RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quote Recommendation Thread
Denied Offline
Banned

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
Re: Quote Recommendation Thread

Quote:Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them.
Bill Vaughan
06-13-2010 08:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

NowhereWoman Wrote:"All I can do is be me, whoever that is."
Bob Dylan

I'd like to point out that no one puts this into practice.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
06-14-2010 12:32 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

"It is never wise to turn aside from knowing, however the knowing comes." - "Random" quote from Mary Steward's Hollow Hills, which I was reading basically because my mom was forcing me to, though I still enjoy it. I like this quote because I interpret it as voiding the "CENSORSHIP IS GOOD CUZ IT LIKE FREES KIDS FROM EVIL THINGS LOL" bullshit.

[Image: glorious666.png]
07-02-2010 06:21 PM
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)

Unknown Wrote:The worst part about censorship is *** ****

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
07-03-2010 01:02 AM
Sasayaki Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

“ Batteries are the most dramatic objects. Other things stop working, or they break, but batteries – they die.
“Why aren’t you listening to your Walkman?”
“I can’t. My batteries died in my lap this morning. They were so young. The twins are gone.”
If you’re a battery, you’re either working or you’re dead. It’s a shit life.
-Demetri Martin

~I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying. ~Charles C. Finn

~The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'.
I am committed to school.
07-03-2010 10:16 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself” --Charles Manson

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
07-05-2010 04:36 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. -- Mencken

It is the dull man who is always sure, and the sure man who is always dull. -- Mencken

Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and formal education positively fortifies it. -- Stephen Vizinczey

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. -- Elbert Hubbard

Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. -- P. J. O'Rourke

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity. -unknown

We are all born brave, trusting and greedy, and most of us remain greedy. -- Mignon McLaughlin

The point is that you can't be too greedy. -- Donald Trump

Conventionality is not morality. Self-righteousness is not religion. -- Charlotte Bronte

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal

The trouble with Communism is the Communists, just as the trouble with Christianity is the Christians. -- Mencken

Faith may be defined briefly as an illogical belief in the occurrence of the improbable. -- Mencken

A man full of faith is simply one who has lost (or never had) the capacity for clear and realistic thought. He is not a mere ass; he is actually ill. Worse, he is incurable. --Mencken

Sunday: A day given over by Americans to wishing that they themselves were dead and in Heaven, and that their neighbors were dead and in Hell.-- Mencken

Sunday School: A prison in which children do penance for the evil conscience of their parents. --Mencken

For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing. -- Mencken

Congress consists of one third, more or less, scoundrels; two thirds, more or less, idiots; and three thirds, more or less, poltroons. -- Menken

If I had my way, any man guilty of golf would be ineligible for any office of trust in the United States. -- Menken

Giving every man a vote has no more made men wise and free than Christianity has made them good. -- Menken

Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right. -- Menken

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies. -- Groucho Marx

More from Mencken

Idealist: One who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup.

Morality: The theory that every human act must either be right or wrong, and that 99% of them are wrong.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.

A judge is a law student who marks his own examination papers.

All [zoos] actually offer to the public in return for the taxes spent upon them is a form of idle and witless amusement, compared to which a visit to a penitentiary, or even to a State legislature in session, is informing, stimulating and ennobling.

Conscience is a mother-in-law whose visit never ends.

Conscience is the inner voice that warns us somebody may be looking

Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.

Criticism is prejudice made plausible.

It is hard to believe that a man is telling the truth when you know that you would lie if you were in his place.

Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.

It is now quite lawful for a Catholic woman to avoid pregnancy by a resort to mathematics, though she is still forbidden to resort to physics or chemistry.

A celebrity is one who is known to many persons he is glad he doesn't know.

Misogynist: A man who hates women as much as women hate one another.

Platitude: an idea (a) that is admitted to be true by everyone, and (b) that is not true.

Say what you will about the Ten Commandments, you must always come back to the pleasant fact that there are only ten of them.

The demagogue is one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots.

War will never cease until babies begin to come into the world with larger cerebrums and smaller adrenal glands.

The penalty for laughing in a courtroom is six months in jail; if it were not for this penalty, the jury would never hear the evidence.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
07-06-2010 02:11 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

All the good people of this world are already dead.
—Now and Then Here and There

image hosting jpg
07-12-2010 06:59 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

“When people fear the government – that is tyranny;
When government fears the people – that is liberty.”
– Thomas Jefferson

image hosting jpg
07-15-2010 04:06 PM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

Some very nice, beautiful and very truthful quotes.

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
07-15-2010 10:47 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Efstratios Wrote:Some very nice, beautiful and very truthful quotes.

Indeed all we can do is archive.

History is written by the victors.- Winston Churchill

image hosting jpg
07-17-2010 03:21 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Hope is a bad thing. It means that you are not what you want to be. It means that part of you is dead, if not all of you. It means that you entertain illusions. It's a sort of spiritual clap, I should say. :Miller, Henry

image hosting jpg
07-20-2010 12:20 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

The American ideal is youth --handsome, empty youth. Miller, Henry

"The world itself is pregnant with failure, is the perfect manifestation of imperfection, of the consciousness of failure." Miller, Henry

"Fame is an illusive thing -- here today, gone tomorrow. The fickle, shallow mob raises its heroes to the pinnacle of approval today and hurls them into oblivion tomorrow at the slightest whim; cheers today, hisses tomorrow; utter forgetfulness in a few months." Miller, Henry

"Whatever needs to be maintained through force is doomed."

Miller, Henry

"I see America spreading disaster. I see America as a black curse upon the world. I see a long night settling in and that mushroom which has poisoned the world withering at the roots."

Miller, Henry

image hosting jpg
07-22-2010 03:03 AM
Sociopath Offline
©o℗yright Infringe®

Given 160 thank(s) in 104 post(s)

"Government is security without freedom, Anarchy is freedom without security." -unknown

BTW,.--

"Surely the ass who invented the first religion ought to be the first ass damned" -Mark Twain

"The hands that help are better than lips that pray." -Robert Green Ingersoll

==Annie Dillard====================-

Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?"

Priest: "No, not if you did not know."

Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"

================================
"Without religion, we'd have good people doing good things, and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -Stephen Weinberg

"'What I believe' is a process rather than a finality. Finalities are for gods and governments, not for the human intellect." - Emma Goldman

"The great are great only because we are on our knees. Let us rise!" --Max Stirner, The Ego and His Own

"Anarchists are opposed to violence; everyone knows that. The main plank of anarchism is the removal of violence from human relations. It is life based on freedom of the individual, without the intervention of the gendarme. For this reason we are the enemies of capitalism which depends on the protection of the gendarme to oblige workers to allow themselves to be exploited--or even to remain idle and go hungry when it is not in the interest of the bosses to exploit them. We are therefore enemies of the State which is the coercive violent organization of society." --Errico Malatesta

Hidden stuff:
TRIGGER WARNING: THIS TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS TRIGGER WARNINGS!

Dear Tumblrites: Despite your wrongly self-diagnosed PTSD, no line of scientific evidence suggests people can be triggered over the internet. Triggering works through the senses (i.e. smell, taste, touch, vision, hearing.) but it goes through real time; if you're not experiencing it in real life as it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING in your ACTUAL life, you CANNOT be triggered. The only exception to this is if you have a seizure, but then again, that's triggered by epilepsy (i.e. rapidly-changing flashing lights) NOT PTSD. Remembering a bad incident is NOT the same thing as having a flashback. When you remember, you think; when you flashback, you feel.

#HashTagsAreForIdiots

[Image: violator_blackbg_110x32.gif]
Max Stirnir Wrote:"In the time of spirits thoughts grew till they overtopped my head, whose offspring they yet were; they hovered about me and convulsed me like fever-phantasies -- an awful power. The thoughts had become corporeal on their own account, were ghosts, e. g. God, Emperor, Pope, Fatherland, etc. If I destroy their corporeity, then I take them back into mine, and say: "I alone am corporeal." And now I take the world as what it is to me, as mine, as my property; I refer all to myself." The Ego and Its Own, pg. 15
Charles Manson Wrote:“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
HeartofShadows Wrote:"Life is nothing more than a druggie trying to get their quick fix of happiness while dealing with the harsh withdrawal of reality"
Osip Mandelstam Wrote:"I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes." The Fourth Prose, 1930.
Lukas Foss Wrote:That is why the analogy of stealing does not work. With a thief, we want to know how much money he stole, and from whom. With the artist it is not how much he took and from whom, but what he did with it.
PIRATE Pirate2 MEMBER
 Pirate Join the crew!Pirate
07-25-2010 11:57 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

"I accidentally the entire world.

Is this bad?"

-Lavos 1999 AD (Chrono Trigger).

image hosting jpg
08-19-2010 10:05 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

"Happiness is the fragile paper and reality is the flame that turns it to ash."

-realism.

image hosting jpg
08-20-2010 11:38 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
Theodore Roosevelt

A democracy is a volcano which conceals the fiery materials of its own destruction. These will produce an eruption and carry desolation in their way.
Fisher Ames

A man may devote himself to death and destruction to save a nation; but no nation will devote itself to death and destruction to save mankind.
Samuel Taylor Coleridge

After he was assassinated, his family and the men who had served him continued the lying and began the destruction, censoring and hiding of JFK's medical records.
Richard Reeves

All that happens is that the destruction of human beings - unless they're Americans - is called collateral damage.
Harold Pinter

"You always feel like you are the only one in the world, like everyone else is crazy for each other, but it's not true. Generally, people don't like each other very much. And that goes for friends, too. "
— Miranda July

"Knowledge subverts love: in proportion as we penetrate our secrets, we come to loathe our kind, precisely because they resemble us."
— Emil Cioran

"And between whiles you boast of having managed to be rid of your unhappiness, but everyone knows, don't they, that you've not done any such thing but are just as miserable as you well can be. As you grow uglier and uglier and more repulsive, playing this game as you grow old, you can't even conceal your unhappiness any longer, your failure; and in the end your face has become only an ugly expression which takes twenty, thirty or more years to come up from your stomach onto your face. That is what a man will achieve, that and that alone, -- an ugly expression which he has spent a lifetime making and often even then hasn't managed to finish off properly, because of how difficult and complicated an expression it would have to be to reflect his real soul without missing anything out. "
— Louis Ferdinance Celine

"The multiplication of our kind borders on the obscene; the duty to love them, on the preposterous."
— E.M. Cioran

What is Man? A miserable little pile of secrets."
— André Malraux

Super villains are good people gone bad. Super heroes are people who are afraid of change.

Amaroo Jamal Suggs

image hosting jpg
09-01-2010 07:22 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

I was raised in a cop family and always told that cops and criminals r made from the same rag, they just take different paths. It takes a criminal to catch a criminal................

:Secret718

image hosting jpg
09-20-2010 03:55 AM
Raikuron Offline
Fanatic

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)

"People are much easier to deal with when there is a big red and white X in the top right corner"

Anonymous (No, not that Anonymous.)
09-22-2010 03:07 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

"Did you know that for pretty much the entire history of the human species, the average life span was less than thirty years? You could count on ten years or so of real adulthood, right? There was no planning for retirement, There was no planning for a career. There was no planning. No time for planning. No time for a future. But then the life spans started getting longer, and people started having more and more future. And now life has become the future. Every moment of your life is lived for the future--you go to high school so you can go to college so you can get a good job so you can get a nice house so you can afford to send your kids to college so they can get a good job so they can get a nice house so they can afford to send their kids to college."
John Green

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-Winston Churchill

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
- George Bernard Shaw

A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money.
-G. Gordon Liddy

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
-P.J. O’Rourke, Civil Libertarian

Government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
-Ronald Reagan (1986)

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of the blessings. The inherent blessing of socialism is the equal sharing of misery.
-Winston Churchill

The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin.
-Mark Twain

What this country needs are more unemployed politicians.
-Edward Langley, Artist (1928 – 1995)

"This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, cheat, lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker and this is my manifesto.You may stop me, but you can't stop us all." -- the movie Hackers

"The most important thing to remember about drunks is that drunks are far more intelligent than non-drunks. The spend lot more time talking in pups, unlike workaholics who concentrate on their careers and ambitions, who never develop their higher spiritual values, who never explore their head like a drunk does." - Shane MacGowen.

We're all puppets, Laurie. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings.
-Dr.Manhattan

From the Hunter S. Thompson obituary of Nixon entitled 'Notes on the passing of an American Monster'.

I have had my own bloody relationship with Nixon for many years, but I am not worried about it landing me in hell with him. I have already been there with that bastard, andI am a better person for it. Nixon had the unique ability to make his enemies seem honorable, and we developed a keen sense of fraternity. Some of my best friends have hatedNixon all their lives. My mother hates Nixon, my son hates Nixon, I hate Nixon, and this hatred has brought us together.

Nixon laughed when I told him this.
"Don't worry," he said. "I, too, am a family man, and we feel the same way about you."

image hosting jpg
10-01-2010 05:40 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Politicians will respect you. Politicians will acknowledge your power when they see a round flying through their windshield and getting into their flesh. That will get their attention.

-Unknown

image hosting jpg
10-01-2010 11:19 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

I was away for a few years and I came back to a world in ruins. Death, destruction, chaos, the endless fighting—it was like the Heterodyne Boys had never existed. Things were worse than ever. So I stopped it. And I did it my way this time. No more negotiating. No more promises. No more second chances. And I did it alone. Because I had to.
And it worked.
—Baron Klaus Wulfenbach, Girl Genius

image hosting jpg
11-15-2010 07:55 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

I divide all of world literature into authorized and unauthorized works. The former are all trash; the latter--stolen air. I want to spit in the face of every writer who first obtains permission and then writes.
--Osip Mandelstam, The Fourth Prose, 1930.

image hosting jpg
11-15-2010 05:19 PM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

I love george carlin(R.I.P)
Religon has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man, living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day of your life. And he has a list of ten things he does not want you to d. And if you do any any, of these ten things, he has a special place full of fire and smoke and ash and torture where he will send you to suffer and burn and scream and cry forever and ever until the end of time!
But he loves you
He loves and he needs money!
12-16-2010 03:39 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Freedom is never given; it is always taken. So for the fact that you're not a slave, don't thank those in authority. Thank someone with a "bad attitude."

Kevin Carson

image hosting jpg
12-29-2010 05:47 PM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Given 137 thank(s) in 84 post(s)

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. – Anonymous

Animals do not have gods, they are smarter than that. – Ronnie Snow

A man can no more increase god's existence by worshipping thin air.

J H Henryson

"The common think it's true, the wise think it's false and the rulers think it's useful."
Seneca the Younger

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime. Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Anonymous

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.
Richard Dawkins

We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing, all-powerful god who creates faulty humans and then blames them for his own mistakes.
Gene Roddenberry

He that will not reason is a bigot; he that cannot reason is a fool; he that dares not reason is a slave.
William Drummond

"Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich"
Napoleon Bonaparte

If we are going to teach 'creation science' as an alternative to evolution, then we should also teach the stork theory as an alternative to biological reproduction.
Judith Hayes

Faith is believing what you know ain't so-
Mark Twain

When the missionaries came to Africa, they had the Bible and we had the land. They taught us to pray with our eyes closed. When we opened them, we had the Bible in our hand, and they had the land.

Jomo Kenyatta
First president of Kenya.

There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages.
Richard Lederer

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

I refuse to believe in a god that would send me to hell just for not believing in him.
Bob Snuka

So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence
Bertrand Russell

The fool says in his heart: 'There is no God.' The Wise Man says it to the world
Troy Witte

Previously known as Derchin.
02-06-2011 11:47 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived
Issac Asimov

Religion supports nobody. It has to be supported. It produces no wheat, no corn; it ploughs no land; it fells no forests. It is a perpetual mendicant. It lives on the labors of others, and then has the arrogance to pretend that it supports the giver.
Robert G. Ingersoll

Religion: The doctrine that there is an absolutely powerful, infinitely knowledgeable, universe spanning entity that is deeply and personally concerned about my sex life.
Unkown

I like how scientific explanations with plausible evidence is ridiculous but a mythical being magically poofing the world into existence makes perfect sense (to you). Brain washing is still effective!
Unknown

Theism is like wearing a blindfold, whereas atheism is realizing you're wearing a blindfold and removing it. Coping with what you see once the blindfold is off is where things get REALLY interesting.
Alan Harvey

If I said to someone that because they were a homosexual, I would take them down to my basement and torture them, claiming my own "universal law", I would be considered a dangerous psychopath. When god does it, it's holy judgment and not to be questioned.
Gabriel Neil

The only one more pathetic than a person on their knees praying for salvation is the other person telling them it’s all true.
Baron von Knifty

The problem with religion, because it's been sheltered from criticism, is that it allows people to believe en mass what only idiots or lunatics could believe in isolation
Sam Harris

Pretend for a minute there is a heaven... Following a nuclear holocaust billions of people turn up to spend eternity in paradise. Then what? Would they get jobs, maybe some hobbies to pass the time? Or would they just have to spend eternity massaging god's ego telling him how great he is? A limit to our existence is the only thing that gives life true meaning.
Alan Harvey

The Difference between an atheist and a man of religion is that an athiest can at least admit he might be wrong
Jason Rosen

They, who don't believe in themselves believe in god.
Aravind Chandrasekaran

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing
Unknown

"Its better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not"-Kurt Corbain

"What's the point of ever trying to be happy if the own very pursuit of happiness is what makes you miserable?" -Unknown.

"When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything around you starts to look like a nail."-
Abraham Maslow

The notion that faith in Christ is to be rewarded by an eternity of bliss, while a dependence upon reason, observation and experience merits everlasting pain, is too absurd for refutation, and can be relieved only by that unhappy mixture of insanity and ignorance, called "faith."
-- Robert Green Ingersoll

"Remember that the burden of proof is on the person alleging the existence of something. If someone tells me that the Easter Bunny is hiding in somebody's closet, somewhere in North America, there is no need for me to search every closet on the continent. The person making the claim has to produce the rabbit or stop wasting my time."
- Frank Zindler

If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence."
-Bertrand Russell

02-06-2011 11:57 AM
Miller0700 Offline
Here to save you.

Forget Jesus, the stars died so that you could be here today.

--Lawrence Krauss

What are races? Only one human race exists.

|Gordon| |Freeman|
Yahoo Answers Member

Race is a social concept, not a scientific one.

--Craig Venter

True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. -- Socrates

"Faith is the acceptance of truth of a statement in spite of insufficient or contradictory evidence. Faith is a cop-out. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by faith then you are conceding that it can't be taken on its own merits"

Dan Barker
Former Evangelical minister

"Walk with those seeking the truth. run from those who claim to have found it" ~Chopra

" No matter how positively you think you know it, if you can’t show it, then you don’t know it, and you shouldn’t say that you do. "
Aron-ra

So he's concealed every hint of himself from any possible detection and he's put up an impressive smokescreen in the form of an obvious, elegant, unifying and seemingly accurate natural explanation for everything he secretly did. But if we didn't find his set of primitive, perverse, and frankly unbeliebable fairy tales convenceing enough to discard reason and disregard anything we know about anything at all, then he's going to punish us, forever, without mercy, for eternity for not being stupid enough to believe impossible things for no good reason.
Aron Ra

Immortality - a fate worse than death.

Edgar A. Shoaff
Author Nationalities, Musician

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
1749-1832, German Poet, Dramatist, Novelist

The bottom line is that the Govt is getting what they have ordered. They do not want your children to be educated. They do not want you to think too much. That is why our country and our world has become so proliferated with entertainments, mass media, television shows, amusement parks, drugs, alcohol and every kind of entertainment that keep the human mind entertained. So that you dont get in the way of important people by doing too much thinking
Unknown

Anger is short madness

Horace
BC 65-8, Italian Poet

By any means nesscary.
Malcolm X

The only people that reject science are those that are too lazy to understand it.
Mark
Yahoo Answers Member

If you'd let someone you never saw, heard or felt comes before your family, there's a problem.
Donna, New Year, same me.
Yahoo Answers Member

"My death: Lying in a pool of my own blood, with my wife standing over me asking, "How do I reload this damn thing...!?"

The Reverend Soeil
Yahoo Answers Member

Real misanthropes are not found in solitude, but in the world; since it is experience of life, and not philosophy, which produces real hatred of mankind.
Giacomo Leopardi

Someone that can't be seen, felt, heard, or proven...but you're willing to bet your life that he exists! WOW...that's all I can say...WOW!
Joe Rocker

I'm slightly annoyed by the fact that I'm being eternally tortured merely for lacking belief in a god who never bothered to give me any evidence of his existence. I consider the possibility of this to be so remote as to not be worth worrying about.

Colette Pioline ART

Higher intelligence leads to atheism (frequently)...

qxzqxzqxr

If humans were the best God could come up with in the entire universe, then he doesn't exist.
Shadow K

"If you want to remain ignorant, you have no right to say what is right or wrong."
Me

If I die and I find myself in heaven, I'll start to believe in heaven. That's how science works. When overwhelming evidence appears, change your premises. There is however, right now, no evidence for a heaven or any other religious belief, so right now I'm doing the logical thing and being skeptical. Am I a monster for that?
detcader

02-06-2011 12:27 PM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."

G-Man

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
02-06-2011 04:18 PM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

If you're a WoWnerd like me, you can relate this quote to Prince Kael'Thas Smile

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
02-09-2011 08:02 PM