RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why
chaos2525 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
why

why do u hate communism give me a sensible reason and btw china is capitalist just few industries are controlled by the government and saying its a failed theory isnt a answer and dont give me an account of stalinism learn the difference
07-02-2009 04:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kylemw13 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)
Re: why

Too much government control, that simple for me.

The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced.
- Frank Zappa
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
- Clarence Darro
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
» I would like to live in Manchester, England. The transition between Manchester and death would be unnoticeable.
- Mark Twain
When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.
- Eric Hoffer
07-02-2009 08:54 PM
chaos2525 Offline
Revolutionary

kylemw13 Wrote:Too much government control, that simple for me.
yes but it controls the economy and if the government controls the economy the gap between the rich and poor decreases
07-02-2009 10:07 PM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

If you hate people controlling the economy so much, why support a system that lets a few massive corporations do the same thing? Really, is it any different? Communism and capitalism just shift the power from one small group's hands to another.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
07-02-2009 10:10 PM
chaos2525 Offline
Revolutionary

Rebelnerd Wrote:If you hate people controlling the economy so much, why support a system that lets a few massive corporations do the same thing? Really, is it any different? Communism and capitalism just shift the power from one small group's hands to another.
yes i agree communism is for the people and capitalism yes for the lucky few
07-02-2009 10:44 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

chaos2525 Wrote:
Rebelnerd Wrote:If you hate people controlling the economy so much, why support a system that lets a few massive corporations do the same thing? Really, is it any different? Communism and capitalism just shift the power from one small group's hands to another.

Fuck em both. Anarchy, Peace. Cool

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
07-03-2009 12:49 AM
chaos2525 Offline
Revolutionary

TrueAnarchist Wrote:
chaos2525 Wrote:

Fuck em both. Anarchy, Peace. Cool
anarchy means break down of social order
07-03-2009 12:50 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Government is unesscessary. Kings, queens, politicians, priests, emperors are all JUST people, why should they have control of other people? Human lives are far too important to leave in the hands of others.

Hidden stuff:

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
07-03-2009 12:56 AM
chaos2525 Offline
Revolutionary

TrueAnarchist Wrote:Government is unesscessary. Kings, queens, politicians, priests, emperors are all JUST people, why should they have control of other people? Human lives are far too important to leave in the hands of others.
yes but in anarchy we will be ruled by mobsters and people will be killed anarchy will encourage big corporations too rule us so there is no such thing as self rule
07-03-2009 01:00 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

chaos2525 Wrote:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:Government is unesscessary. Kings, queens, politicians, priests, emperors are all JUST people, why should they have control of other people? Human lives are far too important to leave in the hands of others.
yes but in anarchy we will be ruled by mobsters and people will be killed anarchy will encourage big corporations too rule us so there is no such thing as self rule
Firstly, mobs and gangs aren't bent on ruling territory, besides, there would be no territory to rule.

Secondly, Big corporations couldn't rule because money value would be gone, making money (which is really just green paper) worthless. People can work together to do it.

Be killed in Anarchy? Stop and be logical for a second, what makes someone want to kill others? I couldn't remember the last time someone killed another just for the fuck of it. People kill for money, to get away from authority so they can survive, or because they're mentally diseased (if they got back to nature instead of being held in institutions they would heal better and faster) but akll the reasons would be gone with Anarchy. Now, what KEEPS someone from killing another? Morals, Religion, Empathy.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
07-03-2009 01:09 AM
returnal Away
cold like minnesota (brrr!)

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)

chaos2525 Wrote:
Actually, he was attacking your opinion.

woah dude
dude woah
07-03-2009 01:10 AM
chaos2525 Offline
Revolutionary

TrueAnarchist Wrote:
chaos2525 Wrote:
Firstly, mobs and gangs aren't bent on ruling territory, besides, there would be no territory to rule.

Secondly, Big corporations couldn't rule because money value would be gone, making money (which is really just green paper) worthless. People can work together to do it.

Be killed in Anarchy? Stop and be logical for a second, what makes someone want to kill others? I couldn't remember the last time someone killed another just for the fuck of it. People kill for money, to get away from authority so they can survive, or because they're mentally diseased (if they got back to nature instead of being held in institutions they would heal better and faster) but akll the reasons would be gone with Anarchy. Now, what KEEPS someone from killing another? Morals, Religion, Empathy.
and sir do you think people will work toghther for devolopment we need collectivism but anarchy
Anarchist anthropologist David Graeber has distinguished the two philosophies as follows:
Marxism has tended to be a theoretical or analytical discourse about revolutionary strategy.
Anarchism has tended to be an ethical discourse about revolutionary practice

Anarchism and Marxism are related political philosophies which emerged in the nineteenth century. Both have many forms. Anarchists and Marxists have both struggled with idea of human liberation in society, and its achievement in industrial society by the working class. As working class movements Marxism and anarchism have been sometime allied and sometimes opposed groups. In particular revolutions there has been significant armed conflicts between Marxist and anarchist groups.

communism is a economy and anarchy can be obtaintend via communism cause what does communism means all means of production will be owned by the people the government can be etc
07-03-2009 01:19 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Anything with the government in it is Fail, the government is just trying too trick you into believing it so it can sneak behind you pounce. Anarchism and Marxism are not the same thing. Just because they may have a few things in common, dosent make them the same thing. Marxism would be a government, just a more free government, but not COMPLETLY free, not like Anarchy.

Quote:communism is a economy and anarchy can be obtaintend via communism cause what does communism means all means of production will be owned by the people the government can be etc
You must be thinking of Anarcho-communism

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
07-03-2009 01:55 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

TrueAnarchist Wrote:Firstly, mobs and gangs aren't bent on ruling territory, besides, there would be no territory to rule.
Unless you get rid of land, there will be territory to rule. Whenever governments have broken down you end up with warlords competing for control.

Quote:Secondly, Big corporations couldn't rule because money value would be gone, making money (which is really just green paper) worthless. People can work together to do it.
Would you rather have that or strongmen and warlords controlling access to critical resources such as water, food, and oil? I wouldn't.

Quote:Be killed in Anarchy? Stop and be logical for a second, what makes someone want to kill others? I couldn't remember the last time someone killed another just for the fuck of it.
All the time

Quote:
People kill for money, to get away from authority so they can survive,
Now instead they will kill for resources to gain authority and control. And those who fall under the control of these warlords will still kill to get away like you said.

Quote:or because they're mentally diseased (if they got back to nature instead of being held in institutions they would heal better and faster)
You can't heal a mental disorder. Besides, animals like chimpanzees kill their own kind all the time and they live in nature.

Quote:but akll the reasons would be gone with Anarchy.
Yes, and replaced with worse reasons.

Quote:Now, what KEEPS someone from killing another? Morals, Religion, Empathy.
Religion in theory should stop people from killing each-other, since all main religions preach that people shouldn't kill each-other, but warlords trying to gain control in lawless areas, such as areas in anarchy, manipulate religion to their advantage and to gain control, such as in Afghanistan and Somalia.

[Image: funny-gifs-wax-on-wax-owl.gif]
07-03-2009 02:02 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

john tuttle Wrote:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:Firstly, mobs and gangs aren't bent on ruling territory, besides, there would be no territory to rule.
Unless you get rid of land, there will be territory to rule. Whenever governments have broken down you end up with warlords competing for control.

Who's going to follow someone who wants to kill everyone? not me.
Quote:Secondly, Big corporations couldn't rule because money value would be gone, making money (which is really just green paper) worthless. People can work together to do it.
Would you rather have that or strongmen and warlords controlling access to critical resources such as water, food, and oil? I wouldn't.

One person defending 'their' resources versus thousands who need it? Nice odds.
Quote:Be killed in Anarchy? Stop and be logical for a second, what makes someone want to kill others? I couldn't remember the last time someone killed another just for the fuck of it.
All the time

Not as many as military and police kill
Quote:
People kill for money, to get away from authority so they can survive,
Now instead they will kill for resources to gain authority and control. And those who fall under the control of these warlords will still kill to get away like you said.

yet again, noone will follow them.
Quote:or because they're mentally diseased (if they got back to nature instead of being held in institutions they would heal better and faster)
You can't heal a mental disorder. Besides, animals like chimpanzees kill their own kind all the time and they live in nature.

thats because chimpanzees are unintelligent immoral creatures, they only live to survive. And what do u mean u cant heal a mental disorder? why would institutions be there if they couldnt heal them?
Quote:but akll the reasons would be gone with Anarchy.
Yes, and replaced with worse reasons.

those were ALL the reasons, so there are no more
Quote:Now, what KEEPS someone from killing another? Morals, Religion, Empathy.
Religion in theory should stop people from killing each-other, since all main religions preach that people shouldn't kill each-other, but warlords trying to gain control in lawless areas, such as areas in anarchy, manipulate religion to their advantage and to gain control, such as in Afghanistan and Somalia.
That only works when they're young, after their brain gets bigger and have more experience (NOT BEING AGEIST!) they understand more, so who would live with them in the first place? not me.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
07-03-2009 02:14 AM
chaos2525 Offline
Revolutionary

TrueAnarchist Wrote:Anything with the government in it is Fail, the government is just trying too trick you into believing it so it can sneak behind you pounce. Anarchism and Marxism are not the same thing. Just because they may have a few things in common, dosent make them the same thing. Marxism would be a government, just a more free government, but not COMPLETLY free, not like Anarchy.

Quote:communism is a economy and anarchy can be obtaintend via communism cause what does communism means all means of production will be owned by the people the government can be etc
You must be thinking of Anarcho-communism
maybe but what do you feel there always will be value even though price of a commondity is determined socialy and the anarchy will result to hoarding the main objective of anarchy is human liberation and so is marxism and plus marxism preaches equality and as john proved the exsitance of value and the Individualism and its forms of greed
07-03-2009 03:04 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Anarchy has a good thing going for them, why would they mess it up? If you lived in a world where there were no greed, hatred, or crime, why would you want to make it different? A time where you could have broken your t.v. so you could go to the neighbors and watch it with them, isnt this what Anarchy is all about? Yes.

Also, if you're going to bring up stealing (not saying you are tho) consider this: If you have a high-tech computer already, why would you steal from your neighbor even if you couldnt sell it for money and that you'd be taking from someone who needs it?

"Property is theft" (copyright claims, ideas and all, you'd be taking and calling it your own by robbing someone else of it)

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
07-03-2009 03:13 AM
chaos2525 Offline
Revolutionary

TrueAnarchist Wrote:Anarchy has a good thing going for them, why would they mess it up? If you lived in a world where there were no greed, hatred, or crime, why would you want to make it different? A time where you could have broken your t.v. so you could go to the neighbors and watch it with them, isnt this what Anarchy is all about? Yes.

Also, if you're going to bring up stealing (not saying you are tho) consider this: If you have a high-tech computer already, why would you steal from your neighbor even if you couldnt sell it for money and that you'd be taking from someone who needs it?

"Property is theft" (copyright claims, ideas and all, you'd be taking and calling it your own by robbing someone else of it)
as john proved value always exists in any form and in socialism the price of a comm is adjusted so marxism means sharing and anarchy is Individualism and not collectivism
07-03-2009 03:17 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Whatever you'd call it. Goods in Anarchy are distributed through need. everyone has what everyone else has, everyone has a fireplace, computer, etc.

And no, Anarchy is not Individualism thats apart of YET ANOTHER form of Anarchy, here's a list for you:

Anarcho-capitalism
Anarcho-syndicalism
Anarcha-feminism
Individualist anarchism
Anarcho-primitivism

whats your political stance anyway?

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
07-03-2009 03:29 AM
Swift Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

chaos2525 Wrote:

You have no idea what anarchy is, do you?

"I heard a joke once. Man goes to doctor says "I'm terribly depressed". Doctor says "I know just what you should do. Poliacci the clown is in town, go see him, you'll be cheered right up." The man bursts into tears. "But Doctor, I am Poliacci." Funny joke. Roll on snare drum. Everyone laugh."

-Rorschach

[Image: BANANAMAN.gif]
07-03-2009 03:37 AM
chaos2525 Offline
Revolutionary

Swift Wrote:
chaos2525 Wrote:

You have no idea what anarchy is, do you?

i do sir it means compulsary government is not needed i researched it 3 weeks ago but what i think marxism will do is reduce the gap between the rich and power and abolish all castes,classes and stuff
07-03-2009 03:46 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

So what? Anarchy does that AND MORE!

Law is not needed, law hurts people.

Consider this: back in 1980 (i think) a law was passed that required all drivers to wear seatbelts. know what happened then? the car accident mortality rate increased by 5%. why? because people feel more confident and drive more aggressively, iif we REMOVED that law, the mortality rate would go down, yet the Government refuses. care to explain the 'win' situation in this?

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
07-03-2009 03:52 AM
Swift Offline
Fanatic

Laws don't make a difference. People can still do illegal things.

"I heard a joke once. Man goes to doctor says "I'm terribly depressed". Doctor says "I know just what you should do. Poliacci the clown is in town, go see him, you'll be cheered right up." The man bursts into tears. "But Doctor, I am Poliacci." Funny joke. Roll on snare drum. Everyone laugh."

-Rorschach

07-03-2009 03:54 AM
chaos2525 Offline
Revolutionary

Swift Wrote:Laws don't make a difference. People can still do illegal things.
they prevent some of it we must make sure that every man has to 2 meals and water to drink so thats why we use socialism
07-03-2009 03:56 AM
Swift Offline
Fanatic

chaos2525 Wrote:
they prevent some of it we must make sure that every man has to 2 meals and water to drink so thats why we use socialism

I assume by we you mean the US, and saying we use socialism? Wtf The US is still from socialism, even if GM has been collectivized.

-Rorschach

07-03-2009 04:00 AM
chaos2525 Offline
Revolutionary

Swift Wrote:
chaos2525 Wrote:

I assume by we you mean the US, and saying we use socialism? Wtf The US is still from socialism, even if GM has been collectivized.
us no the third world
07-03-2009 04:03 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

TrueAnarchist Wrote:Whatever you'd call it. Goods in Anarchy are distributed through need. everyone has what everyone else has, everyone has a fireplace, computer, etc.

The problem is that some sort of organization, say, a government, is needed to distribute that. Just take a look at animals. Its natural to horde and keep stuff for yourself. Money may not exist, but that doesn't mean resources become worthless and everybody will start to share them.

[Image: funny-gifs-wax-on-wax-owl.gif]
07-03-2009 04:24 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

chaos2525 Wrote:they prevent some of it we must make sure that every man has to 2 meals and water to drink so thats why we use socialism
You're confusing anarchism with libertarianism. True anarchists oppose corporations too, since unequal distribution of resources is in itself a method of control. Anarchists have a long history of fighting against capitalism; don't let the "anarcho-capitalists" try to warp what the philosophy is really about.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
07-03-2009 07:13 AM
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

Anarchy, Minarchy

I like em both Biggrin

[Image: spooky-1.jpg]

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
07-03-2009 08:37 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

I find it amusing how TA thinks that the moment earth becomes an Anarchy, all the bad things about humans will dissapear and we'll all get together and everything will be just fine and we'll all work together in perfect harmony, and bravery and nobility will prevail at last, and this wicked world will slowly but surely become a place of cheerful harmony, and everyone will be singing and dancing like the littlest elf! A happy ending!

Is that what you had in mind?
07-04-2009 01:22 AM