RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fallout trouble
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)
fallout trouble

I've looked around at some gaming forums but none of them were of much help.
I got my new computer and installed fallout, at first i didn't think it would work because my slim-line graphics card didn't fit. anyway I noticed a nvidia sticker on the computer and apparently it has some kind of integrated nvida. so the game works, I started the game but I cant really play at all because the mouse lags like hell and you have to baby the key board. to get anything to work you have to hold the key forever which isn't bad with the pip-boy but its hard as hell to shoot. I haven't even exited the vault yet so combat in the wastes will be suicide.
can any of the fallout freaks help me?
04-04-2009 11:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Re: fallout trouble

I've had that happen to me before with different games

I would probably turn the in game textures, anti-aliasing and resolution down a bit, as that usually eases the stress on the graphics card and cpu allowing for smoother gameplay.. If that doesn't work, then you may have to shell out for a better graphics card (cheapest one i could find last time i checked was around $100). More Ram may help as well...

Thats just my two cents
04-04-2009 11:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

yeah I quit the game and turned down the graphics and stuff a bit. we'll see if that works.
also the integrated card is a 7100, no wonder its so damn slow. lulz, ima go shell out the cash for a new card.
04-05-2009 12:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

whoa that fixed everything. the graphics look like shit but I'm going to get a new card.
thanks for the help Biggrin
04-05-2009 12:03 AM
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Anytime
I feel your pain, graphics wont be so great but if it means being able to enjoy the game at a reasonable speed, then ill take not so great graphics any day Biggrin
04-05-2009 12:07 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

lol, that game raeps most graphics cards. But yeah, an upgrade should fix it. I have a 9800GT and I can run it fine with most settings at a reasonable level. Also, go to tweakguides.com and find the one for Fallout. Lotsa stuff you can tweak thar.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
04-05-2009 12:43 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

I plan on buying the 9800 its the cheapest and most advanced for its price as far as i can tell
04-05-2009 01:18 AM
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

Given 28 thank(s) in 23 post(s)

I should probably get a new graphics card too. Although somebody told me with a laptop, to use an external graphics card, you have to hook it up to a computer monitor.

Anyway, good luck with fallout/graphic card shopping.

" I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. " ~From the television show The Wonder Years
04-05-2009 01:25 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

The Radeon 4850's are slightly faster than the 9800's... also a bit moar expensive. Only reason I didn't get one is 'cause I read they have some heat issues. And I live in a hot country, soooo that's bad.

But yeh, a 9800 should do just fine. What CPU you got?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
04-05-2009 01:56 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

its an hp with an intel pentenium dual core, I dont remember the processing speed. just that it was considerably better than my old one
04-05-2009 02:27 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Ah... dual core is good. Pentium? Don't you mean Core2duo perhaps?

Hidden stuff:
04-07-2009 02:44 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

yeah that.
04-07-2009 04:21 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fallout 3 Sunbourn 37 12,186 12-15-2013 10:14 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Thinking of trying Fallout 3 The Desert Fox 52 17,692 10-28-2012 10:18 AM
Last Post: Sociopath
  Fallout 3 or Fallout: NV? thriller222 14 7,458 02-22-2012 11:25 PM
Last Post: Sociopath
  Small Fallout NV rant. gore goroth 11 4,271 02-06-2012 06:36 AM
Last Post: The
  fallout 4 gore goroth 12 5,621 02-05-2012 08:04 AM
Last Post: HeartofShadows