RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm going to miss high school
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)
I'm going to miss high school

inb4 massive WHAT

But yeah. One week to go, and I've got this odd feeling coming over me.

I will miss high school.

Sure, my class consists of whores and faggots, but they are good people at heart... And despite all the enormous setbacks, it's still the place I've spent most of my life for the past four years...

I said goodbye to my German teacher yesterday. I was this fucking close to breaking into tears.

There are still people I can't give a shit about, but there are some guys and gals I really, really will miss.

wtf is wrong with me

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
05-21-2011 06:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Faby Offline
work in progress

Re: I'm going to miss high school

Mind, this in no way means I'd turn back time and go through it all over again. fuck that.

~~

Perhaps there is no end.
05-21-2011 06:25 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

I suppose if all the decent teachers remained by the end of Year 11, then I would feel pretty sad too but the school has been turned to shit by my old headteacher (who abandoned ship last term LOL) and his image focused new changes. I had hoped the new guy would be better, but the first thing he did was to change the name of the School, so yeah, my school is slowly sinking.

I sorta I had this sort of thing last year, when my English Teacher left. He was the best fucking english teacher I ever had, he made lessons awesome and we still learned loads and he left because of the school drowning in its own shit and now we have a bitchy cow who is perpetually mad and "OH I PUT SO MUCH WORK INTO YOUR LESSONS AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY ME THIS IS AN INSULT TO ME I HAD NO SLEEP BECAUSE I WORKED SO HARD FOR YOU PEOPLE" when one person disobeys her glorious rules.

But yeah, I can see where you are coming from. If we left at the end of year 10, then I might feel like that, but alas, I still cannot fucking wait to escape.
05-21-2011 06:38 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

I graduated about five years ago... sometimes I think back and I do miss chillin before classes or playing Magic with peers or playing my gameboy SP during algebra lulz. I did have some awesome teachers but of course there were also complete dick teachers. I'd skip homeroom and go to my friends homeroom and chill because his homeroom moderators were cool as hell. I got like six detentions for that haha.

I guess the thing is to realize that just because I kinda feel nostalgic about it that doesn't mean it is a "good" thing. Sometimes I feel nostalgic about getting hit with the belt... kinda like, "man I remember when I got whipped for doing *insert some stupid shit I did*" but I do understand that it isn't a good thing and a child should not be subjected to that... same with high-school.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
05-22-2011 05:56 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

The only things I miss about school are all the things I'd do that I'm not supposed to, and devising grand plans for getting away with shit. I don't do any of that anymore because nobody is going to bitch at me now. lol. That part was fun. But ultimately pointless...

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
05-22-2011 01:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:The only things I miss about school are all the things I'd do that I'm not supposed to,

This. I don't miss going to class or the teachers. What I miss is in the final 1-2 years I was there the way we would just truant and play computer games or do other fun stuff.
05-22-2011 02:15 PM
Reptorian Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

I'm not going to miss high school one bit. Thanks for the painful memory. Ugh.

ZZZ...
05-23-2011 01:41 AM
TheCancer Offline
Fanatic

Given 568 thank(s) in 340 post(s)

I can't say I've ever really missed any of my students and I think most teachers feel the same way. I definitely never missed any of my teachers from when I was in school. I was disappointed that my friends made almost no effort to return my letters when I left the state but if that's all it meant to them so what. I was a better friend than almost any of my friends were to me. Whatever.

If you want to be a different fish, you've got to jump out of the school.

Captain Beefheart
05-23-2011 01:49 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

TheCancer Wrote:I was disappointed that my friends made almost no effort to return my letters when I left the state but if that's all it meant to them so what. I was a better friend than almost any of my friends were to me. Whatever.
I feel your pain... Hug

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
05-23-2011 07:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Man what a bunch of babies missing school...

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
05-23-2011 08:09 AM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Hooooookay I've changed my mind.

I'm now researching methods on how to break absolutely all contact between me and them, come hell or high water.

A new Messenger ID, cancelling/deleting my facebook and then, if needed, remaking it, probably getting a new number (again), and generally pretending I've never met them if I so much as run across them on the streets.

~~

Perhaps there is no end.
05-24-2011 01:13 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

Faby Wrote:Hooooookay I've changed my mind.

I'm now researching methods on how to break absolutely all contact between me and them, come hell or high water.

A new Messenger ID, cancelling/deleting my facebook and then, if needed, remaking it, probably getting a new number (again), and generally pretending I've never met them if I so much as run across them on the streets.

What happened?

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
05-24-2011 01:15 AM
Faby Offline
work in progress

I've sort of realised that my recent bout of nostalgia has no base in any sort of human (emotional, psychological, and any kind thereof) logic.

It was really horrible, the first years. And yes, there were happy times and jokes had, and all that.

But looking back, I see the bad stuff far outweighs the good.

Our class is divided into groups, which are in a constant state of war.

Yes, that sounds incredibly geeky, but it's true. Every group speaks and spreads shit of the other. Even members of the same fucking group gossip about each other behind their backs.

And the worst thing? I'm not making excuses for myself here, but thing is, I've done it myself.

And before you go all "THE WORLD IS SO DARK AND EMO AND HYPOCRITICAL", yes, I know that full well, but enough is enough.

I have no idea whether I'll meet people in college with more integrity and mutual respect for each other, but at least I'll have learned a lesson by then.

~~

Perhaps there is no end.
05-24-2011 01:20 AM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Lol, that sort of clashes against what I've said in the first post, huh?

Well, if I will miss high school, it's only because my only excuse for not getting my brain turned to mush will have gone.

School's the only thing keeping me from the horrid shit happening home all the time. The following four months are going to be a blast, no doubt...

~~

Perhaps there is no end.
05-24-2011 01:24 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

If only Rose Tinted Goggles weren't superglued to our face. Oh well.
05-24-2011 01:42 AM
Faby Offline
work in progress

BaronVonStrangle Wrote:If only Rose Tinted Goggles weren't superglued to our face. Oh well.

I think you mean Jade D:

~~

Perhaps there is no end.
05-24-2011 01:54 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Well least Faby is thinking with reason now and not like a slave who misses his master beating on him.

image hosting jpg
05-24-2011 02:06 AM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Oh no, if school were a master, at least it'd provide for me and keep me in a stable situation.

School for me was more like a nuisance than anything else.

~~

Perhaps there is no end.
05-24-2011 02:22 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Faby Wrote:Oh no, if school were a master, at least it'd provide for me and keep me in a stable situation.

Hmm good point.
Guess it depends on the kind of master you have.

image hosting jpg
05-24-2011 02:23 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

HeartofShadows Wrote:
Faby Wrote:Oh no, if school were a master, at least it'd provide for me and keep me in a stable situation.

Hmm good point.
Guess it depends on the kind of master you have.
You'd know all about slave masters and how they beat people don't you :troll:
(p.s its because you're black)
Also fuck highschool and everyone there.
05-24-2011 04:01 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Comrade Wrote:You'd know all about slave masters and how they beat people don't you :troll:

You know rome had slaves too and some were treated pretty well. Still yeah niggers got shafted. Also yes fuck high school(our last day of school somebody gas bombed the whole school with stink gas so I know I wasn't gonna miss school).

image hosting jpg
05-24-2011 04:51 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

HeartofShadows Wrote:
Comrade Wrote:You'd know all about slave masters and how they beat people don't you :troll:

You know rome had slaves too and some were treated pretty well. Still yeah niggers got shafted. Also yes fuck high school(our last day of school somebody gas bombed the whole school with stink gas so I know I wasn't gonna miss school).
white slaves>black slaves
nothing happened on our last day cause my school is boring and filled with rednecks
05-24-2011 05:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to get a job without a high-school diploma Eidolon 3 2,586 02-05-2015 11:06 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Going to high school in one year! Help! awesomedoers 11 3,052 03-04-2013 11:50 PM
Last Post: Heil_Kaiba8921
  Teacher Leaves Wife, Kids for High School Student UnschoolShqiponjë 20 12,599 03-03-2012 04:30 AM
Last Post: Levio_Sah
  What should I expect on high school? Luizao876 14 5,401 11-29-2011 08:03 PM
Last Post: Efs
  I want to go to high school Faby 10 2,859 09-24-2011 06:41 AM
Last Post: Phrozen_Soul
  College and high school ErisQuodSum 50 6,997 07-18-2011 12:19 AM
Last Post: SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT
  Florida High School Principal Lied About Hypnotizing Student thewake 5 2,831 07-01-2011 01:51 PM
Last Post: Absnt
  Last week of high school. KittyKatBlack 17 3,979 05-12-2010 06:26 PM
Last Post: AWOL
  I need to move on going ahead of people at high school Reptorian 2 1,350 02-05-2010 01:41 PM
Last Post: psychopath
  Latest faggotry from my high school Pieman 15 2,674 04-21-2009 10:27 PM
Last Post: Pieman