RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howdy!
Griffin Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Howdy!

Today I realized I have been coming on this site all the time for 396 days since I first came upon this site, and I have been reading it ever since, yet I haven't posted in the forums once. Very strange. I guess I've just been a little intimidated. Notworthy

Err... what should I say. Well, I'm only in middle school, and I go to a snobby school that gives off the air of "we're better than you." I think middle schoolers are probably among the stupidest of the age groups, maybe at the top. I think I just insulted myself, whatever. Whenever I try to talk to 'friends' (I think those are nonexistent in middle school) about stuff I care about, they look at me in funny ways. Not that I don't earn weird looks without speaking.

I'm very ADD, a little ADHD. I refuse medications. I've moved a lot in my thirteen years. My favorite place was Jackson Hole, WY. There are 11 people living in my house. I'm actually pretty happy with my life, I'm just not blind to what schools are doing. I know a grand total of one person who shares my opinion of school. One.

I kind of want to keep rambling on, but this is already more than a quick hello. But, howdy!

( Sad Just sayin, I always thought this smilie looks like a drawing of a house in a circle.)
04-28-2009 10:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

Given 28 thank(s) in 23 post(s)
Re: Howdy!

You'll fit in just fine here. Welcome

" I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. " ~From the television show The Wonder Years
04-28-2009 11:01 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Given 30 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Welcome on SS. Please leave your sanity in the bins provided.

The only good signature is a dead signature.
04-28-2009 11:05 AM
Griffin Offline
Rebel

Thank you! Wave

I'm a size seven straight jacket, if anyone wanted to know. Oh wait, that's my shoe size. Hmm... I don't remember what size straight jacket they said I was.
04-28-2009 11:25 AM
monkey Away
Fanatic

Given 26 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

you wouldn't happen to be in oregon would you?

Had to move on. Account is dead.
04-28-2009 01:05 PM
Revolutionary

Hey Griffin,
Welcome to the school survival forums. My name is Johnathan and I would like to welcome you with open arms. Most of the people in here are very nice but you should watch out for a few crazies in here. Nevertheless, im one of the nice people...

Once again, welcome Smile
04-28-2009 01:13 PM
classclown Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

hey welcome

life is just blah blah blah. we hope for blah, and sometimes we find it. but mostly its blah. and waiting for blah. and hoping you were right about the blahs you made. and when you think you just got the whole blah damn thing figured out, and your surrounded by the ones you blah. death shows up and blah blah blah.
-weeds-

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -socrates-

Schooling us to prepare us for the career in need
Not caring about our interests and dreams to heed
04-28-2009 03:16 PM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 15 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

Griffin Wrote:Thank you! Wave

I'm a size seven straight jacket, if anyone wanted to know. Oh wait, that's my shoe size. Hmm... I don't remember what size straight jacket they said I was.

S, M, L, OR XL? I'm in charge of le straight jackets around here.

It's nice to meet you, i hope you stay. We can be a bit intimidating.

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
04-28-2009 07:38 PM
Revolutionary

random_name Wrote:
Griffin Wrote:Thank you! Wave

S, M, L, OR XL? I'm in charge of le straight jackets around here.

It's nice to meet you, i hope you stay. We can be a bit intimidating.

Watch out for her. She's a homewrecker (she likes to flirt with single people) but shes nice nevertheless
04-28-2009 08:04 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

Hi im Jake, and i got in the middle of a drug bust recently, still recovering kinda, stupid popo

anyway, Hello

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
04-28-2009 10:21 PM
Sunbourn Offline
Proud crazy cat man

Given 289 thank(s) in 192 post(s)

Welcome! You seem pretty intelligent. I hope you stick around.

Who am I? Who are YOU?
04-29-2009 01:47 AM
Silentstrike220 Offline
Renegade

Hello welcome to SS..... Suspicious

Ice Member Shadow Member
ORIGINAL
ALABASTER
CLAM

[Image: anim_4f736365-86c7-5074-f528-82d156b4ade7.gif]
Music is like candy, You have to throw away the rappers.
04-29-2009 03:17 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

Yo, hope you have a long and happy stay here.

Also, just for politeness' sake, reply goddammit.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
04-29-2009 03:35 PM
Griffin Offline
Rebel

Mortalitas Wrote:Yo, hope you have a long and happy stay here.

Okay, replying, sorry. Embarrassed

Thanks for all these welcomes, I'm sure I will be sticking around a while. I've been doing it for the past year, really. I'll probably lurk more than talk though, unless I have something important. I feel if I talk a lot, I get very repetitive of both myself and other people on the thread.
04-30-2009 12:05 PM
Revolutionary

Griffin Wrote:
Mortalitas Wrote:Yo, hope you have a long and happy stay here.

Okay, replying, sorry. Embarrassed

Thanks for all these welcomes, I'm sure I will be sticking around a while. I've been doing it for the past year, really. I'll probably lurk more than talk though, unless I have something important. I feel if I talk a lot, I get very repetitive of both myself and other people on the thread.

Your welcome Griffin, its the same case with me. Thats why sometimes, ill be doing mostly lurking as well until i can contribute something to a discussion but i do post often on here as you can see by my post count.
04-30-2009 12:26 PM
Trar Away
R.I.P.

Given 189 thank(s) in 125 post(s)

It's good to have another SS'er to help with the Good Fight.

Also, ADD and ADHD are lies. They're invented my money-hungry pseudo-doctors because they want to cure us of our independence and free thoughts and make us slaves to society, and most importantly, make us think that school is good, when in fact it is the exact opposite.
04-30-2009 08:28 PM
Griffin Offline
Rebel

Trar Wrote:It's good to have another SS'er to help with the Good Fight.

Also, ADD and ADHD are lies. They're invented my money-hungry pseudo-doctors because they want to cure us of our independence and free thoughts and make us slaves to society, and most importantly, make us think that school is good, when in fact it is the exact opposite.

While I know the medications for them are total conspiracies, trust me, the disorders are definitely not lies. I would know.
05-01-2009 05:50 AM
returnal Away
cold like minnesota (brrr!)

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)

Trar Wrote:Also, ADD and ADHD are lies. They're invented my money-hungry pseudo-doctors because they want to cure us of our independence and free thoughts and make us slaves to society, and most importantly, make us think that school is good, when in fact it is the exact opposite.
ADD and ADHD are real (and IMHO don't need to be "cured"), although the drugs are jokes and lies.

Oh and welcome, Griffin.

woah dude
dude woah
05-01-2009 06:01 AM
Trar Away
R.I.P.

Given 189 thank(s) in 125 post(s)

Newtown Wrote:
Trar Wrote:Also, ADD and ADHD are lies. They're invented my money-hungry pseudo-doctors because they want to cure us of our independence and free thoughts and make us slaves to society, and most importantly, make us think that school is good, when in fact it is the exact opposite.
ADD and ADHD are real (and IMHO don't need to be "cured"), although the drugs are jokes and lies.

Oh and welcome, Griffin.
OK, so I got mixed up. There are real cases of ADHD caused by psychological problems that require a therapist, and there are kids that have too much sugar and go to a doctor that gets paid by drug companies to mis-diagnose kids with real or fake ADD or ADHD.
05-01-2009 09:41 AM
Griffin Offline
Rebel

Trar Wrote:
Newtown Wrote:

Oh and welcome, Griffin.
OK, so I got mixed up. There are real cases of ADHD caused by psychological problems that require a therapist, and there are kids that have too much sugar and go to a doctor that gets paid by drug companies to mis-diagnose kids with real or fake ADD or ADHD.
Exactly. My sociologist is one of the best and oldest in the area of ADHD, she's been studying it since people first started recognizing it. Physicians used to be able to just read off a list of symptoms and hand you Ritilan, but now only certified special people can do it. I love her because she actually discourages meds.
05-01-2009 09:53 AM
returnal Away
cold like minnesota (brrr!)

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)

Trar Wrote:OK, so I got mixed up. There are real cases of ADHD caused by psychological problems that require a therapist, and there are kids that have too much sugar and go to a doctor that gets paid by drug companies to mis-diagnose kids with real or fake ADD or ADHD.
True that.

woah dude
dude woah
05-01-2009 10:01 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

ARRRR! Welcome. Pirate

I suppose the forums are a bit scary, especially if you've been sticking around reading all the insanity for more than a year. Congrats on surviving long enough to introduce yourself. Smile

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
05-01-2009 09:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Howdy y'all. Gwedin 6 1,819 05-09-2013 04:27 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Howdy John_Wayne 14 1,877 08-29-2009 07:24 PM
Last Post: AWOL
  Howdy! Mogul 19 2,337 03-26-2008 05:30 PM
Last Post: liq3