RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School Bus (Argument)
animatrix Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
School Bus (Argument)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdTT4SK-nPg < Youtube Link (School Bus)

okay I don't know if anyone has post something like this but when I saw this vid I was trying to understand what was happening in the beginning and I think the bus driver said something similar "well get off the bus" directly to a student, and when the student try to get off the teacher said to sit back down. Who do you think was right, the girl (student), or the bus driver? If this discussion has already been discussed just link me to the original forum... Sorry for any incorrections. Smile

Love life and life will love you back.

Love people and they will love you back.

- Arthur Rubinstein
04-16-2009 09:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

Given 28 thank(s) in 23 post(s)
Re: School Bus (Argument)

Student definately. The bus driver attacked her mom too.

" I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. " ~From the television show The Wonder Years
04-16-2009 10:38 AM
Freeman Offline
Pariah

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

That's bullcrap. I'm glad my bus driver isn't that stupid.
04-16-2009 10:49 AM
NowhereWoman Offline
Pariah

Given 11 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Wow.
First of all, the girl was in the right. The bus driver should have at least listened to her mom, and seen if it was alright to let the child off of the bus.
Second of all, the girl was being a little bit of a brat, but she was right. The bus driver shouldn't have physically kept her from getting off of the bus, UNLESS she was going to hear what the mother had to say.

Now, I'm a little confused.
The two girls in front are talking to the bus driver, then the dark haired girl and the driver get into a fight.
THEN, a girl from the MIDDLE of the bus comes up and pulls the GIRL'S hair, and says 'get off my mom, you bitch.'
Was the girl from the middle of the bus the daughter of the bus driver?

An it Harm None, Do What Ye Will
An it Harm, Do Only What Ye Must

Lighten up! This life was made for experimenting, making mistakes, falling on our faces, and standing up to do it all over again.
Live for Learning.

Carla Franklin may be a whore. She may be a wonderful, kind, moral woman. Seeing as I don't know her personally, I cannot know for sure. However, I find her actions (suing Google, requesting the personal info of her critics, getting angry over random internet idiocy that she should ignore and be bigger than, trying to get this site in trouble because of a few users' commentary on the situation, etc.) pretty ridiculous and unwarranted. If she didn't want people to to be talking about/judging her, well 1. that's impossible, she's a human, and 2. she shouldn't have been a model or agreed to be on film. AND 3. she DEFINITELY shouldn't have sued Google and made all this fuss over a few random idiots whom she probably won't ever know expressing their opinion. Mmkay? MMKAY.
04-16-2009 11:05 AM
Number11 Offline
Renegade

Given 4 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Did you see the response video by this tard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lgdm8ro_...onse_watch

More brainwashed fools who don't really care about their children... She even says "From the hours of 8-5, my child belongs to [the school]."

This is so wrong! Adults think they own their children, or that the even CAN own them! So basically slaves/property/pet animals.

[Image: th-9_just-douche-it-adbusters.jpg]
04-16-2009 11:20 AM
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

Given 11 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

That bus driver was way out of line. Forcefully shoving a student back toward their seat, punching them, throwing their phone when they're actually doing something right (in another related video, the gal said if they wanted to get off at a spot not on the bus route, they had to get parental consent), and in general getting in a fight like that? Oh, if things were truly equal, she'd of gotten quite a few charges and punishments for that mess.

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
Rebelnerd Wrote:Avatar was an inside job.
For $9.11 I'll give you an inside job.
Raikuron Wrote:Okay. I fail. DISREGARD THAT EVERYONE, I SUCK COCKS!
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:fox you should take everything mystery says with a pinch of salt

and by pinch of salt i actually mean you need to build a fucking salt processing plant so you have enough salt to dispell the bullshit
04-16-2009 12:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teenagewasteland Offline
Revolutionary

If I was a bus driver it would be very simple. If you wanted to get off the bus, you could get off. It's not a prison bus... well then again.
04-16-2009 12:25 PM
NowhereWoman Offline
Pariah

Given 11 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Isn't that pic in your sig from the wall?

Anyway, I so want to make a vid response. I'll tell you guys if I do.

An it Harm None, Do What Ye Will
An it Harm, Do Only What Ye Must

Lighten up! This life was made for experimenting, making mistakes, falling on our faces, and standing up to do it all over again.
Live for Learning.

Carla Franklin may be a whore. She may be a wonderful, kind, moral woman. Seeing as I don't know her personally, I cannot know for sure. However, I find her actions (suing Google, requesting the personal info of her critics, getting angry over random internet idiocy that she should ignore and be bigger than, trying to get this site in trouble because of a few users' commentary on the situation, etc.) pretty ridiculous and unwarranted. If she didn't want people to to be talking about/judging her, well 1. that's impossible, she's a human, and 2. she shouldn't have been a model or agreed to be on film. AND 3. she DEFINITELY shouldn't have sued Google and made all this fuss over a few random idiots whom she probably won't ever know expressing their opinion. Mmkay? MMKAY.
04-16-2009 12:26 PM
teenagewasteland Offline
Revolutionary

mangareadr Wrote:Isn't that pic in your sig from the wall?

Hehe yes.
04-16-2009 01:04 PM
monkey Away
Fanatic

Given 26 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

"we don't need no education!" "We don't need no though control!"

ahh, good song.

Had to move on. Account is dead.
04-16-2009 01:44 PM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

i like how when they fight started and kinda ended everyone ditched. but that bus driver was a nutjob. and yes the girl that ran up was the bus drivers daughter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I741jvpNw...re=related
this is kinda like what happened to the bus driver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oayeX8iO5...re=related
part 1 of the girl who the bus driver got in a scuffle with like how it happened thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hQio69gg...re=related
part 2 of the above but you can just click related on the first 1

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -socrates-

Schooling us to prepare us for the career in need
Not caring about our interests and dreams to heed
04-16-2009 01:52 PM
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

Given 28 thank(s) in 23 post(s)

What was weird to me, 3 kids stayed on the bus the ENTIRE time just sitting there. Even when everyone left and even after some girls came back on to comfort the bus driver. I think somebody told them to get off.

" I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. " ~From the television show The Wonder Years
04-16-2009 10:30 PM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

I say it's the bus driver's fault. Kept on bugging her even after she asked politely. Bitch.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
04-17-2009 03:41 PM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

not the way I would have done it... I would have pushed that bitch bus driver to the side and got off the bus. School really is prison.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
04-17-2009 04:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Winning a anti-school argument? KitsuneSefam 15 6,597 07-17-2008 06:39 AM
Last Post: The Desert Fox
  An Argument for School Choice akdonn 0 937 01-19-2008 04:01 AM
Last Post: akdonn