RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What my English teacher said today...
Wingless Offline
el presidente

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)
What my English teacher said today...

Well, she got all pissy with us today because some of our groups we were split up in for a project weren't doing some work, she apparently thinks that because we're in a laptop class that we automatically know all the instructions for an assignment she gives us with out really telling us what exactly to do on it (normally she does explain, but sometimes it is hard for us to get the instructions fully due to technical problems and limitations). So today she goes off on a rant saying that "you should be happy you're getting an education...blah blah blah," but what really hit my nerves was when she said this, and I made sure to memorize exactly what she said so I could put it on here later:

"Its is a privilege to be in an American, government-controlled school system"

A joke, right? A sick joke, if it ever was one....

I'm sorry, when is absolute government control in education ever a good thing? Especially when they limit what you can and cannot learn, and what you can and cannot do? I don't think its a privilege to be in a place where you are FORCED to go to, or a place which haunts your mind day after day after day. Especially considering that THREE of our school staff have been arrested or accused of crimes (one confirmed of sexual assault on a mentally challenged student. Sickening, hunh? I guess schools are so poor now they don't even bother with background checks on these people they let in).

All these teachers are in constant denial about situations around them, or their being fed propaganda by the school administration, which is already on a constricting budget just to keep the shitty buildings up.

It just fucking lit my nerves on fire.

[Image: sigtest1-1.jpg]

"When government surveillance and intimidation is called "freedom from terrorism" or "liberation from crime," freedom and liberty have become words without meanings." - Deus Ex
11-25-2009 07:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Desert Fox Offline
Waging war with conviction

Given 102 thank(s) in 75 post(s)
Re: What my English teacher said today...

Bullshit. Those kinds of people are the same who eat up everything about "proud to be an american, where at least I know I'm freeeeee" horse crap. It sickens me when people say shit about "how priveleged you are to have a decent education, blah blah blah, USA is the best, blah blah blah, insert mindless 'patriotic' arguement here". We are not free. A system where you can't blow your nose without the Feds knowing about it is not free.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 01:00 PM)psychopath Wrote:  
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Except ours isn't allowed to have guns
CrayolaColours Wrote:That post owned. TDF wins post of the year.
Faby Wrote:
krissy Wrote:dessert fox
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
11-25-2009 09:17 PM
Sanduril Offline
Rebel

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)

I am afraid it is no better in England, my friends. I am 13 years old and have recently left my school due to constant humiliation. But the thing is, the staff do fuck all, they send you to this 'mentor' who is basically a spy for the teachers but they try to disguise it by trying to relateto you and try to be 'hip' and 'cool'. Schools all over the world are just prisons where they attempt to enslave your mind. Kind of like fascists.

:^)

The Desert Fox wrote:
It's not a "disorder" to have a different state of mind than someone else. (If anyone puts that in their sig, you win.)
11-26-2009 12:14 AM
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

Given 11 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

Sanduril Wrote:I am afraid it is no better in England, my friends. I am 13 years old and have recently left my school due to constant humiliation. But the thing is, the staff do fuck all, they send you to this 'mentor' who is basically a spy for the teachers but they try to disguise it by trying to relateto you and try to be 'hip' and 'cool'. Schools all over the world are just prisons where they attempt to enslave your mind. Kind of like fascists.
Question. Last I checked, it was damn hard to leave a school in England; how'd you manage to do it?

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
Rebelnerd Wrote:Avatar was an inside job.
For $9.11 I'll give you an inside job.
Raikuron Wrote:Okay. I fail. DISREGARD THAT EVERYONE, I SUCK COCKS!
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:fox you should take everything mystery says with a pinch of salt

and by pinch of salt i actually mean you need to build a fucking salt processing plant so you have enough salt to dispell the bullshit
11-26-2009 12:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spot-ify Offline
Pariah

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Leon Kinotolian Wrote:
Sanduril Wrote:I am afraid it is no better in England, my friends. I am 13 years old and have recently left my school due to constant humiliation. But the thing is, the staff do fuck all, they send you to this 'mentor' who is basically a spy for the teachers but they try to disguise it by trying to relateto you and try to be 'hip' and 'cool'. Schools all over the world are just prisons where they attempt to enslave your mind. Kind of like fascists.
Question. Last I checked, it was damn hard to leave a school in England; how'd you manage to do it?
+1 I'm interested too.

I used to be "The circus" as I forgot my login, but then hey-ho I remembered it.
11-26-2009 12:34 AM
Sanduril Offline
Rebel

Well, it was quite easy really, after another day of humiliation I came home, my dad asked what my day was like (he already knew about my situation) and I told him that I wasn't going back, and my parents told the school. I am glad that I left. But this isn't my topoc so i am sure you don't want to hear my life story. :^)

The Desert Fox wrote:
It's not a "disorder" to have a different state of mind than someone else. (If anyone puts that in their sig, you win.)
11-26-2009 09:47 AM
Reptorian Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 13 post(s)

Wingless Wrote:"Its is a privilege to be in an American, government-controlled school system"

A joke, right? A sick joke, if it ever was one....

I'm sorry, when is absolute government control in education ever a good thing? Especially when they limit what you can and cannot learn, and what you can and cannot do? I don't think its a privilege to be in a place where you are FORCED to go to, or a place which haunts your mind day after day after day. Especially considering that THREE of our school staff have been arrested or accused of crimes (one confirmed of sexual assault on a mentally challenged student. Sickening, hunh? I guess schools are so poor now they don't even bother with background checks on these people they let in).

All these teachers are in constant denial about situations around them, or their being fed propaganda by the school administration, which is already on a constricting budget just to keep the shitty buildings up.

It just fucking lit my nerves on fire.
Wrote majority of this for the purpose of giving ideas, a bit of informing and for fun.
She should have said that it is a right to go through American public school system, but it is not beneficial for majority of the person especially when they learn a lot more through the alternative form of education because the amount of teaching style and learning style while there are more time for teachers to help you learn a lot faster because they acknowledge more of the psychological behavior of the learner due to the time they have. Those who are teachers in public school would have a lot more difficulty understanding how the students learns due to the amount of students they are attempting to teach and they're more limited in the amount of teaching techniques they can use by those who have the power to control the school's rule and the rules of how the teacher should be teaching. The studies of adolescent's behavior proves that teenager's mind works a lot better if they sleep late and wake up late, but since the adult's mind don't work like a teenager typically, they have to set up the time early in order to satisfy the adults instead of the students. The people who hires these people probably believes that those who have a degree should be hired right away due to the fact that they haven't questioned the ideas of degree in the first place and they probably never seen anyone who have a degree doing psychologically damaging criminal behavior thus making them being more deluded or they think that they should not care for the students at all probably from the results of ageism and rebellion experience. They are fed lies without questioning them at all and they miss the actual fact that goes against their propaganda.

I get your feeling about the school system and the actual purpose of the school system is definitely not what those people who have control of the school system had said.

ZZZ...
11-26-2009 11:49 AM
academic prisoner Offline
Renegade

Daniel Tosh (the guy that does Tosh.0 on comedy central) had a standup special the other night and he was making a sexual predator joke about teachers, i was laughin till he said something that got me thinkin.

Quote:Don't hate me cause im home schooled its not my fault im smarter than you.

That got me thinking the few home schooled kids that i know are completely intelligent to the point that growing up at baseball practice kids would bring in homework to get help on it. (from the home schooled kids of course).

You wanna know why the home schooled kids are smarter? its simple really......they have flexibility in their learning. Yep that simple. They don't have to tolerate the stuffy classrooms, the trainwreck hallways, or the sadistic teachers that we have to deal with everyday. They get to sit at home and study with the help of a parent or tutor.

Anybody else have any thoughts on this.

R.I.P Patrick Clegg # 27, Ryan Wade Lord, and Perry Clay McClanahan i'll miss all of you, you'll never be forgotton by this town or this community
11-26-2009 12:25 PM
Sanduril Offline
Rebel

I am going to be home-schooled, but my parents are still sorting it out. I don't think home-school kids are smarter, though. Maybe a bit, but not much.

The Desert Fox wrote:
11-26-2009 09:40 PM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Given 18 thank(s) in 15 post(s)

Lucky you people that you can avoid seeing this horrible building the next day without resorting to shooting your head or running away and living as a bum.

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
The Desert Fox Wrote:I thought when I downloaded it it was already emulated.
zagix Wrote:I'm stuck to the fagarena because I'm a fag
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
11-26-2009 11:53 PM
Sanduril Offline
Rebel

Yeah, but I would rather that I didn't have to leave in the first place...

The Desert Fox wrote:
11-27-2009 01:32 AM
Paraless Offline
Renegade

Wingless Wrote:"Its is a privilege to be in an American, government-controlled school system"
What's wrong with that, exactly? It is a privilege.

Quote:I'm sorry, when is absolute government control in education ever a good thing?
This is a moot point. Government funding doesn't affect the teachers or the curriculum. You're still getting the same education. Besides, what about private schools?
Quote:Especially when they limit what you can and cannot learn, and what you can and cannot do?
They aren't limiting what you can and cannot learn. They're teaching you something. You're free to learn whatever you desire on your own time, but while you're in school you're expected to learn the things that we've all decided are important for every informed adult to know. As for what you can and cannot do, what is it exactly that you want to do that you can't do in school?
Quote:I don't think its a privilege to be in a place where you are FORCED to go to, or a place which haunts your mind day after day after day.
It's for your benefit. We force kids to go to school for the same reason we force infants to eat their vegetables.
Quote:Especially considering that THREE of our school staff have been arrested or accused of crimes (one confirmed of sexual assault on a mentally challenged student. Sickening, hunh? I guess schools are so poor now they don't even bother with background checks on these people they let in).
Don't blame the schools. The real problem is that unions make it nigh-impossible to fire these bastards. We all want to get rid of them, but it's an administrative nightmare. Add tenure into the mix, and they aren't going anywhere. Do you think the district wants to pay these useless people? Of course not.

Back from hiatus.
11-28-2009 05:11 PM
Swift Offline
Fanatic

Given 9 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

P-A-R-A-L-E-S-S

You're back! Hug

"I heard a joke once. Man goes to doctor says "I'm terribly depressed". Doctor says "I know just what you should do. Poliacci the clown is in town, go see him, you'll be cheered right up." The man bursts into tears. "But Doctor, I am Poliacci." Funny joke. Roll on snare drum. Everyone laugh."

-Rorschach

[Image: BANANAMAN.gif]
11-28-2009 05:22 PM
Paraless Offline
Renegade

Swift Wrote:P-A-R-A-L-E-S-S

You're back! Hug
Right back at you, I guess.

Back from hiatus.
11-28-2009 05:23 PM
The Desert Fox Offline

Paraless Wrote:
What's wrong with that, exactly? It is a privilege.

So, I should be thankful for being accused of having ODD when I merely have a mind of my own? News to me.

Quote:I'm sorry, when is absolute government control in education ever a good thing?
This is a moot point. Government funding doesn't affect the teachers or the curriculum. You're still getting the same education. Besides, what about private schools?

He was talking about the totilatarian style of control, not funding.

Quote:Especially when they limit what you can and cannot learn, and what you can and cannot do?
They aren't limiting what you can and cannot learn. They're teaching you something. You're free to learn whatever you desire on your own time, but while you're in school you're expected to learn the things that we've all decided are important for every informed adult to know. As for what you can and cannot do, what is it exactly that you want to do that you can't do in school?

Maybe anything that they think is "bad".

Quote:I don't think its a privilege to be in a place where you are FORCED to go to, or a place which haunts your mind day after day after day.
It's for your benefit. We force kids to go to school for the same reason we force infants to eat their vegetables.

So now school is an excellent source of Vitamin C?

Quote:Especially considering that THREE of our school staff have been arrested or accused of crimes (one confirmed of sexual assault on a mentally challenged student. Sickening, hunh? I guess schools are so poor now they don't even bother with background checks on these people they let in).
Don't blame the schools. The real problem is that unions make it nigh-impossible to fire these bastards. We all want to get rid of them, but it's an administrative nightmare. Add tenure into the mix, and they aren't going anywhere. Do you think the district wants to pay these useless people? Of course not.
What unions? We try to get our point across, they cram Ritalin down our throats.

Hidden stuff:
(11-27-2011 10:52 AM)Efs Wrote:  Our Army is more professional than Amerika. Smile
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
"There is no enemy, there is no victory, only boys who lost their lives in the sand."
[/center]
11-28-2009 09:14 PM
Sanduril Offline
Rebel

Desert fox, I could not agree more. When you speak your own opinion they bury and conceal it from other pupils as they fear it may 'taint their perfect world'. But I LOL'd at 'so schools are a good source of vitamin C?'

The Desert Fox wrote:
11-29-2009 12:06 AM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

Vitamin C... is that what you call metamphetamines and tranquilizers today?

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
TrueAnarchist Wrote:and to think, i could be yiffing a hot vixen right about now
CrayolaColours Wrote:He just admitted today that he spent two hours...errr... shaking hands with the Bishop afterwards.
CrayolaColours Wrote:Woman up, will you? Grow a damn pussy and get over yourselves.
11-29-2009 02:16 AM
Reptorian Offline
Fanatic

Paraless Wrote:What's wrong with that, exactly? It is a privilege.

You probably won't understand what I'm saying. I hope you understand that I didn't waste more than 30 minutes just writing the whole thing.

In the US public education system, the students are stripped away rights that they can have outside of school such as rights like freedom of speech describing their own thoughts that may be considered negative about school pointing out what area the school system have to be changed and the teacher do not want to be informed that the population in the public school system had scored lower than those who go through an alternative form of education which declares that the school system needs reforming yet the school system have gone through so many reform. Reforming will undoubtedly get the students to be scoring higher than those who go through an alternative form of education.

Keep in mind that the students have no powers over what kind of education they go through and the education places results differs which leads into the conclusion that many different form of education may have different techniques used to teach people and the environment are different in some way. As a results, you're not getting the same education, but you're in a education places yourself. Read this that I have thought about. The better term for your usage of education would be learning since there are a large differences between education and learning.

The students in the US public education are limiting our knowledge development at what rates of lesson they are assigning us and the amount of stress they have provided us which reduces the amount of knowledge and memorization ability. We are being taught the same basics lesson at every years while assignments may have chances of reducing the free time of students to the point where they don't have free time to develop their own needs of knowledge. They are also limiting us in the knowledge development by the results of the teacher do not acknowledge cognitive traits of the students and the amount of students they are attempting to teach which massively reduces the accommodation to the students needs and the amount of methods for knowledge developments. People can learn naturally, but people all learns differently which results that the school system didn't helped all individual learns what they need because the environment isn't for their neurological setup and psychological setup.

Here's some arguments against the irrelevance of GPA in order to give you a couple of ideas of how they are limiting us and losing our interests in learning the subjects they are trying to teach. It may also give an insight of how wrong the society can be.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the world of logical thinking style, GPA scores is irrelevance to the future and the amount of knowledge that individual may have. There isn't any powerful evidence that GPA helps the people determine that chances of success into the future nor does it gives the people reasonable outlook to see find out what's your capability of working into the field that you're studying. There's a lot of sane people that wouldn't be able to enjoy easy works that may be repetitive to them while having so many work that is considering challenging to them right in the study that they are not interested in. The difficulty and repetitiveness in the lessons they are having strongly affects their GPA and their environment may screw up the reliability of the GPA as the results of the way the school system setup their things such as the math books which as answers on the back of the book, hence reduces the effort of concentration of learning the subject and the amount of time on the assignment. There are many ways and evidence that the psychological and cognitive abilities to be connected to the influence of environment by several different factors isuch as the environmental factors inside the environment along with the communications factors such as the background of students and the way the rules goes by the conversation which therefore makes the grades even more irrelevant.

If you could be able to start your own company with better ideas or obtains better amount of incomes, then others will see evidence of you that you are capable of being a employer that should be looked up upon as a successful person even though you have bad grades, thus rendering grades as if it pointless.

Realistic expectation of a individual work ethics can be clearly seen looking into that person's experience in the working field and these working field may not similar to having a strict boss, boundaries, and forced to conform to one another people, thus, it proves that GPA means almost nothing. Teachers have a little philosophical thoughts that tells them those who obeys and get correct answers based on temporary memorization should be considered a person with a environment that you can literally cheat on is a person who is smart and don't forget that the teacher's ability to instruct with limited interpersonal skills, then it is pointless to say your GPA is true because of many different factors that may influence GPA.

Everyone has different neurological development on the brain and different kind of brain in themselves which results that it is not possible to know how the individual learns without observing and it has been very much proven that humans have higher chances of survival if they learn using a method that may actually support the brain itself. With all of realistic view of what GPA are, it is reasonable to conclude that job opportunities, knowledge, intelligence, qualities, possible interpersonal/intrapersonal/personal experiences, values, beliefs, and other factors are not based on your GPA and not all employers would be using GPA as 100 percent factor.

Here's a couple of questions based on my experience with public school?

1. How would you feel if you were taught the same basics of elementary school all the way into high school while acknowledging that the students around you haven't learned the basics that they need?

2.How would you feel if you have no powers of your choice of education and you have lack of customization in the style of teaching/learning/experiencing to accommodate your every needs to get you to develop more properly with less stress?

3. How would you feel if the teachers have every rights to make your life miserable and you can't do a single shit about it?

4. How would you feel if you are surrounded by so many idiots that wouldn't understand your situation and it is extremely rare to find an individual that actually understand your situation while giving advice that may appeal to you and might help you in the long run?

5.how would you feel if you don't have any time to develop your talents from the results of exhaustion of school and you didn't learn a single shit in school assignments while you could learn a lot more outside of school without school putting you meaningless assignment?

ZZZ...
11-29-2009 02:31 AM
The Desert Fox Offline

Inb4 this turns into another heated anti-school debate

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
11-29-2009 03:10 AM
Reptorian Offline
Fanatic

Hope the debate gets heated to the maximum level if it going to happen.

ZZZ...
11-29-2009 05:55 AM
IllusoryDeath Away
~become away~

Given 8 thank(s) in 8 post(s)

StylizedCarfan1 Wrote:Hope the debate gets heated to the maximum level if it going to happen.
Dun dun dun....
11-29-2009 05:57 AM
Sanduril Offline
Rebel

*GASP*

The Desert Fox wrote:
11-29-2009 08:06 AM
Paraless Offline
Renegade

StylizedCarfan1 Wrote:You probably won't understand what I'm saying.
You underestimate me, Mr. Carfan.
Quote:I hope you understand that I didn't waste more than 30 minutes just writing the whole thing.
We'll see.
Quote:In the US public education system, the students are stripped away rights that they can have outside of school such as rights like freedom of speech describing their own thoughts that may be considered negative about school pointing out what area the school system have to be changed and the teacher do not want to be informed that the population in the public school system had scored lower than those who go through an alternative form of education which declares that the school system needs reforming yet the school system have gone through so many reform.
The reason students aren't allowed to call school evil is because in doing so they're not only making fools of themselves but they're insulting every teacher, monitor, and principal who has been going through the trouble of educating them for their entire lives. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Calling school bad while you're still reaping its benefits is like calling Billy Joel a bad musician while listening to Piano Man at full volume.
Quote:Reforming will undoubtedly get the students to be scoring higher than those who go through an alternative form of education.
Reform for the sake of reform does nothing. You have to be more specific if you want people to take you seriously.
Quote:Keep in mind that the students have no powers over what kind of education they go through and the education places results differs which leads into the conclusion that many different form of education may have different techniques used to teach people and the environment are different in some way.
Electives. Once kids are old enough to have an idea of what career they want to pursue, they're free to choose classes that will help them achieve that goal.
Quote:As a results, you're not getting the same education, but you're in a education places yourself. Read this that I have thought about.
I don't follow. Was this translated from another language? You might want to look into a different translator.
Quote:The better term for your usage of education would be learning since there are a large differences between education and learning.

Claiming that there are differences between education and learning is just semantical masturbation. They're the same thing. You can't get an education without learning, and vice-versa.
Quote:The students in the US public education are limiting our knowledge development at what rates of lesson they are assigning us and the amount of stress they have provided us which reduces the amount of knowledge and memorization ability.
If anything, school enhances cognitive development. People have to be challenged if they want to improve in something. If you can't cope with the stresses of school, that's not their fault. There are countless methods of dealing with stress; accommodations can be made. Don't forgo school completely. Besides, what sources do you have that definitively say that school has a negative effect on intelligence? It's poppycock.
Quote:We are being taught the same basics lesson at every years while assignments may have chances of reducing the free time of students to the point where they don't have free time to develop their own needs of knowledge.
No you aren't. Are you seriously telling me that in tenth grade you were doing the same things as you were in fifth? As for the free time thing, nothing in life is free. If you want to become an educated citizen capable of supporting himself, you have to make some concessions.
Quote:They are also limiting us in the knowledge development by the results of the teacher do not acknowledge cognitive traits of the students and the amount of students they are attempting to teach which massively reduces the accommodation to the students needs and the amount of methods for knowledge developments. People can learn naturally, but people all learns differently which results that the school system didn't helped all individual learns what they need because the environment isn't for their neurological setup and psychological setup.
Classes can get large. Still, a good teacher can overcome this handicap. Everyone learns slightly differently, but the education system has become so ubiquitous that those minor discrepancies don't have that much of an effect. We all know what tests, homework, etc. are. It's the student's responsibility to conform to some extent if he wants to get anything out of his time at school. You can't expect them to do all of the work.
Quote:1. How would you feel if you were taught the same basics of elementary school all the way into high school while acknowledging that the students around you haven't learned the basics that they need?
I wouldn't know, because that's not true.
Quote:2.How would you feel if you have no powers of your choice of education and you have lack of customization in the style of teaching/learning/experiencing to accommodate your every needs to get you to develop more properly with less stress?
I wouldn't know, because I do have choices in my education.
Quote:3. How would you feel if the teachers have every rights to make your life miserable and you can't do a single shit about it?
We all have to deal with bad teachers sometimes. There are bad people in all walks of life. If anything, it'll build character. Should things ever get out of hand, I'm sure you could tell the principal/guidance counselor/dean.
Quote:4. How would you feel if you are surrounded by so many idiots that wouldn't understand your situation and it is extremely rare to find an individual that actually understand your situation while giving advice that may appeal to you and might help you in the long run?
I wouldn't know, because I don't have a superiority complex. Other people around you aren't idiots, they're different. What gives you the right to call other people names in the first place?
Quote:5.how would you feel if you don't have any time to develop your talents from the results of exhaustion of school and you didn't learn a single shit in school assignments while you could learn a lot more outside of school without school putting you meaningless assignment?
What kind of marvelous talents are you cultivating that school is so carelessly getting in the way of?

You don't "learn a single shit in school assignments?" I doubt that highly.

Back from hiatus.
11-29-2009 02:11 PM
The Desert Fox Offline

Paraless Wrote:
StylizedCarfan1 Wrote:You probably won't understand what I'm saying.
You underestimate me, Mr. Carfan.

DUN DUN DUUUN.

Quote:I hope you understand that I didn't waste more than 30 minutes just writing the whole thing.
We'll see.

*rubs chin while narrowing my eyes*

Quote:In the US public education system, the students are stripped away rights that they can have outside of school such as rights like freedom of speech describing their own thoughts that may be considered negative about school pointing out what area the school system have to be changed and the teacher do not want to be informed that the population in the public school system had scored lower than those who go through an alternative form of education which declares that the school system needs reforming yet the school system have gone through so many reform.
The reason students aren't allowed to call school evil is because in doing so they're not only making fools of themselves but they're insulting every teacher, monitor, and principal who has been going through the trouble of educating them for their entire lives. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Calling school bad while you're still reaping its benefits is like calling Billy Joel a bad musician while listening to Piano Man at full volume.

I don't think all schools are evil. Why else would I have made that "Don't forget" thread? And saying essentially that we're ungrateful is like telling a man in prison to be glad he has food and a roof over his head. If you call "benefits" having the freedom to have a teacher grab your 750+ page book on World War II during 'free reading time' and promptly tell you that it's "not class appropriate", despite saying five minutes earlier that all reading material (excluding porn, gruesomely violent books, etc.) are A-OK, and giving you a detention when you try to have your right to due process, then I guess we are "biting the hand that feeds us".

Quote:Reforming will undoubtedly get the students to be scoring higher than those who go through an alternative form of education.
Reform for the sake of reform does nothing. You have to be more specific if you want people to take you seriously.

Reform for freedom, not just for the sake of reforming.

Quote:Keep in mind that the students have no powers over what kind of education they go through and the education places results differs which leads into the conclusion that many different form of education may have different techniques used to teach people and the environment are different in some way.
Electives. Once kids are old enough to have an idea of what career they want to pursue, they're free to choose classes that will help them achieve that goal.

So, when I was in 6th grade, after I've learned all the basics I "need to know", teaching myself about World War II is bad because I'm "too young to know what I want to do"? I have taught myself more about warfare and the Second World War than everything they have crammed down my throat at school. Why? Because in one it's mere forced memorization. In another it's something enjoyable, there's an endless supply of books out there that are actually UP TO PAR WITH MY READING LEVEL, I can meet veterans almost anywhere (met a 3rd Army vet at my sisters graduation, for one, he fought in the Battle Of The Bulge). Not to mention the fact that it's actually going to help me in my career. Future WWII historian. If I change my mind, I change my mind. But it's not happening anytime soon.

Quote:The better term for your usage of education would be learning since there are a large differences between education and learning.

Claiming that there are differences between education and learning is just semantical masturbation. They're the same thing. You can't get an education without learning, and vice-versa.

That all depends. Someone can be an expert on one subject, has all the facts laid out. But, all the school has to say is "You haven't learned anything" and he, somehow, is now "uneducated".

Quote:The students in the US public education are limiting our knowledge development at what rates of lesson they are assigning us and the amount of stress they have provided us which reduces the amount of knowledge and memorization ability.
If anything, school enhances cognitive development. People have to be challenged if they want to improve in something. If you can't cope with the stresses of school, that's not their fault. There are countless methods of dealing with stress; accommodations can be made. Don't forgo school completely. Besides, what sources do you have that definitively say that school has a negative effect on intelligence? It's poppycock.

Having my constitutionial rights stripped away and having biased "facts" force-fed to me (that I forget a year or two later, unless I had taught it to myself), is "improving cognitive development?

Quote:We are being taught the same basics lesson at every years while assignments may have chances of reducing the free time of students to the point where they don't have free time to develop their own needs of knowledge.
No you aren't. Are you seriously telling me that in tenth grade you were doing the same things as you were in fifth? As for the free time thing, nothing in life is free. If you want to become an educated citizen capable of supporting himself, you have to make some concessions.

Like being forced to a scaled-down prison for thirteen years and have your rights taken away. Because we all know the only way to be a good little citizen is to go through forced school. It's not like you can learn the same social skills much faster and much more pleasantly in the real world. And now in 7th grade, the work is almost identical to the work three years ago.

Quote:They are also limiting us in the knowledge development by the results of the teacher do not acknowledge cognitive traits of the students and the amount of students they are attempting to teach which massively reduces the accommodation to the students needs and the amount of methods for knowledge developments. People can learn naturally, but people all learns differently which results that the school system didn't helped all individual learns what they need because the environment isn't for their neurological setup and psychological setup.
Classes can get large. Still, a good teacher can overcome this handicap. Everyone learns slightly differently, but the education system has become so ubiquitous that those minor discrepancies don't have that much of an effect. We all know what tests, homework, etc. are. It's the student's responsibility to conform to some extent if he wants to get anything out of his time at school. You can't expect them to do all of the work.

I don't. I would, however, like their "soloution" to people's "problems" at school to be a little more helpful than "just keep eating shit and smiling as it goes down".

Quote:1. How would you feel if you were taught the same basics of elementary school all the way into high school while acknowledging that the students around you haven't learned the basics that they need?
I wouldn't know, because that's not true.

Maybe not in your case.
Quote:2.How would you feel if you have no powers of your choice of education and you have lack of customization in the style of teaching/learning/experiencing to accommodate your every needs to get you to develop more properly with less stress?
I wouldn't know, because I do have choices in my education.

Lucky you. Either did un/homeschooling or you're an adult, to have that freedom.
Quote:3. How would you feel if the teachers have every rights to make your life miserable and you can't do a single shit about it?
We all have to deal with bad teachers sometimes. There are bad people in all walks of life. If anything, it'll build character. Should things ever get out of hand, I'm sure you could tell the principal/guidance counselor/dean.

And you actually think they'd offer anything other than their normal reply.

Quote:5.how would you feel if you don't have any time to develop your talents from the results of exhaustion of school and you didn't learn a single shit in school assignments while you could learn a lot more outside of school without school putting you meaningless assignment?
What kind of marvelous talents are you cultivating that school is so carelessly getting in the way of?

In my case, World War II. I love the subject, there are so many ways to learn new things about it, and I plan to make a career out of it.

You don't "learn a single shit in school assignments?" I doubt that highly.
Mindless memorization and learning are two different things.

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
11-29-2009 06:37 PM
Sanduril Offline
Rebel

Desert Fox, I think you may be the Jesus of school survival. Paraless, I think you are the Satan. And if you think school is so good, why are you on this website? I think I speak for the vast majority here in saying that school is the hell in all this.

P.S: Desert Fox, I wish you good luck in becoming a WWII historian.

The Desert Fox wrote:
11-29-2009 11:40 PM
The Desert Fox Offline

Sanduril Wrote:Desert Fox, I think you may be the Jesus of school survival. Paraless, I think you are the Satan. And if you think school is so good, why are you on this website? I think I speak for the vast majority here in saying that school is the hell in all this.

P.S: Desert Fox, I wish you good luck in becoming a WWII historian.

Well, that certainly is flattering, but if it wasn't for SoulRiser, this site wouldn't even exist. And calling Paraless 'Satan' is a bit extreme, no? True, his views are different from ours, but if we mindlessly criticize him for his views, are we any better then the pro-schoolers who do the same?

And thanks.

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
11-29-2009 11:43 PM
Sanduril Offline
Rebel

I was only joking when I called him Satan, and I apoligise if ot seemed like I was trying to shadow his thoughts, otherwise we wouldn't be any better than teachers. But I am curious as to why he is on this website if he is pro-school?

And we should take our hats off to soul riser!

The Desert Fox wrote:
11-29-2009 11:48 PM
The Desert Fox Offline

Sanduril Wrote:I was only joking when I called him Satan, and I apoligise if ot seemed like I was trying to shadow his thoughts, otherwise we wouldn't be any better than teachers. But I am curious as to why he is on this website if he is pro-school?

Well, if there was a pro-school forum, wouldn't we want to go there and make our case?

Sanduril Wrote:And we should take our hats off to soul riser!

Here, here!

Hidden stuff:
Faby Wrote:
Mmm, flambéed vulpine.
[/center]
11-29-2009 11:52 PM
Sanduril Offline
Rebel

Well, I would probably stay away from pro-school forums, but I do understand how people would want to do stuff like that... you make a fair point Desert Fox... yes... indeed...

The Desert Fox wrote:
11-30-2009 12:02 AM
Ceiling Cat Offline
Fanatic

I went ahead and read the whole crap.
Paraless, either your teachers were angels or you didn't go to school at all.

Why does there have to be ALWAYS one person like you in every community I join? :<_<:

Problem, officer?
Hidden stuff:
11-30-2009 01:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Worst English Teacher Ever NightThoughts 16 13,274 06-11-2017 04:22 AM
Last Post: Marlena403
  My English Teacher Subb 13 7,138 05-05-2017 02:50 PM
Last Post: James Comey
  My English teacher lied to the Head of English about my homework Marlena403 12 6,200 04-29-2017 10:18 AM
  My math teacher was really honest today.... James Comey 9 7,833 01-15-2017 01:42 AM
Last Post: Superkamiguru
  Horrible English lesson and teacher Marlena403 2 2,550 11-12-2016 08:48 AM
Last Post: Sadly_Not
  A threat my math teacher made at the class today Christian Hellhound 5 4,791 02-13-2014 04:53 PM
  My Stupid English Teacher CinnamonSynonym 12 11,215 10-20-2012 05:55 AM
Last Post: CinnamonSynonym
  English Teacher 4r4b7 24 9,955 10-11-2012 10:03 AM
Last Post: SomeRandomHuman
  My IT teacher today.... Efs 17 5,215 03-17-2012 01:52 PM
Last Post: Efs
  My English Teacher....again... Efs 1 1,806 03-13-2012 08:10 PM
Last Post: The