RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An SS Address. (split)
voice of reason (not retard) Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
An SS Address. (split)

Quote:Yes, it is "one of those threads" again, and yes I'm going to attempt to get SS to do something, like many, many before me who have tried and failed. Well SSians, shall we?
"to do something that many before me have failed at"
Quote:We face a terrible foe that has been ravaging minds for, literally, hundreds of years. We face an institution that is so deeply instilled in the public's mind as a positive in society that it is considered lunacy to oppose it. We face a threat that is backed by society, the government, parents, corporations and all other forms of oppressors as well. Our foe has been continued in the hopes that good will come of it, yet it has continually caused untold amounts of damage among us.
Yea, if you're going to talk about "untold amounts of damage" you should outline them. OH, how about a steadily increasing intelligence among the general public and also technological advances in fields that were nonexistent several years ago?
Quote:This, we all know, so why aren't we taking action? Why don't we muster up everything we can and eradicate this mistake, replacing it with something infinitely more fruitful? Why are we sitting around like a bunch of helpless cogs and not using the power that has been bestowed upon us by the sheer number of students who could be awakened to help destroy what is keeping us down? Why must we be hypocrites? We preach "The fastest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it" and then go back to our daily lives, sitting, and waiting for something to happen; and we wonder why things are so morbid.
hypocrites are people who say one thing and do another, your quote is not hypocritical. Furthermore you say we should replace our schools with something "infinitely more fruitful" yet you give no indication of what this might be.

Quote:Take your place among the pioneers who are attempting to change the system and help invent an organization to put up a fight. Become a leader, for there are vast amounts of positions open to those who can help lead the revolution. It's time for those of you who have some balls to show what you're made of and step up. YOU need to step up and become a leader. No, not of the presidential kind, nor of the authoritative kind, but of the influential and convincing kind. The kind that can rally the students of the world and lead by example.
Pioneers? you mean the 17 year old pioneers who think they're better than the thing keeping them from being homeless? What kind of revolutions have paying positions? Let it be known that almost all revolutions lack funding yet you promise positions to those who can "lead the revolution"? yet moments later you speak of leaders as poster children and not actual administrators?

Quote:Your a fool if you think this boat will sail without any hands on deck. Your a fool if you think someone else will take up a position of a leader and show our generation, by example, that we can and will change the educational institutions, and afterwards the entire world. For if we can topple the massive government failure that is compulsory schooling replacing it with something grand, why should we stop there and be content?
First of all, "You're" secondly, this "boat" you're speaking of us a sinking ship more reminiscent of the titantic than any ship that could even make it out past the bay.

Quote:It's time for a revolution, and it starts here, by the hands of the very individuals who were oppressed by the system. Have you served your time? Are you finished with the business of schooling? Then you must turn and fight for the future generations and the right thing. Then you must fight to topple one institution so we can go on and change the world for not only the students of the world, but everyone else as well.
Oxford world dictionary defines oppressed as " prolonged cruel or unjust treatment or exercise of authority" how is feeding and giving the skills needed to succeed in life cruel or unjust punishment?
Quote:Are you a student still stuck in the system? Well, you've got yourself an indispensable place in the organization as well. You must spread the word, and tear the beast that is oppression apart from the inside out.
This honestly sounds like you're starting a cult
Quote:Help build up the organization that is being spawned from these very forums, become the creator of something great, and help end the slavery that is school. It's in your hands, not mine, and not the next guys. The organization does not belong to any one individual, it belongs to all who oppose oppression and the compulsory portion of the educational system. It's time to cease our idle conversation and begin to change the world. Do your part. You are not replaceable. Become a leader. Prove the system wrong and help change the world.
This undermines the hardships that slaves had to go through. School is nothing of the sort, school does not restrict your basic human liberties while slavery did.

Not once do you idiots provide any solid plan but rather just a grander much less tangible dream of a "system" that is nothing like the system you're trying to rebel against. When you're trying to lead a revolution you generally try to avoid idiocy, but I guess life is all about trial and error.
06-02-2011 11:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheOmegaJuggalo Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Re: An SS Address.

All I have to say to you, is to read through the articles and forum posts on this website before you assume we don't know what we're talking about... fucktard.
As of now, I start ignoring the troll. This won't be a post dedicated to arguing with the other side, we do enough of that. Back to planning, he's on my "foes" list.

[Image: ImmatureEntrepreneurBannersmaller.png]
Why Public Education Is Ineffective.
Check out my other articles here.
06-02-2011 11:37 AM
Jim Raynor Offline
Rebel

I wish he'd tell us how he really feels about the subject instead of just dancing around it. :/
06-02-2011 11:40 AM
voice of reason (not retard) Offline
Defiant

Trolls are people trying to divert the conversation for the sake of diverting the conversation. I'm here as the voice of reason. Your entire ideology concerning the world is utter trash and that's why you of all people needs to go to school. Without school our society is useless, memorize it as fact.
06-02-2011 11:41 AM
Jim Raynor Offline
Rebel

well im certainly glad that i have been informed that "i needs to go to school" as i was confused as to how that worked otherwise. Also im glad that you've based your "judgment of our entire ideology concerning the world" on one opinion of one thing. You of all people must truly be magnificent.
06-02-2011 11:43 AM
TheOmegaJuggalo Offline
Revolutionary

Reported both of his posts. It doesn't matter how he really feels about the topics. We'll leave it at that and wait for someone who can contribute to the cause comes along.

I reported the second one as off-topic but accidentally reported the first one as illegal... oops. lol

06-02-2011 11:44 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

Quote:voice of reason (not retard)

:troll:

PROVE ME WRONG...

if you really cared about your point of view you would have made your own thread instead of invading this one.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
06-02-2011 11:49 AM
TheOmegaJuggalo Offline
Revolutionary

Let's focus on ideas, not the opinion of a sheep.
I'm just excited about this. Razz

06-02-2011 11:52 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
Re: An SS Address. (split)

Hello there, voice of reason (not retard), you might want to read through the site intro as well as the FAQ before posting here. Smile
http://www.school-survival.net/intro.php
http://www.school-survival.net/about/faq.php
http://www.school-survival.net/about/interview.php
http://www.school-survival.net/stuff_to_read.php

While you're at it, reading through all the articles would be a good idea as well. Then perhaps the original thread you posted in might not seem so insane to you.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
06-02-2011 12:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

Given 11 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:Hello there, voice of reason (not retard), you might want to read through the site intro as well as the FAQ before posting here. Smile
http://www.school-survival.net/intro.php
http://www.school-survival.net/about/faq.php
http://www.school-survival.net/about/interview.php
http://www.school-survival.net/stuff_to_read.php

While you're at it, reading through all the articles would be a good idea as well. Then perhaps the original thread you posted in might not seem so insane to you.
I get this distinct feeling he's not going to... But on the other hand, maybe he's serious. He did take the time to section quotes and respond to each, if in a poor manner.

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
Rebelnerd Wrote:Avatar was an inside job.
For $9.11 I'll give you an inside job.
Raikuron Wrote:Okay. I fail. DISREGARD THAT EVERYONE, I SUCK COCKS!
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:fox you should take everything mystery says with a pinch of salt

and by pinch of salt i actually mean you need to build a fucking salt processing plant so you have enough salt to dispell the bullshit
06-02-2011 12:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Wow a new troll.
Its that time of year.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
06-02-2011 12:25 PM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

HeartofShadows Wrote:Wow a new troll.
Its that time of year.

Seems like it. If it's reoccurring I'll probably end up responding but I have to finish this project and get to school first.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
06-02-2011 07:37 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

Bitches be trolling in this thread
06-02-2011 07:49 PM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

voice of reason (not retard) Wrote:that's why you of all people needs

Lol, correcting other people's grammar whilst committing egregious mistakes yourself? What a trollish thing to do xD

Anyway, please turn the fuck around and leave. I won't have you spoiling my joy of experiencing a problem-free day on SS D:

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
06-02-2011 08:14 PM
Blobthe15 Offline
stereotypical agnsty teenager

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

Well cmon, I might as well put in a good response instead of just saying he's a troll, even if he is. Good Practice

voice of reason (not retard) Wrote:
Quote:Yes, it is "one of those threads" again, and yes I'm going to attempt to get SS to do something, like many, many before me who have tried and failed. Well SSians, shall we?
"to do something that many before me have failed at"
True.
Quote:We face a terrible foe that has been ravaging minds for, literally, hundreds of years. We face an institution that is so deeply instilled in the public's mind as a positive in society that it is considered lunacy to oppose it. We face a threat that is backed by society, the government, parents, corporations and all other forms of oppressors as well. Our foe has been continued in the hopes that good will come of it, yet it has continually caused untold amounts of damage among us.
Yea, if you're going to talk about "untold amounts of damage" you should outline them. OH, how about a steadily increasing intelligence among the general public and also technological advances in fields that were nonexistent several years ago?

Columbine, Virginia Tech, Behaviour modification facilities. It makes sense to have so many technological advances now since we have so many more people and with the invention of the internet and the telephone ideas are spread so easily. We live in a culture where we have to do so much filtering of the things around us to get things done.

Also, how did you get increasing intelligence? Is there any sort of actual evidence torwards this that can't be explained away easily?

Quote:This, we all know, so why aren't we taking action? Why don't we muster up everything we can and eradicate this mistake, replacing it with something infinitely more fruitful? Why are we sitting around like a bunch of helpless cogs and not using the power that has been bestowed upon us by the sheer number of students who could be awakened to help destroy what is keeping us down? Why must we be hypocrites? We preach "The fastest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it" and then go back to our daily lives, sitting, and waiting for something to happen; and we wonder why things are so morbid.

hypocrites are people who say one thing and do another, your quote is not hypocritical. Furthermore you say we should replace our schools with something "infinitely more fruitful" yet you give no indication of what this might be.

"We preach "The fastest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it" and then go back to our daily lives, sitting, and waiting for something to happen; and we wonder why things are so morbid. " The quote itself isn't hypocritical, it's the whole sentence.

The absence of school is something that's infinitely more fruitful. We've also been discussing the idea of super learning centers that aren't compulsory instead of school.

Quote:Take your place among the pioneers who are attempting to change the system and help invent an organization to put up a fight. Become a leader, for there are vast amounts of positions open to those who can help lead the revolution. It's time for those of you who have some balls to show what you're made of and step up. YOU need to step up and become a leader. No, not of the presidential kind, nor of the authoritative kind, but of the influential and convincing kind. The kind that can rally the students of the world and lead by example.

Pioneers? you mean the 17 year old pioneers who think they're better than the thing keeping them from being homeless?
What do you mean "the thing keeping them from being homeless?" Do you mean that it "prepares them for a job?" Because there's unschoolers, there is homeschoolers, if anything it's keeping them from pursuing their own interests and finding the job that they really want, and the one they're good at.

What kind of revolutions have paying positions? Let it be known that almost all revolutions lack funding yet you promise positions to those who can "lead the revolution"?

Lol a revolution needs money? All it really needs I believe is a congregation of people overthrowing a people oppressing them.

yet moments later you speak of leaders as poster children and not actual administrators?

I'm not sure exactly how this is connected to the last thing you said and money, but what we mean is someone who can convince people to our cause, someone who we can call our leader, someone who can organize this.

Quote:Your a fool if you think this boat will sail without any hands on deck. Your a fool if you think someone else will take up a position of a leader and show our generation, by example, that we can and will change the educational institutions, and afterwards the entire world. For if we can topple the massive government failure that is compulsory schooling replacing it with something grand, why should we stop there and be content?
First of all, "You're" secondly, this "boat" you're speaking of us a sinking ship more reminiscent of the titantic than any ship that could even make it out past the bay.

What he means is that this change won't happen if no one does anything. Sure we all feel this way, but we don't really do anything past squabble.

Quote:It's time for a revolution, and it starts here, by the hands of the very individuals who were oppressed by the system. Have you served your time? Are you finished with the business of schooling? Then you must turn and fight for the future generations and the right thing. Then you must fight to topple one institution so we can go on and change the world for not only the students of the world, but everyone else as well.

Oxford world dictionary defines oppressed as " prolonged cruel or unjust treatment or exercise of authority" how is feeding and giving the skills needed to succeed in life cruel or unjust punishment?

1. It's forced 2. Did you read Phrozen's thread? How they searched his locker, tore up his notebook, and made him remove a facebook status complaining about it? I'd call that unjust and cruel and a excercise in authority. Including things he needed for classes. 3. There is no check in power, the teachers and parents can do whatever they want. 4. http://shutupsitdown.co.uk/2009/11/16/th...checklist/
Quote:Are you a student still stuck in the system? Well, you've got yourself an indispensable place in the organization as well. You must spread the word, and tear the beast that is oppression apart from the inside out.

This honestly sounds like you're starting a cult
Maybe, but school is also a cult, and infact a lot closer to one.
Quote:Help build up the organization that is being spawned from these very forums, become the creator of something great, and help end the slavery that is school. It's in your hands, not mine, and not the next guys. The organization does not belong to any one individual, it belongs to all who oppose oppression and the compulsory portion of the educational system. It's time to cease our idle conversation and begin to change the world. Do your part. You are not replaceable. Become a leader. Prove the system wrong and help change the world.

This undermines the hardships that slaves had to go through. School is nothing of the sort, school does not restrict your basic human liberties while slavery did.

Restrictment of speech, Corporal punishment, Regular drug searches. We have to go get permission to go get a drink or go to the bathroom. That's dehumanizing.

Not once do you idiots provide any solid plan but rather just a grander much less tangible dream of a "system" that is nothing like the system you're trying to rebel against. When you're trying to lead a revolution you generally try to avoid idiocy, but I guess life is all about trial and error.

I was going to call some sort of Ad hominem, but then I realized something.

"life is all about trial and error"

If that is true, then learning should be the same way, since it is a part of life. But we're punished for doing something wrong in school (grades/getting a F), which is creating a culture of fear and fear of getting questions wrong, which destroy's our capability to create and be creative, since we're so scared of getting it "wrong" that we don't try at all.

Hidden stuff:
Rebelnerd:
Again, I agree with you. School does teach you things. And once again, you are missing the point entirely. It's not that I disagree with school's mission or the things it teaches. What I object to is that the students are deprived of any choice in the matter. As benign as the intentions may be, any system that forces people into an environment where they have no say in their lives is a situation ripe for abuse of power.

I am Blobthe15, creator of threads that die too quickly.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: 58jT6.gif]
Weswammy Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Down with Soulriser! It is time for the God of Gods to become the Fallen God of Fallen Gods!
You'll end up like Prometheus, chained to a rock with a bird eating your internal organs.

Or as close as that can be recreated on an internet forum.
[Image: oC8W8.png]

(02-08-2012 01:06 PM)Lunatic Wrote:  everyone says emo is like a music style or hair stile or clothing or cutting yourself but i think its like a sexuality just like being gay but a different kind of gay just like transexuals you know
06-03-2011 07:10 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

voice of reason (not retard) Wrote:Trolls are people trying to divert the conversation for the sake of diverting the conversation. I'm here as the voice of reason. Your entire ideology concerning the world is utter trash and that's why you of all people needs to go to school. Without school our society is useless, memorize it as fact.

Sup Asder, I was wondering when you were going to get pissed and create a second account.
06-03-2011 11:12 AM
UltraRobot Offline
I need you to escape.

Given 6 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

Ayliana Wrote:
voice of reason (not retard) Wrote:Trolls are people trying to divert the conversation for the sake of diverting the conversation. I'm here as the voice of reason. Your entire ideology concerning the world is utter trash and that's why you of all people needs to go to school. Without school our society is useless, memorize it as fact.

Sup Asder, I was wondering when you were going to get pissed and create a second account.

I request an admin or mod to compare Asder's and Voice's IP addresses. Scratchchin

[Image: gPE89.gif]

[Image: DeusExTestSign.jpg]

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly." - Albert Einstein

"Within a few years a simple and inexpensive device, readily carried about, will enable one to receive on land or sea the principal news, to hear a speech, a lecture, a song or play of a musical instrument, conveyed from any other region of the globe." - Nikola Tesla
06-05-2011 10:08 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

UltraRobot Wrote:I request an admin or mod to compare Asder's and Voice's IP addresses. Scratchchin
The IP's do not correspond.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
06-05-2011 10:56 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

SoulRiser Wrote:
UltraRobot Wrote:I request an admin or mod to compare Asder's and Voice's IP addresses. Scratchchin
The IP's do not correspond.

That doesn't mean anything. He could be using multiple computers. Or a proxy.

I mean damn you must have at least six IPs under my account.
06-05-2011 11:37 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

I remember when I had to browse SS for an entire year under proxies.
"shudders"
06-05-2011 07:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  An SS Address. Absnt 6 3,410 06-03-2011 04:38 PM
Last Post: username01462781