Steam is that Valve doesn't let them (Valve is the only non-indie primarily PC company that I approve of)
5. PS4, Wii U, 3DS, X360, and the Classics are still great.

My 5 reasons why I like CONSOLES better:
1. When you have a game that comes out on console first with a PC version not being worked on, the PC version is most likely a glitchy P.O.S. unless it was ported from the Original Xbox.
2. Operating Systems. To someone not as tech savvy as you and I, they could get an option between Ubuntu, Mac OS X, Windows, or Chrome OS, and pick Chrome OS for their gaming PC. PC gaming REQUIRES tech know-how in more ways than one, whereas Console, you don't need any know how, just plug the wires, put in the and play!
3. Not everyone can upgrade their hardware (my rig is basically a Legacy PC running Windows 7, except it has 3 GB of Ram.) I've had it since 2005, it still has the Windows XP sticker on it, not because I want this as my main PC, because I don't have the money.
4. Origin. Nuff' Said. On PC, sure most choose to use Steam, but not all. Many developers may make their own crappy client (or use Origin) instead of using the only good one.
5. Most genres (in my opinion) are simply designed for console. The only exceptions I can think of are Skyrim-style RPGs, Point and Click games, First-Person Games, Simulators, and MMORPGs. If those are the only kinds of games you play, PC is for you. But I play JRPGs, Platformers,and 2D Shooters, but the only kinds of games I play on that list are FP-games and Simulators.

I'm not gonna lie, if I made my own game, it would start on PC because PC is open, but I don't think PC is better.

Because I feel the need to reply to kfcnyancat, I might as well start now, point by point.

1. True. Most console developers don't give a rats ass about PC, and so unless you know what you're getting beforehand, 9 times out of 10 you'll end up with a bad port. Same applies with arcade to console ports by the way, so it isn't just a PC issue.

2. Also true. But I suppose the main counter balance to that would be to just emulate every game you want to play, but that can have it's own problems. But you can't really beat the out-of-the-box experience of consoles or arcade PCBs, thats for certain.

3. True. But again, as long as you don't want to play recent AAA titles that are likely to tax your system, it's irrelevant. I get by just fine with a Core 2 Duo, 3GB of RAM, and an Intel GMA X3100.

4. I think KFC stated it perfectly here. Steam is the only way to go for digital distribution on PC, and that is a fact.

5. True enough that JRPGs and platformers are designed for consoles, but I'd go out on a limb here and say that 2D shooters are designed for the arcades rather than consoles. So yeah, this has been my two cents on the issue.

And KFC, if you want any game recommendations from me, just send a PM, and I'll try my best to provide you with obscure gold.

RE: PEE CEE GAYMING MUSTARD RACK - gore goroth - 03-14-2014 01:27 AM

>origin

Brings me back to the point about pirate bay. EA is shit and everything they make nowdays is shit. PC users at least have the choice to not give EA more money.

RE: PEE CEE GAYMING MUSTARD RACK - KFC Nyan Cat - 04-12-2014 11:47 PM

(03-14-2014 01:27 AM)gore goroth Wrote:  >origin

Brings me back to the point about pirate bay. EA is shit and everything they make nowdays is shit. PC users at least have the choice to not give EA more money.
So do console users. Besides, EA's games suck no matter what platform you play them on.
/neccesarynecro

RE: PEE CEE GAYMING MUSTARD RACK - James Comey - 04-13-2014 07:32 AM

#PCMASTERRACE

Eh, I'll dissect this, for the fun of it.

1. True. However, games like GTA V have been able to make the absolute most of such old hardware. The reason is because of that: it's a port. Obviously not a lot of dedication is going to it. Oh, and graphics can vary massively by PC.
2. Modding is a huge advantage indeed. Theoretically, console games can be modded, but it takes a lot of effort (there are plenty of videos showing modded GTAs on consoles, for example) and can screw up the game. So yeah, PC wins big here.
3. Money
4. Gamefly?
5. Not gonna get into next-gen consoles

And in all honestly.... I prefer sitting on my couch and playing the game on a nice screen. I don't know, I'm just used to console gaming more.... but that's the whole damn thing: preference.

PEE CEE GAYMING MUSTARD RACK - 1312 - 04-13-2014 08:02 AM

I love my Great PC, but I'd still like to lend a PS3 to play Skate and a few other exclusives, and maybe I'll buy PS4, but I don't really care for games that are out on it right now, so I'm fine with my Great PC. Smile

I don't like Xbox and Xbone, because it has no games I'd like to play.

PEE CEE GAYMING MUSTARD RACK - brainiac3397 - 04-13-2014 09:06 AM

Quote:4.Gamefly?
Nope. PC still wins. AR MATEY DA PEE CEE BOOTY BE AT THE BAY O' PIRATES ARGH! Pirate

PEE CEE GAYMING MUSTARD RACK - Chanku - 04-13-2014 10:32 AM

gamefly has a PC game thing I think.