RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I snapped at a teacher...
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)
I snapped at a teacher...

I'm a pretty laid back kid, pretty cool, mellow and pretty peaceful. This month school has taken away that wonderful, cheerful quality of mine and turned it into stress and extreme anger.

Today at school, this kid had my USB because he wanted something from it, but I wanted my USB back because he didn't ask me for it. The teacher tells me to "Sit down." I will sit down..but first I want to get my usb, so I take it off him. And then the teacher takes my USB and confiscates because "I wouldn't listen to him."
Oh - my - fudging - gawd
So then I tell him that I was going to sit down (btw why would a teacher take my USB because I was delaying his command of me sitting down by 1 second to take my usb? LOL) but I had to get my USB back. He doesn't listen to me, so he's going to confiscate for a WHOLE WEEK. OMFG THIS IS IT. I just snapped, I asked nicely, and he didn't give my own personal property back...I YELLED AT HIM. Still doesn't give it back, instead, he calls it verbal abuse. As I'm talking to him he just walks off with my USB, I pull him back and say "You're not going anywhere until you give me back what is mine.." He says "WOW YOU WANNA GET PHYSICAL NOW DON'T YA PUNK? PHYSICAL ABUSE, YOU'RE IN DEEP TROUBLE YOUNG BOY!" You seriously do not understand how enraged I am at this point. All I did was stand up to get my USB back off a kid who took it from me, and now he confiscates my USB for a week and now I'm up for physical and verbal abuse. Then I say "Come on man! This is retarded!" Then he says something like "Oh you're using profanity now?" The rest of the 5 minutes was just yelling and screaming at each other in the hallways (mind you all the kids were watching, because the teacher wanted to walk off into the hallways where everyone can watch -.-)

I finally got my usb back, I cleaned up the Teachers classroom to "bribe" him into giving it back to me, and I finally get it back. Now I'm up for verbal abuse, physical abuse against a teacher which = suspension or expulsion. Fuck this.

What do you guys think? I reacted this way because he was going to confiscate my USB for no reason. Even some other kid in the class saw what happened and was on my side, but he got threatened with a detention if he wouldn't leave. Wow, teachers are so immature. I feel...that the law and the rules of the school are just making fun of me...but I feel achieved, because I stood my ground and finally got it back. I BELIEVE I did the right thing...

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
06-08-2011 09:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoulRiser Offline
Site Founder

Given 1978 thank(s) in 1208 post(s)
Re: I snapped at a teacher...

All you did was take back something that someone took from you without your permission. And then some third party who it didn't even concern, took your property away from you just because you didn't bow down to his absolute power.

In any other place, your angry reaction would be considered to be perfectly reasonable given the circumstances. It's only because you were in school that people would assume your reaction to be unreasonable simply because "the teacher is always right"... which is a load of crap.

"If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." - Dalai Lama
Help & Support - Get help with leaving school, unsupportive parents, and more.
Click here if school makes you depressed or suicidal

Support School Survival on Patreon or Donate Bitcoin Here: 1Q5WCcxWjayniaL92b8GfXBiGdfjmnUNa2
"Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it." - André Paul Guillaume Gide
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot of beauty that can only be found in the mind of a lunatic." - TheCancer
EIPD - Emotionally Incompetent Parent Disorder

Push Button for Collection of Useful Links:
Hidden stuff:
06-08-2011 10:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Efs Offline
Fanatic

SoulRiser Wrote:All you did was take back something that someone took from you without your permission. And then some third party who it didn't even concern, took your property away from you just because you didn't bow down to his absolute power.

In any other place, your angry reaction would be considered to be perfectly reasonable given the circumstances. It's only because you were in school that people would assume your reaction to be unreasonable simply because "the teacher is always right"... which is a load of crap.

I'm glad someone thinks like me. All the teachers think I'm a trouble boy. They're right, except school has made me a troubled boy. I feel so oppressed there. I can't wait to finish and have my freedom. Thank goodness this site exists otherwise I'd think I was the only person out there feeling this way.

06-08-2011 10:53 PM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

Efstratios Wrote:
SoulRiser Wrote:All you did was take back something that someone took from you without your permission. And then some third party who it didn't even concern, took your property away from you just because you didn't bow down to his absolute power.

I'm glad someone thinks like me. All the teachers think I'm a trouble boy. They're right, except school has made me a troubled boy. I feel so oppressed there. I can't wait to finish and have my freedom. Thank goodness this site exists otherwise I'd think I was the only person out there feeling this way.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/62840781@N08/5713914819/
06-09-2011 01:24 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

That teacher is a prick and technically... in any sane society... would be arrested for attempted theft. You have every right to try and take back your property. The educational system just tries to prepare you for oppressive government.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
06-09-2011 02:10 AM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Comrade Wrote:http://www.flickr.com/photos/62840781@N08/5713914819/
^ Lol is that you? Haha!

UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:That teacher is a prick and technically... in any sane society... would be arrested for attempted theft. You have every right to try and take back your property. The educational system just tries to prepare you for oppressive government.
I'm glad you think the same way, the school thinks what they're doing is right, and in reality...they can! That's what pisses me off the most! They can get away with it because it's "SCHOOL RULES", seriously, what the hell?

06-09-2011 03:56 PM
maxh Offline
Revolutionary

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Personally, my preferred method for dealing with such things is informing the teacher that if they do not return your property, you will be contacting emergency services.

Carla Franklin has never denied that on the afternoon of the third of August 2006 she raped and killed sixteen children celebrating their friend's fifth birthday and forced their parents to share a dinner of their remains.

If a teacher you don't know tries to bust you for something, just tell them "Jsem výměnný student, nemluvím anglicky. Tak jdi do prdele ty posranej hajzle, tvoje matka je kurva!", then send me money.
06-09-2011 04:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Efs Offline
Fanatic

maxh Wrote:Personally, my preferred method for dealing with such things is informing the teacher that if they do not return your property, you will be contacting emergency services.

Hmmm. I guess that wouldn't be a bad idea. But I think they wouldn't give it back either way even if you do ring the police. Because legally they can confiscate stuff I'm pretty sure, which is completely stupid imho.

06-09-2011 04:44 PM
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

Given 11 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

That teacher is a right prick. You were in the green. Next time you two have it out about something he's clearly being a prick about, if he pulls the physical abuse card, you pull the fist-in-his-nose card. You might get flak from the administration for a while, but for me, that would be worth it. Especially if your parents get on your side.

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
Rebelnerd Wrote:Avatar was an inside job.
For $9.11 I'll give you an inside job.
Raikuron Wrote:Okay. I fail. DISREGARD THAT EVERYONE, I SUCK COCKS!
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:fox you should take everything mystery says with a pinch of salt

and by pinch of salt i actually mean you need to build a fucking salt processing plant so you have enough salt to dispell the bullshit
06-09-2011 05:10 PM
Phrozen_Soul Offline
From Now Until Velociraptor

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

Comrade Wrote:
Efstratios Wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62840781@N08/5713914819/

Comrade i have a new found respect for you.

"Ask them no more questions, never hear them lying"

People say the problem with me is I have psychotic tendencies and care not about other human beings I don't like and or know. So?
06-10-2011 01:38 AM
RaiserZero Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

All I can say is that I respect your courage. You actually stood up for yourself and you weren't afraid of the consequences. I find that rare these days. I don't really see any bullshit like that in my school, so I guess it's normal I don't see people standing up for themselves. But still, I admire your courage, just think of the suspension/expulsion as a break from school xD.

All men who have achieved great things have been great dreamers.
06-10-2011 11:01 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

@phrozen
He called me a dog and i told him to go get fucked.
06-10-2011 02:30 PM
Pashupati Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

I remember one time when our principal took me my 7€ magazine I bought with my money and never returned it.
Also, in middle school, a little book. (thank God this one didn't interest me)
The worse is, that was one way I used to socialize, reading magazines and stuffs with people, and it was them (the school people) who wanted me to socialize. WTF.
Next time I see her, if I ever see her again, I ask her to give me 7€ back. I'm already preparing my arguments.
I don't even know why I accepted to give it. I should have stand up as long as you.
Sort of, I gave it because there could be verbal violence, physical violence, detention. Sort of, she had been menacing me.
07-03-2011 09:18 AM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Given 57 thank(s) in 47 post(s)

Sounds good.

Why don't you just withdraw from the school before they even expell you?

Life is good. Jeta është e mirë. Goingcrazy
Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

Zoidberg: What is it, already? What's the cause of your anger?
Leela: I guess I would have to say, I hate you!
07-03-2011 09:44 AM
AngryCollegeDude Offline
Renegade

Given 7 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

I don't blame you one bit. That teacher sounds like one of those authoritarian military types who think that because they have authority they can do what ever they want for any reason. People like that are by far the most frusturating people to deal with because even though you're in the right and they have no defense for their bullshit, they don't see it that way. And if they want, they don't even have to give you the chance to make a case for yourself just so they can be in the right. Try to make a case and you're "talking back" and would get in even more trouble. (like that jackass teacher I had who screamed at me for being a couple seconds late. Would only accept "yes or no" as an answer to "were you late" even though HE KNEW DAMN WELL I WAS LATE and only wanted to put me on the spot to prove some point.)

People like that have serious anger problems as well and therefore I have anger problems when I deal with them.
07-03-2011 12:07 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

AngryCollegeDude Wrote:(like that jackass teacher I had who screamed at me for being a couple seconds late. Would only accept "yes or no" as an answer to "were you late" even though HE KNEW DAMN WELL I WAS LATE and only wanted to put me on the spot to prove some point.)
Because he thinks it would shame you to admit that you made a "mistake" and he wants to shame you. Why he wants to shame you? I can only hazard a guess that he is re-enacting the abuse he incurred as a child.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

07-03-2011 12:29 PM
batboy138 Offline
MASTA SLAPA

Given 8 thank(s) in 6 post(s)

Should've pulled a knife on him.

"There's no 'I' in 'Team'." Yeah, but there is a "me" in "Team" spelled backwards!
07-03-2011 01:42 PM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

batboy138 Wrote:Should've pulled a knife on him.
That would go over well :/
07-04-2011 06:43 AM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

TEACHERS: " I'm an educated jerk, i went to college, and excelled at school so I have the right to tell you what the fuck to do, and I have the right to determine your future so you can be a miserable, square fuck like me because I missed out on all the fun. And you can question my authority, but I'll always look like the hero, because the world views me as a altruist that cares about the children of the future, and believes in the power of knowledge."

Fuck that shit. I go at my teachers all the damn time. That was a very bold thing to do. Keep going.

What's the point of living if your gonna have to take it up the ass everyday?
Rebel!

To be an anarchist, is to suffer greatly. To be a black woman is to suffer secretly. To be the earth, is to suffer silently.

I wish no harm on anyone, but those whose harmful ways will not stop without the same harm.

It's time we kill this cancerous system, before it kills us and everything left of gaia. Rise from our immaturity and take back our autonomy!

[Image: 2010-10-04-lost-my-appetite.jpg]
07-04-2011 07:12 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

hatemylifeiwanttodie Wrote:TEACHERS: " I'm an educated jerk, i went to college, and excelled at school so I have the right to tell you what the fuck to do, and I have the right to determine your future so you can be a miserable, square fuck like me because I missed out on all the fun. And you can question my authority, but I'll always look like the hero, because the world views me as a altruist that cares about the children of the future, and believes in the power of knowledge."

Fuck that shit. I go at my teachers all the damn time. That was a very bold thing to do. Keep going.

What's the point of living if your gonna have to take it up the ass everyday?
Rebel!
dropout and travel
07-04-2011 08:50 AM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Comrade Wrote:dropout and travel

Yeah, becoming a fugitive of the state and having your family who is connected to city council running around crying looking for you is definetly the life.
It's possible but hard to pull off.

To be an anarchist, is to suffer greatly. To be a black woman is to suffer secretly. To be the earth, is to suffer silently.

I wish no harm on anyone, but those whose harmful ways will not stop without the same harm.

It's time we kill this cancerous system, before it kills us and everything left of gaia. Rise from our immaturity and take back our autonomy!

07-04-2011 10:31 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

hatemylifeiwanttodie Wrote:

Yeah, becoming a fugitive of the state and having your family who is connected to city council running around crying looking for you is definetly the life.
It's possible but hard to pull off.

Leave the state... get mapquest directions (clear your history) and go on an epic journey or something.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
07-04-2011 12:59 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

Yeah, becoming a fugitive
Why would that happen?

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

07-04-2011 01:57 PM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Prince Rilian Wrote:

Yeah, becoming a fugitive
Why would that happen?

1. I'm a minor.
2. It's illegal to leave home or get emancipated without permission.
3. The state will look for me and they will try to either bring me back home, or put me in a mental institution, orphanage, or possibly even juvi. Because my parents and school and family most deifinetly will file a missing persons' report on me and it will suck.Trust me I know people who have tried running away and they had the entire staff of a school looking for them EVERYWHERE.
4. When you're a minor there are certain things you can't do without an ID, like getting a job.

The only way this will possibly work is if you move to an entire different city or something. I've heard stories of one girl who lived in germany ran away from home all the way to the UK, and her parents were at the door of the squat she was living in.

07-04-2011 02:06 PM
Prince Rilian Offline
attic fan

That sucks.

For some people it does work out. I guess it's just luck.

Die lewe is goed.
Het leven is goed.

07-04-2011 02:56 PM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Yeah.
Or, you could wait until you're 18 and suddenly free and not a pet of your parents. Time does pass...

[Image: glorious666.png]
07-04-2011 05:02 PM
Phrozen_Soul Offline
From Now Until Velociraptor

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

Lunatic Wrote:Yeah.
Or, you could wait until you're 18 and suddenly free and not a pet of your parents. Time does pass...

Or watch a marathon of Man vs. Wild and go in seclusion in the woods. Slowly building a relationship with the black ants. Over time, our differences will be forgotten.

"Ask them no more questions, never hear them lying"

People say the problem with me is I have psychotic tendencies and care not about other human beings I don't like and or know. So?
07-05-2011 03:57 AM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Yeah, but what's the point of wasting my life in school,if when I'm 18 and gonna say fuck everything and start a new life?

07-05-2011 05:37 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Yeah, but what's the point of wasting my life in school,if when I'm 18 and gonna say fuck everything and start a new life?
Because society/the man/etc says you have to.

[Image: glorious666.png]
07-05-2011 05:54 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Cause thats not going to work and i wish i had your life on video
07-11-2011 02:12 PM