RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A real picture from a Chinese school.
Puchiko Offline
Pariah

Given 15 thank(s) in 11 post(s)
Re: A real picture from a Chinese school.

Now, I know this isn't nearly as extreme, but just from reading this thread, I was reminded of a picture I saw on Wikipedia illustrating the article Education in Singapore. It was an ordinary picture of an assembly at first look. I clicked the thumbnail to see full sized. Eeek. It looked creepy now, all the children in the same uniforms, all the girls wore braids (note: I love braids and often wear them myself. I just think it's creepy when a whole school of girls does it at once.), all the boys had the same hair cut, a lot of the children wore glasses-and the glasses looked all the same. It dragged on for uncountable rows of little Singaporeans, a mass of little androids.

I located the pic now, and it doesn't seem as impressive as I remembered it, but it can't hurt to include it (hidden tags because it's a big pic):
Hidden stuff:
[Image: Nh-students.JPG]

Don't take life so seriously, it isn't permanent.
05-04-2009 05:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
assaultmedic Offline
Revolutionary

Given 6 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

that is most likely fake. china isnt the communist totalitarian dictatorship everyone thinks it is

it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
[Image: TF2_Tag___Medic_by_schroe.png]
05-04-2009 06:40 PM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Given 30 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Yeah. Just scratch the "communist" part and you have an accurate description.

The only good signature is a dead signature.
05-04-2009 08:44 PM
assaultmedic Offline
Revolutionary

Fire Elf Wrote:Yeah. Just scratch the "communist" part and you have an accurate description.

no scratch all three words and you have an accurate description. My dad has traveled to china for work many times and has discovered the stories they say on the news are actually bullshit. They dont have the "great firewall" or absolute martial law.

05-05-2009 09:14 AM
maxh Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

The tourists don't have a great firewall, you mean. I've done some work circumventing the one the citizens have.

Carla Franklin has never denied that on the afternoon of the third of August 2006 she raped and killed sixteen children celebrating their friend's fifth birthday and forced their parents to share a dinner of their remains.

If a teacher you don't know tries to bust you for something, just tell them "Jsem výměnný student, nemluvím anglicky. Tak jdi do prdele ty posranej hajzle, tvoje matka je kurva!", then send me money.
05-05-2009 09:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

assaultmedic Wrote:
Fire Elf Wrote:Yeah. Just scratch the "communist" part and you have an accurate description.

no scratch all three words and you have an accurate description. My dad has traveled to china for work many times and has discovered the stories they say on the news are actually bullshit. They dont have the "great firewall" or absolute martial law.
They prolly just don't have it in tourist places.

05-05-2009 10:49 AM
Chuplayer Offline
Renegade

I think they're trying to keep girls from hiding cheat sheets between their boobs.
05-05-2009 11:53 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Damn communist bastards.

[Image: glorious666.png]
05-09-2009 12:24 PM
assaultmedic Offline
Revolutionary

Fire Elf Wrote:
assaultmedic Wrote:

They prolly just don't have it in tourist places.

no, my dad worked in the cities there were the actual citizens worked in factories and lived. they werent subjected to cruel torturing sweatshop labor, they actually enjoy their lives lot better than us bitchy fatfuck americans can.

05-11-2009 04:02 PM
Puchiko Offline
Pariah

assaultmedic Wrote:no, my dad worked in the cities there were the actual citizens worked in factories and lived. they werent subjected to cruel torturing sweatshop labor, they actually enjoy their lives lot better than us bitchy fatfuck americans can.
There is documentation of Chinese civil rights abuses. I encourage you to look up cases like Shi Tao, houku system, and Falun Gong (they offer their kidneys for sale if you're interested). An estimated eight thousand people are executed in China yearly. Now look up the imprisonment statistics.

You know why the left was so hip in pre-war years? Many left-leaning intellectuals visited the USSR. Did they see anything like the USSR? No. Same with China. There's different things you see: as an urban dweller, as a rural farmer. As a citizen, as a foreigner.

05-12-2009 07:13 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Puchiko Wrote:You know why the left was so hip in pre-war years? Many left-leaning intellectuals visited the USSR. Did they see anything like the USSR? No. Same with China. There's different things you see: as an urban dweller, as a rural farmer. As a citizen, as a foreigner.
This.

05-12-2009 07:41 AM
BIOSHOCK Offline
Renegade

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

china is a fascist state right down to the school.

The Revolution evaporates, & leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy. The chains of tormented mankind are made out of red tape
[Image: antifa2.jpg]
05-13-2009 03:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Perverted DSX would absolutely love to go to that school.

Spambot Kill Counter: 33
Spambot Kill Counter as Spambot Hell's Devil: Countless

Buying a high powered computer: 500 bucks
Getting gift wrap: 10 bucks maybe
Seeing the horror on that special someone's face once they tear off the gift wrap and see a Windows 98: Priceless.

[Image: Spawn_Classic.jpg]

I'll see you in Hell....AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
06-18-2009 08:25 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

China isn't really communist anymore, they just keep the Communist party in power to keep the title. In reality, they're opening "free market zones" and have even proposed giving special rights to wealthy businessmen to promote economic growth (listen to Mao spinning in his grave).

But the great firewall is real. The vast majority of Chinese students have never heard of the Tienanmen Square massacre, or that the Great Leap Forward resulted in 50 million deaths by starvation. Critics of the government can be arrested for sedition. And a nice little fun fact is that, since executed prisoners' organs can be donated to hospitals, more prisoners are given the death penalty when the demand for organs goes up.
And let's not forget the Sichuan earthquake. And how parents who criticized the government's shitty-constructed schools are being forcibly kept out of the media. China may not be a hive of stereotypical commie drones, but it's far from free.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
06-18-2009 08:45 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

EPIC BUMP OF EPICNESS
06-27-2009 06:35 PM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

CrayolaColours Wrote:But China is communist because that's what they told me in school. Oh wait...
Don't let school tell you what the world is about... my school still uses textbooks from before our country was founded.

06-27-2009 11:18 PM
Puchiko Offline
Pariah

Fire Elf Wrote:
CrayolaColours Wrote:But China is communist because that's what they told me in school. Oh wait...
Don't let school tell you what the world is about... my school still uses textbooks from before our country was founded.
Hey, that's my quote!

06-30-2009 01:15 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

"There'z some serious quote thieven' going on 'round ere..."

[Image: sherrif.jpg]
06-30-2009 01:21 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

WTF MATE!?!?!?!?

[Image: funny-gifs-wax-on-wax-owl.gif]
06-30-2009 01:29 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Puchiko Wrote:
Fire Elf Wrote:
Hey, that's my quote!
Well, i've never seen you use it...

06-30-2009 02:16 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

john tuttle Wrote:WTF MATE!?!?!?!?

It's time fur some shootin'!
06-30-2009 04:22 AM
Rebel Offline
Rebel

Lucky ass guy in the picture.

[Image: 699e40813eb030e49d372a2a9064d70160ccc49c.png]
07-27-2009 11:38 AM
youpplrsogay Offline
Revolutionary

Dude i need to get back to china *drools* Censored China rules Buttrock
07-27-2009 04:12 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

BUMP
07-27-2009 10:42 PM
Trar Away
R.I.P.

Given 189 thank(s) in 125 post(s)

I wonder if that's Lesbian Orgy 101.
07-28-2009 08:35 AM
sswbm Offline
Revolutionary

Given 192 thank(s) in 120 post(s)
A real picture from a Chinese school.

A certain cheating method is to write the answers with washable ink on yourself, hidden by your clothes. I think that's what they are trying to prevent.
12-19-2014 01:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The REAL purpose of school (conspiracy theories here) Fractomancer 23 11,852 01-04-2017 02:37 PM
Last Post: HSHARK
  What is your -real- opinion on the public school system? Ky 27 15,276 01-03-2017 07:31 AM
Last Post: Superkamiguru
  high school survival guide -- real helpful thewake 6 4,788 05-03-2015 03:08 PM
Last Post: thewake
  Blake Boles Real Education Podcast #1: Ken Danford on Thriving Without School xcriteria 4 3,124 03-20-2015 02:03 PM
Last Post: xcriteria
  Dennis Littky's Big Picture school model: article/documentary xcriteria 4 3,223 12-17-2014 10:51 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  Has High School taught you any real world stuff? scorchededge243 31 19,385 04-05-2014 05:25 AM
Last Post: WhatEvenIsThis
  Who knew online school sucked just as much as the real thing? Snorkel27 5 4,523 08-08-2012 05:27 PM
Last Post: fish20
  The real point of school? fish20 12 2,797 02-23-2010 11:48 AM
Last Post: Xguy