RIP School Survival Forums
August 2001 - June 2017

The School Survival Forums are permanently retired. If you need help with quitting school, unsupportive parents or anything else, there is a list of resources on the Help Page.

If you want to write about your experiences in school, you can write on our blog.

To everyone who joined these forums at some point, and got discouraged by the negativity and left after a while (or even got literally scared off): I'm sorry.

I wasn't good enough at encouraging people to be kinder, and removing people who refuse to be kind. Encouraging people is hard, and removing people creates conflict, and I hate conflict... so that's why I wasn't better at it.

I was a very, very sensitive teen. The atmosphere of this forum as it is now, if it had existed in 1996, would probably have upset me far more than it would have helped.

I can handle quite a lot of negativity and even abuse now, but that isn't the point. I want to help people. I want to help the people who need it the most, and I want to help people like the 1996 version of me.

I'm still figuring out the best way to do that, but as it is now, these forums are doing more harm than good, and I can't keep running them.

Thank you to the few people who have tried to understand my point of view so far. I really, really appreciate you guys. You are beautiful people.

Everyone else: If after everything I've said so far, you still don't understand my motivations, I think it's unlikely that you will. We're just too different. Maybe someday in the future it might make sense, but until then, there's no point in arguing about it. I don't have the time or the energy for arguing anymore. I will focus my time and energy on people who support me, and those who need help.

-SoulRiser

The forums are mostly read-only and are in a maintenance/testing phase, before being permanently archived. Please use this time to get the contact details of people you'd like to keep in touch with. My contact details are here.

Please do not make a mirror copy of the forums in their current state - things will still change, and some people have requested to be able to edit or delete some of their personal info.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are women really equal?
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Given 50 thank(s) in 38 post(s)
Re: Are women really equal?

Has anyone has ever decided to go as far as to do more want like?
06-17-2011 07:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pashupati Offline
Rebel

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)

Leon Kinotolian Wrote:...I cannot understand what the everliving fuck you're saying.
Hmm, sorry.
Let's explain: in french, in most written sentence, you put an "e" next to some words when you're female. As in "Je suis fatiguée, je me tire" for "I'm tired, gotta go". So one can't really go play a random game and chat there textually without giving any indication on one gender, except if telling lies. I know some women avoid according the verbs to their gender, and also avoid talking via TeamSpeak, because it happens people reacts like Pinki, having bad prejudice when they hear a woman voice. I was saying it also happened to an online male friend, who had a womanly voice, yet they started saying he was an attention whore after a bit of casual conversation with him, the kind of game conversation appropriate because the same as habitual.
The first fuck in parenthesis is just a little conversation with an imaginary friend about how the historical list in the Geek Feminism Wiki isn't really complete.
06-17-2011 07:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Faby Offline
work in progress

Given 61 thank(s) in 45 post(s)

who are you and what is your business on SS?

Let go of all desire for the common good, and the good becomes common as grass.

~~

Good fortune follows upon disaster;
Disaster lurks within good fortune;
Who can say how things will end?
Perhaps there is no end.
06-17-2011 07:26 PM
Bob Dole Offline
Fanatic

Given 23 thank(s) in 19 post(s)

Faby Wrote:who are you and what is your business on SS?
Pssh. You don't need to have "business" on SS. Most of us sit here and fuck around.

K
S
06-17-2011 07:51 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Given 80 thank(s) in 73 post(s)

BaronVonStrangle Wrote:Has anyone has ever decided to go as far as to do more want like?

Wait what?

Pashupati: welcome to SS newcomer don't mind the assholes and strangeness and I do hope you enjoy your stay. Welcome

[Image: WARZONES_subs_hostility.png]
image hosting jpg
06-17-2011 07:56 PM
Pashupati Offline
Rebel

FightforRight Wrote:
Faby Wrote:who are you and what is your business on SS?
Pssh. You don't need to have "business" on SS. Most of us sit here and fuck around.
Yes, I do. I have a business hijacking minds with written words and selling these to the devil.
Thanks for the welcoming, people.
06-17-2011 09:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

Oh, another thing that enrages me about women, is when they get all picky and only choose the big cocks. Everyone at school thinks I have a massive cock, you guys probably think that's a good thing..NO. It's not. It now means every girl I hook up with or fuck with is going to expect a massive cock, little do they know that my penis is an average.

DOWNT LAFF.

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
06-18-2011 12:07 AM
Faby Offline
work in progress

*immense snort*

~~

Perhaps there is no end.
06-18-2011 12:10 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Efstratios Wrote:Oh, another thing that enrages me about women, is when they get all picky and only choose the big cocks. Everyone at school thinks I have a massive cock, you guys probably think that's a good thing..NO. It's not. It now means every girl I hook up with or fuck with is going to expect a massive cock, little do they know that my penis is an average.

DOWNT LAFF.

Hahaha!
So glad I don't have that problem.
Still some women don't want massive cock as it tends to hurt them and I pity the guy with the massive cock who is stuck to blowjobs.

image hosting jpg
06-18-2011 04:07 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

Given 45 thank(s) in 36 post(s)

HeartofShadows Wrote:
Efstratios Wrote:Oh, another thing that enrages me about women, is when they get all picky and only choose the big cocks. Everyone at school thinks I have a massive cock, you guys probably think that's a good thing..NO. It's not. It now means every girl I hook up with or fuck with is going to expect a massive cock, little do they know that my penis is an average.

DOWNT LAFF.

Hahaha!

That's 'cause you're black.

Which for once is something for you to be proud of. Biggrin
06-18-2011 04:23 AM
UnschoolShqiponjë Offline
Fanatic

Given 221 thank(s) in 148 post(s)

HeartofShadows Wrote:

DOWNT LAFF.

Hahaha!
Still some women don't want massive cock as it tends to hurt them and I pity the guy with the massive cock who is stuck to blowjobs.

My cousins penis is 9 and 1/4 inches... only about 1/2 an inch shorter than Ron Jeremy...

Don't ask why I know this.

Live until you die
[Image: Untitled-1.png]
06-18-2011 05:14 AM
Faby Offline
work in progress

UnschoolShqiponjë Wrote:Don't ask why I know this.

*mind wanders off in dark corners*

~~

Perhaps there is no end.
06-18-2011 05:15 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

This thread is now penis discussion
06-18-2011 05:27 AM
Fanatic

BaronVonStrangle Wrote:This thread is now penis discussion

My brothers penis is 7.5 inches... another cousins is 5 inches.... another cousins is 7 inches... average penis size is about 5.5-6 inches....

Live until you die
06-18-2011 05:50 AM
Faby Offline
work in progress

centimetres

are what's for dinner

use them.

~~

Perhaps there is no end.
06-18-2011 06:02 AM
Fanatic

Faby Wrote:centimetres

are what's for dinner

use them.

I'm gonna have to learn metric for when I go to Albania.

Live until you die
06-18-2011 06:19 AM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Ayliana Wrote:That's 'cause you're black.

Which for once is something for you to be proud of. Biggrin

[Image: jungle.jpg]

image hosting jpg
06-18-2011 06:26 AM
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

Given 11 thank(s) in 9 post(s)

Pashupati Wrote:
Leon Kinotolian Wrote:...I cannot understand what the everliving fuck you're saying.
Hmm, sorry.
Let's explain: in french, in most written sentence, you put an "e" next to some words when you're female. As in "Je suis fatiguée, je me tire" for "I'm tired, gotta go". So one can't really go play a random game and chat there textually without giving any indication on one gender, except if telling lies. I know some women avoid according the verbs to their gender, and also avoid talking via TeamSpeak, because it happens people reacts like Pinki, having bad prejudice when they hear a woman voice. I was saying it also happened to an online male friend, who had a womanly voice, yet they started saying he was an attention whore after a bit of casual conversation with him, the kind of game conversation appropriate because the same as habitual.
The first fuck in parenthesis is just a little conversation with an imaginary friend about how the historical list in the Geek Feminism Wiki isn't really complete.
I think I got it this time... From what I gather then, you're French?

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
Rebelnerd Wrote:Avatar was an inside job.
For $9.11 I'll give you an inside job.
Raikuron Wrote:Okay. I fail. DISREGARD THAT EVERYONE, I SUCK COCKS!
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:fox you should take everything mystery says with a pinch of salt

and by pinch of salt i actually mean you need to build a fucking salt processing plant so you have enough salt to dispell the bullshit
06-18-2011 06:41 AM
Pashupati Offline
Rebel

Yes. Stuffs may be different in you country.
06-18-2011 07:19 AM
Blobthe15 Offline
stereotypical agnsty teenager

Given 5 thank(s) in 5 post(s)

HeartofShadows Wrote:
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:Everything can be utterly fucking retarded end of story

Hidden stuff:
Rebelnerd:
Again, I agree with you. School does teach you things. And once again, you are missing the point entirely. It's not that I disagree with school's mission or the things it teaches. What I object to is that the students are deprived of any choice in the matter. As benign as the intentions may be, any system that forces people into an environment where they have no say in their lives is a situation ripe for abuse of power.

I am Blobthe15, creator of threads that die too quickly.

Hidden stuff:
[Image: 58jT6.gif]
Weswammy Wrote:
The Desert Fox Wrote:Down with Soulriser! It is time for the God of Gods to become the Fallen God of Fallen Gods!
You'll end up like Prometheus, chained to a rock with a bird eating your internal organs.

Or as close as that can be recreated on an internet forum.
[Image: oC8W8.png]

(02-08-2012 01:06 PM)Lunatic Wrote:  everyone says emo is like a music style or hair stile or clothing or cutting yourself but i think its like a sexuality just like being gay but a different kind of gay just like transexuals you know
06-18-2011 07:22 AM
username01462781 Offline
Pariah

Given 8 thank(s) in 7 post(s)

Ayliana Wrote:You're really going to use the Flynn effect to prove male superiority when you can't even remember what century the women's rights movement kicked off. Wow. You fail.The Flynn effect has nothing to do with gender and everything to do with an increase standard of living. Better food, sanitation, clean water, access to educational services (yes before the Internet school had huge importance), and a decrease in infant mortality all contributed to the Flynn effect. Before the 19th century very few people male or female had access to that standard of living. You're trying to make it sound like all men had an innate ability to be engineers and mathematicians and the Flynn effect eventually brought women up to that same standard. Truth is that very very few men had that ability, and 9 times out of 10 they came from affluence.

I was wrong about the Flynn effect. I think I should leave out scientific terms because I crearly am not credible enough.

Ayliana Wrote:Actually yes it does. Intelligence is not purely genetic. It's half environmental. Before the Internet formal education was one of the few ways to provide that environmental factor as poor people who're illiterate can't exactly teach their own kids to read. Ergo school. Even today those who are illiterate are more likely to be unemployed, homeless, incarcerated, or have illegitimate children than those who can read. It's only been in the last 50 or so years that opportunities for women have really become available. And that's why you see more female doctors, lawyers, engineers, professors, and college students than any other time in history. Also how the fuck do you know how most women make their livings. That last sentence implies that your issues with women are based less on fact and more on a feeling of sexual inadequacy.

I know that intelligence is not purely genetic but I also know that ingenuity is something that doesn't come from one or two things, including school or internet. I don't have any issues witth women, I'm just finding out if they're truly equal to men in terms of the mind.

The "on their backs" claim is common knowledge, and whether you like it or not more (not all, mind you) women get through life by using their bodies as the money-maker. It's a shame, but it's true. There are credible women out there of course, but they're outnumbered.

Ayliana Wrote:Again you're making generalizations about a huge group of people whom you have largely never met. What makes you think men aren't just as materialistic. There are just as much crap marketed to guys and just as many men who measure their worth by how many toys they have as women. That's a symptom of culture not of gender.For someone who's supposedly better than me, I sure blew you argument to shit. Maybe it's because I spend my time reading books and not dicking around with video games. You should try it sometime. Your intelligence might catch up to mine.

I wasn't making a generalisation. I said the majority are, a generalisation is when you mean all are. Also you're right about materialism = culture.

I don't know you and you don't know me. We're just words on a screen. I know that it may be hard to not take it personally as you're apparently a woman, but I don't mean to offend you and I'm sorry if I have. However, adding in personal stabs against a random poster on the internet does not make your case any more credible. In fact it goes against what you're trying to prove.

FightforRight Wrote:Men were in charge first because biologically, men are typically more aggressive than females. IQ has next to nothing to do with overall standing in a hierarchical society. The more aggressive members of a society are more apt to take risks and pursue positions of leadership. Thus, men typically take the leadership positions. This quickly morphed into tradition, and all society, women included, harshly discouraged any women from taking on the tasks they thought unsuitable for women, which was most everything that was any sort of mentally or physically stimulating.

So men were in charge because of a sound, understandable biological reason? Why is it wrong that men are in their natural roles as leaders? Why is it so important that women get roles that aren't their natural position?

And don't say nature doesn't have a say in roles of life, because it does. Nature will only be discounted once we end up destroying it.

FightforRight Wrote:A history lesson, insults, personal assumptions and more insults.

That sums up the rest of your post. Once it goes down this path I stop trying. I'm not into that shit, but I did like the history lesson so thanks (no sarcasm).
06-18-2011 11:03 AM
Aya Offline
Banned

Linki Wrote:I know that intelligence is not purely genetic but I also know that ingenuity is something that doesn't come from one or two things, including school or internet. I don't have any issues witth women, I'm just finding out if they're truly equal to men in terms of the mind.

You know absolutely shit about ingenuity and creativity. Both are symptoms of intelligence, which as I mentioned before is directly effected by both genetic and environmental factors (education). Until 200 years ago the vast majority of the human population (male and female) had no means of receiving environmental enrichment.

Once again you're using the few cases of rich educated men living in partriachal societies to make your claim that men are superior to women.

Quote:The "on their backs" claim is common knowledge

'common knowledge' means that it is easily proven by science. Therefore if it is common knowledge that most women use their bodies to make money then there would be some proof out there. Please go find it.

Quote:I wasn't making a generalisation. I said the majority are...

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict ... ralization

gen·er·al·i·za·tion  (jnr--l-zshn)
n.
1. The act or an instance of generalizing.
2. A principle, statement, or idea having general application.

Saying that 'most women us their bodies for money' is a general statement

Quote:I don't know you and you don't know me. We're just words on a screen. I know that it may be hard to not take it personally as you're apparently a woman, but I don't mean to offend you and I'm sorry if I have. However, adding in personal stabs against a random poster on the internet does not make your case any more credible. In fact it goes against what you're trying to prove.

This is rich coming from the guy who misrepresented a scientific phenomenon and whose argument is riddled with blanket generalizations and historical cherry picking.

In fact let's recap for a minute shall we? So far you've:

1) Misinterpreted scientific phenomenon to fit your views
2)Treated anecdotal evidence as fact
3)Made blanket generalizations agains 50% of the human population.
4)Displayed a complete and total ignorance of the science of cognitive development
5) Used the 2% of rich educated men in the world before 1800 as proof of male superiority to women.

Yeah, I don't know you. But from what I've learned from what you've written, I'm beginning to see why those 'materialist whores' at your school want nothing to do with you.
06-18-2011 12:47 PM
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

...I was going to post my commentary on this subject, but Ayliana is rocking the logic here. Impressively so.

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:
BaronVonStrangle Wrote:fox you should take everything mystery says with a pinch of salt

and by pinch of salt i actually mean you need to build a fucking salt processing plant so you have enough salt to dispell the bullshit
06-18-2011 01:36 PM
Aya Offline
Banned

Re: Disregard this, I suck cocks.

The following is a PM that Linki sent me (and my responses) to try and continue this argument. Normally I wouldn't publish a PM but given the fact that he deleted his OP (bitch move!) in an attempt to backtrack from his opinions I have decided that I'm justified.

Linki Wrote:After reading that I've eliminated any hope of proper debate.

Any hope of proper debate was lost when you started making claims of superiority based on half truths and out right lies.

Quote:You're far too righteous and narrow-minded to consider opposing views.

Your views are retarded, sexist and based off of misinformation and spin rather than fact. As far as me being 'too righteous and narrow minded' you're the one who claimed male superiority and you're the one who refuses to see the glaring flaws in each and every one of your arguments.

Quote:But you need to realise that this wasn't intended to be a pathetic internet flame war that I'm sure you would like.

And you need to realize that when you make a claim as controversial your, whether online or irl you need to be able to back it up with facts and logic. For all your posturing about how men are better than womenn, not only did you fail in this arguement but you failed to a woman.

Quote:You type "Yeah, I don't know you" then go on to make an insulting claim about my life which you just said you know nothing about.

Lol 2 points for selective literacy. Here's what iactually wrote

"Yeah, I don't know you. But from what I've learned from what you've written, I'm beginning to see why those 'materialist whores' at your school want nothing to do with you."

Quote:You also didn't address parts in my last post. That says a lot to me.

I don't have to respond to every sentence I. Your comments. If I missed over anything it's probably because it was too stupid to be worth dealing with.

Quote:I also still believe men have a greater potential to make bigger achievements than women. This doesn't mean women can't achieve anything, they can. Just means men have the potential to achieve greater than women. Again, just my opinion.

And again, your opinion is illogical, poorly constructed, biased and sexist.

Quote:Also, majority =/= general statement. I'm also certain there are more porn actresses than female doctors.

Once again selective literacy. I've already proved my point on this issue. Go back and read it.

Quote:P.S. This is a PM because I consider it more of a personal reply.

Too bad I'm going to post it in that thread. Oh and protip: deleting your OP is not only bitch move but it's ineffective when someone quotes you. Once again, you fail. To a woman.

P.S
Hidden stuff:
[Image: YouMad.jpg]

:troll:
06-18-2011 03:54 PM
Faby Offline
work in progress

Quote:I also still believe men have a greater potential to make bigger achievements than women. This doesn't mean women can't achieve anything, they can. Just means men have the potential to achieve greater than women. Again, just my opinion.

how?

~~

Perhaps there is no end.
06-18-2011 03:58 PM
HeartofShadows Offline
Fanatic

Wow... And a victory for achieved today in the name of woman power..
Wonder woman would be proud of you Aya. Laugh

image hosting jpg
06-18-2011 04:38 PM
Efs Offline
Fanatic

Given 101 thank(s) in 70 post(s)

Ayliana can I duel you now?

(01-10-2012 02:15 PM)Maelstrom Wrote:  Efs, your nihilism is beautiful.
06-18-2011 06:56 PM
Aya Offline
Banned

Linki sent me another PM. :troll:

Linki Wrote:I deleted it because it was wrong, yet you make it out like I was "hiding my errors". When I am wrong I admit it and understand how to assume responsibility.

If you were really assuming responsibility you would've left your original comments as they were and accepted the consequences. But instead you deleted them, trying to stem the debate in a public forum while you continued the fight with me in private.

Quote:All I've seen from you is slander and failure to understand when someone is trying compromise.

There is no compromis on this issue. Your stance on women is wrong illogical and biased. As far as slander goes weren't you the one who accused the majority of women as being whores 'you make their living on their backs'. That's a Pretty slanderous thing for you to say. And yes it is slander. If you don't believe me I'll be more than happy crack open a dictionary for you again.

Quote:But hey, continue posting internet memes. That'll solve everything.

:troll:

Keep sending me PMs. I love posting them.
06-18-2011 11:48 PM
Leon Kinotolian Offline
Admincat

At this point, I'm going to have to say Linki's just being immature. Deleting his OP, changing the topic title, resorting to otherwise unprovoked and baseless insults and accusations? Yeah, this thread goes to Ayliana.

Linki, for fuck's sake, lrn2debate.

*Tentaclerape*
Hidden stuff:
The Desert Fox Wrote:

06-19-2011 07:28 AM
aaaaaaasd Offline
Grorious Moddu

Leon Kinotolian Wrote:Deleting his OP, changing the topic title, resorting to otherwise unprovoked and baseless insults and accusations?
This is every argument on SS ever
06-19-2011 07:29 AM