School Survival Forums
Hello out there! - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Sticky (/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Forum: Welcome! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Hello out there! (/showthread.php?tid=2553)

Hello out there! - Spades - 11-21-2010 08:45 AM

Hey everyone, I'm Spades!

I just spent the last five hours writing this ridiculous paper for civics class and I googled, "I hate school" And well here I am. This place seems awesome, all of you actually care about things other than drinking and partying and it feels really awesome to see that I'm not the only person like that. I'm 16 and I really love writing and reading poetry, I want to be a starving poet one day but my friends and parents kind of think its stupid.

This forum thing feels really weird to me, I'm not sure what type of person reads and participates in a forum so I'm kinda intimidated. Be Gentle!!!

Re: Hello out there! - Raikuron - 11-21-2010 08:48 AM

The G in Gentle shouldn't be capitalized. And you only need one exclamation point.

Onto business, you came in at a bad time, a mod went crazy yet again and deleted a lot, so a backup had to be restored.

Re: Hello out there! - Spades - 11-21-2010 08:52 AM

I'm not sure exactly what that means. But I do think everything happens for a reason, maybe it's for the best? And I'm sorry about the G, I'll try to be better about grammar.

Re: Hello out there! - Vatman - 11-21-2010 08:57 AM

Welcome to the maddness!

I happen to adore poetry as well; don't ever let anyone deny something you are passionate about. Denying passion would be akin to murder if the world were mine.

Also, don't stress out about grammar, its not particularly important. Also in the manor you used "Be Gentle" you weren't really wrong. Its the same grammatical exception that applies to phrases like "Happy Birthday".

Re: Hello out there! - Cilaos - 11-21-2010 08:59 AM

It just means that the forum may be a little rough right now, don't worry about it though, it'll be fine.

And for grammar, as long as it's readable and d0e$NoT lUoK l1eK D1$, nobody except RIKRON cares, he's just a grammar natzi.

Anyhow, welcome, I am Uncle Zherny, resident sick fuck, pleased to meetcha.

Edit, Vatman ninja'd me.

Re: Hello out there! - SoulRiser - 11-21-2010 09:04 AM

Hi there Spades Smile

We're all a bit insane over here, but don't let that scare you off. Razz

You could probably make a website about poetry, and make some $$ that way. Random thought.

Re: Hello out there! - Spades - 11-21-2010 09:21 AM

Thanks for the greetings guys! I don't mind the insanity whatsoever! I'm overusing exclamation points!!!!!!

Also making a website for poetry would be really awesome but hundreds already exist!!!!

Re: Hello out there! - magikarp - 11-21-2010 09:24 AM

Spades Wrote:...all of you actually care about things other than drinking and partying...
I don't. I think hedonism is a pretty reasonable idea.

But anyway, enjoy yourself.

Re: Hello out there! - Spades - 11-21-2010 09:30 AM

Hey!!!

I'm all for doing things that make you happy, I just feel like people who only drink and party are doing it to get away from themselves. They never end up with a real personality, its just that hollow shell of drunken stories.

Re: Hello out there! - Raikuron - 11-21-2010 09:31 AM

Spades Wrote:hollow shell of drunken stories.

It's not like reality is much better.

Re: Hello out there! - The Desert Fox - 11-21-2010 10:06 AM

Raikuron Wrote:The G in Gentle shouldn't be capitalized. And you only need one exclamation point.
Why aren't you banned from this forum yet?

Also, welcome to SS. Enjoy your stay.

Re: Hello out there! - Leon Kinotolian - 11-21-2010 04:15 PM

Welcome to SS, Spades. I am Randomcat, shatterer of worlds, purveyor of randomness, and I hunger for flesh. Ignore RIKRON (aka Raikuron)'s grammar nazism, tendency to scare off new people, and general "I am superior to you" attitude, and you should be fine. Here's to a pleasant stay.

Re: Hello out there! - MorikoMisa - 11-22-2010 01:04 AM

Heya Spades~ I'm Moriko, resident Lesbian white knight, future owner of this site, musical addict and creator of The Chair. If Raikuron hassles you about grammar or spelling just ignore him as he does so to everyone, if you wish to piss him off you can refere to him as RIKRON. Hope you stick around~

Re: Hello out there! - Spades - 11-22-2010 08:01 AM

Hey! I like the titles guys, did ya know you can buy english titles online? Sorry random. Anyway I hope I do end up staying awhile as well!!

Re: Hello out there! - CrayolaColours - 11-22-2010 12:44 PM

Hey Smile I love your name. It reminds me of Alice, so it makes me happy.

Seriously, ignore Raikuron. Everyone here hates him and doesn't represent us at all. He just WONT. LEAVE. lol

I know what you mean. I've drank a total of once in my life (16 as well). While it's nice, I think over doing it is just bad. Like you said, you don't have real personal memories. It's just shit you did when drunk. On occasion, it's fun, but it looses it's glamor if you go out and party every friday.

Anyway, I know where you're coming from. I want to be a starving artist when I get older. (More or less freelance shit, unless I land an EPIC job somewhere)

Anyway, hope you stay around Biggrin

Re: Hello out there! - SoulRiser - 11-22-2010 11:59 PM

I find it lulzy how most welcome threads end up talking more about Raikuron than they do about the new person who just joined. Cuckoo

Yeah, there's probably loads of poetry sites. So what? If yours is better than theirs, you will win. Razz

Re: Hello out there! - Spades - 11-23-2010 09:56 AM

Thanks CrayolaColours! I like your name as well, especially the fact that you added the "u" to colour. I feel like the whole bohemian lifestyle isn't really attainable in this day and age. And Soulriser, I don't really know how to make a website; I'm really bad with computers. Maybe I should start learning though, you definitely have motivated me.