RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scientology: Is it a load of crap?
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)
Scientology: Is it a load of crap?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology

Newest site: http://www.scientology.org

Basically, they think you have lived on other planets in your past life (reincarnation) and that you need to pay to become a member. You pay the church to relive painful experiences in your life, and your past life and then become happy. They think psychiatry is abusive and needs to be abolished (despite paying the church for mental peace, Hyppocrisy anyone?) Sounds to me like a scam, it seems like a rip-off of Mormonism. They're copyright nazis who are against drugs (bullshit). I don't see how its a Religion, because basically, Religion is to worship a God. Plus, they say that Scientology is "Compatible with other religions" so even if Scientology WAS a religion (which its not) that'd be contradictiary: you can't be a Christian AND a Catholic. (and no, it wouldn't be polytheism) Most people commited suicide over Scientology's "self-discovery bad acid trip" bullshit after which they pay money for. Money=Happiness=Suicide? but being Non-conformist, I don't really care much about them, but I think the churches 'practices' should be reformed.

"Scientology isn't a religion, its a belief" -TrueAnarchist

Thoughts?

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
06-27-2009 08:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)
Re: Scientology: Is it a load of crap?

yes /thread
06-27-2009 08:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

thought criminal Wrote:yes /thread
WE HAVE A WINNER!

Hidden stuff:

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
06-27-2009 09:29 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

do I get a prize?
06-27-2009 10:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Given 30 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Water: is it wet?

The only good signature is a dead signature.
06-27-2009 11:14 AM
NowhereWoman Offline
Pariah

Given 11 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

What I hate about it is this sugar coating of it where they say 'it's about man surviving and helping his fellow man'
I don't even mind the 'you are an immortal spiritual being' part.
But I do mind that they hide the fact that they make people excommunicate their loved ones because the 'church' calls them bad.
Also, a lot of scientologists I've seen in videos act like 'oh, we're HELPING.
We were in 9-11, Katrina, etc.'
And I've seen the scientology tom cruise video
'when I go past a car accident, I know Im the only one who can help them.'
WTF?
It makes no sense, there are cult like aspects of it....
I don't know, I don't have anything against people practising it, but I do mind if the group is taking advantage of people.

An it Harm None, Do What Ye Will
An it Harm, Do Only What Ye Must

Lighten up! This life was made for experimenting, making mistakes, falling on our faces, and standing up to do it all over again.
Live for Learning.

Carla Franklin may be a whore. She may be a wonderful, kind, moral woman. Seeing as I don't know her personally, I cannot know for sure. However, I find her actions (suing Google, requesting the personal info of her critics, getting angry over random internet idiocy that she should ignore and be bigger than, trying to get this site in trouble because of a few users' commentary on the situation, etc.) pretty ridiculous and unwarranted. If she didn't want people to to be talking about/judging her, well 1. that's impossible, she's a human, and 2. she shouldn't have been a model or agreed to be on film. AND 3. she DEFINITELY shouldn't have sued Google and made all this fuss over a few random idiots whom she probably won't ever know expressing their opinion. Mmkay? MMKAY.
06-28-2009 12:45 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Quote:Water: is it wet?
No, it wets.

[Image: glorious666.png]
06-28-2009 12:49 PM
Fuckthesystem Offline
Revolutionary

Given 11 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPol_m8wm8Y

[Image: fuckthesystem.jpg]

"The seeds of oppression, will one day bear the fruit of rebellion."

-Anonymous

Also, I just realized I spelled "bear" wrong in my sig. I changed it, but, how disgraceful...

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... 550073.jpg
06-28-2009 04:43 PM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

I love Scientology, it makes me lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ
06-28-2009 05:45 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

The fact that they're a crazy cult doesn't make them inherently bad; there are plenty of those. The fact that they've killed dissenting members, blackmailed critices, and once tried to systematically eradicate any propaganda that insulted them, does.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
06-29-2009 09:24 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

And in other news, the sky is blue.
06-30-2009 04:21 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

XplodingNoggin Wrote:And in other news, the sky is blue.
Earth's atmosphere (sky) is only blue because it reflects the water that takes up 3/4 of the world's mass, and our water is blue, but water isn't blue, its see-thru, that means something else makes the sky blue, but what? Scratchchin

Its a conspiracy Suspicious

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
06-30-2009 04:25 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

To you, EVERTHING is a conspiracy.
06-30-2009 04:26 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

XplodingNoggin Wrote:To you, EVERTHING is a conspiracy.
The very THOUGHT of a conspiracy, is a conspiracy :<_<:

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
06-30-2009 04:27 AM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Quote:I don't know, I don't have anything against people practicing it, but I do mind if the group is taking advantage of people.

Anyone who gets taken advantage of by Scientologists... does not deserve respect. but they do deserve mental help.

06-30-2009 02:54 PM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Poop

06-30-2009 04:39 PM
Cilaos Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

Jesusaurisrex Wrote:Anyone who gets taken advantage of by Scientologists... does not deserve respect. but they do deserve mental help.
What about children born to $cientologist parents?
Dangerous cults tend to have far more extreme and damaging brainwashing techniques than mainstream religions.

I AM A THIEF IN THE NIGHT I WILL SAVE AS MANY AS I CAN

I KEEP THEM IN MY BASEMENT

I TELL THEM I AM THEIR MOMMY NOW
06-30-2009 04:40 PM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

good point. never mind the last two posts I made. never considered the brainwashing.

06-30-2009 04:49 PM
Zstriker Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

This is off topic, but I highly suggest listening to posts with microsoft text-to-speech. It's hilarious. Really though, I find the whole thing overly confuzing.

*Insert awesome signature here*
Goingcrazy
"You can fight with only 2 things, your wits and your weapons."-Zach Eckard
Soldier1-"Remember the Alamo!"
Soldier2-"Didn't everyone die at the Alamo?"
Soldier1-"Don't remember that part!"
06-30-2009 07:59 PM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Given 30 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

slAcker Wrote:
Quote:Water: is it wet?
No, it wets.
So scientology loads crap?

The only good signature is a dead signature.
06-30-2009 11:48 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Quote:"Scientology isn't a religion, its a belief" -TrueAnarchist

Um, I think you'll find it's the world's greatest pyramid scheme, actually. It also happens to be a pretty nasty cult. Why is it that? Let's have a look at the facts.

Declaring itself a religeon makes it tax free from the government.

L. Ron Hubbard said this:
"I'd like to start a religion. That's where the money is."
and
"If a man wants to make a million dollars, he should start a religion."

This was written by Hubbard about what to do about those who critized them:
Quote:(1) Spot who is attacking us.
(2) Start investigating them promptly for felonies or worse using own professionals, not outside agencies.
(3) Double curve our reply by saying we welcome an investigation of them.
(4) Start feeding lurid, blood, sex, crime actual evidence on the attackers to the press.
Don't ever tamely submit to an investigation of us. Make it rough, rough on attackers all the way. You can get "reasonable about it" and lose. Sure we break no laws. Sure we have nothing to hide. BUT attackers are simply an anti-Scientology propaganda agency so far as we are concerned. They have proven they want no facts and will only lie no matter what they discover. So BANISH all ideas that any fair hearing is intended and start our attack with their first breath. Never wait. Never talk about us - only them. Use their blood, sex, crime to get headlines. Don't use us. I speak from 15 years of experience in this. There has never yet been an attacker who was not reeking with crime. All we had to do was look for it and murder would come out.

In order to reach OT VIII you will have to spend $277,010. Yup.

Hubbard wrote this about auditing:

Quote:Take it cash in advance. Guarantee nothing. Make sure you stress its spiritual slant and value. Steer clear of promising cures. AND DON’T rush them into auditing. They’ll beg for it soon enough.
Actually do this to be of service to man. Try to give it away. You’ll find you can’t. Don’t use this just because it’s a ‘preclear getter’, it’s a lot more than that. It will put you in financial condition and get your church going.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_controversy

Still think it's a belief?
07-02-2009 03:46 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

"Scientology isn't a religion, its a distraction" -TrueAnarchist

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
07-02-2009 03:52 AM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

ummm, I need money, anyone want to join my religion? it believes that schooling is Satan and that Tuesday through Monday from January 1st to December 30th a religious holiday time, so you are all exempt from work. and school. we also are importing tax free toys from china and will enjoy our tax free lives selling them. and then you can be rich and do nothing because you joined my religion. for 5 bucks. cash only please.

07-02-2009 04:29 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Yep religions now adays are really thriving.

Jobs are vanishing and the economy is being cut up in a dark alleyway while people need something to hope for and put their faith in.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
07-02-2009 06:22 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

BELIEVING IN A MAGICAL BENEVOLENT DIETY WHO DOESN'T EXIST WILL MAKE ME FEEL BETTER
07-03-2009 02:26 AM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

I AM A MAGICAL DEITY! I AM REAL! FEEL BETTER!

07-03-2009 04:53 AM
teenagewasteland Offline
Revolutionary

Given 4 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

Had to post this
It explains Scientology... well Wasntme
07-11-2009 05:03 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

WAT
07-11-2009 11:47 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

It amuses me how TrueIdiot STILL thinks that Scientology isn't a cult.
07-13-2009 01:25 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

XplodingNoggin Wrote:It amuses me how TrueIdiot STILL thinks that Scientology isn't a cult.
This thread isnt ABOUT your Phail.

This is NOT Sparta, this is School-survival, take your faggotry somewhere else, xplodingnigger

and at what point did I say it wasn't a cult? It is...

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2012 08:04 AM by Sociopath.)
07-13-2009 09:13 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Scientology ads are popping up on YouTube. LiptomaticMate 29 7,854 12-14-2012 02:50 PM
Last Post: LiptomaticMate
  Scientology anonomous 68 13,243 09-14-2012 07:14 AM
Last Post: guts12