RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Epic Story of Terror: The Wrath of Candlejack
Milk2Go Offline
Fanatic

Given 41 thank(s) in 29 post(s)
An Epic Story of Terror: The Wrath of Candlejack

It was a co
08-24-2009 05:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)
Re: An Epic Story of Terror: The Wrath of Candlejack

I think your missing a few sentences thar
08-24-2009 06:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Desu Offline
Fanatic

Given 340 thank(s) in 182 post(s)

I actually laughed to this.

RIP GORE GOROTH

He was an hero. He will always be remembered.
08-26-2009 12:32 PM
NowhereWoman Offline
Pariah

Given 11 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

FREAKAZOID REFERENCE! Bigeek

Oh my god I LOVE that show. Biggrin

'Don't say Candlejack!!!!'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmIaL2BK1Zk

An it Harm None, Do What Ye Will
An it Harm, Do Only What Ye Must

Lighten up! This life was made for experimenting, making mistakes, falling on our faces, and standing up to do it all over again.
Live for Learning.

Carla Franklin may be a whore. She may be a wonderful, kind, moral woman. Seeing as I don't know her personally, I cannot know for sure. However, I find her actions (suing Google, requesting the personal info of her critics, getting angry over random internet idiocy that she should ignore and be bigger than, trying to get this site in trouble because of a few users' commentary on the situation, etc.) pretty ridiculous and unwarranted. If she didn't want people to to be talking about/judging her, well 1. that's impossible, she's a human, and 2. she shouldn't have been a model or agreed to be on film. AND 3. she DEFINITELY shouldn't have sued Google and made all this fuss over a few random idiots whom she probably won't ever know expressing their opinion. Mmkay? MMKAY.
08-27-2009 12:45 PM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

candlejack? so how do get back if u've been kidnapped? is he like a pussy serial killer who dosent 'actually' kill/hurt peeps? cant u just kick him in the balls to get free? (yes, full sentences, i know, i'm immune. don't believe me? fuck off)

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
08-28-2009 11:57 PM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 15 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

Who / what is candlejack?

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
08-29-2009 05:03 AM
Mono Offline
Renegade

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

random_name Wrote:Who / what is candlejack?

Candlejack.
08-29-2009 05:06 AM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 15 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

SFW?

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
08-29-2009 05:08 AM
returnal Away
cold like minnesota (brrr!)

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)

I'm going to need mo

woah dude
dude woah
08-29-2009 10:58 AM
NowhereWoman Offline
Pariah

CrayolaColours Wrote:
Mono Wrote:
random_name Wrote:Who / what is candlejack?

Candlejack.
If the link is going to give me nightmares for a week, say something Uhoh

no it's fine

Lighten up! This life was made for experimenting, making mistakes, falling on our faces, and standing up to do it all over again.
Live for Learning.

Carla Franklin may be a whore. She may be a wonderful, kind, moral woman. Seeing as I don't know her personally, I cannot know for sure. However, I find her actions (suing Google, requesting the personal info of her critics, getting angry over random internet idiocy that she should ignore and be bigger than, trying to get this site in trouble because of a few users' commentary on the situation, etc.) pretty ridiculous and unwarranted. If she didn't want people to to be talking about/judging her, well 1. that's impossible, she's a human, and 2. she shouldn't have been a model or agreed to be on film. AND 3. she DEFINITELY shouldn't have sued Google and made all this fuss over a few random idiots whom she probably won't ever know expressing their opinion. Mmkay? MMKAY.
08-29-2009 11:09 AM
Colin Offline
Pariah

Given 14 thank(s) in 12 post(s)

I remember that. After I saw that, I never said Candlejack again. I'm really pr

PLEASE, TELL US JUSTIN
[Image: ubd5511.png]
08-29-2009 12:00 PM
NowhereWoman Offline
Pariah

Wait, but shouldn't it be okay to type Candlejack, since you're not sayi-

Live for Learning.

08-30-2009 08:46 AM
IllusoryDeath Away
~become away~

Given 8 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

I don't even like this stupid Candlejack thing, mainly becau
08-30-2009 10:09 AM
Desu Offline
Fanatic

Given 340 thank(s) in 182 post(s)

This meme is getting so fucking old and st

RIP GORE GOROTH

He was an hero. He will always be remembered.
08-30-2009 11:55 AM
Lap Sio Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

thought criminal Wrote:I think your missing a few senten

Fi
09-02-2009 08:45 AM
IllusoryDeath Away
~become away~

Given 8 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

CrayolaColours Wrote:But... he didn't even say Candlejack. Or am I mi

Yeah, I thought that 'Candlejack' needed to be written, or el
09-02-2009 10:35 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

What the fuck is Candlejack anywa
09-03-2009 04:48 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

CrayolaColours Wrote:I was watching Freakazoid clips on youtube, because I only vaguely remembered it. I found out that it's still funny. To this day. I never understood the "That's uranus!" joke until now. So I pretty much died.

What you really want to look out for is niggerjack, he- WHERE THE HELL'S MY CAR?

Someone else made that up, but it's fucking win.
is there a Chinkjack, too?

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
09-04-2009 03:32 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

TA doing it wrong again. Whenever you mention Candlejack you mu
09-05-2009 12:52 AM
the_ryan Offline
Renegade

whats candlejack anywa

this forum cant tale a joke
09-05-2009 01:07 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

See even the_troll can do candlejack ri
09-05-2009 02:02 AM
aerftghyjk Offline
Fanatic

Given 17 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

CrayolaColours Wrote:But... he didn't even say Candlejack. Or am I mi

If I said Candlejack, I would of really been ki
09-05-2009 12:03 PM
Thorax Offline
Rebel

Guys, what is this candlejack thing? i dont get it, is it some inside joke or sumthing?
09-05-2009 12:14 PM
Swift Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Thorax Wrote:Guys, what is this candlejack thing? i dont get it, is it some inside joke or sumthing?

All hail Zorak.

"I heard a joke once. Man goes to doctor says "I'm terribly depressed". Doctor says "I know just what you should do. Poliacci the clown is in town, go see him, you'll be cheered right up." The man bursts into tears. "But Doctor, I am Poliacci." Funny joke. Roll on snare drum. Everyone laugh."

-Rorschach

[Image: BANANAMAN.gif]
09-05-2009 12:49 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Thorax Wrote:Guys, what is this candlejack thing? i dont get it, is it some inside joke or sumthing?

SUP TRUEANARCHIST
09-05-2009 06:31 PM
the_ryan Offline
Renegade

where did this candlejack thing come from anywa

this forum cant tale a joke
09-07-2009 03:01 AM
Thorax Offline
Rebel

XplodingNoggin Wrote:

SUP TRUEANARCHIST
whatever, xplodingnigger. ta told us all about you, and we dont care about wat you say, so go die.
09-07-2009 04:57 AM
Jackass McAwesome Offline
Fanatic

Given 24 thank(s) in 17 post(s)

Candlejack is go
09-07-2009 12:12 PM
Thought Criminal Offline
Frame 313

Given 106 thank(s) in 80 post(s)

you guys are s
09-07-2009 12:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thor Offline
Rebel

Stop confusing me

ALL HAIL THOR THE THUNDER GOD LOL
09-07-2009 02:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Beyond the Veil of Terror(unfinished) Depression101 4 2,762 05-15-2017 06:34 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  Halloween Tales of Terror Evan92 3 3,146 10-12-2014 03:50 PM
Last Post: Evan92
  A short story - "The Wrath of Candlejack" యూజర్ పేరు 31 4,525 03-14-2010 09:32 AM
Last Post: LOON_ATTIC