School Survival Forums
White lies - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: White lies (/showthread.php?tid=31305)

White lies - Rusty Shackleford - 01-25-2014 02:26 AM

Hello my fellow School Survivalists,

today I have a question for you: what is your most used 'white lie'? A harmless lie that you use to duck and weave out of situations that you don't want to be in.

I ask you this question, because I want to dodge an upcoming event, and can't think of a good excuse. To prove that I am not only a scumbag for trying to dodge this event, I am asking you for help in finding an excuse.

White lies - brainiac3397 - 01-25-2014 03:27 AM

Considering the fact the first part of my title is "Machiavellian", you can guess I probably have a load of white, grey and black lies in my arsenal.

((Though just to point out that I've found it very difficult to really describe myself due to consistent contradictions, at least through use of current language. Maybe one day we'll have a word for it...or even telepathically communicate it. Till then, it's all oxymorons))

RE: White lies - Rusty Shackleford - 01-25-2014 03:29 AM

(01-25-2014 03:27 AM)brainiac3397 Wrote:  Considering the fact the first part of my title is "Machiavellian", you can guess I probably have a load of white, grey and black lies in my arsenal.

((Though just to point out that I've found it very difficult to really describe myself due to consistent contradictions, at least through use of current language. Maybe one day we'll have a word for it...or even telepathically communicate it. Till then, it's all oxymorons))
Oxymorons are good, I'm taking any lie you've got.

White lies - 154bmag - 01-25-2014 04:26 AM

A couple of my friends have called me "Hogan" reference to Hogan's Heroes, how they always come up with convincing lies. The excuses I make to my teachers & parents are at least believable lies.

White lies - brainiac3397 - 01-25-2014 04:38 AM

Dont go for anything serious. You say "My X died", and you'll be a tight spot when someone asks you a week or even a month from that day about how X is, and you have completely forgotten the fact you had killed someone off in a lie.

Stick to the working lie of "feeling sick". Vomit if you have to provide some substance to it. Then recall a nonexistent memory of a time you could have gotten sick "Maybe I shouldn't have drank that milk, or eaten that odd tasting cracker".

It's hard for people to disprove such a lie unless they intend to run a series of medical tests on you...

RE: White lies - James Comey - 01-27-2014 07:16 AM

Back in middle school I'd fake illnesses, because middle school was fucking hell.

White lies - James Comey - 01-27-2014 09:11 AM

Who doesn't? Honestly, there are days where I don't have any kind of motivation to go to school, or I just simply don't feel like going there. I mean, that's every day, but there are those particular days your mind really just doesn't want to do it, so I just fake an illness. According to school and the government, that's not okay, but according to human nature, that's perfectly reasonable. I have my own time, I have my own life.

White lies - Ky - 01-27-2014 09:27 AM

My parents get the brunt of my white lies, and sometimes I'm almost sorry I have to stretch the truth so often.

"Yes, I did do my homework."
"My performance in this class is improving."
"I'm trying for an 'A'. I'm not trying to coast."
"I feel bad about getting this grade. It isn't enough that I passed."

And my most common one:
"I'm feeling fine."

White lies - Gwedin - 01-27-2014 09:29 AM

(01-27-2014 09:11 AM)Hansgrohe Wrote:  Who doesn't?

Me. Razz Even back in middle school I wouldn't fake being sick (of course I didn't really need to as I was off school half the time anyway for a variety of illnesses).

Plus, these days if I want a day off school, I just tell my mother I'm not going. She's pretty chilled and just calls into the school saying I've got a migraine or whatever.

Fuck da system my mummy's awesome.

RE: White lies - Ky - 01-27-2014 09:31 AM

(01-27-2014 09:29 AM)Gwedin Wrote:  
(01-27-2014 09:11 AM)Hansgrohe Wrote:  Who doesn't?

Me. Razz Even back in middle school I wouldn't fake being sick (of course I didn't really need to as I was off school half the time anyway for a variety of illnesses).

Plus, these days if I want a day off school, I just tell my mother I'm not going. She's pretty chilled and just calls into the school saying I've got a migraine or whatever.

Fuck da system my mummy's awesome.

I did the opposite - I would pretend I wasn't sick so that I wouldn't miss anything. I was such a fool...

White lies - Chanku - 01-27-2014 09:43 AM

My white lies, "I'm fine." "I've done my homework.", "Nothing happened." I once tried faking sick, heck I even made myself throw up(because unless I have a fever, or throw up, then my dad will make me go...), although my dad didn't notice when I did that....I probably won't try that ever again......bleh....

RE: White lies - brainiac3397 - 01-27-2014 11:54 AM

Faking sick for school never really worked. Why? because first, It would be to be convincingly bad enough that my mother didnt simply give me some pills and say "Go to school, you'll feel better soon" and second, if I did stay home for being sick, I was generally confined to bed. If I dared to use a computer or watch TV, She'd automatically believe me not to be sick.(though the times I was actually sick it had less of this reaction).

Ever try laying in a bed to "rest" when you're body is starting to become sore from laying in bed so dakn long(including your sleep).

White lies - SoulRiser - 01-28-2014 03:47 AM

Why can't you tell the truth in this particular case? I think lies should only be used when there is a threat of serious harm to yourself and/or your sanity if you tell the truth.

That said, I lied a shitload back in the day.

What kind of event is it?

White lies - brainiac3397 - 01-28-2014 07:27 AM

Sometimes I did tell the truth, by saying I just wanted a break for a day(though I'd still lie about what's going on in my classes for that day, or downplay them).

It didn't always work, but at least I wasn't confined to the bed...

White lies - Feraligatr - 03-17-2014 04:27 AM

"I'm fine."