RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US renews Patriot Act despite surveillance concerns.
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)
US renews Patriot Act despite surveillance concerns.

Quote:The US Congress has approved a four-year extension of the Patriot Act despite warnings from senators that the Justice Department has twisted the 2001 law into a "secret" surveillance mechanism far broader than American citizens realise.

Campaigners have expressed concerns over tracking software being tested by the Met that correlates disparate pieces of digital information to track the whereabouts of suspects

"I believe that when more of my colleagues and the American public come to understand how the Patriot Act has actually been interpreted in secret, they will insist on significant reforms too," said Senator Ron Wyden, a Democrat who tried to block the renewal. Senatory Mark Udall, a Colorado Democrat, offered a similar warning.

The cautionary note from two members of the Senate intelligence committee — who are briefed on classified activities and are tasked with overseeing the NSA, CIA and the Justice Department's "intelligence activities" — is highly unusual, and perhaps even unprecedented. It has prompted intense speculation about what kind of surveillance, which could include vacuuming up mobile-phone location records, the Obama administration might be engaged in.

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/news/regulation/ ... -40092929/

I so knew they were not gonna give up the patriot act.
Not with the power it gives them and lo and behold not even a word from tv media.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
06-02-2011 08:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UltraRobot Offline
I need you to escape.

Given 6 thank(s) in 5 post(s)
Re: US renews Patriot Act despite surveillance concerns.

I'm pretty sure the Patriot Act was simply made to increase government surveillance and not to "protect" people. Ranting

[Image: gPE89.gif]

[Image: DeusExTestSign.jpg]

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly." - Albert Einstein

"Within a few years a simple and inexpensive device, readily carried about, will enable one to receive on land or sea the principal news, to hear a speech, a lecture, a song or play of a musical instrument, conveyed from any other region of the globe." - Nikola Tesla
06-03-2011 10:40 AM
TheOmegaJuggalo Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I had no idea they were even considering that. What the fuck? I feel like I have to constantly be searching for the real news if I want to stay informed, this shit always goes over my head. I just totally quit watching TV news all together a few years ago.

[Image: ImmatureEntrepreneurBannersmaller.png]
Why Public Education Is Ineffective.
Check out my other articles here.
06-03-2011 10:45 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

TheOmegaJuggalo Wrote:I had no idea they were even considering that. What the fuck? I feel like I have to constantly be searching for the real news if I want to stay informed, this shit always goes over my head. I just totally quit watching TV news all together a few years ago.

Same here and trust me they don't tell you anything worth mentioning on tv media.
You get the real news from internet articles.

image hosting jpg
06-03-2011 11:04 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

I thought it was already clear that the Obeezy administration wasn't going to get rid of it? I thought it was renewed in like, 2008 or some shit. Guess I was wrong or something.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
06-03-2011 01:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Absentinsomniac Wrote:I thought it was already clear that the Obeezy administration wasn't going to get rid of it? I thought it was renewed in like, 2008 or some shit. Guess I was wrong or something.

I thought you were an obama fan?

image hosting jpg
06-03-2011 01:51 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

lolwut?

I don't remember being one. Infact, I don't really recall being a fan of any presidents.

Blog I post to now:

06-03-2011 02:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Absentinsomniac Wrote:lolwut?

I don't remember being one. Infact, I don't really recall being a fan of any presidents.

Oh then sorry man.

image hosting jpg
06-03-2011 04:02 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

HOW COULD YOU Laugh

Blog I post to now:

06-04-2011 03:58 AM
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

Given 11 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

So basically, they're renewing what probably qualifies as the biggest invasion of the public's privacy (oxymoron?) that borders on abuse of governmental powerr?

Yeah, this'll go over real well. Maybe it'll end in gunpowder. That's all I can hope for.

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
Rebelnerd Wrote:Avatar was an inside job.
For $9.11 I'll give you an inside job.
Raikuron Wrote:Okay. I fail. DISREGARD THAT EVERYONE, I SUCK COCKS!
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:fox you should take everything mystery says with a pinch of salt

and by pinch of salt i actually mean you need to build a fucking salt processing plant so you have enough salt to dispell the bullshit
06-04-2011 06:51 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

Quote:You get the real news from internet articles.

QFT

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
06-04-2011 06:57 AM
UltraRobot Offline
I need you to escape.

Given 6 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

The TV news are 100% truth and absolutely outclass Internet news. Because, of course, the government would never control, censor, manipulate or try to brainwash people with TV channel news. :troll:

[Image: gPE89.gif]

[Image: DeusExTestSign.jpg]

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly." - Albert Einstein

"Within a few years a simple and inexpensive device, readily carried about, will enable one to receive on land or sea the principal news, to hear a speech, a lecture, a song or play of a musical instrument, conveyed from any other region of the globe." - Nikola Tesla
06-04-2011 08:04 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

I also heard the government is talking about putting TSA at bus stops now. What really freightens me is that so many sheeple are ok with this and it actually makes them feel safe. Noo Welcome to the Police States of America everyone. Land owned by the government, home of the cowardly and stupid.

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
06-04-2011 09:31 AM
Bob Dole Offline
Fanatic

Given 23 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

gore goroth Wrote:I also heard the government is talking about putting TSA at bus stops now. What really freightens me is that so many sheeple are ok with this and it actually makes them feel safe. :noo: Welcome to the Police States of America everyone. Land owned by the government, home of the cowardly and stupid.
Government doesn't give a fuck about the people who usually ride the buses.

K
S
06-04-2011 03:58 PM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

FightforRight Wrote:
gore goroth Wrote:I also heard the government is talking about putting TSA at bus stops now. What really freightens me is that so many sheeple are ok with this and it actually makes them feel safe. Noo Welcome to the Police States of America everyone. Land owned by the government, home of the cowardly and stupid.
Government doesn't give a fuck about the people who usually ride the buses.

Think again.

Watch on YouTube

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
06-04-2011 05:17 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Fucking Christ. If the terrorists can't get on the bus, why wouldn't they just hit it while it's moving? This is retarded. I think it should be up to the corporations to decide weather or not they want to search customers or weather they want to set up metal detectors. That way, when a real threat emerges and the people actually want protection, it'll be there, and not before, nor after.

Blog I post to now:

06-05-2011 04:02 AM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

Absentinsomniac Wrote:I think it should be up to the corporations to decide weather or not they want to search customers or weather they want to set up metal detectors. That way, when a real threat emerges and the people actually want protection, it'll be there, and not before, nor after.
But then the corporations could get away with something even more insane than what the TSA is doing.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
06-05-2011 05:59 AM
Fanatic

The Desert Fox Wrote:
Absentinsomniac Wrote:I think it should be up to the corporations to decide weather or not they want to search customers or weather they want to set up metal detectors. That way, when a real threat emerges and the people actually want protection, it'll be there, and not before, nor after.
But then the corporations could get away with something even more insane than what the TSA is doing.

Then they will lose customers... Corporations are at the mercy of the consumers... they must bend to the will of those who provide their income.

Live until you die
06-05-2011 07:48 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

gore goroth Wrote:

Watch on YouTube

"I feel safe knowing that I can get on a bus and I know that I'm not gonna blow up"

lolwut

Blowing up is the last thing I would think about upon entering a bus.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
06-05-2011 07:57 AM
The Desert Fox Offline

UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:

Then they will lose customers... Corporations are at the mercy of the consumers... they must bend to the will of those who provide their income.
Corporations aren't at the mercy of anyone. They raise the prices of something, or introduce a batshit insane policy? Too bad, since they've put all the other, smaller businesses out of business you either play by their rules or you can't get what they have.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
06-05-2011 07:58 AM
Fanatic

They can't take over every other company without being given the power to... and if people stop buying their shit then they can't get that power. If a corporation happens to take majority of the market for something and they start pulling that shit... that's when an ambitious business man will start his own business with fairer prices and wages and people will buy his shit. It likely won't get to that point though.

Live until you die
06-05-2011 10:36 AM
Blobthe15 Offline
stereotypical agnsty teenager

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:They can't take over every other company without being given the power to... and if people stop buying their shit then they can't get that power. If a corporation happens to take majority of the market for something and they start pulling that shit... that's when an ambitious business man will start his own business with fairer prices and wages and people will buy his shit. It likely won't get to that point though.

a.k.a. Competition

Hidden stuff:
Rebelnerd:
Again, I agree with you. School does teach you things. And once again, you are missing the point entirely. It's not that I disagree with school's mission or the things it teaches. What I object to is that the students are deprived of any choice in the matter. As benign as the intentions may be, any system that forces people into an environment where they have no say in their lives is a situation ripe for abuse of power.

I am Blobthe15, creator of threads that die too quickly.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: 58jT6.gif]
Weswammy Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Down with Soulriser! It is time for the God of Gods to become the Fallen God of Fallen Gods!
You'll end up like Prometheus, chained to a rock with a bird eating your internal organs.

Or as close as that can be recreated on an internet forum.
[Image: oC8W8.png]

(02-08-2012 01:06 PM)Lunatic Wrote:  everyone says emo is like a music style or hair stile or clothing or cutting yourself but i think its like a sexuality just like being gay but a different kind of gay just like transexuals you know
06-05-2011 02:28 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Hey didn't back in the 1800s corporations just hire mercs to wipe out rising competition and unruly workers?

image hosting jpg
06-05-2011 04:03 PM
The Desert Fox Offline

HeartofShadows Wrote:Hey didn't back in the 1800s corporations just hire mercs to wipe out rising competition and unruly workers?
You know it. An executive doesn't like his workers demanding sane working conditions? Call in the Blackwaters.

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
06-05-2011 04:37 PM
Fanatic

HeartofShadows Wrote:Hey didn't back in the 1800s corporations just hire mercs to wipe out rising competition and unruly workers?

Can I see a source? Not trying to say it isn't true... I just want to read about a situation... where it was... why people didn't fight back... etc.

Live until you die
06-05-2011 05:43 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:

Can I see a source? Not trying to say it isn't true... I just want to read about a situation... where it was... why people didn't fight back... etc.

http://teensleuth.com/blog/?p=4954

Most of my links are on my other computer(which isn't working).
I had links that told stories of where corps would hire mercs to kill workers family and them if they even breathed wrong at their jobs and they could pay off the government so they pretty much got away with it.

image hosting jpg
06-05-2011 07:45 PM
Fanatic

Quote:http://teensleuth.com/blog/?p=4954

Most of my links are on my other computer(which isn't working).
I had links that told stories of where corps would hire mercs to kill workers family and them if they even breathed wrong at their jobs and they could pay off the government so they pretty much got away with it.

Sounds to me like the big issue was the bought out government. The miners fought the company as would be natural but not only had to deal with them but the government and state officials too.

Quote:The long-term jobs, the safety and health of the workers, the ecosystem, all are non issues.

Those become issues when customers stop buying their products because of their negligence...

Live until you die
06-06-2011 04:52 AM
The Desert Fox Offline

UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:
Quote:The long-term jobs, the safety and health of the workers, the ecosystem, all are non issues.

Those become issues when customers stop buying their products because of their negligence...
Weird, Wal-Mart is perhaps the biggest offender of the whole "treating their workers like shit" thing, and people don't seem to be showing any signs of not shopping there.

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
06-06-2011 04:58 AM
Fanatic

The Desert Fox Wrote:
UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:

Weird, Wal-Mart is perhaps the biggest offender of the whole "treating their workers like shit" thing, and people don't seem to be showing any signs of not shopping there.

When people stop buying products.... if people don't then the company gets too powerful... I don't shop at Walmart... but people are too spoiled... they want things done for them... everything to be easy... without taking much responsibility... No one is forced to work at Walmart btw... and if it happens to be one of those cases where Walmart (was it walmart?) locked their employees inside over night the employees should have the right to violently escape and if that requires breaking property so be it....

Live until you die
06-06-2011 05:06 AM
The Desert Fox Offline

I don't know where you're coming from. Noone's forced to work at walmart, but it's often the only place one can work at when they've forced all the half-decent businesses in the area out of business. And if people don't stop buying products from a corrupt company, yes, they do get too powerful.

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
06-06-2011 05:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Congress Woman Outraged as she is Wiretapped...but voted for the Patriot Act HeartofShadows 12 5,723 02-01-2012 03:12 PM
Last Post: Absnt
  Cops Hide Surveillance Cameras In Trees Outside Man's Home HeartofShadows 4 4,648 12-12-2011 03:48 AM
Last Post: UnschoolShqiponjë
  Surveillance state near, warns Australian Pirate Party HeartofShadows 1 1,427 06-19-2010 02:10 AM
Last Post: psychopath
  Video surveillance is dangerous Sunbourn 1 1,532 04-04-2009 06:03 AM
Last Post: ----