RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me create the PERFECT MMORPG
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)
Re: Help me create the PERFECT MMORPG

The game needs to be very poorly designed, remember.
07-13-2009 03:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

Amortisatie Wrote:Ehh, first try Biggrin
Yo, Amortisatie, Ignore that muthafukka, that was some funny satire right there Razz

I still dont know who im gunna contact to make the game, help...?

(btw-whats 'system32'?)

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
07-13-2009 09:32 AM
Freeman Offline
Pariah

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

You were playing FREErealms and paid money for it? Not only do disney/kid/MMORPGs suck, but you paid money for it?
07-13-2009 03:18 PM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

I have programmed games in the past, but im not going to make a fucking MMO for you. people devote their entire lives to that stuff and then never finish. its really immpossible to make an MMO these days unless you own a big wig company. and just about all of them are developing their own MMOs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ
07-13-2009 05:26 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Freeman Wrote:You were playing FREErealms and paid money for it? Not only do disney/kid/MMORPGs suck, but you paid money for it?
i had to pay extra for bonus content, which, i just checked again, and it turns out, my comp was lagging that day, so my account didnt get hacked, YAY!

Jesusaurisrex Wrote:I have programmed games in the past, but im not going to make a fucking MMO for you. people devote their entire lives to that stuff and then never finish. its really immpossible to make an MMO these days unless you own a big wig company. and just about all of them are developing their own MMOs.
All those games just suck because theres a level-based hierarchy, in which ppl are too lazy to train their characters, THIS game won't have that, everyone is equal, victory is based on intelligence and tactics, NOT how long you've been playing. None

Hidden stuff:

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
07-13-2009 10:52 PM
Cilaos Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

Engrish needs to post moar lists.

I AM A THIEF IN THE NIGHT I WILL SAVE AS MANY AS I CAN

I KEEP THEM IN MY BASEMENT

I TELL THEM I AM THEIR MOMMY NOW
07-13-2009 11:37 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Zherneboh Wrote:Engrish needs to post moar lists.
George Bush has better ideas than her

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
07-13-2009 11:38 PM
Reptorian Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

Jesusaurisrex Wrote:I have programmed games in the past, but im not going to make a fucking MMO for you. people devote their entire lives to that stuff and then never finish. its really immpossible to make an MMO these days unless you own a big wig company. and just about all of them are developing their own MMOs.
How many years did you have experience in game programming and did you have work experience? How old are you?

ZZZ...
07-14-2009 12:43 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

I can't. I'm working on the OFFICAL TrueAnarchist MMORPG.
07-14-2009 12:47 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

XplodingNoggin Wrote:

I can't. I'm working on the OFFICAL TrueAnarchist MMORPG.
it would only be official if i consent to it, which i don't. therefore, its a fake.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
07-14-2009 12:56 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Quote:it would only be official if i consent to it, which i don't. therefore, its a fake.

Therefore, I'm not a girl, because I didn't consent to it.

Quote:Yo, Amortisatie, Ignore that muthafukka, that was some funny satire right there Razz

I still dont know who im gunna contact to make the game, help...?

That satire was about the game you're supposedly "making."
07-14-2009 12:57 AM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

Quote:How many years did you have experience in game programming and did you have work experience? How old are you?

started programming at twelve years old (hard to believe, but just goes to show how smart you can be without school) finished an arcade style game at thirteen and had the beginnings of a FPS and RPG (not mmo, online shit is a pain in the ass) by the time I was 15. but then I decided it was boring and really stopped programming, but I still play with it ever now and then. im seventeen now, so almost 2 years have passed since I "tried" on anything. I worked with other programmers in a community project once but that never really counted as a "job", so no work experience. I also have a few years of 3d modeling and computer graphic design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ
07-14-2009 03:27 AM
Reptorian Offline
Fanatic

Post your work in here and I am able to give you critiques on 3D modeling considering that I have experience in it. I'll PM you about something soon. Also, PM a link to your portfolio if you have any. I ain't hiring you, just one of my friend will be considering that.

ZZZ...
07-14-2009 06:49 AM
Stealth Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

No way you gonna make an MMORPG without serious dough.

First thing is you have to maintain servers and if you don't have good internet then throw this idea out of the window.
2.Updating if you can't constantly update your game time to time your gonna lose players no matter what.
3.You need a team to work on this.

Drum and Bass>>>>>>>>>Dubstep
07-14-2009 11:00 PM
Cilaos Offline
Fanatic

Don't discourage him, if he ever actually does try to make anything (He won't.), it'll fail so hard that it'll win.

07-14-2009 11:40 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Quote:Don't discourage him, if he ever actually does try to make anything (He won't.), it'll fail so hard that it'll win.

I'm seriously considering making what he would make, and then posting it here.

Any suggestions?
07-15-2009 12:36 AM
returnal Away
cold like minnesota (brrr!)

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)

USE GAME MEAKER

woah dude
dude woah
07-15-2009 12:41 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

"goes to download gmae meakr"
07-15-2009 12:43 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Zherneboh Wrote:Don't discourage him, if he ever actually does try to make anything (He won't.), it'll fail so hard that it'll win.
Fuck you, u dont know shit about shit, noone wants advice from YOU

-back on topic,
Stealth Wrote:No way you gonna make an MMORPG without serious dough.

First thing is you have to maintain servers and if you don't have good internet then throw this idea out of the window.
2.Updating if you can't constantly update your game time to time your gonna lose players no matter what.
3.You need a team to work on this.
I make quite alot of money, so that should be no problem, its how much time i have that i'm worried about, with parties, work and all that to check on it. 2-I'm not doing it MYSELF, I'm hiring ppl to do it for me, I just dont know who

Jesusaurisrex Wrote:
Quote:How many years did you have experience in game programming and did you have work experience? How old are you?

started programming at twelve years old (hard to believe, but just goes to show how smart you can be without school) finished an arcade style game at thirteen and had the beginnings of a FPS and RPG (not mmo, online shit is a pain in the ass) by the time I was 15. but then I decided it was boring and really stopped programming, but I still play with it ever now and then. im seventeen now, so almost 2 years have passed since I "tried" on anything. I worked with other programmers in a community project once but that never really counted as a "job", so no work experience. I also have a few years of 3d modeling and computer graphic design.
No way in hell I'd hire YOU. You'll find a way to fuck it up, you always do.

StylizedCarfan1 Wrote:Post your work in here and I am able to give you critiques on 3D modeling considering that I have experience in it. I'll PM you about something soon. Also, PM a link to your portfolio if you have any. I ain't hiring you, just one of my friend will be considering that.
uh...thanks but...no thanks, i kinda want to hire a seperate team

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
08-29-2009 12:35 AM
Reptorian Offline
Fanatic

TrueAnarchist Wrote:uh...thanks but...no thanks, i kinda want to hire a seperate team

That did not go to you. It goes to jesusaurisrex and I don't think that you're gonna hire an separate team so soon.

ZZZ...
08-29-2009 07:34 AM
Cilaos Offline
Fanatic

CrayolaColours Wrote:It was utter crap xD. It actually gave my computer a virus.
That's exactly what people will be saying about the OFFICIAL Trueanarchist MMORPG.

08-29-2009 09:48 AM
Milk2Go Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 29 post(s)

I've got some ideas:

1. Utilize the power of the in-house IW 4.0 engine and claim it as your own superengine. Fuck the fact that Infinity Ward created it and copyrighted it; this game is all about Anarchy.
2. The AI should remain unprogrammed and shouldn't be able to do anything. Ever.
3. The physics should be fucked up beyond belief a la Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.
4. Buildings should lack any kind of clipping.
5. The camera view should be top-down and should be like a fish eye lens, and should be glitchy and spin around at the most inconvenient times.
6. The weapons should be overblown and cartoonish, and should be able to violently kill people in the most gory way possible. After all, Anarchy is all about killing people you don't like, right? That's what TA says it is.
7. The only music in the game should be a 20-second long techno song that loops infinitely. There should be no sound effects at all.
8. You should be able to choose from a variety of different characters, including a black-clad arsonist, a 13-year-old newfag /b/tard who thinks "LOL OVER 9000" is still funny, and the man himself, TA: a dragon with an oversized dick to prove his superiority over the common man.
9. The graphics, albeit the fact that they're 3D, should be blocky, shouldn't be anti-aliased, should be rendered poorly, and should look like they came straight from some 13-year-old who has no idea how to use Photoshop or Maya.
10. The levels should be made in the Unreal Editor, the biggest toy of a level editor ever created. Due to the incompatibility between the Unreal Engine and the IW 4.0 engine, the levels should be converted to be compatible with the latter. However, texture and polygon data will be glitched severely, resulting in an all-around unplayable level.
11. There should be no mod tools for this game. Ever.
12. Servers should be cumbersome and difficult to set up, and require superservers because of the extreme number of AI in the level.
13. Enemies should include such evils like teachers, government officials, gormz, gayboyz, skool-suporters, and people who don't fit TA's definition of Anarchist.
14. The edges of the world should be viewable. Clipping should not be present in any level, meaning anyone can walk off of the world and into a giant null void.
08-30-2009 02:29 AM
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

Given 28 thank(s) in 23 post(s)

This is so fail that i'm not going to even bother feeding it. You can't just make an MMO appear, TA, it takes months and months of work and you must be willing to invest money into it. You also must be knowledgeable on many things that Xplodingnoggin listed, SO READ IT FAGGOT.

" I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. " ~From the television show The Wonder Years
08-30-2009 04:28 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Don't worry guys, the OFFICAL trueanarchist MMORPG is getting multiplayer support!

(my arse it is...)
08-31-2009 02:34 AM
Reptorian Offline
Fanatic

BobManPerson Wrote:I've got some ideas:

1. Utilize the power of the in-house IW 4.0 engine and claim it as your own superengine. Fuck the fact that Infinity Ward created it and copyrighted it; this game is all about Anarchy.
2. The AI should remain unprogrammed and shouldn't be able to do anything. Ever.
3. The physics should be fucked up beyond belief a la Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.
4. Buildings should lack any kind of clipping.
5. The camera view should be top-down and should be like a fish eye lens, and should be glitchy and spin around at the most inconvenient times.
6. The weapons should be overblown and cartoonish, and should be able to violently kill people in the most gory way possible. After all, Anarchy is all about killing people you don't like, right? That's what TA says it is.
7. The only music in the game should be a 20-second long techno song that loops infinitely. There should be no sound effects at all.
8. You should be able to choose from a variety of different characters, including a black-clad arsonist, a 13-year-old newfag /b/tard who thinks "LOL OVER 9000" is still funny, and the man himself, TA: a dragon with an oversized dick to prove his superiority over the common man.
9. The graphics, albeit the fact that they're 3D, should be blocky, shouldn't be anti-aliased, should be rendered poorly, and should look like they came straight from some 13-year-old who has no idea how to use Photoshop or Maya.
10. The levels should be made in the Unreal Editor, the biggest toy of a level editor ever created. Due to the incompatibility between the Unreal Engine and the IW 4.0 engine, the levels should be converted to be compatible with the latter. However, texture and polygon data will be glitched severely, resulting in an all-around unplayable level.
11. There should be no mod tools for this game. Ever.
12. Servers should be cumbersome and difficult to set up, and require superservers because of the extreme number of AI in the level.
13. Enemies should include such evils like teachers, government officials, gormz, gayboyz, skool-suporters, and people who don't fit TA's definition of Anarchist.
14. The edges of the world should be viewable. Clipping should not be present in any level, meaning anyone can walk off of the world and into a giant null void.

Fucking WIN for the comedy part! You sir win an free internet.

ZZZ...
08-31-2009 06:01 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

CrayolaColours Wrote:I tried that when I was 13. It was utter crap xD. It actually gave my computer a virus... Uhoh

It's not nessesarily a bad program.
09-01-2009 01:41 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Pieman Wrote:This is so fail that i'm not going to even bother feeding it. You can't just make an MMO appear, TA, it takes months and months of work and you must be willing to invest money into it. You also must be knowledgeable on many things that Xplodingnoggin listed, SO READ IT FAGGOT.
no thanks to jackasses like you, I'll do it myself. I need professionals, not scriptkiddies. whatever, production is starting now.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
09-01-2009 05:14 AM
Thor Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

Wow fags he comes with a grate idea and you guys are all like go away noob. so what if it will take a couple weeks to make it is still worth it.

ALL HAIL THOR THE THUNDER GOD LOL
09-05-2009 11:55 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Game Maker has GML, which is kinda like other programming languages.
09-09-2009 03:34 AM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

I have a few ideas.

1. No matter how good your connection is, every 2 minutes in the game the game abruptly ends with "The connection has been lost" and you have to pay $5 for reentry. If you don't pay then cables come out of the computer and rape you.
2. The only clothes your character can wear are pink dresses with the words "Twilight Iz Kewl" on them.
3. Lags so bad, you can't even move.
4. Every time you walk, you hit a hidden landmine and die, requiring $0.99 to continue.
5. No matter where you are, gangstarebel fllows you and pesters you with his "yew hav 2 shewt awl teh gawrms!!!!111".
6. It kills you.
7. Trueanarchist controls every aspect of the game, thus raping everyone's hopes of any happiness.
8. TA has over 5000 troll users on it that proceed to fuck up everything.
9. All over the game, there are signs that say "TrueAnarchist Is The Coolest", causing everyone to kill themselves.
10. All the background music is the worst rap imaginable.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
09-12-2009 03:39 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  MMORPG'S? Blobthe15 17 6,540 12-20-2011 12:18 AM
Last Post: Efs
  Let's create a new country Miller0700 11 4,196 11-11-2011 09:10 PM
Last Post: Efs
  Help me create the PERFECT MMORPG aaaaaaasd 12 2,348 09-29-2009 04:09 AM
Last Post: The Desert Fox