School Survival Forums
The Vent/Ranting Thread - Printable Version

+- School Survival Forums (http://forums.school-survival.net)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: The Vent/Ranting Thread (/showthread.php?tid=19336)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

- Oceanfall - 12-05-2007 05:21 AM

SoulRiser Wrote:Hmm. Also, do you tend to have large meals just before bed? Apparently that can prevent you from sleeping properly. I know school is most likely the biggest problem, just mentioning other stuff that might help a little too Smile

Large meals... hmm, do biscuits and tea count? Laugh
Usually I eat around 6 or 7 PM... of course I sometimes fall asleep right after dinner, but my "normal" sleep time is around 10-11 PM... unless I have schoolwork or am otherwise up later.

- HeartofShadows - 12-05-2007 05:40 AM

Biscuits and tea....... I thought you lived in china not england.. Laugh

- Oceanfall - 12-05-2007 05:50 AM

Heart of shadows Wrote:Biscuits and tea....... I thought you lived in china not england.. Laugh

Yeah, but funnily enough I've adopted some very stereotypically English characteristics... including the accent apparently. Which is strange considering I've only been to England twice. I do go to a British International School which might help explain that Razz
My girlfriend always says that sometimes when I get into a philosophical mood I'm like a female version of Giles (if you ever watched Buffy you'll know who I'm talking about) and that I start to speak like a ninety year old. Not sure whether to be insulted by that or not, but oh well Biggrin I guess I'm just a bit eccentric that way.

- HeartofShadows - 12-05-2007 07:40 AM

I got a rant!!!

Months ago my sister and mom bucked heads (It was mostly my sisters fault) over this boyfriend and my sister got sent to my dad. My dad hopes that she finish school and whatnot before trying to run off with this boyfriend who got her pregnant by the way with my niece. The boyfriend to put it simple is a wannabe nigga with 2 babies on 2 different girls (My sis and another girl) Who likes to spend money on stupid shit like cars and right now he and another guy are trying to pay for a 2000 a month condo and not to mention he has anger issues. My sister has been planning for a while to leave home and go with the boyfriend but she told my dad that she would graduate first but then my dad found out from a co worker who told the boss at my sisters job about her plan to leave in February without graduating (My sister has a big mouth and tells her shit to people who she doesn't need to tell) So my dad wants to send her back now for something that me and my mom has warned him about for 3 months.
Not only do I feel like he is dumping my sister on us again because she won't do shit his way because he is being a big baby (I'am pissed at him). But the real person I'am pissed off the most at is my sister because This wouldn't have happened if not for her big ass mouth. 1 month ago my sister told this girlfriend of hers something private and then the girl told her mom who worked with my mom and told her and so I already warned her about this and she won't fucking listen!!! Boy crazy idiot!!!!

My dad tells me that he will send money to take care of alana (My niece) because he doesn't trust my sister because she might give the money to the boyfriend. I mean he doesn't get along with my mom and he distrusts and is pretty much done with my sister.

So.............. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Omg

- Will - 12-05-2007 09:48 AM

Oceanfall Wrote:-I sleep too much overall, therefore wasting valuable time. And I ALWAYS feel tired.
I used to feel like that, but then I realized how stupid it was. The time is artificially limited because most of it is taken up by school, and this is the only thing that makes it valuable. If you're always tired, maybe you should sleep. Don't doctors often recommend that sick people stay in bed?

Unfortunately, you can't do that because you need to work so that you don't fail at life!

- Darthmat - 12-05-2007 10:14 AM

So will does failing at life=not complying to a structured life?

- Will - 12-05-2007 10:18 AM

darthmat Wrote:So will does failing at life=not complying to a structured life?
Could you not tell that I was being sarcastic?

- Darthmat - 12-05-2007 10:27 AM

could you not tell i was? Laugh

- Will - 12-05-2007 11:21 AM

darthmat Wrote:could you not tell i was? Laugh
I couldn't.

- Darthmat - 12-05-2007 11:35 AM

Obviously. :/

- Oceanfall - 12-05-2007 08:54 PM

Will Wrote:
Oceanfall Wrote:-I sleep too much overall, therefore wasting valuable time. And I ALWAYS feel tired.
I used to feel like that, but then I realized how stupid it was. The time is artificially limited because most of it is taken up by school, and this is the only thing that makes it valuable. If you're always tired, maybe you should sleep. Don't doctors often recommend that sick people stay in bed?

Unfortunately, you can't do that because you need to work so that you don't fail at life!

I suspect you're right, and I have realised this too... but sleeping too much (and therefore missing school on occasion) has consequences for me, since as long as I am under someone else's authority, I cannot truly be free... and yeah, therefore I need to complete my school work, whether I feel sick or not, or else I have to face the unpleasant consequences. I do not so much care what happens to me, as much as I care how it affects other people. I already have a very strained relationship with my father, and most of my friends (who simply do not understand me and my actions), and I'd rather not worsen this if I can avoid it. It hurts me more when I see other people hurt by my actions than if I am hurt by them directly.

- Will - 12-05-2007 10:23 PM

Oceanfall Wrote:
Will Wrote:

I suspect you're right, and I have realised this too... but sleeping too much (and therefore missing school on occasion) has consequences for me, since as long as I am under someone else's authority, I cannot truly be free... and yeah, therefore I need to complete my school work, whether I feel sick or not, or else I have to face the unpleasant consequences. I do not so much care what happens to me, as much as I care how it affects other people. I already have a very strained relationship with my father, and most of my friends (who simply do not understand me and my actions), and I'd rather not worsen this if I can avoid it. It hurts me more when I see other people hurt by my actions than if I am hurt by them directly.
I don't think your father beats you when you don't do your work, but this is not so much of an exaggeration as it seems at first: If someone beat you every day that you didn't do your homework, would you like him, and would you want to please him and to try to maintain the relationship with him? When would you stop caring? My father doesn't beat me; he just yells at me and gets really angry, but the fear that it creates must be similar to that that beating me would create.

- Oceanfall - 12-05-2007 11:30 PM

My father has a really explosive temper, so yeah, he does yell at me a lot, and has, on occasion, even physically struck me. But he always comes back and apologises when he does so, and I know how much stress he himself is under. His brother recently committed suicide, and his sister died in a coma a few months before that. He also continues to support my mother, both financially and emotionally, even though she has done some unforgivable things in her time. I have seen him break down into tears when he thought that no one was watching, and even though I feel like I hate him at times, I cannot bear to cause him any more pain. He honestly thinks that I am harming myself by acting as I do, and since he does care about me, it hurts him to see this. Maybe I am just too emotional, but I cannot forget all the sacrifices he has made for me, all the little things he has done for me, and all the times we had together, especially when I was younger. I just wish I could somehow make him understand that I am not trying to cause him pain, but that I am trying to avoid pain for myself... but every time I start to explain myself to him, he comes back to the same point, and so I'm stuck in a seemingly never-ending cycle which just appears to get worse and worse over time.

- SoulRiser - 12-06-2007 12:53 AM

Quote:I just wish I could somehow make him understand that I am not trying to cause him pain, but that I am trying to avoid pain for myself... but every time I start to explain myself to him, he comes back to the same point, and so I'm stuck in a seemingly never-ending cycle which just appears to get worse and worse over time.

Try writing it to him in a letter... you're pretty good at explaining yourself in writing, so as long as he reads the whole thing, it might get through to him.

- Happy Camper - 12-29-2007 03:32 PM

Ugh...it's almost impossible to keep my mouth shut on this matter, I swear. So we're all at the Grandma's house on my Mom's side of the family, sort of the magnet area for a family reunion around holidays. And every time in between I sort of forget about the matter but every time we get together again and I see it, I start to get furious.

I have this Aunt and Uncle...they have two little boys about two years apart. And the Mom is just one of the greatest most caring people I know, and sometimes the Dad is a good guy to have around...but more often than not he's just an explosive asshole around his kids. His patience is in short measure and while he's never violent with them, I really have to classify his actions as emotional abuse. I wasn't sure at first because my Mom was so gentle with us that at first I thought it might be an alternative parenting style. But different or not, he's not healthy and he doesn't treat his kids or his wife right! And all the cousins watch it, as well as all the other Aunts and Uncles but none of us say a goddamn thing! I mean I felt like I was hoarding his kids all day to try and keep them away from him. But even then they're kind of bratty and I can tell their behavior is because of how he treats them. It's just...ugh. No, I'm not the best person with kids. But I do have this intensely maternal side of me that just wants to rear its head and steal the kids out of his care and take them where nothing can hurt them.

I just...I hate that no one talks about it. And I hate that I can't say anything. Childhood development is crucial. You raise a kid to be spoiled, he'll be spoiled. You raise a kid to be scared, he'll be violent and paranoid. Doesn't anyone get that? There's this whole argument about nurture vs. nature and I'm willing to bet that nurture plays the larger part. I'm also willing to bet that the larger part of nurture is established before they even get to school! I just...ugh...

I'm done.

- i-am-the-liquor - 12-29-2007 03:39 PM

wow

- SoulRiser - 12-30-2007 01:22 AM

I hear way too many stories about shitty parents. I wanna go on a killing spree.

But I'll save that for Hellgate London Razz

- youvebeenthunderstruck - 12-30-2007 07:40 AM

Uhoh

- poopidoop2 - 12-30-2007 11:42 AM

you know what pissed me off in kindergarten, i got in trouble during Halloween because i was wearing a power-rangers suit, it had a fake gun grip out of a holster, it was attached and unable to be removed, and i got a detention and no recess, just because of that

- Cosbydaf - 12-30-2007 11:43 AM

poopidoop2 Wrote:you know what pissed me off in kindergarten, i got in trouble during Halloween because i was wearing a power-rangers suit, it had a fake gun grip out of a holster, it was attached and unable to be removed, and i got a detention and no recess, just because of that

Wow that sucks. In kindergarten, no less!

- i-am-the-liquor - 01-09-2008 10:22 AM

aggg i fucking hate people, outing me infront of the school, making fun of me,making up shit,stairing at me like im a peice of shit,FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- cryptevah72 - 01-10-2008 12:18 PM

ok, HC, why cant you saay anything? take a stand

i was making up a story with my friend, (during class, but we were paying attention) and the teacher (whos also happens to be the principal Uhoh ) came over, and took it, and READ it! she got all angry cuz it was offensive (but pretty funy) about our vice principal, and se showed it to the whole class (which hppens to be half the grade) and said that she was going to show our vice principal (in a really bitchy way, grr, i hate it when teachers have attitude) so then, on top of that, every one started a rumor that i was getting expelled!!! (i dont think i am...) an its so fuking annoying!!!!

- modest mouse - 01-10-2008 12:19 PM

therenagadeoffunk Wrote:aggg i fucking hate people, outing me infront of the school, making fun of me,making up shit,stairing at me like im a peice of shit,FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow.
Welcome to highschool.

- cryptevah72 - 01-10-2008 12:28 PM

hmm, i'll never go to highschool...weird....i guess im somewhat happy, but also sad and pissed, i'll be missing out on alot...

- Jackass McAwesome - 01-10-2008 02:59 PM

Fuck the government.

Fuck it hard up the ass and with a broom. Bristle side inward the ass. The government is a lying piece of crap. 9/11 was an inside job, and wasn't a work by terrorists. We're now at war because of this; people are dying at extreme rates in the Middle East; among those are our troops forced into Iraq by Bush, the same troops that'd rather die for our nation. If they knew why they were really in Iraq, would they want to continue dying?

- Bob Dole - 01-11-2008 08:42 AM

This isn't so much a rant as it is a bitchfest. Tomorrow I have to act in a play my theater class is putting on. We started preparing for this play on Monday. So we had a week to work. So far it looks DISMAL. The stagehands can't seem to do what they need to do, the vast majority of the actors can't remember their lines. I'm hiding behind a fucking table half the play whispering people their OWN lines. Lighting is FUBAR due to an assload of lights being broken. Plus, when people fuck up, they freeze, like a deer in fucking headlights. I do NOT want to end up ad libbing the entire play, like I did during today's little practice. Plus a number of the actors don't even know their cues. It's just so damn frustrating. I've got my shit together, but a lot of these people can't seem to at least carry their own weight. I play a guy named Fishbait who sits behind a table for half the play, runs around as a ghost in a bedsheet, then has one monologue, and a few other lines. I'm not a major character. I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SPEAKING HALF THE LINES OF THE ENTIRE PLAY.

- Darthmat - 01-11-2008 08:50 AM

Gah, that sucks.

- undergroundrevolutionary - 01-11-2008 01:15 PM

FUCK SCHOOL
FUCK THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT
AND FUCK THE ARMAGEDDON THATS BEEN SCRIPTED Mwahaha Shooting

- Darthmat - 01-11-2008 10:23 PM

Wolf on Mescaline Wrote:
darthmat Wrote:Are they worth fuckign teh retso f your life over?

Rest of your life?

If you kill a large amount of people, there's no other choice but to kill yourself, the "rest of your life" would be until the end of the killing spree.
How did I miss this?

Anyways, yes, that is true. Perhaps the better question is 'Are they worth fucking the rest of your possible life over?'

I hope you understood that. =/

- cryptevah72 - 01-12-2008 06:26 AM

agreed, wouldnt it be better to just screw them and put them out of ur mind? why do u need to care bout them? just ignore them..