School Survival Forums
Status of my emotion during winter break - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Status of my emotion during winter break (/showthread.php?tid=30342)

Status of my emotion during winter break - WhatEvenIsThis - 12-26-2013 10:47 AM

[Retracted]

Status of my emotion during winter break - James Comey - 12-26-2013 11:21 AM

Holy shit, those must have been some terrible dreams.

I agree with you about dreams about school. They're the absolute worst. They're always a re-occuring theme during your break, and you kinda wish they'd just go away.

RE: Status of my emotion during winter break - KFC Nyan Cat - 12-29-2013 08:07 AM

(12-26-2013 10:47 AM)Ferigeras Wrote:  because I do not deserve happiness...
Shut up and stop being wrong about yourself. School is just getting into your head and making you feel bad about yourself because they have a way of doing that. I don't completely get it myself, yet I know it exists. EVERYONE deserves happiness (except those who take happiness.) School is just a roadblock to that.

(Sorry if the 1st sentence is insensitive, but I don't really understand this kind of thing that well.)

RE: Status of my emotion during winter break - James Comey - 12-29-2013 10:13 AM

You seem very, very, angry. I can understand that, because I am in school, just like you are in school. I hate the standardized testing, I hate the feeling that I am wasting a lot of time, I hate it. I can see where you're coming from.

I used to have that same anger as well, like the self-shame because of some stupid number on a piece of paper, and seeing my school make us go to stupid assemblies and force us to "honor" those with better grades.... but I've actually found a way to coast through school.

First off, it's important to become apathetic about school. You need to stop caring about it so much. It's really hard to do at first because you have to go there every day, but you need to find a hobby. Eventually, you'll focus more on that hobby than on school. Second, here's something I suggest, and it's an easy way to deal with homework. When you're using your computer, put your homework right next to you. When you're done with your session, you'll see your homework. You might not have anything else to do, so you might say, "might as well do my homework!". It helps get rid of that awful procrastination.

I'd also suggest writing a personal journal, and perhaps satirizing the day as well. It's always good to make a joke out of a serious situation.

Status of my emotion during winter break - Ky - 12-30-2013 03:56 AM

You feel best when you are forgotten and neglected?

That's not a curse. That's a gift. Abuse the heck out of it.

RE: Status of my emotion during winter break - Ky - 12-30-2013 07:12 AM

(12-30-2013 05:46 AM)Ferigeras Wrote:  
(12-30-2013 03:56 AM)DoA Wrote:  You feel best when you are forgotten and neglected?

That's not a curse. That's a gift. Abuse the heck out of it.

I never said that it was a curse (I think), I just think... nothing, I think absolutely nothing of it, it is just a weird trait of mine, and I take it realistically.
Now that you mention that... alrighty then.

I'm serious that you can treat that as a strength, though. Theoretically this trait would make you one of the lowest-maintenance people on the planet, and would give you a great deal of self-sufficiency. This is personal independence I can only dream of.