RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I just hate school like it's killing me
Raddaya Offline
Defiant

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Why I just hate school like it's killing me

Sorry for the title. Warning: rant.

11 fucking years old and enough to hate this ingenious torture device often called by the misleading name "school".
Backchatting eh? In my language its called "mukhe mukhe torko kora" which means literally, "arguing face to face".
I mean WTF? Luckily I have the luxury of the parents of my side.

Yesterday this sooooooo crap teacher was going on about what school does to us. Nice advice man. Unfortunately, to her the glass was half full. I could not resist and I just stood up and showed her that the glass is in reality half empty. She replied "Pessimists never go forward in life." I said "YAY! kewl cuz Imma optimist and my earlier rant proves it."
RESULT: Instant fucking respect. Yo.

I HATE SCHOOL!
and so I am kewl.

We don't need school's.
09-16-2009 10:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spot-ify Offline
Pariah

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Re: Why I just hate school like it's killing me

Cool story bro.

I used to be "The circus" as I forgot my login, but then hey-ho I remembered it.
09-16-2009 10:10 PM
CrayolaColours Offline
Fanatic

Given 28 thank(s) in 25 post(s)

You seem pretty mature for your age, you remind me of someone I know from High School. That's good.

I love telling teachers off, it gives me a fuzzy feeling inside.

Sorry person, it just gets worse from where you are now, Middle School is a bitch, I can't explain it any other way. High School gets better. Just a little heads up.

Quote:Cool story bro.
Must you be an ass? Rolleyes

[Image: True-Blood-Banner-true-blood-2196368-500-82.jpg]
Faith o' Meter
-{|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}-
Quote:Riddle me this, riddle me that. Give me a straight answer, you pain in the ass cat.
09-16-2009 10:13 PM
Spot-ify Offline
Pariah

CrayolaColours Wrote:You seem pretty mature for your age

I thought that until I read the end
Raddaya Wrote:I HATE SCHOOL!
and so I am kewl.

I used to be "The circus" as I forgot my login, but then hey-ho I remembered it.
09-16-2009 10:18 PM
IllusoryDeath Away
~become away~

Given 8 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

Spot-ify Wrote:
CrayolaColours Wrote:You seem pretty mature for your age

I thought that until I read the end
Raddaya Wrote:I HATE SCHOOL!
and so I am kewl.
09-17-2009 07:04 AM
Raddaya Offline
Defiant

...I couldn't find a good ending dammit. "I hate school and so I am kewl" surprised even me that I didn't find anything good enough worth typing.
Reading it over its like a crappy rant but after all computers come so expensive nowadays....
(If you don't get that think of the motherboard lying in a bloody mess. Hmm, motherboard sauce.)
09-17-2009 11:32 PM
Spot-ify Offline
Pariah

Raddaya Wrote:...I couldn't find a good ending dammit. "I hate school and so I am kewl" surprised even me that I didn't find anything good enough worth typing.
Reading it over its like a crappy rant but after all computers come so expensive nowadays....
(If you don't get that think of the motherboard lying in a bloody mess. Hmm, motherboard sauce.)
[Image: implied-facepalm.jpg]

09-18-2009 01:11 AM
Raddaya Offline
Defiant

Spot-ify is that your uncle?
Its a super picture anyway....
I wish he was looking at our maths teacher, Rina Thakur like that.
09-18-2009 06:42 PM
Spot-ify Offline
Pariah

Raddaya Wrote:Spot-ify is that your uncle?
Unfortunately not, he is our first last and only and only line of defence against the worse, the universe.

09-19-2009 12:32 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I can't hate school enough Sunflower 7 13,359 06-24-2017 08:53 PM
Last Post: stevehein
  i hate school so much.. lonelypanda 3 3,983 03-02-2017 12:26 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  I Hate School Guest 13 7,233 01-21-2017 08:54 AM
Last Post: Marlena403
  Is it OK that kids hate school? lisafromjackson 12 10,953 01-03-2017 08:11 AM
Last Post: Superkamiguru
  [Quiz] How much do you hate school? SoulRiser 16 13,591 12-19-2016 12:16 PM
Last Post: Superkamiguru
  What to do if you hate school [WIP] SoulRiser 5 7,052 12-11-2016 06:32 PM
Last Post: xcriteria
  Question: Why, in particular, do you hate school? xcriteria 27 18,931 07-31-2016 09:56 AM
Last Post: DreamRebel
  I HATE SCHOOL SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!! >:( fish20 6 13,606 07-17-2016 12:56 AM
Last Post: Lucas Gallindo
  What to do if you hate school? SoulRiser 4 6,133 11-30-2015 04:15 AM
Last Post: no
  Do children hate school? If so why? MurkScribe 3 4,017 05-04-2015 05:00 AM
Last Post: James Comey