School Survival Forums
Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos (/showthread.php?tid=22124)

Pages: 1 2

Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - aaaaaaasd - 10-13-2011 08:29 AM

[Image: 1012-hacker-fbi-bn-01.jpg]
Pic related: the hacker at work
Quote:Florida, USA (TMZ) - Indictment in Nude Hacking Case
50 Victims Include
Christina Aguilera, Scarlett Johansson, Mila Kunis

The FBI just released the grand jury indictment of a man who allegedly hacked into the email accounts of 50 victims, including dozens of celebrities.

The indictment was issued against 35-year-old Christopher Chaney of Jacksonville, Florida. He was arrested this morning by FBI agents, on charges of identity theft, wiretapping and other charges.

According to federal officials, Chaney would use public information to access email accounts of his alleged victims, and then access computers and cell phones under the control of his victims.

Some of the alleged victims include Christina Aguilera, Scarlett Johansson, Mila Kunis, and celebrity stylist Simone Harouche. Some of the ill-gotten materials included naked photos.

As TMZ first reported, law enforcement sources tell us Chaney allegedly acted alone, and got no money for his alleged misdeeds -- rather, he did it for the thrill.

Chaney faces 121 years in federal prison if convicted on all counts.

How much do you reckon this guy would have got if he hacked in to the accounts of normal people? Not 121 fucking years, fuck celebrities, the day they all fucking die of anthrax is the day I'll be finally happy

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - HeartofShadows - 10-13-2011 08:31 AM

If this is real then yeah I think this is bullshit as well but I'm not surprised at this crappy Justice system we got.

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - Sunbourn - 10-13-2011 08:36 AM

(10-13-2011 08:29 AM)BaronVonStrangle Wrote:  [Image: 1012-hacker-fbi-bn-01.jpg]
Pic related: the hacker at work
Quote:Florida, USA (TMZ) - Indictment in Nude Hacking Case
50 Victims Include
Christina Aguilera, Scarlett Johansson, Mila Kunis

The FBI just released the grand jury indictment of a man who allegedly hacked into the email accounts of 50 victims, including dozens of celebrities.

The indictment was issued against 35-year-old Christopher Chaney of Jacksonville, Florida. He was arrested this morning by FBI agents, on charges of identity theft, wiretapping and other charges.

According to federal officials, Chaney would use public information to access email accounts of his alleged victims, and then access computers and cell phones under the control of his victims.

Some of the alleged victims include Christina Aguilera, Scarlett Johansson, Mila Kunis, and celebrity stylist Simone Harouche. Some of the ill-gotten materials included naked photos.

As TMZ first reported, law enforcement sources tell us Chaney allegedly acted alone, and got no money for his alleged misdeeds -- rather, he did it for the thrill.

Chaney faces 121 years in federal prison if convicted on all counts.

How much do you reckon this guy would have got if he hacked in to the accounts of normal people? Not 121 fucking years, fuck celebrities, the day they all fucking die of anthrax is the day I'll be finally happy
Well, actually no. The maximum penalty for the number of counts he is facing would be the same regardless. There isn't a separate charge for somebody who breaks in to a celebrities email account rather than somebody who is not.

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - Absnt - 10-13-2011 10:21 AM

Sure, but I assure you they wouldn't of gotten the maximum sentence if they did it to average joes... I got picked up by the cops for something similar one time, and I got off without even facing a charge. (My buddy got community service, though...)

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - Sunbourn - 10-13-2011 11:06 AM

(10-13-2011 10:21 AM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  Sure, but I assure you they wouldn't of gotten the maximum sentence if they did it to average joes... I got picked up by the cops for something similar one time, and I got off without even facing a charge. (My buddy got community service, though...)
He hasn't even been found guilty yet. Quit counting your chickens before you hatch.

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - LOON_ATTIC - 10-13-2011 12:00 PM

The punishment seems a bit draconian though :\

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - UnschoolShqiponjë - 10-13-2011 03:00 PM

I thought that a punishment couldn't be unreasonable as per the constitution?

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - LOON_ATTIC - 10-13-2011 03:01 PM

(10-13-2011 03:00 PM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  I thought that a punishment couldn't be unreasonable as per the constitution?

THIS

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - HeartofShadows - 10-13-2011 04:32 PM

(10-13-2011 03:00 PM)UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:  I thought that a punishment couldn't be unreasonable as per the constitution?

Ever since George bush wiped his ass with the constitution and said it doesn't matter I guess everybody just started following suit.

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - psychopath - 10-13-2011 04:35 PM

Anyone know how he actually did it? How did he get their passwords through "public information"?

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - Aya - 10-14-2011 05:13 AM

(10-13-2011 08:29 AM)BaronVonStrangle Wrote:  How much do you reckon this guy would have got if he hacked in to the accounts of normal people? Not 121 fucking years, fuck celebrities, the day they all fucking die of anthrax is the day I'll be finally happy

121/50 = 2.42 years per charge. That seems pretty reasonable to me, considering he probably broke federal wiretap laws to get at those emails.

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - UnschoolShqiponjë - 10-14-2011 05:42 AM

(10-14-2011 05:13 AM)Ayliana Wrote:  
(10-13-2011 08:29 AM)BaronVonStrangle Wrote:  How much do you reckon this guy would have got if he hacked in to the accounts of normal people? Not 121 fucking years, fuck celebrities, the day they all fucking die of anthrax is the day I'll be finally happy

121/50 = 2.42 years per charge. That seems pretty reasonable to me, considering he probably broke federal wiretap laws to get at those emails.

Life in prison for hacking emails is not reasonable.

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - Absnt - 10-14-2011 05:46 AM

For whoever asked, I'm pretty sure he never even hacked anything... He used public information to do it. In other words, he did what any reasonable hacker would do prior to actually hacking.

He got information on his targets, and used that information to fill in the security questions on the email, thus changing the password and gaining access... Not that hard.

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - aaaaaaasd - 10-14-2011 05:46 AM

The real question is where the shit are those Mila Kunis photos

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - SoulRiser - 10-14-2011 07:15 AM

... right, 121 years and he didn't even molest any children or kill anyone. Epic fail.

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - Phrozen_Soul - 10-14-2011 07:23 AM

If you don't want to go through the troubles of getting your knickers in a bunch over naked photos then DON'T PUT THE DAMN PHOTOS ON THE INTERNET.

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - HeartofShadows - 10-14-2011 07:26 AM

(10-14-2011 05:13 AM)Ayliana Wrote:  121/50 = 2.42 years per charge. That seems pretty reasonable to me, considering he probably broke federal wiretap laws to get at those emails.

You best be joking nigger.
Murderers get lighter sentences than that.

Phrozen_Soul: he should have used public internet access or something.

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - Night - 10-14-2011 11:27 AM

wait... 121 years? That shit confuses me when people get like 100 years in jail. wouldn't it be easier to just say life? Or do they keep the dead body in a cell rotting untill the sentence is over? Meh...

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - Phrozen_Soul - 10-14-2011 12:37 PM

Relevant I'm sure.

From the author Alexander Gordon Smith:

Quote:Were you trying to make a comment on the prison system?

Quote: Not intentionally. The thought of being convicted of a crime you didn't commit, and spending your life in jail, is absolutely terrifying. When I was writing the book, I wasn't attempting to make any political point or statement about the prison system in the UK or US. I wanted it to be a horror story, pure and simple. In fact, the biggest problem I thought readers would have with the book was believing that a teenager could be sentenced to life without possibility of parole. It was only after I'd finished Lockdown that I read an article about teenagers in the States who had suffered this exact fate-literally locked away for the rest of their lives. It is a tragic and distressing thought that, for some young people, there is no second chance. (of course, you can say the same about their victims...). I'm not sure if any of these individuals were wrongly convicted, but if so, I can't imagine a worse nightmare.
I don't think the prison system is perfect, I don't think there is as much focus on rehabilitation as there needs to be. And whilst real prisons aren't full of monsters and mutant dogs, they do all seem to be based on an atmosphere of terror and violence. But, like I say, I'm no expert on the matter and would never pretend to be. Part of what I wanted to show was that the label of "criminal" isn't so clean-cut as most people think. Alex is a criminal, he's not a nice guy to start with, but he's not a killer. It's only when he gets sent to Furnace that he is forced to commit the crimes he was accused of, and only then to stay alive. Alex changes so much during the course of the series, for better and for worse, and maybe that's the point - people can change, we need to help them change for the better before it's too late.

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - SoulRiser - 10-14-2011 10:53 PM

Where's that from? That sounds interesting.

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - Aya - 10-15-2011 03:09 AM

(10-14-2011 07:26 AM)HeartofShadows Wrote:  
(10-14-2011 05:13 AM)Ayliana Wrote:  121/50 = 2.42 years per charge. That seems pretty reasonable to me, considering he probably broke federal wiretap laws to get at those emails.

And they shouldn't. Anyone who kills another human being with intent and premeditation at the very least should never be allowed to see the light of day again. Their victim certainly won't, so why should they

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - .Manicrose. - 10-15-2011 11:06 AM

I love the Furnace books! Biggrin

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - LOON_ATTIC - 10-15-2011 11:11 AM

(10-15-2011 03:09 AM)Ayliana Wrote:  
(10-14-2011 07:26 AM)HeartofShadows Wrote:  

And they shouldn't. Anyone who kills another human being with intent and premeditation at the very least should never be allowed to see the light of day again. Their victim certainly won't, so why should they

Exactly, blah blah too black and white blah blah lines are gay, because I still think that murdering is worse than leaking pictures of 50 people who didn't secure their shit properly, and it's not like it's the end of the world for them, why the fuck should he be sentenced like that?

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - Phrozen_Soul - 10-15-2011 02:52 PM

(10-14-2011 10:53 PM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Where's that from? That sounds interesting.

On a Q/A with the author of the Escape from furnace series.

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - AWOL - 10-15-2011 02:55 PM

... This is hilarious.

Americans complain about Norway sentencing Behring Breivik with such a light term, despite Norway having one of, if not -the-, highest rate of prisoner rehabilitation.

Then, despite having one of the lowest prisoner rehabilitation rates, decide that "YUP, HUNDRED AND TWENTY, HERPADERPADERPA".

America needs to be invaded, sodomized and left for dead.

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - Absnt - 10-15-2011 02:58 PM

(10-15-2011 02:55 PM)AWOL Wrote:  America needs to be invaded, sodomized and left for dead.

Or we could just get new court justices seeing as how all of ours are fucking 10000 years old and are living in the fucking stone age or some trash. Plus, hacking laws are fucking absurd in this country. They're fucking retarded.

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - AWOL - 10-15-2011 03:00 PM

Your problems are spread a lot further than just the court system. I mean, just take a gander at Occupy Wall Street. Dumbfucks who don't understand money trying to use money they don't have, then being surprised when they end up bankrupt. Fucking 'tards.

But yes, that would help. Seriously, your prison system just needs a complete overhaul. Make prisoners feel like people, and they'll want to earn it. You treat them like prisoners, they'll want to earn that. See: All the countries that don't have a ridiculous repeat offence rate.

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - Absnt - 10-15-2011 03:06 PM

Agreed...

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - Efs - 10-17-2011 08:56 PM

121 years seems a bit much? I would've expected like 2 years MAXIMUM :\

RE: Man faces 121 years in jail for hacking celebrity photos - Liquid - 10-20-2011 08:48 AM

Technically he didn't do any hacking...

Our current justice system is not computer literate, it's like having deaf people judge a singing contest.