School Survival Forums
Isn't this a nice first post? - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Sticky (/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Forum: Welcome! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Isn't this a nice first post? (/showthread.php?tid=2171)

Isn't this a nice first post? - rosslebossserd - 12-28-2010 07:08 AM

So I'm sitting here in front of the computer screen, eating gluten-free chocolate chip cookies, and then I think to myself, "School-Survival dot net should really feel your not-so-formidable presence again. You're school-free now. Share your experiences with those fartknockers upstanding netizens." That's when I created my second account for this noble corner of the Interwebs. I won't reveal my first username simply because the slightest remembrance of the inactivity and the vacancy of posts that characterized that first shameful account is the bane of my existence. Redemption is bitterly longed for. I can barely see what I'm typing through these tear-filled eyes of mine. Please excuse me while I compose myself.

That's better. Now, about my current situation, which I will proceed to vaguely outline: I used to be public schooled for a long, long time. Somewhere down the line, my frustration of remaining in school reached its limit (although I must say that School Survival was instrumental in helping me keep fairly sane while I continued going to school). That's when I began to tirelessly (sometimes gently, mostly obstinately) bring up the idea of "homeschooling" with my parents. I succeeding in persuading them six months ago. Today I am school-free. I consider myself to be an autodidact, and I'll be taking the GED next year. My future is lookin' good. And I lived happily ever after.

Alright, story time's over. Thank you for reading my introductory thread. Perhaps I'll see you around?

Re: Isn't this a nice first post? - Faby - 12-28-2010 07:11 AM

IllusoryDeath?

If yes, I missed you a lot.

If no, hi, and welcome back.

Re: Isn't this a nice first post? - MorikoMisa - 12-28-2010 08:20 AM

Hi there?

Re: Isn't this a nice first post? - Sociopath - 12-28-2010 08:26 AM

Welcome.

Re: Isn't this a nice first post? - rosslebossserd - 12-29-2010 03:57 AM

Faby Wrote:IllusoryDeath?

If yes, I missed you a lot.

If no, hi, and welcome back.