RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Age and Sex
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)
Age and Sex

This is a pretty touchy subject that gets nailed by any politician because they can claim its for the safety of young people. It's also something I wanted to get off my chest.

Have we forgotten that sex is completely natural and that we are ready to engage in intercourse 4 or 5 years before the restriction?

Underage sex happens for a reason, because the body is ready for it. The problem is, we extend childhood and compulsory education over the time that our body is ready. It is constructed to suit the needs of a working environment and not the nature of a human being, so that they can support a child by working. Supporting a child whilst in school is a problem due to income, so the compulsory education system and working is at fault and conflict with human nature.

I hear people talk ill of 'underage' sex and it just makes me angry. If young people were treated like 'adults' and with respect then maybe they would respect sex and know what they may be getting into, not: "O HAI YOU'RE CUTE LETS HAVE SEX".

Some may argue that young people don't know what they're doing and don't consider the future, but isn't that a fault of the older generation using raging hormones as a scapegoat for poor sexual education and support?

In an ideal world we would be much more supportive of sex from puberty and teach that it is perfectly natural and acceptable to do so and give all the advice on sex, sexual diseases, condoms, etc and education would not conflict with giving birth or having sex.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
06-05-2011 08:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: The man
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)
Re: Age and Sex

[Image: O0O]
I'm so sorry I had to

But the level of Sex Ed at my school was decent enough, as in if you actually showed up to PSHME the idea was pretty quickly nailed through your head that IF YOU HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX YOU'LL HAVE A KID and KIDS ARE UGLY WHINING SHITS WHO NEED LODS OF EMONE. I don't know how anyone could have missed that.
06-05-2011 09:38 AM
TheCancer Offline
Fanatic

Given 568 thank(s) in 340 post(s)

I'm sure this has been discussed here but what do you think the age of consent should be? Anyone...

If you want to be a different fish, you've got to jump out of the school.

Captain Beefheart
06-05-2011 09:41 AM
UltraRobot Offline
I need you to escape.

Given 6 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

As long as both parties agree with doing it, I see absolutely no problem with protected sex, even if it's "underage" sex.

[Image: gPE89.gif]

[Image: DeusExTestSign.jpg]

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly." - Albert Einstein

"Within a few years a simple and inexpensive device, readily carried about, will enable one to receive on land or sea the principal news, to hear a speech, a lecture, a song or play of a musical instrument, conveyed from any other region of the globe." - Nikola Tesla
06-05-2011 10:15 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

06-05-2011 10:16 AM
TheCancer Offline
Fanatic

Given 568 thank(s) in 340 post(s)

UltraRobot Wrote:As long as both parties agree with doing it, I see absolutely no problem with protected sex, even if it's "underage" sex.

even if it's a 7 year old and 50 year old?

If you want to be a different fish, you've got to jump out of the school.

Captain Beefheart
06-05-2011 10:20 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

I think once one hits pubity, thats when we should start to consider sex laws. This is a bit of a problem because some start earlier than others.

You're going to get 50 year olds having sex with 7 years old regardless of what the law dictates.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
06-05-2011 10:32 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

First off... the age of consent should not be a hard age limit. Different types of sexual interaction would have different age limits if you look at it logically... to be honest if there was a universal age of consent it should be about 14. Before anyone starts calling me a pedo understand that pedophilia is an attraction to PRE-pubescent kids... also Italy has an age of consent of 14 and so does Germany... two first world countries.... I also really don't like "statutory rape" laws... how dumb is it to say, "you wanted it and you both consented and enjoyed the sex... but since we think he/she is too old we are going to criminally charge him/her which will probably harm you the minor but we really don't care because we are fucking dicks."

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
06-05-2011 10:45 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

TheCancer Wrote:I'm sure this has been discussed here but what do you think the age of consent should be? Anyone...

There shouldn't be one.

[Image: 86388a3d_Pedo+bear.png]

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
06-05-2011 11:47 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Just a new boogy man for the politicians now that they can't fuck around with the homosexuals and unmarried sexfiends anymore. Anyway Magikarp accidently deleted my post but to sum it up I believe sex laws are crap because even before we had them we had people engaging in sexual bahavior and they used common fucking sense so no you won't see 50 year olds and 6 year olds fucking one another.

Either way its just fear mongering..

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
06-05-2011 01:53 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

HeartofShadows Wrote:Just a new boogy man for the politicians now that they can't fuck around with the homosexuals and unmarried sexfiends anymore.
Fucking win, you nailed it...

[Image: glorious666.png]
06-05-2011 02:15 PM
magikarp Offline
Valerie Solanas

Given 68 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

Uh, I accidentally edited out most of your post when I tried to quote part of it HoS and I don't remember what it said. I'm really really sorry. D:

Quote:Just a new boogy man for the politicians now that they can't fuck around with the homosexuals and unmarried sexfiends anymore.
Plus they can still use it to fuck around with gay people if they want, kill two birds with one stone! The age of consent is 16 here with a close-in-age exemption, but it's 18 for anal sex without a close-in-age exemption, so that they can arrest both of those faggots. :D

(Admittedly, I'm just being an asshole about it though, because I don't think it's actually enforced and was ruled unconstitutional in several provinces but not federally.)

"Do we treat straight public sex differently than we do gay public sex? Of course. Straight people are so proud of their public sex that they named a cocktail after it."
06-05-2011 03:28 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Well shit.
I should have quoted all of it. Laugh

[Image: glorious666.png]
06-05-2011 06:23 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

magikarp Wrote:Uh, I accidentally edited out most of your post when I tried to quote part of it HoS and I don't remember what it said. I'm really really sorry. D:
DEATH 2 MAGIKARP
06-05-2011 07:27 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

magikarp Wrote:Uh, I accidentally edited out most of your post when I tried to quote part of it HoS and I don't remember what it said. I'm really really sorry. D:

Quote:Just a new boogy man for the politicians now that they can't fuck around with the homosexuals and unmarried sexfiends anymore.
Plus they can still use it to fuck around with gay people if they want, kill two birds with one stone! The age of consent is 16 here with a close-in-age exemption, but it's 18 for anal sex without a close-in-age exemption, so that they can arrest both of those faggots. Biggrin

(Admittedly, I'm just being an asshole about it though, because I don't think it's actually enforced and was ruled unconstitutional in several provinces but not federally.)

Aww Magikarp its quite alright.
I don't remember it word for word but eh I got it close enough.
For some reason I just find it funny that somebody has to be 18 to get it up their pooper..
Still I can't see the pigs enforcing it unless they were really homophobic.

image hosting jpg
06-05-2011 07:52 PM
Hannah-chan Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

The AoC is alright over here - 16 - but I don't agree with it, exactly. It's a little sexist - in the only men can really be proscecuted over here.

Our sex ed was also decently reasonable - don't get pressured, and use protection, pretty much. But they did use shock images to 'persuade' the kids to use condoms... Not pleasant.

I dunno, some people are ready emotionally at 14, some at 16, some at 18.

BRITISH MEMBER

[Image: BritishFlag.jpg][Image: BritishFlag.jpg][Image: BritishFlag.jpg]
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:If I hear a plumber/construction worker/carpenter/whatever say "I'm a hard worker" and the make-up addled plastic bitch replies with "I'll bet that's not the only thing that's hard" ONE MORE TIME
06-07-2011 07:01 AM
gore goroth Offline
trollface abbath

Given 74 thank(s) in 52 post(s)

Anyone miss the good old days when you could do whatever you want as a teen and teens were considered responisble citizens? WTF happened?

" The three biggest things politicians hide behind. The bible, the flag, and children." -George Carlin.

[Image: 1127%20-%20animated_gif%20crazy_frog%20d...mortal.gif]
06-07-2011 02:11 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

gore goroth Wrote:Anyone miss the good old days when you could do whatever you want as a teen and teens were considered responisble citizens? WTF happened?

" The two biggest things politicians hide behind. The bible, the flag, and children." -George Carlin.

Amen to that.
I remember I guy I was talking to discussing something that made me wonder..

"I think a quote I've read is relevant here...
"New theories are born when old scientists die."
Perhaps our advances in medicine are holding back our advances in thought, morals and ideologies.
Just a thought."

image hosting jpg
06-08-2011 08:43 PM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

I don't think there should be a law. If your daughter has sex with a 50 year old man, well that's called back fucking parenting.

I have some girl friends that are 2-3 years younger than me. So when I'm 18, I can't have sex with any of them. But...I doubt the law will stop meh!

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
06-08-2011 09:25 PM
batboy138 Offline
MASTA SLAPA

Given 8 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

I'm sorry guys, but I disagree. Children aren't ready for sex, regardless if they hit puberty.

"There's no 'I' in 'Team'." Yeah, but there is a "me" in "Team" spelled backwards!
06-15-2011 09:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

I'm 15 and I just hooked up with a 25 year old. lol

To be an anarchist, is to suffer greatly. To be a black woman is to suffer secretly. To be the earth, is to suffer silently.

I wish no harm on anyone, but those whose harmful ways will not stop without the same harm.

It's time we kill this cancerous system, before it kills us and everything left of gaia. Rise from our immaturity and take back our autonomy!

[Image: 2010-10-04-lost-my-appetite.jpg]
06-15-2011 10:05 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

hatemylifeiwanttodie Wrote:I'm 15 and I just hooked up with a 25 year old. lol
sup night artist
06-15-2011 10:29 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

batboy138 Wrote:I'm sorry guys, but I disagree. Children aren't ready for sex, regardless if they hit puberty.

They aren't children if they hit puberty. YOU LOSE!

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
06-15-2011 10:39 AM
.Manicrose. Offline
CODSWALLOP

Given 16 thank(s) in 11 post(s)

BaronVonStrangle Wrote:
sup night artist
Goddamn you beat me to it.

Go to work. Send your kids to school. Follow fashion. Act normal. Walk on the pavement. Watch TV. Save for your old age. Obey the law. Repeat after me: "I am free."

Hidden stuff:
06-15-2011 10:41 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

[Image: emot-ninja.gif]
06-15-2011 10:46 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

HOLY SELF ESTEEM BATMAN!
06-15-2011 11:09 AM
Hannah-chan Offline
Revolutionary

Given 3 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Be careful.

And, for the record, there's maybe a week between me and my boyfriend - but there were 9 years between my brother (26) and his girlfriend (16,17) when they got together and they were matched just fine, so ho hum, each to their own.

BRITISH MEMBER

[Image: BritishFlag.jpg][Image: BritishFlag.jpg][Image: BritishFlag.jpg]
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:If I hear a plumber/construction worker/carpenter/whatever say "I'm a hard worker" and the make-up addled plastic bitch replies with "I'll bet that's not the only thing that's hard" ONE MORE TIME
06-15-2011 06:57 PM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Comrade Wrote:
HOLY SELF ESTEEM BATMAN!

Not to mention hes a panhandling squatter. And we met in the street.
Hiding

To be an anarchist, is to suffer greatly. To be a black woman is to suffer secretly. To be the earth, is to suffer silently.

I wish no harm on anyone, but those whose harmful ways will not stop without the same harm.

It's time we kill this cancerous system, before it kills us and everything left of gaia. Rise from our immaturity and take back our autonomy!

06-15-2011 10:33 PM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Also, sex laws are stupid. Why is the government trying to control how humans interact with one another? Why are they trying to control my body? WHo gives them the right to control people's fucking bodies?
Also, sex laws fail because it's impossible to monitor everyone's fucking bodies. WHAT THE FUCK

I'd rather go to jail, then worry about some damn sex laws. BULLLSHIT

06-15-2011 10:40 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:
batboy138 Wrote:I'm sorry guys, but I disagree. Children aren't ready for sex, regardless if they hit puberty.

They aren't children if they hit puberty. YOU LOSE!

Ah the good old days..
When 13 or 14 you were considered *grown up* and old people weren't given any respect unless they earned it somehow.

hatemylifeiwanttodie Wrote:Also, sex laws are stupid. Why is the government trying to control how humans interact with one another? Why are they trying to control my body? WHo gives them the right to control people's fucking bodies?
Also, sex laws fail because it's impossible to monitor everyone's fucking bodies. WHAT THE FUCK

I'd rather go to jail, then worry about some damn sex laws. BULLLSHIT

Young women>Middle aged Women.

image hosting jpg
06-16-2011 01:42 AM