RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's gotten to the point
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Given 184 thank(s) in 127 post(s)
It's gotten to the point

It's gotten to the point that I'm starting to have to physically do things to get my fucking anger out. I've never been the type to take shit from people. If someone pisses me off at home, I'll confront them. If someone pisses me off in school, however, for some reason I restrain myself. And I get pissed off a lot. I don't take to well to authority figures unless I put myself in that situation. When teachers tell me to do things that I dislike, I get fucking angry. It's the worst when I'm around my dad.

I have a bit more restraint than a guy at my school had when he punched his dad, but not much more. His retarded ass knows that I could probably take him, but he still tries to pull his whole "I'll take your things if you don't do this, or that, and no I don't care if you worked and bought them with your own money." Alright? Well why don't I just kick your fucking ass then? Oh right, because of the government.

Anyway, it's gotten to the point were I get home and do pushups, and I punch my pillows. I sit there in class for hours on end, being forced to heed innumerable ammounts of commands and authoritative assertions. It pisses me off to no fucking end that I have to obey their every fucking "educational" whim. I'd rather just be traveling in a distant time. I'd rather be traveling through anarchy were I can keep to myself and smash any motherfuckers face in who tries to take me as a slave or force me to do something.

Fuck rationality at this point.

I suppose what I'm stating is that I'm so fucking angry at the system that I've taken to doing push-ups. I do push up after push up until I'm too tired to lift my goddam arms. It's the only way I can discard all of the fucking anger I build up at being forced to do things day after day. It's the worst now; because my teachers are piling on the work for finals.

This all probably sounds pretty irrational and hate-filled. But it's not.

You've got to see it the way I see it to know what I mean. If you've ever been physically FORCED to do something that takes away your dignity and all "rights" and all thoughts of toughness you thought you had through fucking WORDS you know what I feel like on a daily basis. I've been forced to scrub other people's piss, gizz, and shit all of a bathroom floor, and been forced to put soap in my mouth because of cussing. I've been forced to pick the tree branch that I had to get whipped with. I've been forced to clean, and do homework for hours on end. But the worst is when I'm forced to shut up.

Whenever I'm doing something I hate and raise even the slightest amount of disagreement with the job, I'm shot down and threatened. It's INFURIATING. It makes me want to get up and punch the motherfucker in his goddamn face, and continue doing so until he's fucking gone.

Anyway, in order to avoid actually doing any of this, I've been doing pushups. Punching things. Sittups, and at times I've ran. It's like Fight Club. You've got to do SOMETHING to get your anger out. This system is fucked. I can't fucking stand it.

Guess I just had to get that out there.

Blog I post to now:
http://blog.darknedgy.net

Edfreedom.org -- An organization for more freedom in education.
http://www.edfreedom.org/join-us/
06-09-2011 02:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)
Re: It's gotten to the point

I have a similar situation as you. I say slightly because I've never been forced to clean up the bathroom floor full of piss, shit and jizz - yet.

I hate school so much, I hate when my parents and teachers force me to do things I don't want to do! I come home every day so angry, even my friends think I've been really depressed and stressed lately....I just come home, do pushups, crunches, shadow box (punch and kick the air, not as retarded as it sounds). I made a thread yesterday about a teacher taking my USB, and I yelled at him. I told him if he didn't give me back my USB (which is took for no reason) I would physically grab it off him. And he's lucky I didn't pounce on him and bash his head in...I know it sounds brutal, but that's how I feel. I feel just like you and I bloody LOVE fight club. It's not for the violence, it's for the fact that the violence unites men and helps them get there anger out.

I can't really help you, since I'm the one experiencing this problem as well. But damn lately I've been wanting to hurt people, not random people like a psycho kid..I'm talking about teachers and other people who think they own me and tell me what to do.

Our war is a spiritual war, our great depression is our lives. I think I quoted Fight Club pretty well huh? But that speech he gives is %100 true.

Hopefully all goes well man, just remember try not to hit a teacher, as much I want to and would like to, the law and the school and pretty much the whole system are AGAINST YOU. Like my dad said to me "Don't try to fight the system, because the system will just chew you up and spit you out." I agree, except I'll still keep fighting!

-Peace.

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
06-09-2011 04:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LOON_ATTIC Offline
A NERD

Given 60 thank(s) in 49 post(s)

Man, that just pisses me off, it fucking depresses me how everything in this fucking world has to be a power struggle.

[Image: glorious666.png]
06-09-2011 04:54 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

Don't hold it in man.
People in school are literally punching bags anyway and if they piss you off then they deserve it.

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
06-09-2011 05:23 PM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

On the plus side you are gonna get jacked from all those push ups.... lol No but seriously I knew how you felt at one point and I made the promise to NEVER put my future kids through that and to help any kids currently going through it by being an actually good teacher... we'll see how the system lets me do that.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
06-09-2011 10:39 PM
Phrozen_Soul Offline
From Now Until Velociraptor

Given 4 thank(s) in 4 post(s)

Absentinsomniac Wrote:It's gotten to the point that I'm starting to have to physically do things to get my fucking anger out. I've never been the type to take shit from people. If someone pisses me off at home, I'll confront them. If someone pisses me off in school, however, for some reason I restrain myself. And I get pissed off a lot. I don't take to well to authority figures unless I put myself in that situation. When teachers tell me to do things that I dislike, I get fucking angry. It's the worst when I'm around my dad.

I have a bit more restraint than a guy at my school had when he punched his dad, but not much more. His retarded ass knows that I could probably take him, but he still tries to pull his whole "I'll take your things if you don't do this, or that, and no I don't care if you worked and bought them with your own money." Alright? Well why don't I just kick your fucking ass then? Oh right, because of the government.

Anyway, it's gotten to the point were I get home and do pushups, and I punch my pillows. I sit there in class for hours on end, being forced to heed innumerable ammounts of commands and authoritative assertions. It pisses me off to no fucking end that I have to obey their every fucking "educational" whim. I'd rather just be traveling in a distant time. I'd rather be traveling through anarchy were I can keep to myself and smash any motherfuckers face in who tries to take me as a slave or force me to do something.

Fuck rationality at this point.

I suppose what I'm stating is that I'm so fucking angry at the system that I've taken to doing push-ups. I do push up after push up until I'm too tired to lift my goddam arms. It's the only way I can discard all of the fucking anger I build up at being forced to do things day after day. It's the worst now; because my teachers are piling on the work for finals.

This all probably sounds pretty irrational and hate-filled. But it's not.

You've got to see it the way I see it to know what I mean. If you've ever been physically FORCED to do something that takes away your dignity and all "rights" and all thoughts of toughness you thought you had through fucking WORDS you know what I feel like on a daily basis. I've been forced to scrub other people's piss, gizz, and shit all of a bathroom floor, and been forced to put soap in my mouth because of cussing. I've been forced to pick the tree branch that I had to get whipped with. I've been forced to clean, and do homework for hours on end. But the worst is when I'm forced to shut up.

Whenever I'm doing something I hate and raise even the slightest amount of disagreement with the job, I'm shot down and threatened. It's INFURIATING. It makes me want to get up and punch the motherfucker in his goddamn face, and continue doing so until he's fucking gone.

Anyway, in order to avoid actually doing any of this, I've been doing pushups. Punching things. Sittups, and at times I've ran. It's like Fight Club. You've got to do SOMETHING to get your anger out. This system is fucked. I can't fucking stand it.

Guess I just had to get that out there.

Do you have any land? Like an acre or so? I have this problem alot and i'll go up to the burn pile and just chop the hell out of stuff with an axe until my fingers get numb. I got so pissed one day i got blisters. It's quite satisfying.

"Ask them no more questions, never hear them lying"

People say the problem with me is I have psychotic tendencies and care not about other human beings I don't like and or know. So?
06-10-2011 01:43 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Got a couple of acres and a decent sized burn pile, but my neighbors are family so it's restricted. The woods is great, though.

We probably sound like a bunch of psycho's lol.

Blog I post to now:

06-10-2011 03:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Absentinsomniac Wrote:Got a couple of acres and a decent sized burn pile, but my neighbors are family so it's restricted. The woods is great, though.

We probably sound like a bunch of psycho's lol.

Ahaha yeah but you're not doing it on people, so it's fine Biggrin

06-10-2011 03:57 PM
McGee! Offline
Defender of...

Given 10 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

Actually, that doesn't sound too crazy. I think as long as you have something to do to get it out.

Sociopath Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Colbert is awesome.
/threaditude.
Generation Y Cuban blog-English blog
Hidden stuff:
hewhodestroysall Wrote:Honestly I never figured the point of the esrb.
Point is you can't censor reality.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Abe Fortas, Tinker v. Des Moines (1969) Wrote:In our system, state-operated schools may not be enclaves of totalitarianism. School officials do not possess absolute authority over their students. Students in school as well as out of school are "persons" under our Constitution."
Rebelnerd Wrote:Human rights are being violated by US law enforcement. This is what the media is here for, you're supposed to be the watchdogs! You're supposed to stand up for the downtrodden, not belittle them as though all their problems amount to nothing more than some angry glares toward parents and sabotaging their computers.
I've seen so much shit done to youth and for some reason, this has made me angrier than I've felt in years. Abuse and oppression happens all over the world. It's a terrible reality of modern society, but we've all accepted that it happens and we're doing what we can to fight it and build a better world.
But this...this mindless, condescending disrespect toward people who have no legal voice with which to defend themselves, this reduction of parents' betrayal into a cheap crack about kids being computer-savvy...it's like watching a surgeon joke about life insurance while his patient bleeds to death on the operating table. The media's job is to protect society from oppression and they've drawn a clear line between the people worth protecting and the people that don't matter. How can they people sleep at night?

You're a journalist. DO. YOUR. FUCKING. JOB.

(04-28-2010 08:17 AM)Liquid Wrote:  Laws never seem to help people fight School. Laws only matter if the students are braking them...

(12-03-2011 07:40 AM)SoulRiser Wrote:  Solution to all these problems: don't fuck people you can't negotiate with in a civilized manner.
(02-09-2012 02:14 PM)Absentinsomniac Wrote:  The only solution is democratic self-paced education where students can excel in what they are good at and work on what their not if necessary, AT THEIR OWN DAMN PACE IN THEIR OWN DAMN WAY.

Don't Board the Censor Ship
06-11-2011 12:25 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

Well if its school don't take shit from other kids. Teachers are pricks but look where they ended up, a low-paying unsatisfying job lololol. One thing I saw at my school over and over is if some kid is acting like a faggot to you, punch them in the face and don't stop till someone pulls you off no one will ever fuck with you again.
06-11-2011 01:32 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Comrade Wrote:Well if its school don't take shit from other kids. Teachers are pricks but look where they ended up, a low-paying unsatisfying job lololol. One thing I saw at my school over and over is if some kid is acting like a faggot to you, punch them in the face and don't stop till someone pulls you off no one will ever fuck with you again.

Very sound advice.

image hosting jpg
06-11-2011 02:28 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

HeartofShadows Wrote:
Comrade Wrote:Well if its school don't take shit from other kids. Teachers are pricks but look where they ended up, a low-paying unsatisfying job lololol. One thing I saw at my school over and over is if some kid is acting like a faggot to you, punch them in the face and don't stop till someone pulls you off no one will ever fuck with you again.

Very sound advice.

Quite so, but I don't get much flak... Nobody really messes with me. Sometimes I wish someone would though, lol.

Blog I post to now:

06-11-2011 03:53 AM
RaiserZero Offline
Revolutionary

Given 2 thank(s) in 2 post(s)

You're not the only one >.>. Sometimes I feel like screaming like insane just to get rid of all the hate inside. In other cases I start punching the wall as hard as I can. Even though it hurts a bit... But I don't do it with a seriously mad face, I just start punching when no one is around. lol.

All men who have achieved great things have been great dreamers.
06-12-2011 11:12 AM
Elfy Offline
Fanatic

Given 64 thank(s) in 41 post(s)

Feels like shit man. I remember all the way through year 9 to around half of my last year, I just wanted to get all my school stuff, skip school and burn all of it and go and do what I wanted. I was very close to doing it. I'm presuming you have more than a year left... If not, sit tight.

I'm not sure what to advise... maybe not giving a fuck may help. That helped me get through my last year of school. Coast everything, do minimal/fuck all work, if someone shouts at you then just zone out.

RIP SCHOOL-SURVIVAL 04/07/2019
[Image: tumblr_lpjpoqOyQ91qb8nljo1_500.gif]
06-12-2011 10:55 PM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Elfy Wrote:Feels like shit man. I remember all the way through year 9 to around half of my last year, I just wanted to get all my school stuff, skip school and burn all of it and go and do what I wanted. I was very close to doing it. I'm presuming you have more than a year left... If not, sit tight.

I'm not sure what to advise... maybe not giving a fuck may help. That helped me get through my last year of school. Coast everything, do minimal/fuck all work, if someone shouts at you then just zone out.

That's what I do as well. Instead of hating and coming home feeling like shit. I just think "Hey, I don't give a fuck anymore, I'm going to enjoy myself."

06-13-2011 12:33 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

Good advise. That's what I've been trying to do. One more day of finals then I'm out of this shit hole, so fuck it.

Blog I post to now:

06-14-2011 07:46 AM
SH☮TGUNHEⒶRT Offline
Hi, I 'm anti-civ.

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

You should drop out.

Me and my squatter friend were pandhandling on the streeets today and some christian asshole came up to us calling us a scam, and that we should get jobs. But I'm like, What jobs?
And now the state is locking up people for being homeless because it doesn't look good and people dont like to see us? WTF?!

I hate everybody. People are ASSHOLES. GET THAT AGRESSION OUT!
TAG TAG TAG TAG TAG TAG TAG IT UP!

To be an anarchist, is to suffer greatly. To be a black woman is to suffer secretly. To be the earth, is to suffer silently.

I wish no harm on anyone, but those whose harmful ways will not stop without the same harm.

It's time we kill this cancerous system, before it kills us and everything left of gaia. Rise from our immaturity and take back our autonomy!

[Image: 2010-10-04-lost-my-appetite.jpg]
06-15-2011 11:18 AM
Absnt Offline
Fanatic

I would drop out, but my future plans are at stake. I probably will TAG IT UP though. Thumbsup

Blog I post to now:

06-15-2011 11:28 AM
SaintVicious Offline
Banned

Given 85 thank(s) in 60 post(s)

hatemylifeiwanttodie Wrote:You should drop out.

Me and my squatter friend were pandhandling on the streeets today and some christian asshole came up to us calling us a scam, and that we should get jobs. But I'm like, What jobs?
And now the state is locking up people for being homeless because it doesn't look good and people dont like to see us? WTF?!

I hate everybody. People are ASSHOLES. GET THAT AGRESSION OUT!
TAG TAG TAG TAG TAG TAG TAG IT UP!
He has 1 more day left are you fucking stupid?
Just because you think algebra is the hardest thing ever doesn't mean you should send other down the fail path.
Also that squatter friend wants to fuck you.
06-15-2011 12:23 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

At this point a high school diploma is worth about as much as a piece of shit but if you've gotten this far then you might as well get it absent.
Either way we'll all be suffering together out here in this pile until some of us get out of this country.

image hosting jpg
06-15-2011 01:24 PM