RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forgotten day.
Spot-ify Offline
Pariah

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Forgotten day.

I am disgusted that there has been no mention of the horrors which happened 8 years ago. Nothing at school nothing on the news and more surprisingly nothing on the forums I read.

Rip

I used to be "The circus" as I forgot my login, but then hey-ho I remembered it.
09-12-2009 01:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hanny Offline
Fanatic

Given 6 thank(s) in 6 post(s)
Re: Forgotten day.

I noticed this, too.
It's very sad...
RIP guys.

[Image: 72eoaf.gif]
<Darthmat> I love the taste of meat in my mouth. Cory, I don't know how you live without it.
<Darthmat> "Forbidden meat tastes sweetest."

Penisometer
8======================================================================o
Conclusion: Still a penis.
09-12-2009 02:31 AM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

I noticed this too, and logged on just now, but you beat me to it.

We will never forget.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
09-12-2009 03:19 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

Wow... I didn't realize it was today until I read this post.

RIP
09-12-2009 03:39 AM
Vatman Offline
Foreplay in Ink

Given 98 thank(s) in 67 post(s)

Never will forget the ashes all over my dads cloths...

Some cupid kills with arrows, some with traps.
09-12-2009 05:18 AM
vonunov Offline
Badgrr

Given 186 thank(s) in 126 post(s)

I guess I'll have to be the one to say that the 9/11 shit has petered off because most everyone is sick of dwelling on it. It's been fucking eight years. Yeah, it's unfortunate. Yeah, we all still feel sorry for everyone involved. But most of us don't want to commemorate it every year till damn doomsday. It's the same thing we do with other disasters. We mourn for a while, observe the event for a few years, and then move on.
09-12-2009 05:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spot-ify Offline
Pariah

Jack Wrote:I guess I'll have to be the one to say that the 9/11 shit has petered off because most everyone is sick of dwelling on it. It's been fucking eight years. Yeah, it's unfortunate. Yeah, we all still feel sorry for everyone involved. But most of us don't want to commemorate it every year till damn doomsday. It's the same thing we do with other disasters. We mourn for a while, observe the event for a few years, and then move on.
The fact of the matter is though we have not moved on lets look at a headline for today http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... omber.html yet another plane bombing/hi-jacking story. Also another story is obviously about the war in Afghanistan, we are only in Afghanistan due to 9/11 so saying 'move on' is an understatement as effects on 2001 are still killing our finest now!

I used to be "The circus" as I forgot my login, but then hey-ho I remembered it.
09-12-2009 05:41 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

Yes, but, I don't like all the remember 9/11 things on the news, the families that went through this don't need to be reminded again. A small mention is expected, but to have "NEVA FORGET" On every channel is a bit extreme and pointless.

My friend's class watched a video, I had gym though, so we didn't.

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
09-12-2009 06:19 AM
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

You know eight years really isn't that long, right? I can see how some people would be getting tired of commemorating something like Pearl Harbor day, but 9/11 was not some obscure even from the distant past and is still completely relevant.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
09-12-2009 06:24 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

But I just don't think we should be putting the family through all this. I don't know. I mean, I think a moment to think about it each year is enough. I think everyone that died in the fire would want us to live our lives, instead of crying over their loss.

Faith o' Meter
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
09-12-2009 06:26 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

I don't you should exactly be gushing over the losses, but just remember the event.

[Image: funny-gifs-wax-on-wax-owl.gif]
09-12-2009 06:33 AM
Spot-ify Offline
Pariah

john tuttle Wrote:I don't you should exactly be gushing over the losses, but just remember the event.
Indeed, we should remember the event and those who were killed but not over do it.

My point in this thread was I wake up and watch;
BBC Breakfast news - there was nothing on it.
Listen to the radio - Nothing on it
School - No mention
Forums - No mention

It was a horrific day we should remember it and how it changed the world as we know it.

09-12-2009 06:44 AM
vonunov Offline
Badgrr

Given 186 thank(s) in 126 post(s)

My post was phrased badly. 9/11 shouldn't be forgotten, and is still relevant, yes. What I mean is that we've had enough media whoring over it. Everyone remembers, but IMO it's time to stop dwelling on it.
09-12-2009 07:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebelnerd Offline
Fanatic

Given 113 thank(s) in 97 post(s)

Well yeah, there's a big difference between remembering a tragedy and what the media (and Rudy fucking Giuliani) does to raise its ratings.

I think Buenaventura Durruti is a pretty cool guy. eh kills fascists and doesnt afraid of ruins.
The quickest way to kill a revolution is to wait for it.
09-12-2009 07:10 AM
Spot-ify Offline
Pariah

Jack Wrote:My post was phrased badly. 9/11 shouldn't be forgotten, and is still relevant, yes. What I mean is that we've had enough media whoring over it. Everyone remembers, but IMO it's time to stop dwelling on it.
I agree with the fact the media needs to stop dwelling on general terror.

My point in this topic though was I have seen no media coverage. Difference of opinions anyway.

09-12-2009 07:11 AM
returnal Away
cold like minnesota (brrr!)

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)

john tuttle Wrote:I don't you should exactly be gushing over the losses, but just remember the event.
This and what Rebelnerd said.

My history teacher put up a CNN broadcast of what happened, as it happened, 8 years ago.

woah dude
dude woah
09-12-2009 07:11 AM
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

RIP

(I still think those were missiles that hit the twin towers, but that's just me)

[Image: spooky-1.jpg]

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
09-12-2009 07:20 AM
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

Given 28 thank(s) in 23 post(s)

Jack Wrote:I guess I'll have to be the one to say that the 9/11 shit has petered off because most everyone is sick of dwelling on it. It's been fucking eight years. Yeah, it's unfortunate. Yeah, we all still feel sorry for everyone involved. But most of us don't want to commemorate it every year till damn doomsday. It's the same thing we do with other disasters. We mourn for a while, observe the event for a few years, and then move on.

This.

Tis the way of humanity..we mourn, accept, and rebuild.

" I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. " ~From the television show The Wonder Years
09-12-2009 07:42 AM
IllusoryDeath Away
~become away~

Given 8 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Pieman Wrote:

This.

Tis the way of humanity..we mourn, accept, and rebuild.

This, but it should be added that although we mourn, accept, and rebuild, we also learn from the worlds' tragedies. Or, at least we should....though I can sadly testify that the most of humanity never does, in the end. Obviously.

My history teacher last year tried to get the students to care about the soldiers who had lost their families, their loves, and their lives during the wars throughout history - on both sides of those fighting. Needless to say, really, hardly anybody in the room was even remotely moved. One or two even laughed when we were watching a documentary on Vietnam. No

That doesn't even completely go for when we were learning about wars. I recall one time where he was talking about how much better we here in the US have it compared to those in 3rd world countries. We think the day sucks when our iPod screen smashes our our cellphones don't have enough bars. They worry about getting enough food to eat that day and if their children will make it through another night. Of course there are an admittedly large amount of exceptions, and I know that I'm generalizing humanity (but namely the American civilization) into 'Lyke ZOMG' airheads, but stereotypes are always, ALWAYS based upon truth.

Yet again, fail points are given out all across the universe....

Anyway.

Props to my history teacher and the five or six students in the room including myself who actually gave a damn about what he was preaching.

This image is fantastic. Depressing as all get-out, but still fantastic nonetheless:
Hidden stuff:
[Image: Oblivious_by_xXIncendiaXx.jpg]
Credit of this image goes to its artist, xXIncrediaXx, @ http://xxincendiaxx.deviantart.com/
09-12-2009 08:02 AM
Spot-ify Offline
Pariah

That image is awesome on so many levels.

09-12-2009 08:23 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

Bah, yes it's a tragedy, but when I noticed it was 9/11 I laughed my ass off. People died, yes, so what? They've been dead for eight fucking years now. Get. Over. It. There have been much larger massacres before, why are we dwelling on this one? I for one say we should get the fuck over it, leave the people who were affected by it alone, and get on with our lives. Our culture is far too focused on the past. One single event caused mass terror, invasion and suicide (yes, suicide). It would be a lot better if we didn't focus on these things.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
09-12-2009 10:20 AM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

That picture was awesome. Deserving of a medal. We're all like that at times, we can't lie to ourselves. But as I said, I'm not one to promote dwelling in the past, It's the present that matters it's the people that are dying now that matters. I know that when I die, I want happiness and smiles at my funeral. I want everyone to stay in the present, because it's not right that one person dies, and everyone stops living, it's not what I would want.

Although, I don't know about other people, I believe this is what should happen. Maybe a day of every year where we mourn tragety and death, but I think that it's best for everyone.

Faith o' Meter
09-12-2009 10:39 AM
Spot-ify Offline
Pariah

AWOL Wrote:Bah, yes it's a tragedy, but when I noticed it was 9/11 I laughed my ass off. People died, yes, so what? They've been dead for eight fucking years now. Get. Over. It. There have been much larger massacres before, why are we dwelling on this one? I for one say we should get the fuck over it, leave the people who were affected by it alone, and get on with our lives. Our culture is far too focused on the past. One single event caused mass terror, invasion and suicide (yes, suicide). It would be a lot better if we didn't focus on these things.
The difference is though is it though it changed the face of terror.
We have many more terror attacks on our home land now - The police this week foiled yet another 7/7 style attack then the week before a Lockerbie style bombing so saying just 'move on' is an under statement. Until terrorism is no long an issue I see no reason why we should stop remembering the horrific day and the day America was stood still.

09-12-2009 06:50 PM
random_name Offline
Fanatic

Given 15 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

It was all over the television last night. I ended up watching half a documentary on it, was told o turn it off because it was depressing, then watched a film about the whole day, then another documentary on it.

It's one of those things where most people can remember where they were. I was in school. My Dad heard it on the radio at his building site. He immediatley packed up, told his workmate they were going home becasuse WW3 was about to start.

Hidden stuff:
"A 'no' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The irrationality of a thing is no argument against its existence, rather a condition of it."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin

"when I was a kid I used to pray for a bicycle. then I realized that god doesn't work that way. so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness."
"I would rather die for something I believe in than live for anything else."
"What is the task of higher education? To make a man into a machine. What are the means employed? He is taught how to suffer being bored." – F W Nietzsche
[Image: s-event.png]
09-12-2009 07:03 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

Rebelnerd Wrote:Well yeah, there's a big difference between remembering a tragedy and what the media (and Rudy fucking Giuliani) does to raise its ratings.

THIS.
09-12-2009 08:43 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

I didn't know 9/11 happened until one or two years ago. IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL FOR ME. People died, yay, less humanity to deal with.

09-13-2009 09:20 AM
whistlingwings Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

OK, come on, you're a fucking stupid person. Yes, it's been 8 years, but people DIED. And you say you "laughed" at it and that there's "less humanity to deal with"? Go fuck yourself...
09-13-2009 09:25 AM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Humanity is the most failed race on Earth. We're too diverse for our own good, we put painful memories, luxuries and love before our own survival.

Fuck Humanity.

09-13-2009 09:36 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

random_name Wrote:It was all over the television last night. I ended up watching half a documentary on it, was told o turn it off because it was depressing, then watched a film about the whole day, then another documentary on it.

It's one of those things where most people can remember where they were. I was in school. My Dad heard it on the radio at his building site. He immediatley packed up, told his workmate they were going home becasuse WW3 was about to start.

9/11 will be the reference day of our generation, like previous generations had Pearl Harbor, the Moon Landing, and the JFK assassination. I was at home at the time, before I was about to go to school. At our school we ended up leaving for home before noon. Similarly, my dad, who works at the Prudential building in Chicago, got the day off because they were shutting down tall buildings in every city.

During the moment of silence at our school yesterday, the people behind me were talking about getting high scores on video games.

I laugh every time somebody says "OMG GAIZ MAH LIFE SUKS MA PARENTS WONT GET ME A NEW PHONE ETC..." I'm not saying they should give up all worldly possessions, but just think of how worse your life could be.

09-13-2009 09:44 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

random_name Wrote:It was all over the television last night. I ended up watching half a documentary on it, was told o turn it off because it was depressing, then watched a film about the whole day, then another documentary on it.

9/11 will be the reference day of our generation, like previous generations had Pearl Harbor, the Moon Landing, and the JFK assassination. I was at home at the time, before I was about to go to school. At our school we ended up leaving for home before noon. Similarly, my dad, who works at the Prudential building in Chicago, got the day off because they were shutting down tall buildings in every city.

During the moment of silence at our school yesterday, the people behind me were talking about getting high scores on video games.

I laugh every time somebody says "OMG GAIZ MAH LIFE SUKS MA PARENTS WONT GET ME A NEW PHONE ETC..." I'm not saying they should give up all worldly possessions, but just think of how worse your life could be.

09-13-2009 09:44 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Forgotten already? Sociopath 15 1,179 10-06-2009 09:03 AM
Last Post: Fire Elf