RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quote Recommendation Thread
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)
Re: Quote Recommendation Thread

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

- Unknown

"Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television. Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers..... Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind numbing, spirit crushing game shows, stuffing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked-up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life..... But why would I want to do a thing like that?"

- Trainspotting

The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

- Oscar Wilde

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
12-01-2009 01:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

Given 28 thank(s) in 23 post(s)

I found a big selection of Mark Twain quotes. Thought I'd post some.
--
I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
Mark Twain

Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
Mark Twain

Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
Mark Twain

The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.
Mark Twain

There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded.
Mark Twain

Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.
Mark Twain

When angry, count to four; when very angry, swear.
Mark Twain

" I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. " ~From the television show The Wonder Years
12-01-2009 01:40 PM
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)

"He who is willing to sacrifice a little freedom for a little security deserves neither"- Ben Franklin

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
12-07-2009 10:54 AM
Reptorian Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

I don't think there's anything dumber than thinking it is dumb to criticize how the government treats its people.-Amir Dailami

The irony is that the people who think the government is doing such a fine job are more than willing to tell you "you don't like it, leave". If you ever encountered one these nut jobs, tell them, "it's a democracy, and that's what I'm meant to do in a democracy. You don't like it, leave. Go live in a dictatorship".-Amir Dailami

ZZZ...
12-13-2009 06:55 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

In the end those who win and are more powerful are always right because they get to tell their story from their view and make themselves sound right,If anything good and evil are titles for people who don't wanna examine the conflicts or see the truth without prejudice.

image hosting jpg
01-28-2010 11:58 PM
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

I would like it if men had to partake in the same hormonal cycles to which women are subjected monthly. Maybe that's why men declare war - because they have a need to bleed on a regular basis.
~Brett Butler

" I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. " ~From the television show The Wonder Years
01-29-2010 05:56 AM
The Desert Fox Offline

Pieman Wrote:I would like it if men had to partake in the same hormonal cycles to which women are subjected monthly. Maybe that's why men declare war - because they have a need to bleed on a regular basis.
~Brett Butler
Laugh

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
01-29-2010 06:30 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Whoever battles with monsters had better see that it does not turn him into a monster.

~Nietzsche

image hosting jpg
02-01-2010 10:37 AM
The Desert Fox Offline

HeartofShadows Wrote:Whoever battles with monsters had better see that it does not turn him into a monster.

~Nietzsche
And if you gaze long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you.

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
02-01-2010 10:39 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

voting is alot like masturbation because if you really think about it, you're just screwing your self.

:Random Youtube user.

image hosting jpg
02-08-2010 02:35 AM
 Thanks given by: Superkamiguru
Amortisatie Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 16 post(s)

HeartofShadows Wrote:voting is alot like masturbation because if you really think about it, you're just screwing your self.

WIN

[Image: spooky-1.jpg]

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
02-08-2010 03:18 AM
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

Amortisatie Wrote:
HeartofShadows Wrote:voting is alot like masturbation because if you really think about it, you're just screwing your self.

WIN

02-08-2010 03:44 AM
The Desert Fox Offline

Pieman Wrote:
Amortisatie Wrote:

WIN

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
02-08-2010 11:44 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Laugh

image hosting jpg
02-09-2010 06:01 AM
The Desert Fox Offline

TrueAnarchist Wrote:
Quote:School is a conspiracy, man. Whenever someone figures out whats going on, BAM! They have "problems" and need to see the "counselor."
-me
Nice copypasting from Urban Dictionary you have thar.

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
02-17-2010 05:58 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Revenge is like a super sweet/sour sauce.

It burns, it hurts, but you want it, and by following it you will taste the sweetness of the evil that lies inside.

*Random Youtuber*

The Youtube fanbase has a few smart guys among them.

image hosting jpg
03-05-2010 09:56 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)

Quote:"I, for one, refuse to stand by idly while the school single handedly ruins education."

Also, Soulriser might be the only one able to submit quotes.
It's most likely not apart of the forums, and admins don't have the password to the site, unless soulriser has some kind of submit program that puts them into the quotes section.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
03-05-2010 11:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

“Let woman share the rights, and she will emulate the virtues of man; for she must grow more perfect when emancipated. . . .” - Mary Wollstonecraft.
This doesn't only apply to women, but the youth as well, and all groups oppressed in a similar way.

[Image: glorious666.png]
03-09-2010 03:00 PM
McGee! Offline
Defender of...

Given 10 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

You can be a dedicated Harvard grad with a genius IQ, but if you rub the Forbes 400 the wrong way, you'll be lucky to get a job fixing their coffee machine. These school posters are just another part of the big lie that keeps people quiet, obedient and hardworking, making them think that if they put in enough hours and pass enough tests, someday they'll get to live in a mansion too. It ain't gonna happen.
Rebelnerd

Sociopath Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Colbert is awesome.
/threaditude.
Generation Y Cuban blog-English blog
Hidden stuff:
hewhodestroysall Wrote:Honestly I never figured the point of the esrb.
Point is you can't censor reality.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Abe Fortas, Tinker v. Des Moines (1969) Wrote:In our system, state-operated schools may not be enclaves of totalitarianism. School officials do not possess absolute authority over their students. Students in school as well as out of school are "persons" under our Constitution."
Rebelnerd Wrote:Human rights are being violated by US law enforcement. This is what the media is here for, you're supposed to be the watchdogs! You're supposed to stand up for the downtrodden, not belittle them as though all their problems amount to nothing more than some angry glares toward parents and sabotaging their computers.
I've seen so much shit done to youth and for some reason, this has made me angrier than I've felt in years. Abuse and oppression happens all over the world. It's a terrible reality of modern society, but we've all accepted that it happens and we're doing what we can to fight it and build a better world.
But this...this mindless, condescending disrespect toward people who have no legal voice with which to defend themselves, this reduction of parents' betrayal into a cheap crack about kids being computer-savvy...it's like watching a surgeon joke about life insurance while his patient bleeds to death on the operating table. The media's job is to protect society from oppression and they've drawn a clear line between the people worth protecting and the people that don't matter. How can they people sleep at night?

You're a journalist. DO. YOUR. FUCKING. JOB.

(04-28-2010 08:17 AM)Liquid Wrote:  Laws never seem to help people fight School. Laws only matter if the students are braking them...

(12-03-2011 07:40 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Solution to all these problems: don't fuck people you can't negotiate with in a civilized manner.
(02-09-2012 02:14 PM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  The only solution is democratic self-paced education where students can excel in what they are good at and work on what their not if necessary, AT THEIR OWN DAMN PACE IN THEIR OWN DAMN WAY.

Don't Board the Censor Ship
03-10-2010 02:48 AM
The Desert Fox Offline

CrayolaColours Wrote:Moar beautifuler

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
03-12-2010 06:28 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

McGee! Wrote:You can be a dedicated Harvard grad with a genius IQ, but if you rub the Forbes 400 the wrong way, you'll be lucky to get a job fixing their coffee machine. These school posters are just another part of the big lie that keeps people quiet, obedient and hardworking, making them think that if they put in enough hours and pass enough tests, someday they'll get to live in a mansion too. It ain't gonna happen.
Rebelnerd

The quote is too long to ring but its still a nice quote. Smile

image hosting jpg
03-12-2010 08:25 AM
The Desert Fox Offline

Quote:Don't just sit there and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, do it right away. Do it when you can. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
03-14-2010 10:26 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Sometimes the best course of action in any problem is to simply to nothing at all.

-Me

image hosting jpg
04-07-2010 05:21 PM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

Disregard females, aquire currency!
04-24-2010 06:26 PM
Pieman Offline
Pie Deity

" Pain is inevitable, Suffering is optional. "
- Buddhist proverb

" Pain is what the world inflicts upon us. Suffering is our emotional reaction when we fail to make the difficult conscious decision to choose Joy. "
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

" Nobody can hurt me without my permission. "
- Mahatma Gandhi

" Friends ask you why you're crying. Best friends already have a shovel ready to bury the loser who made you cry. "
~ Author Unknown

04-25-2010 12:16 AM
Sanjuro Offline
Fanatic

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

Best friends are like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Napalm Sticks To Kids
04-25-2010 12:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Desert Fox Offline

Sanjuro Wrote:Best friends are like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.
I remember reading that somewhere.

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
04-25-2010 04:15 AM
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

“The sole end for which mankind are warranted, individually or collectively, in interfering with the liberty of action of any of their number, is self-protection. That the only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others. His own good, either physical or moral, is not sufficient warrant. He cannot rightfully be compelled to do or forbear because it will be better for him to do so, because it will make him happier, because, in the opinion of others, to do so would be wise, or even right...The only part of the conduct of anyone, for which he is amenable to society, is that which concerns others. In the part which merely concerns him, his independence is, of right, absolute. Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” - John Stuart Mill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Stuart_Mill

[Image: glorious666.png]
05-10-2010 07:35 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)

Pieman Wrote:Friends ask you why you're crying. Best friends already have a shovel ready to bury the loser who made you cry. "
~ Author Unknown

Friends like that would be awesome.

IMMA SHOVEL YOUR ASS
05-14-2010 05:13 AM
John Tuttle Offline
Fanatic

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

"Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most times he will pick himself up and carry on."
- Winston "The Winch" Churchill

[Image: funny-gifs-wax-on-wax-owl.gif]
06-12-2010 05:35 PM