RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TO ALL: wanna help me screw over a college assignment?
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
TO ALL: wanna help me screw over a college assignment?

so first off, whoa. havent signed in here in...over 2 years now. and havent been active much for 4. 0.0 holyshit.
and it looks like mostly new minions, well, welcome to the lot of you ;D i sold part of my soul to this forum throughout middleschool and after a bit, i hope many of you are doing the same ^_^

NOW, i'd like to enlist whomever desires to help. my college prof wants us to submit test-essays to this online site that "checks for plagiarism." He invited us to see if we could "beat the system"... So my first thought, of course, was SS.
Anyone, and everyone, post an essay once to this thread (preferably philosophy based, but it doesnt actually matter) long or short, bullshit or not, i mean preferably without terrible cursing and such, but almost anything, grammar can go to hell if you wish.
My guess is if it only rears its online head on this forum, this "plagiarism" checker thingy doesnt have a chance. especially with the tempforum (yeah wtf btw? when did this happen?)
AND if it does find it...0.0 well that'd be sufficiently creepifying. especially considering some of the things i've posted here over the years...god i feel so fucking old xD

so, ALL OF YOU! help me fuck with the system a wee bit ;]

otherwise go on with your SS minion agendas and have a nice day Biggrin

i am me myself and i
we are very much the same
different types of entities
under one single name

Flock <3
09-11-2011 01:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)
Re: TO ALL: wanna help me screw over a college assignment?

Hory shet I remember you by your avatar, welcome back!

I guess I'll just post my AP English homework in a while... Laugh

[Image: glorious666.png]
09-11-2011 02:14 PM
psychopath Offline
Fanatic

Given 60 thank(s) in 54 post(s)

fuck you man
09-11-2011 07:10 PM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)

Welcome back Biggrin

How exactly does the thing check, though? These tempforums are blocking search engines currently, so it should in theory block whatever they use to scan websites as well. I think they mostly check those sites where anyone can submit essays, don't they?

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
09-11-2011 10:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

haiiii ^_^ ok yay. i sorta need it soon though >_<

and im not sure what it uses but the prof sounded quite sure we couldnt pull anything over him. sorta the "if its on the internet, this can find it" i cackled a bit though. perhaps he doesn't know about things like forums...

and :>_>: fuck you too? *said in a kind and confused manner*

i am me myself and i
under one single name

Flock <3
09-12-2011 01:17 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

What about something from the deep web? Pretty sure his search wouldn't yield anything from there.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
09-12-2011 01:59 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

There's no way it can search something like a members-only hidden forum or anything like that. If Google can't access it, that thing won't be able to either. But stuff on the public interwebs is all fair game and I know Copyscape is apparently quite good at finding copied bits and pieces. Not sure which one you're talking about though.

EDIT: Sometimes I wish I could go back to school/college all over again with the knowledge I have now... there are soo many ways to bypass writing an essay yourself, and still not get picked up by duplicate content checkers. Evil

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer

Hidden stuff:
09-12-2011 02:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

/thread

[Image: glorious666.png]
09-12-2011 05:44 AM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

ok true...hmph, it takes the fun out of beating a system when you know its easily beaten. ah well, regardless i must post something in that thing by tonight, so i might just check a writers forum =P

anywho, idk about that soul, i like writing too much to actually plagiarize xD

i am me myself and i
under one single name

Flock <3
09-12-2011 09:32 AM
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Quote:anywho, idk about that soul, i like writing too much to actually plagiarize xD
Lucky you. xD
I like writing about certain things, but not random prescribed bullshit... unless I can make a mockery of it somehow. Razz

Hidden stuff:
09-12-2011 09:52 AM
cryptevah72 Offline
Fanatic

but of course, making a subtle mockery of assigned subjects is great fun though, so it usually works out. technically, if its a well written essay, and opinionated (as college essays usually are) theres nothing they can really penalize you for, as long as you're not a jerk in class. and if tis research, usually you choose your own subject, and if you chose the course you're taking, there must be something you enjoy researching that works.

this is of course just a slightly educated speculation. i could be totally wrong and come crying to you with "YOU WERE RIGH! OH GOD IN HEAVEN YOU WERE RIIIIGHT! :waah: " in a couple years...or weeks...>_>
but heres to hoping.

speaking of the span of years, btw im in college xD
remember when me an matt were wee 7th graders? Wtf

i am me myself and i
under one single name

Flock <3
09-12-2011 11:07 AM
Phrozen_Soul Offline
From Now Until Velociraptor

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

Hidden stuff:
I positively absolutely LOATHE almost every second I am at school. Bullying, mindless work, boredom, 7 hours a day of absolute hatred. What’s not to love!? How many of you don’t like or hate school? Say you could still hang out with your friends at the mall or something instead of going to school?
Imagine a situation, April 20th, 1999. A Tuesday. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold would spark a revolution. Because these 2 seemingly harmless boys walked into Columbine and massacred 13 students and injured well over 20 more.
Many people blamed guns and video games. Let me quote something here, “ My son was killed because two angry boys had easy access to guns.” I mean this in the most respectful way, you couldn’t be more wrong. Guns were not a fuel, they were not the inspiration, to these boys guns where simply tool.
If you restrict guns Texans will simply get madder. No, we need to address the real problem here. SCHOOL. School has been the outlet for violence to many times. Virginia Tech, Columbine, Bathe School disaster, the list goes on and on. SO WHY DON’T WE FIX IT? School budgets being cut, more dress codes, and detention.
Why is it so hard to see that are current public “education” system is so flawed? It seems like congress just likes to blame the closest thing to these problems. Student Walk-Outs where deemed illegal, first amendment rights are being violated, and students are losing what little power they had to begin with.
About the first amendment rights, it seems freedom of speech has become backchatting and a punishable offence. A man once said “I would rather give my time to a friend than to someone who will punish me if I won’t”. This quote has almost become biblical to me in that it is a philosophy that I think everyone should believe in.

Short essay on school. Good luck.

"Ask them no more questions, never hear them lying"

People say the problem with me is I have psychotic tendencies and care not about other human beings I don't like and or know. So?
09-16-2011 07:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  6 Completely Legal Ways The Cops Can Screw You HeartofShadows 9 4,756 08-01-2010 10:01 AM
Last Post: MorikoMisa