School Survival Forums
Goodbye Summer - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Goodbye Summer (/showthread.php?tid=31923)

Goodbye Summer - Roboka - 03-10-2014 11:34 AM

I don't even know what to FREAKING say. A while ago in math class, our math teacher said that we need to improve our grades to "compete" with other countries. Yeah, cause life is a giant competition, RIGHT? Anyways, along with other bullshit, he said that kids somehow still aren't getting enough time to learn, and that they will probably take away summer break in the near future. What the hell. Are they losing their freaking minds?! Do they have a clue what will happen? If anything, our grades will drop, and they'll have a year of work to make up because every kid failed. What really ticks me off is they constantly blame video games, unhealthy foods, and other things when they can't even get the fact that 7 pound backpacks cause kids to give up and not even try to learn. I mean, they try to make school lunch foods healthier, when half the kids don't get ANY exercise at school whatsoever. There's no recess at my school, and by the time I get home my brain is too overloaded to even step outside. Then there's homework. And if kids are in other sports or activities that happen after school, they're in danger because of their grades. THEIR GRADES. They can get taken off a sport they love because they have given up on learning and being judged by intelligence. I don't care how smart you are, if you are doing a sport you really love and are good at it, you should be able to stay on. But, anyway, I guess we just have to wait. Maybe if they take away summer they'll realize that kids NEED breaks. Just hang on, everyone, cause if this does happen, it's gonna be in a history book.

Goodbye Summer - brainiac3397 - 03-10-2014 11:40 AM

Yeck. You're math teacher is a dumb-ass. Schools are run by imbeciles and all these countries concerned about "competing" with other nations are ruled by stupid fools.

At least I won't feel bothered when I subjugate the planet and exile these fools.

Goodbye Summer - James Comey - 03-10-2014 11:42 AM

Roboka, what country are you from? Spring is about to start in the Northern Hempishere.

I really don't understand how school and learning has been made into a competition. It's as if they try to apply the idea of competition in capitalism to school, thinking that somehow, something that applies well in an economic system will surely apply well in the educational system. I feel competition at school drives people apart rather than create meaningful learning experiences.

Take away summer break? Okay, this sounds freaking inhumane. And yeah, it really gets on my nerves when video games and junk food get the blame. I find video games to be popular because they're essentially the modern day equivalent of blowing off steam. Not to mention school eats up so much time, and we really aren't getting enough exercise in school.

RE: Goodbye Summer - craxyguy562 - 03-10-2014 11:44 AM

You have no idea how much of my life is hogged by school.

Goodbye Summer - James Comey - 03-10-2014 11:45 AM

^A lot of us on here, really.

RE: Goodbye Summer - Vinsanity35 - 03-11-2014 04:00 AM

Usually its the math teacher who's the school smart idiot, at least at my school