RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st time I got caught skipping (Been skipping for two years)
2k8bomb Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
1st time I got caught skipping (Been skipping for two years)

So yesterday I decided I was going to skip the whole day today, since I didn't do my English homework and I had to go for P.E. first thing in the morning (sigh). So I woke up at 7:50 this morning to hear my mom yelling at me to wake up. I was extremely tired and grumpy since I hate it when my dreams get interrupted and don't wake up naturally on my own.

So my mom drops me off at school, I decided to go into the school for a little while instead of immedietly walking home as I usually do when I skip. I said hello to a few friends, then about 5 minutes after the first bell rang I walked out and headed home.

It took me about 30 minutes to finally get home. When I got home I took off my shoes and hid them behind the shoe rack. I went upstairs into my room and decided to sleep. This was risky, because my dad works on his own schedule and could come home at anytime of the day. I slept from 9:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M. and woke up incredibly satisfied from the nap and because my dad didn't come home.

So I decided to just chill and watch a bit of TV. My mom picks me up on her lunch break, and if I don't show up at her car within 10 minutes she usually just heads home not wanting to waste her break. My school ends at 2:34, so I hid in the closet in my room at about 2:20 because when my mom comes home she's going to look around and check if I'm home. At about 2:35 I came out of the closet (haha) because it was way too small and uncomfortable, I went into my parents closet since it's about 3x bigger and really spacious. BAD IDEA xD.

So she gets home at about 2:45 and comes upstairs to see if I'm in my room. She sees no sign of me and just goes in her room. I knew at that moment I was screwed haha. She opens her closet to get a jacket or something and I yell as loud as I can intentionally trying to scare her. She nearly has a heart attack and I just laugh my ass off. She got a little pissed, but not really because she thought I just skipped the last class.

Anyways. My mom tells my dad and he goes berserk, but I calmed him down because I told him that I knew when he was a kid he ditched school too - I could just tell he did from his personality. He gave me a goofy smile and eventually and he admitted it. He just told me not to do it because then I'll get into the habbit of skipping and fail all my classes.

Haha sorry it's really long, I just found it funny.

(By the way, they never found out that I've been skipping once in a while for the past two years, they just thought this was the first time)
10-28-2009 01:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AWOL Offline
The Spooning Bard

Given 36 thank(s) in 34 post(s)
Re: First time I caught skipping. (Been skipping for two years)

You should've just lied down, stayed quiet, and slowed your breathing.

The first time I got caught was with a guy. At a school where everyone knew I was bisexual. They thought we were having sex for about two months. Probably still do, for that matter.

[Image: 9be30a7.png]
[Image: LyingFloraBanner.jpg]
10-28-2009 01:36 PM
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

Given 11 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

This gave me a good chortle. At least you got caught with style, and got away with it, too.

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
Rebelnerd Wrote:Avatar was an inside job.
For $9.11 I'll give you an inside job.
Raikuron Wrote:Okay. I fail. DISREGARD THAT EVERYONE, I SUCK COCKS!
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:fox you should take everything mystery says with a pinch of salt

and by pinch of salt i actually mean you need to build a fucking salt processing plant so you have enough salt to dispell the bullshit
10-28-2009 01:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aerftghyjk Offline
Fanatic

Given 17 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

Haha. Nice that you didn't get in trouble or anything.
11-01-2009 10:51 AM
returnal Away
cold like minnesota (brrr!)

Given 29 thank(s) in 26 post(s)
Re: 1st time I got caught skipping (Been skipping for two years)

You have mad skills.

*chortle*

woah dude
dude woah
11-01-2009 11:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Time to arrest students for skipping school/class, UnschoolShqiponjë 26 14,417 04-27-2017 06:27 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  How to get rid guilt for skipping too much school? TasmSpectacular 6 5,371 01-13-2017 09:18 PM
Last Post: Superkamiguru
  More brainwashed kids comment on skipping school. Elfy 34 15,899 01-03-2017 08:15 AM
Last Post: Superkamiguru
  Skipping school. MsMailbawx 19 23,343 07-28-2015 01:29 PM
Last Post: thesupremeanarchist
  If you did,when did you get caught here? AtheistLGBTQAnarchist 65 22,106 03-26-2014 09:09 AM
Last Post: brainiac3397
  Skipping school and feeling of guilt. 1312 1 2,664 09-13-2013 06:50 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  What to do while skipping class. Fordun 16 27,361 04-26-2013 05:45 AM
Last Post: Alucard483
  Skipping Grades magikarp 2 2,891 08-21-2010 04:33 AM
Last Post: HeartofShadows
  My epic, successful (kinda) skipping of a whole school day. username01462781 18 9,728 03-03-2010 04:57 PM
Last Post: Coma Girl
  I've been skipping a lot recently. Metal Is Back 13 4,818 02-03-2010 02:34 PM
Last Post: fish20