RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what do you think of love i will answer last
chaos2525 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
what do you think of love i will answer last

Love isn't a decision. It's a feeling. If we could decide who we loved, it would be much simpler, but much less magical.
06-04-2009 10:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
~Mystery~ Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 18 post(s)
Re: what do you think of love i will answer last

This is my view.

The subconscious mind controls love. Only the subconscious mind knows what we really want. So when it sees the 'good' it triggers us to love without conscious permission.

Its like the stomach, It subconsciously knows how to separate the food you eat. It knows what will nurture you and whats just a pile of shit.

People act unaware that the human body is a walking pharmacy![Image: rolleyes.gif]~David Icke~
Religion was invented to keep the poor from harrasing the rich"~Napoleon Bonaparte~
Do As Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole of The Law! ~The Secret Order of Thelema~
"Respect goes to those who do not want it" ~TrueAnarchist~
"The only limitations that a person has are those that are self-imposed." ~Unknown!~
“Attraction is an emotion.~Dr. Alex~
“Life is an illusion albeit a very persistent one” ~Albert Einstein

I Am A Messenger From The Seduction Community!
Mint Member
06-04-2009 11:26 AM
chaos2525 Offline
Revolutionary

intersting whats the diffrence between attraction and love?
06-04-2009 12:52 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Love is either unconditional, or it isn't really love. That's my 2cents
Razz

So yeah, I'm saying that most people who use the word "love" don't know what they're talking about. For most people "love" means "need".

Quote:1) Only a handfull of people will ever experiance "true love" if that even exists. 2) And the only people that do are the "pretty people"
3) And someone like me has absolutely no chance at it.

1) True. It exists, but it's rare.
2) Absolute nonsense. Looks have nothing to do with real love. Razz
3) If you believe it that strongly you'll probably make it true. And actually the entire thing is backwards. You want someone to love you, right? Or are you saying that you'll never truly love another person? There's a huge difference. Love isn't about what you want. It's about what you can give. If it's about what you want, then it isn't unconditional, and by my extremely strict definition, isn't love at all. Razz

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
06-05-2009 12:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chaos2525 Offline
Revolutionary

well i think its my time to answer i dont know about love mean for a person but i can tell what does love mean for a something like a feeling of pride and honor for the homeland example
06-05-2009 04:36 AM
Milk2Go Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 29 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:2) Absolute nonsense. Looks have nothing to do with real love. Razz
Yes, it does. At least in the modern world it does.
06-05-2009 08:53 AM
Swift Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Love is dead, and we have killed it.

Love is only kept alive by enthusiasts. Love is now a synonym of lust today, which I find extremly fail.

"I heard a joke once. Man goes to doctor says "I'm terribly depressed". Doctor says "I know just what you should do. Poliacci the clown is in town, go see him, you'll be cheered right up." The man bursts into tears. "But Doctor, I am Poliacci." Funny joke. Roll on snare drum. Everyone laugh."

-Rorschach

[Image: BANANAMAN.gif]
06-05-2009 10:41 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:Love is now a synonym of lust today, which I find extremly fail.
Amen.

Quote:Yes, it does. At least in the modern world it does.
If looks have anything to do with it, it isn't real love.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
06-06-2009 12:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Milk2Go Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 29 post(s)

No, love is what you and your partner make of it.
06-06-2009 07:07 AM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

Man, you ppl are so depressing sometimes.

Since when does being attractive have anything to do with love? Pure sexual attraction maybe...but I see ugly people with attractive people all the time, and sometimes they're both not attractive at all, and these people actually care about each other.

Also, if you find someone attractive there's probably people out there who don't find that person attractive, which means that there is most likely someone for everyone.
06-06-2009 12:28 PM
~Mystery~ Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

Love is also pair-bonding: Quite simply, we have a mechanism in our brain that is evolutionary-calibrated to align with those who have high survival replication value for us. When a man is with a woman, all that he has to do is prove to her that he will stick around and that way she can have sex, and sex equates to babies and that is wired in our ancient circuitry. It doesn’t mean she wants him to stick around, but that the choice is hers.

Love is magic.

I agree with everything Psycopath said in his last post.

People act unaware that the human body is a walking pharmacy![Image: rolleyes.gif]~David Icke~
Religion was invented to keep the poor from harrasing the rich"~Napoleon Bonaparte~
Do As Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole of The Law! ~The Secret Order of Thelema~
"Respect goes to those who do not want it" ~TrueAnarchist~
"The only limitations that a person has are those that are self-imposed." ~Unknown!~
“Attraction is an emotion.~Dr. Alex~
“Life is an illusion albeit a very persistent one” ~Albert Einstein

I Am A Messenger From The Seduction Community!
Mint Member
06-06-2009 12:39 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Mystery, your last post made no sense. Care to rephrase?

Hidden stuff:
06-07-2009 02:37 AM
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

chaos2525 Wrote:Love isn't a decision. It's a feeling. If we could decide who we loved, it would be much simpler, but much less magical.

What do I think of love? My thoughts on are that it's a beautiful thing, but it's fucking hard to find/get.

Spambot Kill Counter: 33
Spambot Kill Counter as Spambot Hell's Devil: Countless

Buying a high powered computer: 500 bucks
Getting gift wrap: 10 bucks maybe
Seeing the horror on that special someone's face once they tear off the gift wrap and see a Windows 98: Priceless.

[Image: Spawn_Classic.jpg]

I'll see you in Hell....AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
07-26-2009 12:40 PM
MorikoMisa Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Personally I believe there is a difference between love and what we see in movies, books and on the internet. Love does not turn out like a movie, it doesn't always end with happiness, and if you want to have a storybook romance then your probably setting yourself up, you have to follow your own heart even if it seems wrong in others eyes.(as corny as that sounds)

*SPARKLING* *DOUCHEBUCKETS.*
08-02-2009 12:53 PM
spookycloud Offline
Rebel

We tend to crush on those who possess the qualities we desire most in ourselves, thinking they could "complete us" but if we can find a way to cultivate those qualities for ourselves, the less needy we'll become- putting others on a pedastal and resenting them for failing to complete us. Nothing else can fill your void, it's a trap! The less desperate you are, the more attractive you will be supposedly. I idealise unconditional love too SoulRiser, that is the most attractive quality of all, but most of us aren't that enlightened :/

Love is not exclusive to looks but the pretty people might more likely get a greater opportunity to test the waters and gain a wider choice for potentially compatible partners. Have you guys seen that documentary "the science of sex appeal"? In an experiment they ranked the attractiveness of each subject from 1 (being the least) to 10 (being the most attractive), and each subject had to make offers to each other to see how attractive of a partner they could score. The lower numbers at first tried to aim high before settling for a number closer to their rank. I think I remember a 1 paired with a 10, so it's not impossible that beauty is more subjective than the test could measure, but it was still reflective of what I see happening in my local social settings.

Quote:The subconscious mind controls love. Only the subconscious mind knows what we really want. So when it sees the 'good' it triggers us to love without conscious permission.

Seems about right, like when opposite immune systems attract and this is detected by preferring particular body odors. One person might be easily infected by a particular virus, while the other person easily fights that same virus off. The offspring of these couples, should inherit the best of their parents' immune system, making them better able to fight off a variety of infections. From an evolutionary point of view, as uncontrollable as it is, love does seem quite less magical though haha.

I hate dating games with all that grooming and courting... you have to present your best qualities in order to attract a mate but once you've been together long enough, you got your hopes up for nothing. The only way is to "be yourself" but sometimes that's not enough, especially if you're like me and romanticise your mediocrity. The media is somewhat to blame, but that stems from our own unrealistic ideals of being the perfect partner and wanting the perfect relationship. I know it's difficult to compromise while identifying with "quirkyalone"- people who find it impossible to settle or have casual relationships. We also can't control who we're not attracted to, making unrequited love cruel as hell.

The magical, chemically imbalanced, *in* love part is understandably an intriguing and desirable experience, but I am wary of it because all that passion, attraction and excitement eventually fades out. If you've transcended each other's flaws it either becomes a more grounded, caring, less conditional family love where you loyally make soup for them when they have the flu or you both just leave.

Watching stories about old people growing old together are depressing to me (esp the Notebook), moreso than a single person growing old alone... probably because the single person had nothing to lose. You could argue that a loveless life was a deprived life, but in the end, predominantly happy or sad, it doesn't matter. The single person has more of a chance to be in touch with the nature of detachment, as attachment causes suffering.
lol don't mind me, I'm mostly saying this because I envision myself to remain perpetually single, and even though it's seen as normal and necessary to be lovesick, I think trying to find love would provoke quite a bit of anxiety. If it happens, great, if it doesn't, I still want to feel content, and I know that too is possible. Smile

And all I learnt from writing this is I suck at being concise. Dead

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
09-11-2009 07:10 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:I think trying to find love would provoke quite a bit of anxiety. If it happens, great, if it doesn't, I still want to feel content, and I know that too is possible. Smile
Yeah, agreed. You don't find love - it finds you. Usually when you don't want it to.

And actually that isn't entirely true... it doesn't 'find' you - it was there all along... just waiting for an outlet... now I'm confusing myself.

Quote:If you've transcended each other's flaws it either becomes a more grounded, caring, less conditional family love where you loyally make soup for them when they have the flu or you both just leave.
For some reason I found this sentence really epic and amusing at the same time. Biggrin

Quote:Seems about right, like when opposite immune systems attract and this is detected by preferring particular body odors.
So the reason there's so much inbreeding going on in the world today... is all because of deodorants.

Hidden stuff:
09-14-2009 03:45 PM
spookycloud Offline
Rebel

Quote:Seems about right, like when opposite immune systems attract and this is detected by preferring particular body odors.

lol yeah there was an experiment done where the subjects wore the same shirt for days without washing, then shoved them in a jar for testing. The shirts were smelled and ranked from most to least attractive, with the most attractive shirt belonging to the subject with an opposite immune system. Perfume, deodorant and air ventilating companies fail, sweat sells. Razz

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
09-21-2009 04:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Answer this scenario Miller0700 23 6,623 11-21-2012 01:44 PM
Last Post: Miller0700