RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heart of Shadows NaPo
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)
Heart of Shadows NaPo

The Bitter Season

I used to come here a lot but I lost my edge because I don't express my feelings as much but I'll try to come here more and be more honest.. Hope this attempt is somewhat decent..

The Bitter Season
The bitter season.. The worst times bestowed upon us.. Some pray to figments for better times while some obey others to survive , some change and turn into monsters to survive and destroy before they are destroyed and some die and are forgotten by the world as it covers them in shade but some become strong enough to march alone and try not to let the world destroy who they are or those they care for but sadly change is an impossible force to overcome and survival stands before the morals and happiness of its chosen. The world isn't some happy fairytale but there is hope..

Eventually the bitter season passes and those who survive can be happy and bask in the warm sun but sometimes the bitter season never passes and as time passes on those who are alive in turn fade away and in the end there is no one to ever remember them being there in the first place at all..

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
04-03-2009 03:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)
Re: Heart of Shadows NaPo

If you made them into lines I could critique. But I have absolutely no idea how to read that (aside from the obvious), at the moment it just seems like a short short story...

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
04-05-2009 09:49 AM
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

Given 28 thank(s) in 23 post(s)

火 Wrote:If you made them into lines I could critique. But I have absolutely no idea how to read that (aside from the obvious), at the moment it just seems like a short short story...

This.

" I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. " ~From the television show The Wonder Years
04-05-2009 09:51 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

heh Sorry short depressing stories are my thing it seems..

I figured napo ment writing.. No

What can I say..

I'm a fail writer..

image hosting jpg
04-07-2009 07:06 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

The human horde is shit
it makes me ill
especially in quantity
while gulping still.

isn't there anywhere to breath?
Lungs on fire tearing at me like a knife.
why do you come close to me?
When I could kill you just as quickly.

up against the wall, out of the way
I tried to break out contact.
the warm touch tearing into me as
scratches the surface.

still you press close to rub against me
in a moment of socially acceptable fondling
between locked cars and shuffling feet
your touch still brings me ill.

it sucked the very warmth out of my breath
you fucked the stride of my step
I'd forgotten what touch was like
and in the end when gone not so good.

image hosting jpg
04-08-2009 12:17 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Grey skies and strong winds blow overhead
As I sit up and awaken in bed.
Brush my teeth and iron clothes as the image of perfect order must be obtained. I slip on my persona to once again greet the world with the picture of hope and happiness.

I tried okay.. Laugh

image hosting jpg
04-08-2009 12:37 AM
magikarp Offline
Valerie Solanas

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

I like these. "you fucked the stride of my step" especially.

But if you want to do short stories, I think ya should go for it. =P

"Do we treat straight public sex differently than we do gay public sex? Of course. Straight people are so proud of their public sex that they named a cocktail after it."
04-08-2009 01:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My heart comes pouring out. Flammablecake 2 2,268 05-10-2011 08:23 AM
Last Post: SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT
  Savage Revenge: The Temples of Heart scientistB 9 2,416 03-28-2010 11:46 PM
Last Post: scientistB
  Ice Heart SleeperAwakes 2 1,404 12-18-2008 04:13 PM
Last Post: SleeperAwakes