RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homeschooling troubles
Trar Away
R.I.P.

Given 189 thank(s) in 125 post(s)
Homeschooling troubles

So, my mother pulled me out of public school because she FINALLY saw my plight (I hated it). I missed a lot of days that year, and I had to make all of it up for some reason (77 days to meet the minimum). So I take some schoolbooks home but only get half of it done because I was still doing the same shit that made school so unenjoyable. I had to take them back on the last day of school, and now it's summer. Of course i'm having a good time, but my mother still says I need to complete the 77 days. She doesn't expect me to do anything in the summer, but come Fall i'm not sure what to do, or what to expect. I mean...will my mother pick some homeschool curriculum that does everything for her? Will we start over and make our own curriculum? Will I have to go back to public school? Will she be a crazed Nazi in terms of demeanor or will she be nice about it? I know there's going to be lots of trouble, and she probably will try and force more Draconian piles of boring "schoolwork" on me just like in public school.

I know that seemed disjointed, but i'm really worried about what might come next fall.

I wrote a rant too:

Hidden stuff:
Never mind the fact that I already did at least a week's worth of work, you cunt. Never mind that the only thing keeping me from killing myself was the hope of escaping that Orwellian void you call "school", never mind it's not benefiting myself AT ALL! Nope, instead of focusing on true education, you just want to force more shit on me while you sit back and chainsmoke and play vidoegames, while not solving any other problems in my life. You think that those little numbers you call "grades" are soooooo important, and you continually force shit on me because you're too fucking scared of the big bad government to get you if I don't do anything. Fuck you, bitch.
07-24-2009 03:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
username01462781 Offline
Pariah

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)
Re: Homeschooling troubles

Personally I would of stayed in school so you get more of a chance to hangout with your friends and preach how much school sucks. But then again that's why you turned to homeschooling in the first place.

Whatever feels best for you and will help your future more, go for it.
07-24-2009 04:08 PM
Trar Away
R.I.P.

Given 189 thank(s) in 125 post(s)

linki Wrote:Personally I would of stayed in school so you get more of a chance to hangout with your friends and preach how much school sucks. But then again that's why you turned to homeschooling in the first place.

Whatever feels best for you and will help your future more, go for it.
It's kind of 50-50. School is horrible but it guarantees me a piece of paper that will probably get me at least a bit of cred, plus friends. Homeschoooling is better but i'm really unsure of my future with this path. It has a wider margin for success...and for error too. And they never listen to my sayings about how school fails anyway. They're too indoctrinated.
07-24-2009 04:11 PM
username01462781 Offline
Pariah

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Yeah, I see what you mean. Homeschooling may feel better, but even if school might be the equivalent to Hell on Earth, you have more chance of success.

Hopefully this school "revolution" will start soon so people like us will be successful even if we drop out.
07-24-2009 04:16 PM
Fire Elf Offline
Fanatic

Given 30 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

The best way to kill a revolution is to wait for it. If we want a revolution, we'll have to get out there, and start it ourselves.

The only good signature is a dead signature.
07-24-2009 11:15 PM
xxmandyx91xx Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I was 100% Home-Schooled/Unschooled all of my life. Never been within several yards of a school. I hated it earlier in life, because I believed in the fairy-tale school they tell about on TV. When I learned what school really is, I became more proud to be Home-Schooled then anyone out there.

I think that as long as whoever is doing it isn't controlling or fascist or strict or anything like that, it really should be the only way in my opinion.

What about socializing?

We don't socialize. Yeah, it's a rule. We have to live in caves with our ears and eyes covered with fucking bees! Why oh WHY does everyone ask that?!?!?!? Yuck I have plenty of friends and a boyfriend. I think I did pretty well for someone home schooled by an Anti-social.

Fire Elf Wrote:The best way to kill a revolution is to wait for it. If we want a revolution, we'll have to get out there, and start it ourselves.

A-Fucking-Men. Hug So many times I've wanted people to realize that. I'd tell of one time where I wished a certain someone would realize that, but that would be getting off subject.

[Image: lunapic1265644319567752.gif]
Refuse to be a sheep in wolfs clothing.
11-21-2009 12:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IllusoryDeath Away
~become away~

Given 8 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

[quote="xxmandyx91xx"]
We have to live in caves with our ears and eyes covered with fucking bees!

....bees? o_0
11-22-2009 03:28 AM
xxmandyx91xx Offline
Rebel

IllusoryDeath Wrote:
xxmandyx91xx Wrote: We have to live in caves with our ears and eyes covered with fucking bees!

....bees? o_0

Yeah, they're noisy and they sting. Very distracting.

11-22-2009 10:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ahab Offline
Machine Gnome

Given 25 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

youd have a better chance at beating the system in a public school than a maternal driven prussian autocracy.

"If you think you know what the hell is going on, you're probably full of shit." - Robert Anton Wilson
12-02-2009 02:06 AM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

xxmandyx91xx Wrote: We have to live in caves with our ears and eyes covered with fucking bees!

Holy Fuck, really?

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
12-02-2009 03:31 AM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Given 11 thank(s) in 10 post(s)

The Desert Fox Wrote:

Holy Fuck, really?

SOunds like fun.

Anything that ever happened or will... one condition, it has to be amazing.

I gave her wings but she don't wanna fly no more.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
12-02-2009 03:32 AM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

No thanks, I'd rather deal with japanese hornets.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
The Desert Fox Wrote:I thought when I downloaded it it was already emulated.
zagix Wrote:I'm stuck to the fagarena because I'm a fag
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
12-02-2009 03:33 AM
xxmandyx91xx Offline
Rebel

Ugh, I hate this bee talk. I have a serious phobia of bees and wasps. I have nightmares about them. Sad

BTW I hope everyone knows I was being sarcastic. Everyone thinks people who don't go to public or private schools do not socialize at all, and it irritates the hell outta me! Rolleyes

12-02-2009 09:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Homeschooling is evil ad hoc rationalization iexist 6 3,299 05-26-2012 01:37 AM
Last Post: IamNoone
  Ladies and gentlemen, I am doing homeschooling Trar 8 2,481 05-14-2009 09:17 AM
Last Post: Swift
  Homeschooling Freeman 3 1,652 12-15-2008 12:29 PM
Last Post: Freeman
  Troubles with motivation Ahab 23 4,065 05-30-2008 10:02 PM
Last Post: liq3
  Homeschooling Questions. SilenceXEmotion 3 2,030 04-16-2008 07:36 AM
Last Post: SilenceXEmotion
  Homeschooling and Social Skills magikarp 17 4,734 09-09-2007 01:33 PM
Last Post: wyldstryke
  Help! Homeschooling without my parents? Blipo 2 2,246 02-13-2007 06:33 AM
Last Post: xcriteria