RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me create the PERFECT MMORPG
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)
Help me create the PERFECT MMORPG

I was recently banned from 'FreeRealms' for naming my guild "The Anarchist Sanction", and I was like "FUCK IT, ALL THAT TIME AND MONEY! ASSHOLE STEREOTYPISTS!"...and then it hit me, "I'm creative, smart and have an Eagle's eye view what the public REALLY WANTS! Why don't I create my OWN MMORPG?" cause lets face it, today's MMORPGS suck dick, I mean, think about it...

Runescape-censorship, abusive mods, pay-to-play-membership, shit graphics
FreeRealms-censorship, abusive mods, pay-to-play-membership
SecondLife-Mods, NEED TOO MUCH FUCKING REAL LIFE MONEY, no sound

So...what would the PEFECT MMORPG be like? well, first, it should be FREE, absolutely free, no membership, everyone gets the same rights as everyone else, equality. Secondly, NO PASSWORD RECOVERY SYSTEM, because you can get hacked by those easily, we'll just stress that you write it down on paper and memorize it. Third, ABSOLUTE FREE SPEECH, no filters. Fourth, forums and an online chat sytem. Fifth, it must be 3-D, AWESOME GRAPHICS!

I'll think of more Ideas later, and please DO HELP ME! I also need to know who to hire to create this game, cause I dont know shit about computers and electronic engineering. Confused

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
07-09-2009 11:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
returnal Away
cold like minnesota (brrr!)

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)
Re: Help me create the PERFECT MMORPG

wut cant we just haxxor club penyun

woah dude
dude woah
07-09-2009 11:36 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Newtown Wrote:wut cant we just haxxor club penyun
That site sucks my ass.

still thinking... Scratchchin

Hidden stuff:

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
07-09-2009 11:41 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

ok I got it!

Lets give players the ability to design their OWN character using graphics: make your person look like a plane, a walking banana, a dog! (or just a human) Give them a standard human figure at first, then LET LOOSE THE CREATIVITY by shifting it into a figure, then draw on clothes and choose different fabric: polyester, metal, grass clippings and the colors for it, so it becomes 3-D! Let them switch between characters on the fly! Yes Let them change the size of the character!

New Ideas to come Scratchchin ...

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
07-09-2009 12:22 PM
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

Make it during medieval or napolean time?

Err, idk anything else really

[Image: spooky-1.jpg]

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
07-09-2009 12:23 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Amortisatie Wrote:Make it during medieval or napolean time?

Err, idk anything else really
make the times simultaneous Yes (knights are cool, but then again, so are tanks.)

SOMEONE STICKY THIS! WE CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE THESE GREAT IDEAS!!

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
07-09-2009 12:32 PM
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

Err a knight vs. a tank?

Hopefully the tank will be really expensive Laugh, if not, I call the starfighter Biggrin

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
07-09-2009 12:36 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Amortisatie Wrote:Err a knight vs. a tank?

Hopefully the tank will be really expensive Laugh, if not, I call the starfighter Biggrin
Scratchchin good idea...

lets make a roster for the times, So like a Champion Knight will have the same strength as a special forces soldier Yes

the vehicles, a chariot can run ppl over and it'll have the same strength as a high quality tank that can also run ppl over, same attck same defense...

as for the soldier vs. knight though...we may need to give the knights an advantage (sword vs. gun? not likely Laugh )

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
07-09-2009 12:41 PM
chaos2525 Offline
Revolutionary

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

i think a text based game no download
07-09-2009 07:16 PM
Reptorian Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

Lack of sleep here. If you're going to develop an MMORPG game, then you should have knowledge of graphic capability, the graphic engines, website engine, the designing and planning since you haven't plan any, programming languages, music types and file, compatibility, legal stuff. For the record, drawing it like it was 2D to turn 3D will not allow proper 3D design and the body will be made of blob all over so you should paint it 3D rather than drawing it first as an approach to creating a suit in an simple way.

ZZZ...
07-09-2009 10:07 PM
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

StylizedCarfan1 Wrote:Lack of sleep here. If you're going to develop an MMORPG game, then you should have knowledge of graphic capability, the graphic engines, website engine, the designing and planning since you haven't plan any, programming languages, music types and file, compatibility, legal stuff. For the record, drawing it like it was 2D to turn 3D will not allow proper 3D design and the body will be made of blob all over so you should paint it 3D rather than drawing it first as an approach to creating a suit in an simple way.

True, I wouldn't want to be a blob, and maybe let the players play their own music, alot better than random crap that games (like runescape) throw into the mix.

― Neil deGrasse Tyson
07-10-2009 12:33 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

I have 20 simple suggestions for the OFFICAL TrueAnachist MMORPG.

1. The game should be built on the original DOOM egine.
2. The game's levels must be poorly made and the lighting must be glicthed.
3. You will play as one of TA's 12 year old idiot friends.
4. These friends, like TA, have no idea about anarchy, but they think it involves beating up teachers with baseball bats and destroying schools with arson.
5. The game involve you going through dungeons or "schools" and beating up the staff and destroying the school and its property.
6. Your spells will be based on dumb internet memes used by TA and his 12 year old friends.
7. The chat function has a word filter that will filter out any words that are real words in the english language, and thus U msut tyep liek dis, omgamirte?
8. There must be hilarious glitches in the game. Your characters must get stuck in walls frequently.
9. The bosses in the game (fat McDonald's food eating women who TA thinks is me) must be unbeatable/ or cause game crashes until TA gets round from pissing off the forum on School Survival to fix them.
10. The user interface (UI) will be designed by a 3 year old with crayons and glue.
11. The game must look like shit yet require a supercomputer to run it on.
12. The game can only be activated 5 times, after which you must convince TA to give you another 5 times.
13. In line with this modern anti-piracy protection,
the game also comes with SECUROM. The Ultra-Secure SecuROM that comes with the game automatically deletes all your disc-burning software-after all, what else were you going to use it for but for PIRATING GAMES!?
14. The average ping time in the OFFICAL TrueAnarchist MMORPG is aprrox 800 at the best of times and at peak usage goes from 3400 upwards.
15. The text said by NPCs must be poorly written and have grammatical errors. The text must frequently have the ends cut off, because TA was too lazy to use the enter key.
16. All the games graphics will be produced in MSPaint.
17. The game's difficulty curve must produce a shape so unnatural it will make your eyeballs bleed.
18. The sound effects will be made by TA.
19. The music will come from Kiss FM.
20. And finally, the camera. The camera must wheel around at the most innoportune moments, so you can't see your 12 year old anarchist get murdered by a teacher with CLAWS.

This is what TA's game will be like.
07-10-2009 01:00 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

its a good idea TA but this will just collapse into fail. you could just mirror rune scape or something and make another froogoo scape (which got closed sadly) with real registration and wilderness.
07-10-2009 01:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

thought criminal Wrote:its a good idea TA but this will just collapse into fail. you could just mirror rune scape or something and make another froogoo scape (which got closed sadly) with real registration and wilderness.
its not gunna be anything like those games, its gunna be GOOD.

also, tell xplodingnigger to stfu, she's not a very good troll, at all. I have some more ideas but i'll post later.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
07-12-2009 12:42 AM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Given 30 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

There already is one here.

The only good signature is a dead signature.
07-12-2009 12:47 AM
returnal Away
cold like minnesota (brrr!)

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)

Fire Elf Wrote:There already is one here.
Rickrolls fucking fail.
IT'S NOT 2007 ANYMORE

woah dude
dude woah
07-12-2009 12:57 AM
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

Newtown Wrote:
Fire Elf Wrote:There already is one here.
Rickrolls fucking fail.
IT'S NOT 2007 ANYMORE

― Neil deGrasse Tyson
07-12-2009 01:48 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

^glad i didnt click that link :biggrin:

Anyway, heres the foundation of the game:

Each Player is given a 'Private world', they'll start out with some supplies, establish a government, sculpt landscape, and build and design the buildings.They'll use the settings (NOT THE ACTUAL WORLD) for use in REAL battle, in the colosseum in the main world is where they will fight, as in a real-time strategy (NOT turn-based, It'll be LIVE, AND 3-D!) The collosseum will transport them to a randomized world where up to 6 players can fight at a time, money/resources will be rewarded for participating in the fight, with the winner getting the highest amount. Bets can be placed on these players by other players, but they don't have to watch the fight, they will just place the bet, then come back later to see if they've won.

In the event of a disconnection...

An AI will take over, if the player can reestablish connection, they shall be transported back into the fight, if the AI controls ALL of the players, the match will end, bets will be refunded. if the AI wins FOR YOU, you shall still recieve the reward.

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
07-12-2009 08:44 AM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

Quote:Lets give players the ability to design their OWN character using graphics: make your person look like a plane, a walking banana, a dog! (or just a human) Give them a standard human figure at first, then LET LOOSE THE CREATIVITY by shifting it into a figure, then draw on clothes and choose different fabric: polyester, metal, grass clippings and the colors for it, so it becomes 3-D! Let them switch between characters on the fly! Yes Let them change the size of the character!

Spore mmorpg?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ
07-12-2009 05:02 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

TrueAnarchist Wrote:I have some more ideas but i'll post later.

Some more ideas, you say?

21. The game costs about $19.99 to play each month, due its superiority over inferior MMOs.
22. However, in order to unlock MOAR weapons and armour (misspelled "rmor" in the game) to kill teachers (all teachers are evil and kill students, apprarently)
you will need to pay MICROTRANSACTIONS. These cost from $4.99 to $19.99
23. Registration involves a rigorous 20-step signup process, which will require you to restart you computer. TWICE.
24. Your firewall will detect this program as a virus.
Because it is.
25. It is impossible to remove the OFFICAL TrueAnarchist MMORPG, because it is installed to Ring 0, so SecuROM can fully bugger up your computer.
26. The control scheme is entirely unsuitable for Keyboard + Mouse. Or Gamepads. Or any game controller at all really.
27. The game has conflicts with every graphics card known to man. (Except the Intel GMA 950, which is quite ironic really.)
28. The game can be played offline, but it must be connected to the net before you start the game, which kinda removes the whole fucking point.
29. The game has a 1/2 chance of crashing when you defeat a boss. Upon reload, the game will act as if you had not defeated the boss.
30. The Final Boss is TrueArsehole himself. Never mind the fact that he's an "anarchist" who hates school. He has stupid overpowering attacks, and has 100,000,000 HP. (Well technically 99,999,999 HP, due to the fact that any higher will cause SYSTEM MELTDOWN.)
07-12-2009 09:57 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

TL;DR xplodingnigger

Dear God, this troll SUCKS, damn China just dosent make quality trolls anymore

Jesusaurisrex Wrote:
Quote:Lets give players the ability to design their OWN character using graphics: make your person look like a plane, a walking banana, a dog! (or just a human) Give them a standard human figure at first, then LET LOOSE THE CREATIVITY by shifting it into a figure, then draw on clothes and choose different fabric: polyester, metal, grass clippings and the colors for it, so it becomes 3-D! Let them switch between characters on the fly! Yes Let them change the size of the character!

Spore mmorpg?
no, its a draw-on character, not a click-and-drag character

but i do love spore

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
07-13-2009 12:19 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

lol wut? we would have fail ass stick men walking around.
07-13-2009 12:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

thought criminal Wrote:lol wut? we would have fail ass stick men walking around.
look, drawing characters using digital, high-tech 3-D graphics and size-imaging, how do u think they create characters in all the OTHER games? Giggle

Hidden stuff:

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
07-13-2009 12:26 AM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

oh okay. I thought you meant like "here is ms paint, make your character."
07-13-2009 01:07 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Quote:Dear God, this troll SUCKS, damn China just dosent make quality trolls anymore

I know. You fail as a troll.
07-13-2009 01:22 AM
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

Idk, I lol'd at engrish's list

Mind if I make a stupid list? Razz

― Neil deGrasse Tyson
07-13-2009 02:55 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Please, go ahead.
07-13-2009 03:07 AM
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

1. You also have to pay an extra $15 a month for the soundtrack which is the sound of an old man blowing his nose or a high pitched mosquito sound on a loop

2. The game constantly causes your processor to overheat for no reason, not even the best water cooling system can solve this

3. You can only play this game with a data transfer rate of 300mb a second, even then it still lags horribly

4. If you are lucky enough to be able to type to other players in this game, all of the keys are scrambled, so have fun trying to find the enter key

5. It is impossible to cancel your subscription, and if you try to, the server will install a virus which deletes system32 off of your computer

6. While playing this game, you will experience spikes of radiation exposure and lights will constantly flicker on and off

7. Everytime you log in, you must enter your social security number, credit card numbers, and any other personal information.

8. When installing the game (which takes several hundred hours to install a few KB of data) it also installs a cookie which transfers into your soul when you play the game and a satellite can track your every motion and position

9. and when it says "press any key to continue" you MUST press the 'any' key or else your computer restarts 3 times

That was fun lol

― Neil deGrasse Tyson
07-13-2009 03:20 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

A bit rediculous, but it's OK.

One day, I am so going to make the OFFICAL TrueAnarchist MMORPG.
07-13-2009 03:35 AM
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

Ehh, first try Biggrin

― Neil deGrasse Tyson
07-13-2009 03:38 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  MMORPG'S? Blobthe15 17 6,540 12-20-2011 12:18 AM
Last Post: Efs
  Let's create a new country Miller0700 11 4,196 11-11-2011 09:10 PM
Last Post: Efs
  Help me create the PERFECT MMORPG aaaaaaasd 12 2,348 09-29-2009 04:09 AM
Last Post: The Desert Fox