School Survival Forums
Any vegetarians out there? - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Food & Cooking (/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Thread: Any vegetarians out there? (/showthread.php?tid=31817)

Any vegetarians out there? - Miab419 - 03-06-2014 04:32 PM

I've eaten meat most of my life, but I'm afraid that with a more sedentary lifestyle, all that extra fat and protein will be harmful later on. I would like to make an effort to eat a more vegetarian/fruit based diet. Anyone got any nutritious diets? Or has anyone had trouble with malnutrition pursuing a vegetarian diet? What about any vegetarian athletes out there?

Any vegetarians out there? - brainiac3397 - 03-06-2014 04:58 PM

I eat meat. I big man. Big man need big meat for big things. Big is good meat. Meat is good...
Biggrin

RE: Any vegetarians out there? - Miab419 - 03-06-2014 05:01 PM

The only time I don't eat meat is when I'm at school, it's all fast food... I finish off leftover BBQs when I'm at home

RE: Any vegetarians out there? - xcriteria - 03-06-2014 06:06 PM

I eat a mostly vegetarian diet, mostly because I just prefer it.

The biggest problem with malnutrition comes from not eating enough, and not eating the right mix of things can be a problem as well.

RE: Any vegetarians out there? - Miab419 - 03-06-2014 06:40 PM

Yeah, from what I've heard, malnutrition of proteins and B-complex vitamins, typically found in animal meat

RE: Any vegetarians out there? - Miab419 - 03-06-2014 06:44 PM

Which is what kind of deterred me from the possibility of such a diet... I was just wondering if anyone had personal recommendations.

RE: Any vegetarians out there? - brainiac3397 - 03-07-2014 03:24 AM

You can get a healthy diet from vegetarian style. There vegetables with protein or something.

Oils can give you the fat(like olive oil)

Any vegetarians out there? - Stadium - 03-07-2014 03:43 AM

I was vegan for quite a few months, I felt healthier than I ever had in my entire life. I would recommend it.

RE: Any vegetarians out there? - Miab419 - 03-07-2014 04:54 AM

There are some nutrients that are supposedly exclusive to meat.

Any vegetarians out there? - SoulRiser - 03-07-2014 06:09 AM

I like meat, so I will continue to eat it. However, eating large amounts of protein has a side effect of making me really lazy and lethargic... I think.

Anyway, look up different things. I've heard good things about the Paleo diet (not vegetarian at all, but it focuses on healthy stuff, you can probably just leave out the meat if you want...)

Maybe rather than cut out meat completely, just eat less of it, and add more salad? It's not just meat, though... if you're concerned about getting fat, stuff rich in carbs can be bad too, or even worse (potato, pasta, bread, etc). I'm trying to cut back on that... but it's hard to avoid such delicious things... Razz

Any vegetarians out there? - brainiac3397 - 03-07-2014 06:33 AM

Lots of Turkish food have meat...

Any vegetarians out there? - Alistoriv - 03-07-2014 06:43 AM

I have sandwich meats at lunch but I eat vegetarian breakfasts and mostly vegan dinners.
I've been thinking of not eating meat at all for a while but then it would be harder for me to get lunch :/

RE: Any vegetarians out there? - xcriteria - 03-07-2014 06:53 AM

Multivitamins can provide some of those missing nutrients.

It's worth noting that a meat-heavy diet doesn't necessarily include the best mix of nutrients, either... it depends on your overall intake of food.