RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anarchist Activism!
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)
Re: Anarchist Activism!

John Tuttle Wrote:People have one goal in life: security. Anarchy threatens one's security, there right to life. People don't like that. So what will they do? People will organize into groups to ensure security. Essentially, any anarchy will evolve into a society of hundreds of small gangs, each one built in a community. Is that good? Heck no. These gangs have one goal: acquire power. That is what states do, that is what these mini-states will do. Power secures security. Gangs will always be afraid that other gangs will destroy them and thus will war with the weaker gangs to acquire power and security. Similarly, they will go to war to acquire resources, such as sources of fresh water or arable land. For without these resources they do not have security. And without a central government there is nothing stopping a gang of 100 people from kicking a gang of 40 people off of their land and taking their stuff. Essentially anarchy replaces a society of nation-states with a society of community-states. These states would be just as violent, if not more so, than nation-states. Anarchy would not be pleasant to live in. How do we know this? Because the world is currently an anarchy of countries. States act just as how the gangs will act in an anarchy, for there is no central government of the world.

You remind me of a small yapping poodle... the kind that I just want to punt... heh

Your baseless assumptions are fucking hilarious. OH if some people form a group then well hell that means they are going to be dicks and try and take over! I could do the same thing...

People have one goal in life... autonomy. A state threatens this autonomy by forcing a person to follow laws they may not want to follow... blah blah blah more nonsense... do some research on human nature please k bye.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
08-06-2011 01:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:Your baseless assumptions are fucking hilarious. OH if some people form a group then well hell that means they are going to be dicks and try and take over! I could do the same thing...

People have one goal in life... autonomy. A state threatens this autonomy by forcing a person to follow laws they may not want to follow... blah blah blah more nonsense...
No man is an island. While I agree that autonomy should be maximized as far as possible, we ultimately cannot achieve full autonomy.

Quote:do some research on human nature please k bye.
You do some research into human nature. Men aren't angels.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
08-06-2011 02:40 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:You remind me of a small yapping poodle... the kind that I just want to punt... heh
Considering that the average poodle is more intelligent than you are, I'll take that as a compliment.

UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:Your baseless assumptions are fucking hilarious. OH if some people form a group then well hell that means they are going to be dicks and try and take over! I could do the same thing...
People or groups of people acting like dicks? NEVER. Oh yeah, except that we have all of human history to cull examples from.

UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:People have one goal in life... autonomy. A state threatens this autonomy by forcing a person to follow laws they may not want to follow... blah blah blah more nonsense... do some research on human nature please k bye.
Um, no. That is scientifically incorrect. Learn something about humans. Humans are social animals, just as our closest relatives - chimpanzees and the other great apes are. Chimpanzees organize into groups just like humans. Humans are not purely autonomous creatures nor have we ever been purely autonomous creatures. Humans will always form groups to survive, and in order to gain resources and security these groups will always seek power through conflict. We see that in even in chimpanzees. It is part of how our brain is wired. See, evolution doesn't value autonomy in humans. Humans are fairly weak, and our children are hopelessly useless up until they become teenagers, so the only way humans evolved in nature was by being social animals. But I guess science is too advanced for you.

[Image: funny-gifs-wax-on-wax-owl.gif]
08-06-2011 05:53 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Activism > Voting psychopath 2 2,116 08-09-2010 05:12 AM
Last Post: HeartofShadows