RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I gave up misanthropy
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)
Re: I gave up misanthropy

SoulRiser Wrote:
batboy138 Wrote:Ignoring reality is immature and stupid. And if you can't handle the real world, without partial sedation, then you don't belong there.
I guess I should have taken the blue pill.
Guess that means no more music, tv, gaming, internet. computer, sex, drugs, etc too, huh?

Previously known as Derchin.
06-03-2011 08:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Funny thing is most people(myself included) know jack diddly shit about the true reality.
I mean who would want too..
I ascribe to black lagoons way of the world.
World can be a harsh place and only people who are happy are either living within their blissful ignorance or they haven't been kicked in the teeth hard enough yet.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
06-03-2011 09:17 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

HeartofShadows Wrote:Funny thing is most people(myself included) know jack diddly shit about the true reality.
I mean who would want too..
I ascribe to black lagoons way of the world.
World can be a harsh place and only people who are happy are either living within their blissful ignorance or they haven't been kicked in the teeth hard enough yet.

Maybe

06-03-2011 09:23 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

Quote:World can be a harsh place and only people who are happy are either living within their blissful ignorance or they haven't been kicked in the teeth hard enough yet.

Maybe for the majority but not for everyone.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
06-04-2011 06:58 AM
batboy138 Offline
MASTA SLAPA

Given 8 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Derchin Wrote:
SoulRiser Wrote:
batboy138 Wrote:Ignoring reality is immature and stupid. And if you can't handle the real world, without partial sedation, then you don't belong there.
I guess I should have taken the blue pill.
Guess that means no more music, tv, gaming, internet. computer, sex, drugs, etc too, huh?
Music consists of sound, pitch and tone, so it's unavoidable. Unless you're deaf. It is possible to go without a t.v. The computer is a tool that can be used to make money at work. Sex is necessairy for reproduction. Recreational drugs? Only two types of people use those: people who are dying and crybabies. If your slowly dying of cancer then go ahead and get high. But if you're a crybaby than put down the pot and give it to someone who needs it. The internet is the biggest source of information in the world and a very accessible communication device. As for gaming? I don't know.

"There's no 'I' in 'Team'." Yeah, but there is a "me" in "Team" spelled backwards!
06-04-2011 03:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fanatic

How's the weather on your high horse?

Live until you die
06-04-2011 03:07 PM
batboy138 Offline
MASTA SLAPA

UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:How's the weather on your high horse?
Slightly cloudy with a chance of rain. Why? How's the weather down there? lol

:troll:

"There's no 'I' in 'Team'." Yeah, but there is a "me" in "Team" spelled backwards!
06-04-2011 03:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fanatic

batboy138 Wrote:

HOW DARE YOU???? YOU THINK YOU ARE SO FUCKING GREAT??? FUCK YOU BITCH!

Hidden stuff:
:troll: :troll: :troll:

Live until you die
06-04-2011 03:20 PM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

batboy138 Wrote:Music consists of sound, pitch and tone, so it's unavoidable. Unless you're deaf. It is possible to go without a t.v. The computer is a tool that can be used to make money at work. Sex is necessairy for reproduction. Recreational drugs? Only two types of people use those: people who are dying and crybabies. If your slowly dying of cancer then go ahead and get high. But if you're a crybaby than put down the pot and give it to someone who needs it. The internet is the biggest source of information in the world and a very accessible communication device. As for gaming? I don't know.

Escapism is a perfectly normal reaction to things. It's just as much a coping method as punching pillows or screaming at walls. Only healthier, and people won't think you're criminally insane if you do it.

Everyone seems to berate escapism at some point, but we've all been through it, subconsciously. Aren't habits escapism in and of themselves? Our routines help us escape from the threat of trying something new.

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
06-04-2011 04:17 PM
batboy138 Offline
MASTA SLAPA

UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:
batboy138 Wrote:

HOW DARE YOU???? YOU THINK YOU ARE SO FUCKING GREAT??? FUCK YOU BITCH!

Hidden stuff:
:troll: :troll: :troll:
I was joking. SHHEEESH!

06-05-2011 05:43 AM
batboy138 Offline
MASTA SLAPA

Faby Wrote:
batboy138 Wrote:Music consists of sound, pitch and tone, so it's unavoidable. Unless you're deaf. It is possible to go without a t.v. The computer is a tool that can be used to make money at work. Sex is necessairy for reproduction. Recreational drugs? Only two types of people use those: people who are dying and crybabies. If your slowly dying of cancer then go ahead and get high. But if you're a crybaby than put down the pot and give it to someone who needs it. The internet is the biggest source of information in the world and a very accessible communication device. As for gaming? I don't know.

Escapism is a perfectly normal reaction to things. It's just as much a coping method as punching pillows or screaming at walls. Only healthier, and people won't think you're criminally insane if you do it.

Everyone seems to berate escapism at some point, but we've all been through it, subconsciously. Aren't habits escapism in and of themselves? Our routines help us escape from the threat of trying something new.

That is possible, although they can also be reminders of our reality. Certain statements can be viewed two different ways.

06-05-2011 05:45 AM
Ahab Offline
Machine Gnome

Given 25 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

I disagree with the person who said 'crybabies' use recreational drugs. My use of hallucinogens, on occasion, allow me to work through my problems without the 'escapism' map normally imposed on drug use. It's a recreational usage, but it certainly doesn't make me a crybaby.

"If you think you know what the hell is going on, you're probably full of shit." - Robert Anton Wilson
08-10-2011 06:24 AM
batboy138 Offline
MASTA SLAPA

Ahab Wrote:I disagree with the person who said 'crybabies' use recreational drugs. My use of hallucinogens, on occasion, allow me to work through my problems without the 'escapism' map normally imposed on drug use. It's a recreational usage, but it certainly doesn't make me a crybaby.
Yes it does. You can't use drugs AT ALL to work out your problems. I know this from experience. I used to take Ritilin when I was a kid, but stopped before 6th grade. Everything worked out in the end.

08-10-2011 03:19 PM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Misanthropy is absolutely petty and useless. Firstly, you can't hate everybody on the earth, if so KILL YOURSELF. Because if you hate everybody then you are going to be miserable because almost everything you do relies on other people.

Secondly, your probably hate the things people do, like rape, greed, murder, selfishness, animal cruelty, etc, but hating all people is not going to do ANYTHING, but fuck your life up.

Closing thoughts really, don't hate people, hate the systems that they invent, the systems that keep you from meeting the good guys, the plantations they enslave you in, the imperialistic intentions you are sucked into.

To be an anarchist, is to suffer greatly. To be a black woman is to suffer secretly. To be the earth, is to suffer silently.

I wish no harm on anyone, but those whose harmful ways will not stop without the same harm.

It's time we kill this cancerous system, before it kills us and everything left of gaia. Rise from our immaturity and take back our autonomy!

[Image: 2010-10-04-lost-my-appetite.jpg]
08-11-2011 05:35 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Wrote:Misanthropy is absolutely petty and useless. Firstly, you can't hate everybody on the earth, if so KILL YOURSELF. Because if you hate everybody then you are going to be miserable because almost everything you do relies on other people.

Secondly, your probably hate the things people do, like rape, greed, murder, selfishness, animal cruelty, etc, but hating all people is not going to do ANYTHING, but fuck your life up.

Closing thoughts really, don't hate people, hate the systems that they invent, the systems that keep you from meeting the good guys, the plantations they enslave you in, the imperialistic intentions you are sucked into.

THANK YOU.

08-11-2011 05:48 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

To be honest misanthropes were some of the nicest and most honest people I ever met.
The way I see it from meeting misanthropes and being one myself for a little while was that misanthropes don't really hate humanity.. They hate the things that make you human and most tend to keep people at a distance in order to preserve a sort of neat vision of a person.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
08-11-2011 05:55 AM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

HeartofShadows Wrote:To be honest misanthropes were some of the nicest and most honest people I ever met.
The way I see it from meeting misanthropes and being one myself for a little while was that misanthropes don't really hate humanity.. They hate the things that make you human and most tend to keep people at a distance in order to preserve a sort of neat vision of a person.

Sounds more like loners to me. But I know the psuedo-misanthrope type you are talking about. They don't truly hate people, just the fucked up shit they do.
I guess I could've been in that category when I was like 14 and thought I knew what it actually meant.
I'd say Obama is more of a misanthrope than most so called misanthropes.

Derechin Wrote:THANK YOU.

No problem.

To be an anarchist, is to suffer greatly. To be a black woman is to suffer secretly. To be the earth, is to suffer silently.

I wish no harm on anyone, but those whose harmful ways will not stop without the same harm.

It's time we kill this cancerous system, before it kills us and everything left of gaia. Rise from our immaturity and take back our autonomy!

[Image: 2010-10-04-lost-my-appetite.jpg]
08-11-2011 06:06 AM
EnemyOfTheState Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

I'm at the point where I just didn't see a need to be one...

I mean, in the city I live in you just can't be a person like that. In my case it's better to just drift off into my imagination and once I finish High School, I get out of this city as fast as possible....

I don't hate everyone, it's just that I don't like to be forced into being around people that try to piss people off on purpose just because they can't do anything back. To be around people that do really unnecessary and dumb shit just to impress others or to make them look better is just something I can't cope with. So I end up listening to my Music about 80% of the time I'm in school.

[Image: adventure_time_signature_by_solidmetal-d328ime.png]
09-06-2011 04:16 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

Who gives a fuck if somebody wants to live in their own world. We're all going to end up six feet under. I'm not a crybaby and I don't have cancer, I'm pretty optimistic and I take recreational drugs for enjoyment.

Quote:You can't use drugs AT ALL to work out your problems. I know this from experience.

Yes, yes you can. I know this from experience.

Ignoring reality isn't immature and stupid. Who are you to decide what is and what is not?

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
09-06-2011 04:57 AM
Fanatic

Quote:Ignoring reality isn't immature and stupid.

To an extent it isn't. I think we can agree that there is a point where it becomes stupid.

Live until you die
09-06-2011 07:40 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:

To an extent it isn't. I think we can agree that there is a point where it becomes stupid.

Where would you say that point is?

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
09-06-2011 08:11 AM
Fanatic

Elfy Wrote:
UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:

Where would you say that point is?

It is probably different for everyone. Usually when that person is being negatively affected. Becoming isolated, losing money, losing health... etc.

Live until you die
09-06-2011 10:26 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Look what this truther gave me Miller0700 16 7,347 02-05-2012 02:54 AM
Last Post: Miller0700