RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
English Teacher = Major Bitch
academic prisoner Offline
Renegade

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
English Teacher = Major Bitch

Hey guys,
Yeah i know i'm a first time poster here and i hate to say it but my first post is a rant of sorts.

Mainly its all about my English teacher and how she is inconsiderate to the fact that people that are not in AP(advanced placement) English actually have a brain and choose not to be in AP for one reason or another.(she being the AP teacher of course Noo )

Now there are several people in that class including a few of my friends that are straight A students that chose not to be in AP because our teacher last year completely ruined that experience for us by making us do pointless stuff that did not(i repeat DID NOT) prepare us for this year. (im a junior 11th grade by the way) . So this year my new teacher says "you learned this last year so it should be easy" and all of us are like uhhhhhhhh no.

Ok back on topic about the teacher, junior year is all about grammar for the first semester, and i mean i can stand that topic just enough to ace it, but the way she teaches it just seems pointless. I mean she honestly teaches us like we are a bunch of pre-school rejects that don't know the difference between a noun and a verb. It gets irritating but tolerable. But what really eggs it on is how on our first assignment she actually downgraded the people that did pretty well on it because we weren't in AP. Cuckoo So of course I had to go talk to my counselor because the teacher actually switched me into AP without me knowing it and i got a letter in the mail the next day with my new schedule..... i know confusing right.

After that little extravaganza there is one more point that annoys the living hell outta me and makes me wanna go nutzo on her. Its the fact that if you miss a day in her class she talks down to you when you go get your work in the morning before class. IM SORRY I HAVE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO BUT I AM NOT A 6 YEAR OLD AND DON'T HAVE TO BE SCOLDED LIKE ONE!! (sorry guys brief outburst. )Then she actually talks behind the people's back that aren't there and make them seem like they are stupid for missing her all important god-like rants about how everyone besides a few screwed up the assignment. She has actually called one of my good friends retarted because she missed one simple point on a test Wtf . Out of line yes, made me wanna blow up on her but im a good guy and just set there and took it cause i know that as a head of department the school always listens to her and not her students.

End of rant. sorry it was so long and im glad to be on the forum.

R.I.P Patrick Clegg # 27, Ryan Wade Lord, and Perry Clay McClanahan i'll miss all of you, you'll never be forgotton by this town or this community
11-23-2009 09:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Given 11 thank(s) in 10 post(s)
Re: English Teacher = Major Bitch

Wow really?

Would the AP class still be with her?

Also, if it would get you out of that torture I would switch to AP. Just because you have that option.

Welcome to the forums

Anything that ever happened or will... one condition, it has to be amazing.

I gave her wings but she don't wanna fly no more.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
11-23-2009 09:38 AM
Renegade

Yes the AP class would be with her and all the other regular classes are full ive checked already. It sucks pretty bad cause im stuck with her all frekin year. Yuck

Thanks for the welcome ive been reading around on here for a while just now decided to join. You guys are cool ;D ;D

R.I.P Patrick Clegg # 27, Ryan Wade Lord, and Perry Clay McClanahan i'll miss all of you, you'll never be forgotton by this town or this community
11-23-2009 09:45 AM
retnoblastoma Offline
Renegade

Given 2 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Sucks, man.

And a teacher calling a student "retarded" isn't right. Seriously. Rolleyes

Welcome to SS!

[Image: lt75o.png]
[Image: 5wtTb.png]
[Image: 5828.png][Image: 698710ax78632o8y.gif]
11-23-2009 09:47 AM
Renegade

Yeah i know

Any tips to tolerate her so she doesn't drive me up a wall?

11-23-2009 09:49 AM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Bring some REALLY complicated book of which you are interested, and then read it in front of her, bonus points if it is on the lesson.

I love when people get angry that you're learning their stuff.

Wastin' time
11-23-2009 09:51 AM
Renegade

Can't do that she takes the book and says we should only focus on grammar at this point we are going to focus on writings and literature later next semester. WTF! Wtf

11-23-2009 09:54 AM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

Bring in a Grammar Nazi thing.

<3

Wastin' time
11-23-2009 10:03 AM
Renegade

i just might Cool

11-23-2009 10:17 AM
Night Offline
Queen Mod

Given 372 thank(s) in 211 post(s)

Kinda remind me of my english teacher last year.
Just be happy that after this year you won't have to deal with her anymore (right?) because my school district changed a lot of stuff and my 7th grade english teacher got moved to the highschool. which means i'll have her another year at some point.
Um, i don't know, maybe like trap her into doing asomething so bad she gets fired?
>.>

I'm a girl ffffeck
Hidden stuff:
11-23-2009 10:46 AM
Renegade

Good luck on the trapping part. have fun. lol

but yeah this is the only year that i am eligible to have her unless i take a summer school course to get my last English credit out of the way i wont have her.

11-23-2009 10:48 AM
Loxor Offline
Fanatic

I brought a net!

Wastin' time
11-23-2009 10:49 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Worst English Teacher Ever NightThoughts 16 7,272 06-11-2017 04:22 AM
Last Post: Marlena403
  My English Teacher Subb 13 3,888 05-05-2017 02:50 PM
Last Post: James Comey
  My English teacher lied to the Head of English about my homework Marlena403 12 1,946 04-29-2017 10:18 AM
Last Post: James Comey
  Horrible English lesson and teacher Marlena403 2 1,318 11-12-2016 08:48 AM
Last Post: Sadly_Not
  My school loses all of my stuff, pretty major problem. Isaiah_halfstaff 6 1,799 03-26-2014 02:21 PM
Last Post: Isaiah_halfstaff
  Not Sure What I Should Major In After My GED GamerGurl 1 1,625 10-21-2012 01:02 AM
Last Post: SoulRiser
  My Stupid English Teacher CinnamonSynonym 12 8,214 10-20-2012 05:55 AM
Last Post: CinnamonSynonym
  English Teacher 4r4b7 24 5,777 10-11-2012 10:03 AM
Last Post: SomeRandomHuman
  rant about bitch teacher punk96 12 2,472 04-24-2012 05:13 PM
Last Post: Ami
  My English Teacher....again... Efs 1 1,207 03-13-2012 08:10 PM
Last Post: The