School Survival Forums
Do they really think we're that stupid? - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: Learning, Youth Rights and School Survival (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: School Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Do they really think we're that stupid? (/showthread.php?tid=18796)

Pages: 1 2

Do they really think we're that stupid? - J4mz69 - 05-01-2007 12:02 PM

I got to a parochial school. I feel like one of the smartest people there (every1 is very smart) almost all the time. Yet our teachers INSIST on wasting time by giving us instructions like "you will find the text needed to answer the question in the text given to you on the paper" or "the vocabulary words are located in bold faced letters aswell as at the top of the page". WHAT THE HELL, no one is that stupid.. You don't need to explain shit over and over at the start of every class.
They say they are preparing us for the work force, yet I doubt our bosses will be waiting when we get there to explain step by step every thing we will be doing. Shit like that pisses me off so damn much..

- Eidolon - 05-01-2007 12:24 PM

They DO think we're stupid. Most of the stuff they're "teaching" at my school is stuff I already know. It makes me wroth.

- Alucard483 - 05-01-2007 12:36 PM

If that how they teach you then hand in your homework with awnsers like:
the answer of the above text is to be found below this statment.
The name of the undersigned is ...........
the answer text is located on the sheet of answer documentaion stapled to the sheet of question text.

- youvebeenthunderstruck - 05-01-2007 01:16 PM

i disagree. different people are used to different templates...

Re: Do they really think we're that stupid? - Doc Johnson - 05-02-2007 04:25 AM

J4mz69 Wrote:I got to a parochial school. I feel like one of the smartest people there (every1 is very smart) almost all the time. Yet our teachers INSIST on wasting time by giving us instructions like "you will find the text needed to answer the question in the text given to you on the paper" or "the vocabulary words are located in bold faced letters aswell as at the top of the page". WHAT THE HELL, no one is that stupid.. You don't need to explain shit over and over at the start of every class.
They say they are preparing us for the work force, yet I doubt our bosses will be waiting when we get there to explain step by step every thing we will be doing. Shit like that pisses me off so damn much..

I think you're right. And that kind of learning absolutely cripples you for college. I spend most of my semesters lamenting the fact that first and second year students need to be convinced that there is a difference between memorizing and regurgitating facts and actually learning something in a way that will prove useful to them in the future. All they want to know is whether or not it will appear on the exam. Wouldn't you suppose that people who want to be professionals in the field of communication would actually care about, oh say, communication?

- Dark Soul X - 05-02-2007 11:48 AM

You won't believe what my dad said. He said that if school was optional, he would still send me because "I need it". Bullshit.

- magikarp - 05-02-2007 11:53 AM

Dark Soul X Wrote:You won't believe what my dad said. He said that if school was optional, he would still send me because "I need it". Bullshit.
My mom said that too. I said I could teach myself better at home and she said I have to go, otherwise I'll never develop any "social skills". It seems logical to me that if it didn't work after 12 years, it'd be time to try something else, but apparently she doesn't agree.

- Dark Soul X - 05-02-2007 11:56 AM

fist_of_doom Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:You won't believe what my dad said. He said that if school was optional, he would still send me because "I need it". Bullshit.
My mom said that too. I said I could teach myself better at home and she said I have to go, otherwise I'll never develop any "social skills". It seems logical to me that if it didn't work after 12 years, it's be time to try something else, but apparantly she doesn't agree.
Parents just don't understand, and that's why I hate most of them.

- Cosbydaf - 05-02-2007 12:02 PM

It always seems to me when I have a problem with school, my parents always go out of their way to make things worse instead of better. Ya know, the whole screaming, yelling, blowing things out of proportion, the works.

They just about have a heart attack every time I get report cards, and they wonder why I lie to them about grades. I really don't them sometimes, it's like they just want to make problems where there are none.

NOTE TO PARENTS: Constantly bitching at somebody to do something is NOT helping.

- Dark Soul X - 05-02-2007 12:06 PM

Cosbydaf Wrote:It always seems to me when I have a problem with school, my parents always go out of their way to make things worse instead of better. Ya know, the whole screaming, yelling, blowing things out of proportion, the works.

They just about have a heart attack every time I get report cards, and they wonder why I lie to them about grades. I really don't them sometimes, it's like they just want to make problems where there are none.

NOTE TO PARENTS: Constantly bitching at somebody to do something is NOT helping.
They think it is. The bastards...punishing them will only make them hate you, and all that bullshit made me hate my own father.

- Abandoning Ship - 05-02-2007 12:06 PM

Most children are a lot smarter then their parents. It's kinda fucking funny how some parents are so sickeningly ignorant and just plain stupid. Rolleyes

- Dark Soul X - 05-02-2007 12:09 PM

TheATXKiller Wrote:Most children are a lot smarter then their parents. It's kinda fucking funny how some parents are so sickeningly ignorant and just plain stupid. Rolleyes
Parents never listen. That's what makes them SHIT DUMB.

- Cosbydaf - 05-02-2007 12:13 PM

Dark Soul X Wrote:
TheATXKiller Wrote:Most children are a lot smarter then their parents. It's kinda fucking funny how some parents are so sickeningly ignorant and just plain stupid. Rolleyes

I know, they just yell and yell, and it doesn't make a difference what you say, they're going just going to blame you anyway.
God forbid they listen to someone else's side of the story for once.

On a similar note, one thing that really pisses me off is how I'm treated like a phucking criminal because I don't do school work.

- Dark Soul X - 05-02-2007 12:17 PM

Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:

I know, they just yell and yell, and it doesn't make a difference what you say, they're going just going to blame you anyway.

On a similar note, one thing that really pisses me off is how I'm treated like a phucking criminal because I don't do school work.
They've been through it, yet they don't treat us like they should...

- Abandoning Ship - 05-02-2007 12:21 PM

Dark Soul X Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:

Exactly. I mean, if they hated being a teenager because their parents treated them badly, THEN WHY TREAT YOUR OWN FUCKING CHILDREN LIKE THAT AND PRACTICE THAT KIND OF CHILD RAISING?!

- Dark Soul X - 05-02-2007 12:23 PM

TheATXKiller Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:

Exactly. I mean, if they hated being a teenager because their parents treated them badly, THEN WHY TREAT YOUR OWN FUCKING CHILDREN LIKE THAT AND PRACTICE THAT KIND OF CHILD RAISING?!
It's fucking pointless.

- Cosbydaf - 05-02-2007 12:25 PM

TheATXKiller Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:

Maybe they just don't give a shit.

These days being a parent is looked upon like one of the worst things that can happen to anybody, so I'm not surprised by negative attitiude towarrds children.

- Dark Soul X - 05-02-2007 12:28 PM

Cosbydaf Wrote:
TheATXKiller Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:

These days being a parent is looked upon like one of the worst things that can happen to anybody, so I'm not surprised by negative attitiude towarrds children.

You know what, when I become a parent, I will never send my child to any public or even private school. I will homeschool them, and I will let my children learn what they want to learn. They will be able to choose their own ways of life (unless it is a life of being a prostitute, a killer, etc). This way, I know that they will be safe and unharmed (physically and mentally).

- Abandoning Ship - 05-02-2007 12:29 PM

Cosbydaf Wrote:
TheATXKiller Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:

So basically, people hate us because we're a pain?

- Dark Soul X - 05-02-2007 12:33 PM

TheATXKiller Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
TheATXKiller Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:

People hate us because they stereotype us.

Common Child and Teen Stereotypes

1. We're rude
2. We're stupid
3. We all do drugs
4. We're ungrateful
5. We show no respect towards anyone
6. We're immature
7. We always have unprotected sex
8. We all try to join gangs
9. We all have crappy jobs
10. We never dress properly
11. We're basically failures

Has enough been said?

- Abandoning Ship - 05-02-2007 12:35 PM

Dark Soul X Wrote:
TheATXKiller Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
TheATXKiller Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:

1. We're rude
2. We're stupid
3. We all do drugs
4. We're ungrateful
6. We're immature

Has enough been said?

Nonononononono, what I was thinking of is like..how being a prent is bad. I mean, babies keep you up all night, you need lots of money, you won't get much free time, you can't have much fun, etc etc.

- Dark Soul X - 05-02-2007 12:38 PM

TheATXKiller Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
TheATXKiller Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
TheATXKiller Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:

1. We're rude
2. We're stupid
3. We all do drugs
4. We're ungrateful
6. We're immature

Has enough been said?

Nonononononono, what I was thinking of is like..how being a prent is bad. I mean, babies keep you up all night, you need lots of money, you won't get much free time, you can't have much fun, etc etc.

Parenting is only hard for those who aren't ready for it.

- Cosbydaf - 05-02-2007 12:39 PM

Dark Soul X Wrote:
TheATXKiller Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
TheATXKiller Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:

1. We're rude
2. We're stupid
3. We all do drugs
4. We're ungrateful
6. We're immature

Has enough been said?

That seems to fit the bill.

And whenever those brainwashed school supporters say school supports individuality, it makes me want to vomit and punch them in the face.

A system that makes you obey orders and won't let you leave until they say so teaches individuality? Sounds more like the exact opposite to me!

- Dark Soul X - 05-02-2007 12:41 PM

Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
TheATXKiller Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
TheATXKiller Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:

1. We're rude
2. We're stupid
3. We all do drugs
4. We're ungrateful
6. We're immature

Has enough been said?

And whenever those brainwashed school supporters say school supports individuality, it makes me want to vomit and punch them in the face.

A system that makes you obey orders and won't let you leave until they say so teaches individuality? Sounds more like the exact opposite to me!

They are so clueless and narrow minded that it makes me sick. Damn this a big ass quote pyramid....

- Abandoning Ship - 05-02-2007 12:41 PM

Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
TheATXKiller Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
TheATXKiller Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:

1. We're rude
2. We're stupid
3. We all do drugs
4. We're ungrateful
6. We're immature

Has enough been said?

yeah...I was watching an Old WW2 film on schools a few days ago, but I couldn't understand it because it was narrated IN GERMAN.

- Dark Soul X - 05-02-2007 12:44 PM

TheATXKiller Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
TheATXKiller Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
TheATXKiller Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:
Cosbydaf Wrote:
Dark Soul X Wrote:

1. We're rude
2. We're stupid
3. We all do drugs
4. We're ungrateful
6. We're immature

Has enough been said?

yeah...I was watching an Old WW2 film on schools a few days ago, but I couldn't understand it because it was narrated IN GERMAN.

They probably think that if you listen to it, it "teaches" you German.

- Abandoning Ship - 05-02-2007 12:47 PM

Well whatever.
Bottem line: We're hated by parents who think that we're fucking stupid.

- Dark Soul X - 05-02-2007 12:48 PM

TheATXKiller Wrote:Well whatever.

...when it's a fact that they are the ones who are fucking stupid.

- Cosbydaf - 05-02-2007 12:56 PM

What makes me sad, is that most kids really are as stupid as school makes kids think they are.

But they've got it backwards, it's the kids who give up their mind and submit to school's mind raping who are the stupid ones, not the intelligent people who wish to be somewhere else, where they might do somehting that actually helps them in some way.

Hell, I might not be such a lazy slacker if I didn't have to live by school's retarded schedule all the time. It seems like I have to spend all my time doing "pointless" things to excess, cuz once the weekend's over, I'm not going to get a chance to accomplish anything I want until next weekend.

- Abandoning Ship - 05-02-2007 12:58 PM

Dark Soul X Wrote:
TheATXKiller Wrote:Well whatever.

...when it's a fact that they are the ones who are fucking stupid.

Exactly.