RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So... Ron Paul 2012.
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)
Re: So... Ron Paul 2012.

UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:
Quote:Ron Paul is the only candidate that is actually going to do something.

I have no faith in our government... he may try to do something but he won't be able to... maybe I am being unfair to our government and hopefully I can be proven wrong in this regard.
I'm personally an anarchist and normally I wouldn't vote. It is true that Ron Paul would not be able to do much of anything as president, but it's still a small step in the right direction of taking down our oppressive government.
[Image: in-your-face-demotivational-poster-1219791698.jpg]
[Image: bravery-demotivational-poster.jpg]

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
06-21-2011 12:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

I am an anarchist too... free market anarchist... but I give my votes to kids usually... meaning I ask my little cousins or kids I know if they want to vote... if they say yes I ask them for who and go vote for them... is that legal? lol Not that I care.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
06-21-2011 12:30 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Nothing personal anarchists but while anybody(and I mean anarchists included) have to rely on some figure to move things for them then its just nothing put a tiny grain of sand in and ocean of a desert(I know my comparatives suck).

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
06-21-2011 02:43 PM
Fanatic

HeartofShadows Wrote:Nothing personal anarchists but while anybody(and I mean anarchists included) have to rely on some figure to move things for them then its just nothing put a tiny grain of sand in and ocean of a desert(I know my comparatives suck).

Understandable... By the way I don't think anarchy means no leaders... and there are some cool anarchic institutions... (the Mises Institution comes to mind http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mises_Institute) but I do not think a stable anarchy has much of a chance of forming at a major scale in my lifetime... I do agree there will need to be leaders or figure heads... just ones who don't have the monopoly of violence behind them. In my crazy imagination a true, good anarchist society will come from intellectual revolution.

Live until you die
06-21-2011 02:57 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

More so what I meant is that people keep relying on these people to give them what they want and they'll get it.
Nothing won't change.. Still maybe I'm just being cynical.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
06-21-2011 03:10 PM
Fanatic

HeartofShadows Wrote:More so what I meant is that people keep relying on these people to give them what they want and they'll get it.

Ahh I see what you mean... yes of course that is a possiblity.. though I think a change in how people raise children can change that (yes I know I sound like a broken record lol)

Live until you die
06-21-2011 03:14 PM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

HeartofShadows Wrote:More so what I meant is that people keep relying on these people to give them what they want and they'll get it.
I agree with this statement. I do think people are relying on RP waaaaaayyyyy too much when they should be doing things themselves. People need to do waaayyy more than just vote. I also don't like the way most anarchists conduct their protests by causing chaos and blowing stuff up trying to be all badass. It doesn't really help the message. Thats why so many people want nothing to do with anarchy.

06-24-2011 04:52 PM
Fanatic

Quote:I also don't like the way most anarchists conduct their protests by causing chaos and blowing stuff up trying to be all badass. It doesn't really help the message. Thats why so many people want nothing to do with anarchy.

An anarchy that comes into existence because of violence will be short lived. Gangs will emerge and take over easily as people will look for someone/something that can keep them at least a little safe and secure. In other words I agree with you.

Live until you die
06-24-2011 04:55 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

He's retarded, and voting at all is an act of aggression.

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
06-24-2011 05:45 PM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

When Ron Paul stops running for prez im gonna do a write-in and put a picture of a troll face saying "problem, government?" in the ballot box. At least ill get a laugh.

06-26-2011 01:12 PM
NowhereWoman Offline
Pariah

Given 11 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Politicians are politicians.

I really like the stances Ron Paul has.
But I liked Obama's stances on the issues too.

I'm done with it. If I had to make a choice, I'd probably vote for Ron Paul, but I can't trust any of them to keep their damn promises. Either they won't because they lied to get elected, or they won't be able to because of the other legislative branches.

An it Harm None, Do What Ye Will
An it Harm, Do Only What Ye Must

Lighten up! This life was made for experimenting, making mistakes, falling on our faces, and standing up to do it all over again.
Live for Learning.

Carla Franklin may be a whore. She may be a wonderful, kind, moral woman. Seeing as I don't know her personally, I cannot know for sure. However, I find her actions (suing Google, requesting the personal info of her critics, getting angry over random internet idiocy that she should ignore and be bigger than, trying to get this site in trouble because of a few users' commentary on the situation, etc.) pretty ridiculous and unwarranted. If she didn't want people to to be talking about/judging her, well 1. that's impossible, she's a human, and 2. she shouldn't have been a model or agreed to be on film. AND 3. she DEFINITELY shouldn't have sued Google and made all this fuss over a few random idiots whom she probably won't ever know expressing their opinion. Mmkay? MMKAY.
06-26-2011 05:04 PM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

Shouldn't it go without saying that literally every single presidential candidate can and will make promises that they won't keep?

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
06-26-2011 05:13 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

Eh, I'll vote for him. I'm pretty sure voting is just for show, and he probably won't get elected, but fuck it. If he does get elected, I doubt he'll go back on his word. He never has before... If he does though, I'd just stay the fuck out of politics from then on.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
06-27-2011 07:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Given 296 thank(s) in 201 post(s)

I met Ron Paul.

And thus, I will do everything in my power to get this man elected just so I can say I shook the hand of a President. Not to mention, I am a libertarian.

[Image: nAOqYk7.png]

[Image: USVWSwj.png]
07-01-2011 02:22 AM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

[Image: amazing.png]

07-01-2011 11:44 PM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

Paul supports the gold standard, which is pretty stupid. Apart from that he is the best candidate besides Gary Johnson. Neither of them are gonna win, though.

[Image: funny-gifs-wax-on-wax-owl.gif]
07-24-2011 03:45 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

What's wrong with the gold standard? It worked there for a while...

Is there enough gold, though? Ya think? Maybe? Eh, I don't know shit about the gold standard. Sounds like a good idea to me, though.

Blog I post to now:

07-24-2011 03:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Absentinsomniac Wrote:What's wrong with the gold standard? It worked there for a while...

Is there enough gold, though? Ya think? Maybe? Eh, I don't know shit about the gold standard. Sounds like a good idea to me, though.

The US went through many economic booms and busts whilst on the gold standard - most notably the Great Depression. So it is a myth that the gold standard promotes stability.

What is wrong with it? Advocates for the gold standard are using faulty reasoning. Their ideology is that fiat money - what we have right now - is technically worthless since it is not backed up by anything beyond faith. But the same can easily be said of gold. There is no real reason why we should dig gold out of the ground only to lock it up in vaults and surround it with guards. It is no more useful than majority of elements. It is just that people like gold. So gold's value is based on faith, just like fiat currency.

07-25-2011 07:16 AM
Blobthe15 Offline
stereotypical agnsty teenager

John Tuttle Wrote:
Absentinsomniac Wrote:What's wrong with the gold standard? It worked there for a while...

The US went through many economic booms and busts whilst on the gold standard - most notably the Great Depression. So it is a myth that the gold standard promotes stability.

What is wrong with it? Advocates for the gold standard are using faulty reasoning. Their ideology is that fiat money - what we have right now - is technically worthless since it is not backed up by anything beyond faith. But the same can easily be said of gold. There is no real reason why we should dig gold out of the ground only to lock it up in vaults and surround it with guards. It is no more useful than majority of elements. It is just that people like gold. So gold's value is based on faith, just like fiat currency.

But we can't print gold, we can't just make it on demand. Sure we can mine it and smelt it, but that takes effort to do.

Then again, why gold? Why not something like food? Gold's only "true" purpose is in electronics and spacecraft, past that it's mostly medals and money.

Hidden stuff:
Rebelnerd:
Again, I agree with you. School does teach you things. And once again, you are missing the point entirely. It's not that I disagree with school's mission or the things it teaches. What I object to is that the students are deprived of any choice in the matter. As benign as the intentions may be, any system that forces people into an environment where they have no say in their lives is a situation ripe for abuse of power.

I am Blobthe15, creator of threads that die too quickly.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: 58jT6.gif]
Weswammy Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Down with Soulriser! It is time for the God of Gods to become the Fallen God of Fallen Gods!
You'll end up like Prometheus, chained to a rock with a bird eating your internal organs.

Or as close as that can be recreated on an internet forum.
[Image: oC8W8.png]

(02-08-2012 01:06 PM)Lunatic Wrote:  everyone says emo is like a music style or hair stile or clothing or cutting yourself but i think its like a sexuality just like being gay but a different kind of gay just like transexuals you know
07-25-2011 02:10 PM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Blobthe15 Wrote:But we can't print gold, we can't just make it on demand. Sure we can mine it and smelt it, but that takes effort to do.

Then again, why gold? Why not something like food? Gold's only "true" purpose is in electronics and spacecraft, past that it's mostly medals and money.

True but all of human history from the Romans till the Depression shows that gold can be manipulated easily.

07-25-2011 03:46 PM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

What if we used gps instead of paper $$$$. That would be fun.

07-25-2011 07:58 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

gore goroth Wrote:What if we used gps instead of paper $$$$. That would be fun.

What the fuck? How would that even worK?

High sir, I'd like to exchange 3 global positioning systems for my groceries for the day... How's that sound?

Blog I post to now:

07-25-2011 10:31 PM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

John Tuttle Wrote:
Blobthe15 Wrote:But we can't print gold, we can't just make it on demand. Sure we can mine it and smelt it, but that takes effort to do.

True but all of human history from the Romans till the Depression shows that gold can be manipulated easily.
Gold can be manipulated. Bad money drives out good money, it's a law of economics.

But with gold, or silver, or a bimetallic standard there is some limit on how it can be manipulated. With paper, there is none. It wasn't until fiat was adopted that we saw hyperinflation in countries.

07-25-2011 11:32 PM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Absentinsomniac Wrote:

High sir, I'd like to exchange 3 global positioning systems for my groceries for the day... How's that sound?
G.P., as in gold peices, u know, coins. Silver and copper too.

07-26-2011 12:36 PM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

gore goroth Wrote:
Absentinsomniac Wrote:

G.P., as in gold peices, u know, coins. Silver and copper too.
nigga this isnt wow
07-26-2011 12:50 PM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

At least gold coins would have real value instead of paper with value set by the government.

07-26-2011 05:37 PM
Bob Dole Offline
Fanatic

Given 23 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

gore goroth Wrote:At least gold coins would have real value instead of paper with value set by the government.
So... you're proposing that we use shiny pieces of metal that are held to have some sort of arbitrary value by a significantly large group of people instead of pieces of paper and cloth that are held to have some arbitrary value by another significantly large group of people?

K
S
07-26-2011 07:04 PM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

Z҉A҉L҉G҉O̚̕̚ Wrote:
gore goroth Wrote:At least gold coins would have real value instead of paper with value set by the government.
So... you're proposing that we use shiny pieces of metal that are held to have some sort of arbitrary value by a significantly large group of people instead of pieces of paper and cloth that are held to have some arbitrary value by another significantly large group of people?
Yes, because there is some limit on how the supply of the shiny pieces of metal can be expanded, while the tiny pieces of paper are much easier to expand the supply of. It's because, under the current system, the Fed doesn't even have to really print paper (which is still much easier than mining gold), they just have to add zeros into the accounts of banks. Electronically.

07-26-2011 10:55 PM
thewake Offline
Unconstructive

[Image: Ron_Paul_is_a_badass_Infinite_Picdump_15...112861.jpg]

07-27-2011 04:34 AM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

Weswammy Wrote:[Image: Ron_Paul_is_a_badass_Infinite_Picdump_15...112861.jpg]
This, your avatar, and your rank combined made me giggle like a motherfucker.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
07-27-2011 04:43 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  LET'S TAKE RON PAUL TO THE WHITE HOUSE Moneyfuskie935 107 49,666 05-12-2012 09:43 AM
Last Post: Sociopath
  Ron Paul confirmed for wizard: all his 2002 predictions come true aaaaaaasd 38 18,443 04-02-2012 10:59 AM
Last Post: Sociopath
  Ron Paul Openly Calls GOP Election Fraud UnschoolShqiponjë 4 2,792 03-13-2012 07:36 AM
Last Post: thewake
  Intelligent YouTube quote about Ron Paul. Sapphire Flames 33 19,143 02-04-2012 11:21 AM
Last Post: The
  Even if Ron Paul gets Republican Nomination Sapphire Flames 18 6,084 02-04-2012 10:56 AM
Last Post: Sapphire Flames
  Ron Paul Should Be The Next President Of The United States Luizao876 21 10,240 01-30-2012 02:19 PM
Last Post: Absnt
  Rand Paul detained by TSA Sunbourn 11 4,896 01-25-2012 09:02 AM
Last Post: Sapphire Flames
  2012 thewake 143 24,330 01-16-2010 09:09 AM
Last Post: Loxor
  Ron Paul vs Bill O'Reilly John Tuttle 14 3,748 12-02-2008 03:21 AM
Last Post: random_name
  Ron Paul PIMP. 38 4,917 05-06-2008 01:51 PM
Last Post: youvebeenthunderstruck