RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why don't we use youtube?
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)
Re: Why don't we use youtube?

I have windows movie maker which is alright , I can download videos from youtube if thats what you mean.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
04-18-2009 03:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
classclown Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

matty555 Wrote:I have windows movie maker which is alright , I can download videos from youtube if thats what you mean.

well we could use that to edit them if someone else doesnt got they program required for it.

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -socrates-

Schooling us to prepare us for the career in need
Not caring about our interests and dreams to heed
04-19-2009 05:47 AM
Quioxte Offline
Pariah

Given 12 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

I made a thread about this exact same thing a couple months ago. I made a channel, which can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/SchoolSurvival

I haven't done anything to it, so yeah. I will give the password to 1 person and they can do whatever, that is, if you guys even want to use it. So whoever you decide to lead the operation I will give the password to.
04-20-2009 08:08 AM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

cool high 5 L

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

04-20-2009 09:51 AM
Nah Offline
Pariah

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

If no-one else wants to lead it, I will, but my organizational and technical skills are probably less than adequate. If anyone else has been thinking about it, now is the time to say.
04-20-2009 12:01 PM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

i well but id need videos sent in. but i can do techincal stuff and im always on the computer

-weeds-

04-20-2009 12:47 PM
Nah Offline
Pariah

We still need someone to make the videos.
04-20-2009 01:08 PM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

well avenger said he could make powerpoints.

-weeds-

04-20-2009 01:13 PM
xcriteria Offline
Fanatic

Given 930 thank(s) in 612 post(s)

Is there really nobody on the site who wants to make videos? This idea has come up a number of times but it never goes anywhere. Youtube and numerous other sites have millions of people uploading things. You'd think the biggest problem would be quality, not a lack of quantity.

I'm sure there are various reasons -- people not wanting to be on camera, not having a camera, not having other people who want to be filmed, not having an idea of what to record...

I propose that as a first step, whoever's interested help work out some ideas and write some scripts or scenarios. Then we find people to make them. I might be able to help with that. But how about we start with a list of ideas?

As soul mentioned, we should have some funny ones. I think there's also a place for something dramatic that involves two or more actors, like a conversation about school or self-education. And, videos that are informative, like video versions of some of the articles on the site, would be easy to make and useful.
04-20-2009 01:57 PM
Nah Offline
Pariah

I think the best way to get our message across would be videos with only a voice and a sideshow of pictures, possibly a small video or two in there. No-one has to be on camera then.
04-20-2009 02:38 PM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

well im getting a job soon maybe i can buy a camera

-weeds-

04-20-2009 03:40 PM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Given 30 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

You don't need a camera to make a propaganda vid. Not even a microphone. Many of the videos on youtube are just pictures and text...

The only good signature is a dead signature.
04-20-2009 08:36 PM
xcriteria Offline
Fanatic

How many views/subscribers do those text-only vids have? I mean, that's certainly one way to go, but actual video recording has a lot of potential to communicate. There's a reason it's so popular.

A variety of content is key though, there's no reason to argue against real video. Some people can do that and some people can do powerpoint. It's not like we're limited to one format. I personally think actual video, and good animation, is more effective than just text and more likely to get links and rise above the average stuff out there and get noticed.
04-20-2009 08:46 PM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Some have quite a bit of views...

How many views do crappy webcam videos have?

04-20-2009 08:47 PM
xcriteria Offline
Fanatic

Well, it'd be preferable to use a better video camera than a crappy web cam. I'd like to make some stuff that's pretty high quality, even if costs money and takes some work to track down actors. There's a reason film & tv attract so many viewers -- it can be a very powerful medium. And very little has ever been produced in film/tv/motion-video that effectively conveys the idea of questioning school.

A lot can be done with text and images, too -- definitely go for it. It's just a different approach.

But until someone makes vids, why not brainstorm some ideas for either method?
04-20-2009 09:17 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

the problem isnt that no1 WANTS to do it, its that no1 KNOWS how 2 do it or dosent HAVE a camera, heres wat we do:

-give the password for use of a select group of ppl, PM people the password like alucard, avenger, me, classclown, Jonno, xcriteria, fire elf and any1 else who wants in, BUT NOT TO A NEWB!-they could be Justin...this way, production will go up and we can spread the word faster since we hav moar ppl on the same account

-Search videos on youtube that have to do with being against school and advertise SS, remember, SS is a non-profit organization so No, Your Not a Spambot

-Get avenger or some1 else to make a powerpoint or movie, dosent matter whichevar one

-???? (Do Nothing...?)

-PROFIT!

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
04-20-2009 11:17 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

I'm working on one now. Just a slide show of student-abuse related pics that will end with the FER flag and a link. Sort of a more polished version of my last one.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
04-21-2009 04:51 AM
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

Rebelnerd Wrote:I'm working on one now. Just a slide show of student-abuse related pics that will end with the FER flag and a link. Sort of a more polished version of my last one.

Huzzah!
Will it be on the SchoolSurvival channel?

What will the title be?

[Image: spooky-1.jpg]

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
04-21-2009 04:55 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Rebelnerd Wrote:I'm working on one now. Just a slide show of student-abuse related pics that will end with the FER flag and a link. Sort of a more polished version of my last one.
Wats the FER flag look like?

NEED PICS PLZ

Hidden stuff:

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
04-21-2009 04:56 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

It's the black one with the white stripe and eagle, right?

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
04-21-2009 05:52 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Rebelnerd Wrote:It's the black one with the white stripe and eagle, right?
IT BETTER BE!

if they get the wrong flag, our whole cause will tank, the flag is a symbol of SS and all it stands for.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
04-21-2009 05:58 AM
Quioxte Offline
Pariah

Here is how I see it. 1 or 2 people have the password. 1 of those 2 people make videos regularly, and the other kinda runes it. And then for everyone else to submit videos they have to rapidshare them or something and the people can watch it and then upload it if they see fit.

Also, if nobody wants to make videos, I can make them if you want I guess. I have a crappy handheld camera I can carry around, a webcam, and a microphone. I would mostly want to make videos where I don't show my face, but yeah, if nobody else wants to I will make da videos, but I am not really the best, so yeah...
04-21-2009 06:03 AM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

i got a webcam but not sure if can record. also got a microphone.

but power points would be good. all you really need to influence people is good pics and good music.

-weeds-

04-21-2009 06:40 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

TrueAnarchist Wrote:

NEED PICS PLZ
LOL there's one in my sig!

Well, actually, this is the flag

04-21-2009 07:12 AM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

Hey, seems like we're making decent progress. I can make a good Powerpoint and MAYBE a video of an acted unfair situation. Me and starwarspup are in the same school, maybe me and him could do something. But I'm 100% chance I can, and if we get the channel running, will, make a PowerPoint. I'm thinking of adding some rebellious music to it as well.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
04-21-2009 01:45 PM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

music would be good. i think we should like at the end of all our videos have a thing saying send us stories of what happened to you or if you got videos of unfiar treatment at a school send it to us and we well reconise its from you in it

-weeds-

04-21-2009 03:25 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Fire Elf Wrote:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:

NEED PICS PLZ
LOL there's one in my sig!

Well, actually, this is the flag
NO WAY!

The Eagle needs to be black, or better yet, make the Eagle a Crow

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
04-22-2009 12:01 AM
Quioxte Offline
Pariah

Quote:NO WAY!

The Eagle needs to be black, or better yet, make the Eagle a Crow

I agree, actually, there are a couple different designs, on the original design it was black, I will look it up for you.

EDIT: [Image: 2s9ya79.jpg]
04-22-2009 05:42 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

I've got a vid ready, if you'd like to check it out. Not quite sure how to send it to you though, and I obviously don't have the password.

04-22-2009 05:51 AM
xcriteria Offline
Fanatic

Maybe a file sharing site?

There are a few ways to capture video from webcams -- any video editing software should capture, including windows movie maker, and there are some special capture programs.
04-22-2009 12:00 PM