RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God is he real and divine or a fake piece of carp
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)
Re: God is he real and divine or a fake piece of carp

Tonight I will pray before I go to bed. If nothing happens, then I will remain an agnostic. If God answers my prayers, I will immediately renounce him for helping a white, middle-class American teenager and not the billions of starving people who need it, and continue fighting for scientific progress so that we never need to rely on a cruel freak like God ever again.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
07-25-2009 09:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dark Soul X Offline
Fanatic

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

As an agnostic person, my belief is that proof of God's existence can't be proven by mankind. The Christian Faith believe in His/Her existence without proof, thinking that The Holy Bible holds all (or nearly all, I've never read it) their answers. However, The Holy Bible was writen by MAN, not God. Therefore, The Holy Bible is The Word of Man, NOT The Word of God.

Who knows if God actually exists? No one can prove God's existence or non-existence to be a fact. For all we know, Christianity could very well be a front, some kind of scheme to keep the population going (hence the hatred and bias against homosexuals, because they can't naturally conceive), which is something I'm leaning towards to in believing.

God is one the greatest mysteries in the world, provided He/She actually exists. This Higher Being shows no presence of His/Herself, and thus, this discussion here.

I'm starting to believe that the existence of God can't be proven, but I can't say that, because I don't know if this can or can't be proven as true or false. It's all up to time and fate.

Spambot Kill Counter: 33
Spambot Kill Counter as Spambot Hell's Devil: Countless

Buying a high powered computer: 500 bucks
Getting gift wrap: 10 bucks maybe
Seeing the horror on that special someone's face once they tear off the gift wrap and see a Windows 98: Priceless.

[Image: Spawn_Classic.jpg]

I'll see you in Hell....AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
07-26-2009 01:12 PM
~Mystery~ Offline
Fanatic

Given 22 thank(s) in 18 post(s)

I'm interested to hear how you guys define God.

Here is how I see it. whatever created what we see in ourselves and in nature is "God". Like the author of a book. all books seem to have an author.my explanation for this is in our existence and that life had to come in somehow by something and that something has the honors of being called the Creator, energy, will, divinity, big bang, or whatever form "god" took to create the present reality because of its inherit beauty and complexity.

So to sum it up my reasoning that god exists is through the presence of religion itself, pretty much every culture no matter how isolated had religious beliefs which I believe were gifts from the goddess as a way to show us her love for us. This along with the beauty of nature inspires me to either believe in a Divine or to admit to myself that I won't ever understand how all this came to pass.

So to me the Divine is all that gives me strength that I don't yet understand.

nothing more, I don't believe in a any religious "dogma" or hell or Satan. And I would not under any circumstance push 'my' moral beliefs on anyone.

but I do believe in honoring the presence of what we see right now in front of us on our planet. one thing among many we all have in common.

People act unaware that the human body is a walking pharmacy![Image: rolleyes.gif]~David Icke~
Religion was invented to keep the poor from harrasing the rich"~Napoleon Bonaparte~
Do As Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole of The Law! ~The Secret Order of Thelema~
"Respect goes to those who do not want it" ~TrueAnarchist~
"The only limitations that a person has are those that are self-imposed." ~Unknown!~
“Attraction is an emotion.~Dr. Alex~
“Life is an illusion albeit a very persistent one” ~Albert Einstein

I Am A Messenger From The Seduction Community!
Mint Member
07-26-2009 04:55 PM
youpplrsogay Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

How I define god is A force that created everything not a she/he but an It. A force so divine it doesn't need a maker. But then again i don't believe that something like that is truly out there. I mean how is something just there without it being made? Honestly i mean to just appear out of nothingness. To begin to unravel the very aspect of that is completely stupid. it throws out the the studies of human beings for the last 3 centuries. For everything to be answer with one answer like "God made it" its completely ridiculous.
07-27-2009 11:03 AM
Nah Offline
Pariah

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

And if this creator actually created everything, including time, then why would it need a beginning?
07-27-2009 12:16 PM
Milk2Go Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 29 post(s)

Maybe it wasn't a god that created us?
07-28-2009 01:41 PM
youpplrsogay Offline
Revolutionary

Exactly what Im trying to say why do we all assume that only a "god" can create everything. All the religions out there expect buddhism is based around one or more gods creating everything.
07-28-2009 03:20 PM
maxh Offline
Revolutionary

All major religions, perhaps, but not in my own.

Carla Franklin has never denied that on the afternoon of the third of August 2006 she raped and killed sixteen children celebrating their friend's fifth birthday and forced their parents to share a dinner of their remains.

If a teacher you don't know tries to bust you for something, just tell them "Jsem výměnný student, nemluvím anglicky. Tak jdi do prdele ty posranej hajzle, tvoje matka je kurva!", then send me money.
07-28-2009 04:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
youpplrsogay Offline
Revolutionary

And what might your religion be kind sir?
07-29-2009 04:36 PM
Bob Dole Offline
Fanatic

Given 23 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

<nitpick>"A fake piece of carp?" Is God a fish?</nitpick>

Y'know, my personal stance on the issue has always been that I don't care if there's a god or not. Quite frankly, I'm content to live out my life and help other people when I can.

if God == True:
if God.personality == "good":
print "I figure he'll let me into Paradise regardless of whether I believed in him or not."
elif God.personality == "evil":
print "I'd rather burn in Hell than serve a tyrant."
elif:
print "Well, then, I guess it doesn't matter."

Note: Yes, I know it's not all syntactically correct. I'm not putting escape characters in and confusing the bajeezus out of people.

K
S
07-29-2009 04:51 PM
~Mystery~ Offline
Fanatic

maxh Wrote:All major religions, perhaps, but not in my own.

this

People act unaware that the human body is a walking pharmacy![Image: rolleyes.gif]~David Icke~
Religion was invented to keep the poor from harrasing the rich"~Napoleon Bonaparte~
"The only limitations that a person has are those that are self-imposed." ~Unknown!~

Mint Member
07-29-2009 06:01 PM
Nah Offline
Pariah

If god is good, he is also just. If he is just, he has to punish evil. If he is good, than anything less than him evil, and must be punished.
07-29-2009 07:43 PM
~Mystery~ Offline
Fanatic

I think morality is a social construct.

Mint Member
08-09-2009 05:53 AM
Nah Offline
Pariah

And if it came from god?
08-09-2009 01:47 PM
Jesusaurisrex Offline
Fanatic

Given 19 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

I read Nietzsche, and am a supporter of his views on religions and morality. I believe that every major religion was from the beginning, essentially and fundamentally, life's nausea and disgust with life, merely concealed behind, masked by, dressed up as, faith in "another" or "better" life.

I personally am agnostic, but I hate the christian faith with a passion.

"When we hear the ancient bells growling on a Sunday morning we ask ourselves: Is it really possible! This, for a jew, crucified two thousand years ago, who said he was God's son? The proof of such a claim is lacking. Certainly the Christian religion is an antiquity projected into our times from remote prehistory; and the fact that the claim is believed - whereas one is otherwise so strict in examining pretensions - is perhaps the most ancient piece of this heritage. A god who begets children with a mortal woman; a sage who bids men work no more, have no more courts, but look for the signs of the impending end of the world; a justice that accepts the innocent as a vicarious sacrifice; someone who orders his disciples to drink his blood; prayers for miraculous interventions; sins perpetrated against a god, atoned for by a god; fear of a beyond to which death is the portal; the form of the cross as a symbol in a time that no longer knows the function and ignominy of the cross -- how ghoulishly all this touches us, as if from the tomb of a primeval past! Can one believe that such things are still believed?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXMA34CeoQ
08-15-2009 04:11 PM
aerftghyjk Offline
Fanatic

Given 17 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

Hopefully I won't get flamed for this Laugh

I believe in God, but

youpplrsogay Wrote:Now why I posted this I kinda just wanted to talk about it cause even though we wouldn't find out if "god" is real or not yet i want the closest possible answer

Apparently you want the closest possible answer. Well, some people will tell you he isn't real, others will tell you he isn't. You should decide.
08-17-2009 04:06 AM
mudkip liek Offline
Fanatic

Given 10 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

sio Wrote:Well, some people will tell you he isn't real, others will tell you he isn't. You should decide.

So given those two choice, he isn't. Razz
08-21-2009 03:54 AM
Liquid Offline
poison - do not drink

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

chemistry hater Wrote:
sio Wrote:Well, some people will tell you he isn't real, others will tell you he isn't. You should decide.

So given those two choice, he isn't. Razz

I've decided that Justin isn't real. Justin's own view on whether he exists or not is irrelevant. Everyone has to decide for themselves.

//

[Image: techhoops5.jpg]
08-27-2009 03:00 AM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

Liquid Wrote:I've decided that Justin isn't real. Justin's own view on whether he exists or not is irrelevant. Everyone has to decide for themselves.

Lul
08-28-2009 01:28 AM
Invalid Name Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

I don't believe in him. I can't see why otherwise intelligent people seem to take a bunch of 2000 year old desert scribblings as "divine truth".

Although we can't exactly disprove God, we can't prove him either. I could claim that the Earth's core is inhabited by dancing pink fairies, and we wouldn't be able to disprove that, but you wouldn't believe it would you?

However if he is real, then he clearly either doesn't give one flying fuck about us, or he is a psychopathic sadist.
08-28-2009 06:10 AM
spookycloud Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

I was wondering today about why Buddha said the question of whether God exists or not is irrelevant to attaining enlightenment. Maybe when anticipating God and heaven, we like to think big to compensate for the fact that we feel so small, seeking grandiosity because we fear mediocrity, but that is attachment to delusion. Almost as if the nature of reality has nothing to do with our beliefs...

I've grieved over my fair share of emotional hangovers, I've felt so depressed after euphoric concerts that I'm not sure I want to be waiting for the rest of my life for "something better" when I could be trying to find the source of contentment right here, right now in all the little, mundane things I'm a part of, which are connected to a greater whole.

Anthropomorphism is a likely explanation. Our beliefs can help us as archetypes do, and this is how we take refuge in ourselves.

Here is an interesting theory on the schizophrenic god:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicameralism_(psychology)
And this is an interesting take on the different paradigms of God:
http://www.michaelteachings.com/soul_age...ities.html
I love the old soul description, that perspective is so liberating compared to superstitions that external forces punish us so much more than our own reactions.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
09-22-2009 07:57 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

I just believe in a God that loves me, none of that Generalization of moronic, mislead Christians

[Image: jesus-heart-43%5B1%5D.jpg]
I present to you, Jesus. Pure and Divine, uncorrupted.

(none of those dumbasses who post raptor jesus cause they think being an athiest suddenly makes them 'cool'. and they try to express their 'individualism' even though they're untalented, useless pieces of crap who use other's content to 'express' themselves)

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
09-23-2009 12:33 AM
youpplrsogay Offline
Revolutionary

TrueAnarchist Wrote:I just believe in a God that loves me, none of that Generalization of moronic, mislead Christians

[Image: jesus-heart-43%5B1%5D.jpg]
I present to you, Jesus. Pure and Divine, uncorrupted.

(none of those dumbasses who post raptor jesus cause they think being an athiest suddenly makes them 'cool'. and they try to express their 'individualism' even though they're untalented, useless pieces of crap who use other's content to 'express' themselves)

LoL another on of those hardcore Christians. Being atheist isnt considered cool its actually rebelling against what most people believe in. You think that hes all divine? Does it really make fucking sense that "god" will let you burn in "hell" if you live your life as a good person doing all that is right but not believing in him? Thats just a bunch of bullshit if he really was "divine" then he wouldnt give a fuck what we did but enjoy the fact that his creations amount to good things and that some people actually believe in him. I'm sorry if you get angry at me but this is pretty much the truth
09-30-2009 10:29 AM
~Mystery~ Offline
Fanatic

85% of US Citizens are Christians.

Right or wrong it is fair to say atheists are pioneers in a conditioned world full of social conformity.

Mint Member
09-30-2009 10:49 AM
youpplrsogay Offline
Revolutionary

Mystery Wrote:85% of US Citizens are Christians.

Right or wrong it is fair to say atheists are pioneers in a conditioned world full of social conformity.

Suspicious Exactly so how it is considered "cool"? That is why I'm Buddhist its not one of those you don't believe you'll burn in hell religions........
10-05-2009 03:23 AM
Spot-ify Offline
Pariah

[Image: x0y368.jpg]

I used to be "The circus" as I forgot my login, but then hey-ho I remembered it.
10-05-2009 05:57 AM
Alucard483 Offline
Site Mod

Given 92 thank(s) in 65 post(s)

He is real, however he just doesnt give a damn

Whilst some work diligently there are those who ask why. I am one of them
(\__/) This is Bunny. Paste Bunny into your signature
(='.'=) to help him gain world domination.
(")_(")
Soul#2: I already have a grip. Doc:and a porno mag and a tube of lube I'm sure"
Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
This has been a test of the emergency pointless argument system. Had this been a real pointless argument, someone would have been called a facist.
Ceiling Cat: For that you need to wear a fursuit, though.

Inside sources say that Carla Franklin has had more dick in her than a public urinal.
10-05-2009 06:03 AM
youpplrsogay Offline
Revolutionary

Alucard483 Wrote:He is real, however he just doesnt give a damn

Debatable my brother
10-05-2009 09:02 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Mystery Wrote:The Godess will reveal her strength to those who are open to accept it. She loves us all no matter what,

hell is a myth, and satan is a piece of shit designed by the misanthrope.

We honor the Godess because we are amazed at what we have, not because some false prophet *died to "save" us*

the only thing us wiccan believe is
"Do as though wilt and harm ye none"

Me, I believe in God, but not like the Church says it. I believe woman have all the right to speak out in church, I don't flame people that they're going to go to hell for anything. I don't follow any church.

[Image: glorious666.png]
10-10-2009 12:27 PM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Given 11 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

He is Carp for sure.

Anything that ever happened or will... one condition, it has to be amazing.

I gave her wings but she don't wanna fly no more.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
10-10-2009 01:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Whats wrong with Carp (And what it has to do with the Kids) happy fool called Nigel 8 2,377 01-23-2008 10:49 AM
Last Post: happy fool called Nigel